PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Borrebies

nordic_canadian_male
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 01:52 AM
I have read that the rise of the borreby type occured as bell beaker dinarics moved north and mixed with UP types. This new blended type received it's cranial roundness from the dinaric, yet retained the low, broad UP face, as well as fair colouring, and heavy build.

Another theory that could be true is the mixing of faelids with taller, brunet alpines. I have noticed that faelids are more muscular than a 'pure looking' borreby, but borrebies are heavier due to their much more common fatness. I'm inclined to believe this theory, because it seems that borrebies lie metrically between faelid's and alpines, yet i'm unsure.

I was wondering what everyone else thought about this topic?

Abby Normal
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 01:58 AM
The Borreby type does not really exist. :P

Awar
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 02:08 AM
I think it's one of those central-European/eastern-European types that originated
somewhere in the Balkans during the ice age.

I also think that the Borreby type is older than Dinarics....... but that's all just IMO.

morfrain_encilgar
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I think it's one of those central-European/eastern-European types that originated
somewhere in the Balkans during the ice age.

I also think that the Borreby type is older than Dinarics....... but that's all just IMO.

Frans can say more about the origin of the Borreby type than I think I am able to do, but they are related to pre-Neolithic types.

Certain "dinaric" types are derived from the Borreby.

Awar
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Frans can say more about the origin of the Borreby type than I think I am able to do, but they are related to pre-Neolithic types.

Certain "dinaric" types are derived from the Borreby.

I can vouch for that. There are quite a lot of very large-boned Dinarics in these parts of Europe. Especially in Montenegro.

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Read also this tread, UP Supremacy:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=10679