PDA

View Full Version : Residency and Visitation Rights for Foreigners

Deary
Saturday, May 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Should foreigners be allowed residency in our countries or should they only be permitted visitation rights? If allowed residency, under what conditions, and should this be made temporary or not? Do you think it is ok in the case of school and work? Which foreigners are and are not acceptable for residency and/or visitation? How long should foreigners be allowed to visit? Do you think this has worked well in the past or is it too risky for them to come in at all? Share your thoughts.

Ĉmeric
Saturday, May 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM
It depends on racial & ethnic origins of the individuals. And on the numbers of the various ethnic groups & the population of the host nation. For example, the US could absorbed all 7 million+ ethnic Swedes from Sweden without too much trouble. But 7 million Poles or Ukranians would be a lot more difficult & shouldn't be attempted. Sweden on the otherhand would have problems obsorbing 1 million Dutch or English but not as much trouble has they have had with their Muslim & Balkan immigrants.

As far as non-Europids or persons of non-Northwest European heritage I would be against permanent residency. Actually I think it would be a good idea to have foreign visitors bonded to insure that they leave when their visas expire. If they are at high risk of overstaying their welcome, they will be unable to obtain bonding & would be unable to obtain visas. Requiring a bond of $25,000 to $50,000 for a visa would help to curb a major scource of illegal immigration.

Elysium
Saturday, May 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM
No residency.

I think visitation would be good. However, if I were in control of such policies, I would make sure only the best (smartest, most polite, best intentioned) foreigners visit. I would also like to see it set up so foreigners can only visit in batches and at certain times of the year, so there aren't - in major cities - foreigners being constantly visible.

There are always exceptions, of course!

Phlegethon
Saturday, May 17th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Come to think of it I would even deny most nationals residency here. And visitation rights as well.

DanseMacabre
Sunday, May 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Germanics should be the only people eligible for residency in America. And perhaps some celtic descended people. And those Germanics who are granted residency should be of high quality and have some skill to offer America.

Non-Germanic Europeans should be allowed to visit for a limited time but not granted residency.

Non-Europeans should not be granted visitation nor residency.