PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate: Do you prefer salted or sweet popcorn?

Foley
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
Personally I prefer salted. Sweet popcorn gets too sickly. What's more, salted popcorn actively contrasts with the sweetness of Coke in the cinema, making both treats much more enjoyable.

The Lawspeaker
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 03:37 AM
:D I rarely eat popcorn.. so I'll tell you after I had some.

Mrs. Lyfing
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
salted w/ some light butter :D

BeornWulfWer
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Salted. With lashings of cooled cola to wash it down.
And when the movie does begin,a nice bag of sweeties to munch on.

Alice
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Salted popcorn! Sweet popcorn is an abomination, unless it's caramel corn. ;) I don't like that lightly sweetened popcorn variety that masquerades as salted popcorn until the second bite is taken.

Cythraul
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
I wasn't gonna post... but I feel I must stand up for sweet popcorn! Salted popcorn is nearly always heavily salted to the point where by the end of the bag/box, your mouth feels like cotton, whereas sweet is usually less over-the-top - giving you a hint of sweetness.

Thusnelda
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Only sweet popcorn! I once tried salted ones, they tasted disgusting from my point of view! :D Never again salted ones! Neeever! *g*

-jmw-
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not a big fan of spending more on a movie then the ticket, so I usually do not eat or drink there. :)
On the rare occasions I have popcorn, it will be the sweet one.
I'm not sure if one could even get salted popcorn at the lokal cinema.
At least, I never tried.

Blood_Axis
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure I've ever tried the sweet variety. Not sure I knew that such a thing existed in the first place :p

Anyway I'm not a big fan of pop corn, but when it comes to choosing, it's salted for me, thanks. With extra butter. :D

Freydis
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I don't really like popcorn but I prefer salted food.. so...