PDA

View Full Version : How to Lose a Guerrila War

Veritas ∆quitas
Sunday, February 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Some quotes from the book:

Another counter-productive policy which the Germans used in fighting partisans in Europe and the USSR was the tactic of Kollektive Gewaltmassnahmen (collective punishment) and of summary executions of innocent civilians in retribution for the actions of the guerrillas. If ever there was a recruiting poster for guerrillas, this insane policy fit the bill perfectly. In fact, it was so successful that Soviet partisan forces would often times capture and mutilate some German soldiers, then position them in a grotesque manner in order to derive just exactly the kind of angry and bestial reaction that would bring about a German execution of the local populace. A few days later the local guerrilla unit would swell with recruits – often times these men were not true communist believers but simply peasants too afraid to stay in their villages anymore for fear of being killed in a reprisal shooting.

The war against the partisans therefore, was lost before it was ever started. The idea of Kollektive Gewaltmassnahmen (collective punishment) failed miserably since it gave the peasants no choice but to flee to the woods. Threatened by death if he were to collaborate with the Germans, threatened by death if he were to assist the partisans, threatened by death if he aided any Jews, threatened by death through reprisal if a partisan attack occurred near him, threatened by death if conscripted into the local police, threatened by conscription for slave labor in Germany, and threatened with starvation because his crops were confiscated, the average Byelorussian krestyanin (peasant) had very few options which would help him to live out the war unscathed. His ultimate and best choice turned out to be to join the guerrillas in the woods, where he had a better chance to survive the war.

PDF file here: Clicky (http://revolution.lharrison.net/system/files/How+To+Lose+A+Guerrilla+War+German+Anti-Partisan+Warfare+-+Antonio+Munoz.pdf)

Mazorquero
Monday, May 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
"Guerrilla warfare" by Che Guevara (http://therevolutionscript.googlepages.com/CheGuevara-GuerrillaWarfare.pdf)
That book tells you how to win a guerrilla warfare in three simple chapters:p. I own also an official military instruction handbook used here in Argentina to teach gendarmes the art of guerrilla warfare, a very useful information considering that in the year it was printed (the 60's) there were many guerrilla groups and an intense counter-insurgence militar campaign. That book evn tells you how to make bombs or to calculete the amount of tnt to blow up a bridge... I love it, maybe I'll scan it one day to share it (who knows, we might need it:D).

Veritas ∆quitas
Wednesday, May 14th, 2008, 02:48 AM
"Guerrilla warfare" by Che Guevara (http://therevolutionscript.googlepages.com/CheGuevara-GuerrillaWarfare.pdf)
That book tells you how to win a guerrilla warfare in three simple chapters:p. I own also an official military instruction handbook used here in Argentina to teach gendarmes the art of guerrilla warfare, a very useful information considering that in the year it was printed (the 60's) there were many guerrilla groups and an intense counter-insurgence militar campaign. That book evn tells you how to make bombs or to calculete the amount of tnt to blow up a bridge... I love it, maybe I'll scan it one day to share it (who knows, we might need it:D).

It's not very difficult to get your hands on a military or Government issue manual, they're very easy to find online but it's always nice to be able to take such a thing with you as part of your "Bug-out" plan to the wilderness hehe, a handy reference lol just in case city life all of a sudden becomes just a little too undesirable.. :p