PDA

View Full Version : To Save Our Folk Or Not?

klokkwerx
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Will we keep the face, spirit (Folk-soul), and faith of our ancestors in the next 100+ years? Apparently there is well over 6 billion people on Midgard, with allot of cultures, languages, sub-races, and faith/religions. The current state of affairs on Midgard is quite chaotic, it always changes with the wind (usually to the worst).
Our Folk as a whole represents less than 1% of Midgard's population? This figure might look close, but too close for comfort! Then out of the so-called 1% of our Folk, how many are there of Asatruar/Odinists/Heathens? Hard to tell for an accurate account, but the figure is low, very low! With that all in mind, are we doomed as a race just by sheer mathematics and the ever snow-balling universalistic culture/economic world? In my opinion, I say we are doomed, thats if we don't do something to save our selves, and soon!

If your answer is: "Yes, we are doomed", then how do we go about saving our Folk?

Preußischer_Schatten
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
As long as we remain strong through unity we will NEVER be doomed. :)

Sigurd
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM
How does our folk only make up 60 million people ?

Germany has over 70 million alone. Northern European Folk is more like 160-180 million people.

freya3
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I walked around with that thought for about two years and I finally realized to save ourselves and our future we must look @ and draw our strength from our past.

The problem is yes, right now there are not very many of us. We need to, unfortuantely, market ourselves to appeal to more people. Christians are very good @ that and I have thought @ times maybe we should do what they do. Have a get together of some kind for the little ones and bring in stories about the Vikings and the stories of the Gods and Goddesses. Really, marketing to the young would be the best bet in my mind.

Also, there are many x-xtians like me looking for a faith that is something they can be proud of and grow from. It is just getting the message out there. As long as your are trying to do that, you HAVE to have hope and can NOT feel doomed!

Siegfried
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Fortunately, we are far more than 1% of the Earth's human population. Even just Germans are over 1%, people of reasonably undiluted European descent are probably around 15%. How many Germanic people there are, will depend on how you interpret the ethnic composition of the colonies. :)

klokkwerx
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Fortunately, we are far more than 1% of the Earth's human population. Even just Germans are over 1%, people of reasonably undiluted European descent are probably around 15%. How many Germanic people there are, will depend on how you interpret the ethnic composition of the colonies. :)
True to what you say, I knew I had my figures a little off. Then again, it will depend on how you interpret the ethnic composition.

klokkwerx
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 07:23 PM
As long as we remain strong through unity we will NEVER be doomed. :)
Unity, yes!

My opinion on how to save our Folk is through unity of an established community. I draw my inspiration through one of my travels in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico when I visited the Mennonites there. They were invited in the 20's by the Mex gov to buy land cheap so they can farm the land for the market and in return to have a guaranteed security along with tax-free staus, and not serve in the military. Its getting near to a hundred years that these people been there and they are still White, no mixing at all (maybe for those who strayed from their community). I admire their lives: hard workers, good values, strong in faith, and having the bonding power.

If the Folkish Asatru Heathen community can pull something like this off then we can have a good shot for a long and prosperous future. Could it be done?

I also like what Freya3 said about marketing ourselves to appeal to others of our Folk to discover our heritage.

Todays kindreds are almost like what I just described but on a much smaller and unorganized scale, plus how many of those kindreds own land and live off of it?

Weg
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Who's your Folk? And where does it live?

klokkwerx
Wednesday, December 7th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Who's your Folk? And where does it live?
My Folk? Humm, good question. I'd say my Folk are far and few between, I can say my family and those who are of my faith are my Folk, the rest of the White race are just kin.

How about yours, who are your Folk?

Ewergrin
Thursday, December 8th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Will we keep the face, spirit (Folk-soul), and faith of our ancestors in the next 100+ years?
I think so. The numbers will diminish, yes, but I believe that it will only be a "weeding out", so to speak. People who are truly dedicated to folkish preservation will ensure our survival. We can only be bred out if we choose to be

Apparently there is well over 6 billion people on Midgard, with allot of cultures, languages, sub-races, and faith/religions. The current state of affairs on Midgard is quite chaotic, it always changes with the wind (usually to the worst).
I'm sure that people of the world have believed this during every age.

Our Folk as a whole represents less than 1% of Midgard's population?
Source?

This figure might look close, but too close for comfort! Then out of the so-called 1% of our Folk, how many are there of Asatruar/Odinists/Heathens? Hard to tell for an accurate account, but the figure is low, very low!
Not as low and you think, probably.

