PDA

View Full Version : Super IQ Test

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 08:16 PM
http://web.tickle.com/tests/superiq/

My Results:

Gerard, your Super IQ score is 133

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you an Imaginative Mastermind. This means you are an extremely talented person, with a wide range of skills. There is little to nothing you can't do if you want to. You're very creative and you can express your ideas effectively through a variety of different means whether it's written or spoken words, numbers, or anything else. You also have a practical knowledge of how things work in the world — you've been paying attention and you pick things up easily.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Imaginative Mastermind? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Imaginative Mastermind. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:16 PM
Frans Jozef, your Super IQ score is 103

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you an Original Thinker. This means you're a naturally abstract thinker. You pick up visual detail that others routinely miss. You're also very good at making connections that don't already exist, and you have your own ideas of how the world works. While your talents matter greatly in real life, they are sometimes overlooked in less thorough intelligence tests. How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Original Thinker? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Original Thinker. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:29 PM
Frans Jozef, your Super IQ score is 103

At least you're honest.

There some American Negro over at The Phora claiming he scored 172. :rotfl

http://www.thephora.org/showthread.php?postid=71231#post71231

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:38 PM
Well, honesty is a function of honour and consciousness, manly goods as Weininger teaches us, which the criminal mind lacks.
Some Jews and some women are in this absence of high-minded individuality alike, hence why the latter often sympathize and falls in love with the most low-graded and sickest kind of *human* beings, like psychopaths(incl. the so-called subcriminal yuppie streber). :)

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Well, honesty is a function of honour and consciousness, manly goods as Weininger teaches us, which the criminal mind lacks.
Some Jews and some women are in this absence of high-minded individuality alike, hence why the latter often sympathize and falls in love with the most low-graded and sickest kind of *human* beings, like psychopaths(incl. the so-called subcriminal yuppie streber). :)

Personally, I think your IQ is much higher than what you scored. I say this just from what you write.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Personally, I think your IQ is much higher than what you scored. I say this just from what you write.

Maths are my Achilles' heel, and I tend to be hasty at replying, I feel always that I have to scurry off to unburden myself from a gripping angst to be overtaken by Time; alas, I yield to his alledged pressure in letting myself be commanded by my fear not to be able reach the finish.

Milesian
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:47 PM
Congratulations, Thomas!
Your IQ score is 135

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Maths are my Achilles' heel, and I tend to be hasty at replying, I feel always that I have to scurry off to unburden myself from a gripping angst to be overtaken by Time; alas, I yield to his alledged pressure in letting myself be commanded by my fear not to be able reach the finish.

I was going to ask you if you rushed through it. That's why you scored so low.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:52 PM
Congratulations, Thomas!
Your IQ score is 135

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Classic IQ Test is a different test.

Milesian
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 09:55 PM
Classic IQ Test is a different test.

I know, but I was too sthtoopid to scroll down and see the relevant test :rofl

sciath
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:00 PM
I know, but I was too sthtoopid to scroll down and see the relevant test :rofl
You're punished because of your new avatar, a chara :D
TAL

Siegfried
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:03 PM
Siegfried, your Super IQ score is 131

The way you think about things makes you a Creative Theorist. This means you are a highly intelligent, complex person. You are able to process information of nearly every kind with ease, using both creativity and analysis to make sense of the world. Compared to others you also have a very rich imagination.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Creative Theorist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Creative Theorist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:05 PM
Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

Says that for everyone.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:15 PM
I was going to ask you if you rushed through it. That's why you scored so low.

Rushed and anxious....like Alice in Wonderland's White Rabbit ;)

Siegfried
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:31 PM
Says that for everyone.

Yeah, I noticed. :)

Tryggvi
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:41 PM
At least you're honest.

There some American Negro over at The Phora claiming he scored 172.Not true, the perfect score for this test seems to be around 135. I wasn't entirely sure at one answer (due to my poor English language skills), and even if one considers that I might have slipped at another one (errare humanum est), the perfect score can't be higher than 140.

(Be it then that time is considered: I have been phoning, chatting, and eating inbetween; but I don't think it is, at least the test didn't mention it.)

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9734&stc=1

It's not a good test, by the way, even if one considers its range.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:55 PM
(Be it then that time is considered: I have been phoning, chatting, and eating inbetween; but I don't think it is, at least the test didn't mention it.)

It's not a good test, by the way, even if one considers its range.

As far as I know, time is not a consideration. It's an average test, imo. You scored at about what I would expect.

bocian
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:01 PM
bocian, your Super IQ score is 120

The way you think about things makes you a Concrete Thinker. This means your intelligence is grounded in a clear understanding of what is happening around you. In situations where others are confused, things are crystal clear to you. In addition, you have the unusual combination of strong verbal and numerical skills. You are able to solve equations and then use your verbal skills to explain those solutions to others.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Concrete Thinker? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Concrete Thinker. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

I don't think I.Q. scores are worth much, there are many factors not taken into consideration.

I have taken a few 'I.Q.' tests in my life and I have always scored between 135 and 155, I don't take them seriously.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:05 PM
I have taken a few 'I.Q.' tests in my life and I have always scored between 135 and 155, I don't take them seriously.

I've always scored between 128 and 140.

bocian
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:06 PM
I've always scored between 128 and 140.

You scored higher on this one.

I think they are all meaningless...but pretty fun to do, like a crossword.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:10 PM
You scored higher on this one.

No I didn't. I scored 133.

They measure how well you do at IQ tests. ;)

bocian
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:23 PM

I guess that's why it's called the 'super IQ test', I scored 120 and you scored 133, you were right in your average, so for you the test is highly accurate. :)

There were a few questions which I did not fully understand maybe, such as the alphabetisize questions. I think I misunderstood them, because I can't imagine that I had answered the other questions wrong.
But who knows, maybe I'm just tired, I did just get back from work.

Vlad Cletus
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:31 PM

Ukronian
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 03:15 PM
Aleks, your Super IQ score is 100

The way you think about things makes you an Information Organizer. This means you have an eye for detail. You can scan a page and find the one mistake on it. You're also able to organize things in a way that makes sense and arrange information so that it is easier to understand. This makes you a very valuable resource for others who aren't organized or who have trouble catching their own mistakes. It's often difficult for traditional intelligence tests to pick up your particular set of abilities because the talent of organizing information and spotting inconsistencies is much harder to measure than other abilities.

Grimr
Friday, April 2nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
I have oodles of intelect! At a big score of 94!

Deling
Saturday, April 3rd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Thomas, your Super IQ score is 97

The way you think about things makes you an Intuitive Interpreter. This means you are a highly conceptual thinker. Rather than focusing on facts and figures, you look at the big picture. You are less inclined to need to walk through something step by step to understand the logic behind it. This also lets you make connections between something you learned three weeks ago and something you are learning today. While other people need those types of connections pointed out for them, you just naturally make them.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Intuitive Interpreter? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Intuitive Interpreter. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

rusalka
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 06:12 PM
rusalka, your Super IQ score is 120

The way you think about things makes you a Concrete Thinker. This means your intelligence is grounded in a clear understanding of what is happening around you. In situations where others are confused, things are crystal clear to you. In addition, you have the unusual combination of strong verbal and numerical skills (What a big lie. Numerical skills? Yeah right, that's why I failed elementary algebra twice over I guess :P ). You are able to solve equations and then use your verbal skills to explain those solutions to others.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Concrete Thinker? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Concrete Thinker. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

We scored the same with bocian by the way. Must be the Slavic way of thinking or something ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Sigrun, your Super IQ score is 125

The way you think about things makes you a Creative Theorist. This means you are a highly intelligent, complex person. You are able to process information of nearly every kind with ease, using both creativity and analysis to make sense of the world. Compared to others you also have a very rich imagination.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Creative Theorist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Creative Theorist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

Creative theorist? Doesn't that sound suspiciously like Bullshit Artist?

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Anyone notice that we are all "Only 6 out of 1,000" ? :D

Milesian
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Anyone notice that we are all "Only 6 out of 1,000" ? :D

And my family used to tell me I was 1 in a million. Tut, you can't trust anybody these days :P

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Who are the other five? :D

jugurtha
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 09:24 PM
http://web.tickle.com/tests/superiq/

My Results:

Gerard, your Super IQ score is 133

The way you think about things makes you an Imaginative Mastermind. This means you are an extremely talented person, with a wide range of skills. There is little to nothing you can't do if you want to. You're very creative and you can express your ideas effectively through a variety of different means whether it's written or spoken words, numbers, or anything else. You also have a practical knowledge of how things work in the world — you've been paying attention and you pick things up easily.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Imaginative Mastermind? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Imaginative Mastermind. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

I went on this test and I found that this test does not reflect the actual intelligence.

More over, a great part of tests are too easy to do when you came with a little of maths and english vocabulary.

This is just to detect morons.

That's all.

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 09:34 PM
I went on this test and I found that this test does not reflect the actual intelligence.

More over, a great part of tests are too easy to do when you came with a little of maths and english vocabulary.

This is just to detect morons.

That's all.Does all of that really mean that you scored low? :D

We all know that these internet IQ tests are lame. I doubt that most put any real effort into them. They are just for fun.

jugurtha
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Does all of that really mean that you scored low? :D

We all know that these internet IQ tests are lame. I doubt that most put any real effort into them. They are just for fun.

Just an example, to be honest : How do you reply to such a question ?

Which object will fall faster? An 8 x 11 piece of paper or a peanut? Both weigh the same amount.
The piece of paper
The peanut
It's impossible to know

The answer is not the same, if there is vacuum or if there is atmosphere :)

PeterMW
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Peter, your Super IQ score is 125

I'm another one of the near-mythical "6/1,000" !

bocian
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 11:38 PM
We scored the same with bocian by the way. Must be the Slavic way of thinking or something ;)

Concrete thinkers we are. :P

Agrippa
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 12:03 AM
your Super IQ score is 141

But I have to confess that I thought about the questions as long as I was quite convinced of being right.

So if this was about time I lost. Was it or not? Didnt read anything about time...

Of course in usual European tests on the net and in reality I got most of the time between 110-115. (never above 120)
I'm no really fast thinker if its about math and my concentration is usually lost quite fast if I have to work with immense numbers.

In my early childhood I did non-exact tests which said I'm quite intelligent, but later on I must have lost some of this potential.. :/

I'm another one of the near-mythical "6/1,000" !

I'm the 2nd. :D

Scoob
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 02:30 AM
But I have to confess that I thought about the questions as long as I was quite convinced of being right.

So if this was about time I lost. Was it or not? Didnt read anything about time...

Of course in usual European tests on the net and in reality I got most of the time between 110-115. (never above 120)
I'm no really fast thinker if its about math and my concentration is usually lost quite fast if I have to work with immense numbers.

In my early childhood I did non-exact tests which said I'm quite intelligent, but later on I must have lost some of this potential.. :/
I'm the 2nd. :D
I wonder if the European system for quantifying IQ is different from the American one? Your posts reflect a higher level of original thought and analytical consistency than I'd expect from someone IQ 110-115. 141 sounds more correct.

I think IQ 120 is the average "educated" office worker, bureaucrat, basically non-specialized white collar class person - they can understand "The System" well enough to carry out orders, but lack deep understanding and abstract or original thinking.

Once you get above IQ 130, you are more likely to deal with people who are exceptional, have original thoughts, might not be such social conformists, will have specialized talents or activities, etc.

140-150 above you're dealing with people who are geniuses or nearly so, very strange, often socially isolated because they have so few peers who are really on their level - likely to be real experts in some unique or specialized field.

Here are my results:
Scoob, your Super IQ score is 133

The way you think about things makes you a Visual Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have many diverse talents. You have especially strong linguistic talents and are very good at interpreting visual information. You've got your feet on the ground, but your mind is capable of very complex, abstract thought. Compared to others, you are easily able to see situations from many different angles. You also understand how things work in a very practical way.
This sounds about right, I guess, and the number is in the range I'd expect (130-145 or so). The only point in the last paragraph that I question is the last one. I am able to consider points from many different perspectives... so I am not a very consistent thinker. I also tend to form visual concepts of abstract ideas or patterns. I also tend to do well with language, written and spoken. One of my weak areas is in more linear thought, understanding things in a systematic framework. I tend to relate things to more vague concepts, but not really in a rigid way. So I can be rather changeable and many-faceted in my thinking, but lacking the precise, systematic mind of an engineer or mathematician.

Deling
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 11:47 AM
I would say that these IQ tests are very Western (abendslandisch) with its emphasis on structural thinking and models. To be precise, I believe they are very American. High IQ rates doesn't necessary mean that someone is artistic and aesthetic-minded, but could just as well be the opposite: a theory-freak, one who live behind a desk and just understand the world close to him with no real grip of that around him (or inside him), except for his abstract structural theories.

There are enough of people like that. High IQ could be a blessing, but could also be a curse. What really matters is the spiritual soul and uniqueness of an individual, his inner life, and to measure that in "bad ----> great"-scale would be nonsense. Knowing math and Western-style logic isn't enough to condemn someone to retardness or geniusness.

What I critise is the very Western worldish underlying criterias for IQ tests, with its emphasis on structural, theoretical and modell thinking/mindset, which isn't natural or logical to all people of the world, and different in America and Europe.

Scoob
Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I would say that these IQ tests are very Western (abendslandisch) with its emphasis on structural thinking and models. To be precise, I believe they are very American. High IQ rates doesn't necessary mean that someone is artistic and aesthetic-minded, but could just as well be the opposite: a theory-freak, one who live behind a desk and just understand the world close to him with no real grip of that around him (or inside him), except for his abstract structural theories.

There are enough of people like that. High IQ could be a blessing, but could also be a curse. What really matters is the spiritual soul and uniqueness of an individual, his inner life, and to measure that in "bad ----> great"-scale would be nonsense. Knowing math and Western-style logic isn't enough to condemn someone to retardness or geniusness.

What I critise is the very Western worldish underlying criterias for IQ tests, with its emphasis on structural, theoretical and modell thinking/mindset, which isn't natural or logical to all people of the world, and different in America and Europe.
What type of thinking do you favor instead?

cosmocreator
Friday, April 9th, 2004, 02:50 AM
I think there are different types of intelligence. High intelligence as measured by this tests is good for a nation, likewise, low IQ is bad for a nation. But by itself, I'm not sure it is sufficient. Ingenuity and creativity is also important. Asians have high raw IQ but I think they lack in ingenuity.

Siegfried
Friday, April 9th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I think there are different types of intelligence. High intelligence as measured by this tests is good for a nation, likewise, low IQ is bad for a nation. But by itself, I'm not sure it is sufficient. Ingenuity and creativity is also important. Asians have high raw IQ but I think they lack in ingenuity.

I agree. IIRC, Richard Lynn said in his book Eugenics that Whites have greater creativity because they have a greater capability to think outside the box than the Asians do. Unfortunately, this also makes Whites as a group a bit more receptive of mental disorders than Asians.

Johannes de León
Friday, April 9th, 2004, 11:41 AM
i think i'm geting smarter over the years... :P

i got 146... what is quite strange, in the last IQ test i've done i only got 132, and that seems to me a more realistic result, besides, the one were i got 132 was really much more complex...

Loach
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 01:11 AM
jeff, your Super IQ score is 133

Sword Brethren
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I took an IQ test in school. 145.

It was the Weschler III test... Something like that.

Triglav
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 02:58 PM
your Super IQ score is 133

The way you think about things makes you a Visual Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have many diverse talents. You have especially strong linguistic talents and are very good at interpreting visual information. You've got your feet on the ground, but your mind is capable of very complex, abstract thought. Compared to others, you are easily able to see situations from many different angles. You also understand how things work in a very practical way.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Visual Linguist? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Visual Linguist. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

AngryPotato
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I would agree with this test more than others I have taken in the past that showed me at 144 and another at 148. I've taken too many hits to the head to have a high IQ :P

Erik, your Super IQ score is 117

The way you think about things makes you a Concrete Thinker. This means your intelligence is grounded in a clear understanding of what is happening around you. In situations where others are confused, things are crystal clear to you. In addition, you have the unusual combination of strong verbal and numerical skills. You are able to solve equations and then use your verbal skills to explain those solutions to others.

nicholas
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I didn't do to well. I got 103 and it said I was an "intuitive Interpretor"

Nicholas

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Wow. Every one one of us is above average and 6 out of 1,000! ;)

jugurtha
Sunday, April 11th, 2004, 10:35 PM

Actually, a supreme intelligence should apply a minoring of 100 points for each one who tried to do such tests. They are meaningless.

The questions are too simple.

But, the problem is that every one is curious about how he many points he will get and rushes to do the test.

Question : how many points would Einstein get at this test ?

Loach
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Yes, simple mathematical puzzle solving skills don't tell the whole story of the brain. Unless you want to be a mathemetician or something, in many cases, once you have an IQ of about 140, its the structure of thought that really matters- creativity, rational, logical, analytical thought, etc.

IQ is a good general indicator of intelligence, but beyond that it is highly inaccurate at measuring success. Napoleon, for example, had an IQ of only about 140, but was one of the greatest strategical thinkers in the history of warfare. Men like Washington and Lincoln and other founding fathers were great thinkers, though their IQs are not estimated to be all that high. Likewise, due to the simplicity and easiness of questions on IQ tests, the smartest mathemeticians and such may not be the ones with the highest IQ scores, because at that level time makes all the difference.