With that all in mind, are we doomed as a race just by sheer mathematics and the ever snow-balling universalistic culture/economic world? In my opinion, I say we are doomed, thats if we don't do something to save our selves, and soon! The outlook may be grim, but doomed we are not. As long as we educate our children and instill in them the same ideals that we have, we should be just fine. Multiculturalism is a hungry beast, but it eats only those who let it take the first bite. Educating our young is one of the first steps to winning the battle and preserving our lives.

If your answer is: "Yes, we are doomed", then how do we go about saving our Folk?
Breeding, educating and resisting.

Cuchullain
Thursday, December 8th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Evergreen wrote,

Breeding, educating and resisting

Couldn't have put it better myself.;)

Slainte

freya3
Thursday, December 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM
YES, YES, YES Evergreen :D

I feel it is so terribly important to educate our children. Make it fun for them the way churches do. I know as a kid, I would have loved to have heard about the Viking tales, instead of some of the lame bible stories told to me :doh

The way I see it for now is to educate POSITIVELY, focusing on how our ancestors prided themselves in their culture and heritage. Like me, I think if people can see past the "labels and lies" this PC-jew infested world has placed on Odinism/Asatru folkways, they can see that this is the path they need to follow...

klokkwerx
Thursday, December 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Correction on my White race population figure, the more or less correct figure stands around 10%, I forgot to add the zero when copying my notes onto the comp; my writing at the time looked like chicken scratch!

My source of our population count comes from various studies of encyclodedias and internet references, I tried to get the latest info but that proved difficult.
YES, YES, YES Evergreen :D

I feel it is so terribly important to educate our children. Make it fun for them the way churches do. I know as a kid, I would have loved to have heard about the Viking tales, instead of some of the lame bible stories told to me :doh

The way I see it for now is to educate POSITIVELY, focusing on how our ancestors prided themselves in their culture and heritage. Like me, I think if people can see past the "labels and lies" this PC-jew infested world has placed on Odinism/Asatru folkways, they can see that this is the path they need to follow...
Yes, education is very important! Are you talking about educating your(our) kids of our heritage after they come home from public school or home-school them?

Would a commune of our Folk serve us good, or can we secure our Faith and culture living amongst the hoards of others?

freya3
Thursday, December 8th, 2005, 05:36 PM
First off, thanks for starting this thread Klokkwerx!:)

I intend to homeschool my children and have found one group that is Asatru-based called SCOOTS...I have a little time since she is 15 months and the other is due in April, but I want to find the best for them.

www.sigrdrifa.net is the homepage...last time I looked, they were having technical difficulties.

Now for others, I think a community-based program, like a Sunday-school type program or after school program would be great as well. I would love to start something like that once I learn more myself. Being in KY, we have had a hard time finding a kindred here, so once my husband is finished w/his residency and starts his practice, we would like to find a few others around here or where we settle and start a kindred of our own possibly.

We have to get the stereo-types of Heathens erased! Since converting, I have found an incredible group of people who like me want to do something, we just have to come up with ways to get the message across! :thumbsup

freya3
Thursday, December 8th, 2005, 05:41 PM
As for your second question...we need to find as many like us to surround ourselves at first to gain strength. Now I am not saying we need to go hide in a commune somewhere. But, having others around helps to instill the faith we have chosen to follow...

I feel that leading by example is crucial. If others see how fulfilled your life is by Odinism, they will want that for themselves and their families. Just talking to my friends about faith and spirituality, they are searching as did I for peace. This is not going to change overnight, but I am hopeful :)

klokkwerx
Friday, December 9th, 2005, 04:20 PM
As for your second question...we need to find as many like us to surround ourselves at first to gain strength. Now I am not saying we need to go hide in a commune somewhere. But, having others around helps to instill the faith we have chosen to follow...

I feel that leading by example is crucial. If others see how fulfilled your life is by Odinism, they will want that for themselves and their families. Just talking to my friends about faith and spirituality, they are searching as did I for peace. This is not going to change overnight, but I am hopeful :)
Great, it looks like you are on the right trek! We need more Folk like you to set a good example and to show that it is possible.

We don't need to hide in a commune, but I think a little isolation for a while wouldn't hurt either. I think a little isolation will help us get our Folk-soul back on trek and filter out all the foreign crap we picked up over the generations.

freya3
Friday, December 9th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I agree :)

Now, we need to just find the people!!!!!!

klokkwerx
Saturday, December 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I agree :)

Now, we need to just find the people!!!!!!
Very tru again! And that will be the hard part because allot of good Folk out there are still shy from just getting together to promote healthy White Folk culture, thats probably due to all the bad press that Whites got when the media went on the ¨ anti-White Power¨ attack.

Again, I would like to ask my question for others, to explore more ideas: How do we go about saving our Folk?

erik the red...killer
Saturday, December 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Were doomed if we give up or let the bad cloud our minds from doing good. I treat BUB as a pit stop for info. (not to say anyone spends there life here). As long as our faith and folk are part of our goals in your daily life I think that's progression. How many people said "were :runaway doomed" five, ten years ago?...who cares. I don't wanna sound to mushy but seeing people being proactive makes me want to compete (freindly) for the same goals. Anyways remember quality over Christians:doh I mean quantity.

Weg
Saturday, December 17th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Can we save a folk which obviously doesn't want to be saved, which seems to follow the exactly opposite way of survival requirements?

klokkwerx
Saturday, December 17th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Can we save a folk which obviously doesn't want to be saved, which seems to follow the exactly opposite way of survival requirements?
I say, ''yes'', if we can get our Folk to tune out of the current propaganda the main-stream crap, we need them to pay attention to the reality of their dying kind, and maybe they'll awake to their true nature, and that's left up to us Folkish Heathens. Not only we need to concentrate just on Folk, but also the issue of how to increase our ranks. We are not going to be able to save all our kind, the rest are a lost cause (for an example, IMO: http://www.asatrunation.cjb.net/)

Ælfhere
Sunday, December 18th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I walked around with that thought for about two years and I finally realized to save ourselves and our future we must look @ and draw our strength from our past.

That is crucial. I've actually met people who (besides knowing their white) don't even know what their own ethnic background is, and don't care! This is unthinkable to me. I talked with a 27 year-old woman from New Ulm, Minnesota a while ago. In her town there is a famous statue of Herman of the Cherusci who defeated the Romans in battle. She said she had always thought the battle took place there, in Minnesota!! I don't know how it is in other white countries, but I'm sickened by the lack of historical knowledge amongst Americans.
I'm convinced that if folk were more knowledgeable about our own past they wouldn't be so seemingly unconcerned about our future.

klokkwerx
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 04:07 PM
That is crucial. I've actually met people who (besides knowing their white) don't even know what their own ethnic background is, and don't care! This is unthinkable to me. I talked with a 27 year-old woman from New Ulm, Minnesota a while ago. In her town there is a famous statue of Herman of the Cherusci who defeated the Romans in battle. She said she had always thought the battle took place there, in Minnesota!! I don't know how it is in other white countries, but I'm sickened by the lack of historical knowledge amongst Americans.
I'm convinced that if folk were more knowledgeable about our own past they wouldn't be so seemingly unconcerned about our future.
This is true! Americans are so wrapped in consumerism and their own personal affairs that they dont care about anything else. I ran into allot of White people and asked them what their ancestral make up is and they would reply like saying, ¨Canadian, Irish, a little Indian, and White¨! 'My goodness' I would think and wonder whats wrong with these people!
It's going to take allot of work to get our people to awake and be aware of the truth and reality, and it all starts with us! Folk like us are the only hope for others of our kind. The question now is, 'how are we going to do that to where it makes a difference'?

Ælfhere
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM
It's going to take allot of work to get our people to awake and be aware of the truth and reality, and it all starts with us! Folk like us are the only hope for others of our kind. The question now is, 'how are we going to do that to where it makes a difference'?

You're right in that we are the ones to wake them up. But unfortunately we're probably not going to wake up until its too late. My fear is that our people won't get a folkish awareness until we're a threatened minority in Vinland.:(

Ewergrin
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 10:33 PM
¨Canadian, Irish, a little Indian, and White¨!
I laugh every time I hear this. Misguided guilt for being white has taught a lot of Americans that their coloniel ancestors must have certainly bred with "Native Americans" and that they must indeed have "a little Indian" blood. The people you hear shouting these proclamations are usually guilty, bed-wetting liberals who wear their "Indian blood" like a badge of honour, as though it somehow eases their minds to know that they are victims, too!

:doh :rolleyes:

freya3
Tuesday, December 20th, 2005, 01:02 AM
You're right in that we are the ones to wake them up. But unfortunately we're probably not going to wake up until its too late. My fear is that our people won't get a folkish awareness until we're a threatened minority in Vinland.:(

I unfortunately have to agree with you, man. It is a pity, but those of us who are aware must grow together and maybe we can stop that before it happens. I am an optimist, can't help it :rolleyes: