PDA

View Full Version : Men are Just Happier People

WarMaiden
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 07:28 PM
What do you expect from such simple creatures!? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be president. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO T-shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station because this one's just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.

Same work, more pay.. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress - $5000; tux rental - $100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood, ALL the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.

Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck. You can play with toys all your life. Your belly usually hides your big hips. One wallet and one pair of shoes, one color, all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can "do" your nails with a pocketknife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives, on December 24, in 45 minutes..

No wonder men are happier! :D

Hellenic Eagle
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 06:56 AM
If i may add so, you forgot to mention that we get to play with our balls for all our lives! Now, this is what really makes us happy!!! :-O

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 08:44 AM
I must have the attitude of a male in alot of ways, because I am honesty not annoyed at the suggestion that males have it easier/more carefree etc. :)...I don't have many of the 'female' traits in my day to day behaviour. (The girly gossiping, shopping addictions, lastest fashions/hairstyle, this stupid need for chocolate, nagging, dumb Tv shows, happy to let males do everything with hard work,etc etc)

The only thing that shits me, is when I get a really painful period. (writhing in agony with my hot water bottle...)...the thoughts that men got the sweet deal in life hits home at bit....and the childbirth subject!...men have no idea! (I have never had a baby either, so I can't even comment ).....I sometimes wish I was born a male...... but nah...I like being a female! :D

WarMaiden
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 05:22 PM
Well i don't think it was meant as a "oh men have it easier" lol it was more of a hahahaha kind of post :-O

WarMaiden
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 05:22 PM
If i may add so, you forgot to mention that we get to play with our balls for all our lives! Now, this is what really makes us happy!!! :-O
Whatever makes you happy :-O

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 05:25 PM
Well i don't think it was meant as a "oh men have it easier" lol it was more of a hahahaha kind of post :-O

I know it was mean't as a :D :D :D post...but it got me thinking about males....& females... :)

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 10:57 PM
I must have the attitude of a male in alot of ways, because I am honesty not annoyed at the suggestion that males have it easier/more carefree etc. :)...I don't have many of the 'female' traits in my day to day behaviour. (The girly gossiping, shopping addictions, lastest fashions/hairstyle, this stupid need for chocolate, nagging, dumb Tv shows, happy to let males do everything with hard work,etc etc)

The only thing that shits me, is when I get a really painful period. (writhing in agony with my hot water bottle...)...the thoughts that men got the sweet deal in life hits home at bit....and the childbirth subject!...men have no idea! (I have never had a baby either, so I can't even comment ).....I sometimes wish I was born a male...... but nah...I like being a female! :D

Have u ever had a three-days attack by IBS?
It's like given child birth every hhour of the day and bursting out all your innards and crawling on the floor like a wounded animal in despair and agony....

Mistress Klaus
Friday, April 2nd, 2004, 09:17 AM
That's sounds nasty..I must admit...

WarMaiden
Saturday, April 3rd, 2004, 01:00 AM
Have u ever had a three-days attack by IBS?
I have no idea what IBS is, so fill me in :D

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, April 3rd, 2004, 01:08 AM
www.IBSPage.com - The IBS Page

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Web Sites:

http://www.panix.com/~ibs/#ed

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1190.htm

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
Irritable bowel syndrome, a condition marked by diarrhea, constipation and abdominal pain, is caused by excessive spasms of the large intestine. (It is also known as spastic colon, nervous bowel, irritable colon and mucous colitis.) Irritable bowel syndrome is not considered a disease as such because there are no organic abnormalities or physical changes. In many people, however, stress or feelings of anxiety, guilt or resentment seem to trigger the symptoms, It is probably the most common abdominal complaint brought to the attention of doctors, affecting one-third to one-half of all patients who seek relief from gastrointestinal problems. In addition, many people have irritable bowel syndrome without ever consulting their doctors about it.

The condition appears in late adolescence or early adulthood. For unknown reasons, women are affected about twice as often as men.

SYMPTOMS
The abdominal discomfort of an irritable bowel ranges from sharp, cramping-like pains to a continuous, dull ache. It is often relieved by a bowel movement. The lower left part of the abdomen may be tender to the touch. This abdominal pain usually appears after eating, although no particular food or type of food can be identified as the cause.

There is also usually diarrhea, sometimes alternating with constipation. The diarrhea typically occurs immediately after a meal or when getting up in the morning, and there is often mucus in the stool. In addition, there may be other, less definite symptoms, such as fatigue, anxiety and difficulty in concentrating.

These symptoms may last for a few days or weeks and then cease for months at a time. Also, they may recur with varying degrees of intensity, over a long period.

INTESTINAL MOTILITY
After nutrients have been digested and absorbed in the small intestine, the waste material is propelled into the large intestine (also called the colon or bowel) for eventual elimination as a bowel movement. Under normal circumstances, regular muscular contractions (intestinal motility) move this waste matter along the five-foot length of the colon and into the rectum. When the irritable bowel syndrome is present, however, the pattern of motility becomes disordered by excessive muscular contractions, which cause the pain, diarrhea and constipation.

It is not known what causes the overactivity of the intestinal muscle. Emotional stress is believed to be a factor in a great many cases. Some researchers think that the syndrome is an allergic response to particular foods. There also is some evidence that alcohol, caffeine and heavy smoking may worsen the problem.

DIAGNOSIS
Irritable bowel syndrome is diagnosed after a review of the symptoms and a process of elimination of other disorders. The major symptoms are characteristic of a number of other intestinal disorders, such as colitis, diverticulitis (the inflammation of pockets that form in weakened sections of the intestinal wall) and cancer of the colon.

The excessive intestinal spasms that produce the symptoms may be detected in the course of a barium enema, a test in which a chalky liquid mixture is infused into the colon and X-ray photographs are taken. (Since barium has greater density to X-ray than the tissues of the intestines, it can make them show up on X-ray films.) Alternately, or additionally, the doctor may perform a sigmoidoscopic examination in which a hollow tube with viewing instruments is inserted into the anus and passed upward into the colon. These examinations are usually performed to rule out other colon disorders that may produce similar symptoms.

TREATMENT
Irritable bowel syndrome, although troublesome and at times anxiety-producing, is not medically serious. Symptoms can interfere with daily living significantly despite lack of structural abnormality of the GI tract. In general, a normal diet is best. If bloating and belching are a problem, foods such as beans and cabbage and other sources of fermentable carbohydrates should be avoided. If the major symptom is diarrhea, it is wise to stay away from laxative foods, such as fruits and fruit juices. Unprocessed bran, taken with plenty of liquid, may help relieve constipation. Often, a high fiber diet or a fiber dietary supplement may be recommended.

In addition, people with irritable bowel syndrome should engage in regular physical exercise. This helps relieve the symptoms of anxiety and also promotes good bowel function. Efforts should be made to deal with any stresses that may be contributing to the problem.

For patients who do not respond to dietary and other life-style changes, including a reduction of stress, medications may be prescribed. These may include an anticholinergic agent to reduce the intestinal overactivity, a mild tranquilizer or a sedative.

SUMMING UP
The irritable bowel syndrome is a common intestinal disorder characterized by diarrhea, cramps and other symptoms. These symptoms are distressing, but irritable bowel syndrome is not a disease. While the causes of the irritable bowel syndrome are unknown, emotional factor seems to play a major role. Life-style changes and attention to diet may provide sufficient relief; if not, medications may be prescribed.

CONTROLLING IBS
The irritable bowel syndrome is a condition characterized by abdominal cramps, diarrhea and constipation. Psychological factor seem to play a major role. Less definite symptoms of IBS may include fatigue, anxiety and difficulty in concentrating. Fortunately, the disorder can be controlled by avoiding triggering foods, increasing dietary bulk, administering antispasmodic drugs, reducing stress and engaging in regular physical exercise.

WarMaiden
Saturday, April 3rd, 2004, 01:11 AM
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-O

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, April 5th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I thought it was funny, WarMaiden. :)

How is WAU going? I haven't seen your site in a long time. Provide a link?

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Going wonderful sis, www.w-a-u.net (http://www.w-a-u.net) how are you find lady?

Ewergrin
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Whatever makes you happy :-O

Makes me happy, indeed.
:joystick

Ewergrin
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Going wonderful sis, www.w-a-u.net (http://www.w-a-u.net) how are you find lady?

Hmm. I think we were on each others Friendster or Ringo list many moons ago.

AngryPotato
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 03:39 AM
www.IBSPage.com - [B]The IBS Page
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Web Sites....

I do think that men are happier.

I had read somewhere that digestive problems were common in Scandanavian/Viking communities. I guess they've found pits during excavation to suggest this as well as the commonly eaten foods of the time. Anyone ever read about this?

At about 20 years old I developed severe digestive problems. I won't repeat my symptoms, but they matched what you've given us fully. My doctor had two approaches for me: the endoscopy? where they put the camera up the backside and peak around in your guts. I declined this because I'm on a strict exit only lifestyle. The second approach was for me to attend counseling classes and possibly take drugs after my stress was identified/reduced. I also declined this because I believe that a man should be able to handle problems of the mind without any drugs/counseling. I suffered for about 2 years, but I'm nearly normal now. I still experience the loose stools, which have no correlation to what I eat, but I have no more pain. My stomach still makes weird noises (not passing gas) which can be embarassing. I wish it was so easy as a change in diet. I believe that it is a genetic problem that develops in the late teens/early 20s on my mothers side. Me/My mother/My 1/2 brother/My aunt/at least 2 cousins. Has to be more than a coincidence.

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Going wonderful sis, www.w-a-u.net (http://www.w-a-u.net/) how are you find lady?This is Zo, by the way. I won your raffle several times. :D

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:08 PM
This is Zo, by the way. I won your raffle several times. :D
Now do you think i didn't know it was you :-O lol

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Hmm. I think we were on each others Friendster or Ringo list many moons ago.
That is quite possible, there are way to many deviants on ringo so i left "not sure if you where one of them" ;)

Hails

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM
That is quite possible, there are way to many deviants on ringo so i left "not sure if you where one of them" ;)Ha-ha! I'm sure he was. :D

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Ha-ha! I'm sure he was. :D
Oh my what do you know about him being a deviant, time to share with the girlies :D

Tryggvi
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Wonderful site, I love the desktops. Keep up the good work.

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Wonderful site, I love the desktops. Keep up the good work.
Thank you kindly :)

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Thank you kindly :)(not-so-subtle-hint)I think Njrd should advertise for you on Skadi. :D

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Can I use the banner in your signature?
Absolutely, thanks once again...

Thanks Sis :D

Ewergrin
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 10:18 PM
That is quite possible, there are way to many deviants on ringo so i left "not sure if you where one of them" ;)

Hails

Yes I remember that you were on my Friendster list, at the very least. Did you have a picture of yourself standing in front of some green Irish meadow, with a flight jacket on? it was definitely you.

I haven't officially left Ringo (Tickle) but I never sign on there anymore. Idiot city.

Ewergrin
Tuesday, April 6th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Oh my what do you know about him being a deviant, time to share with the girlies :D

She is bluffing!

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Yes I remember that you were on my Friendster list, at the very least. Did you have a picture of yourself standing in front of some green Irish meadow, with a flight jacket on? it was definitely you.

I haven't officially left Ringo (Tickle) but I never sign on there anymore. Idiot city.
Yes that was me, down by Newgrange... And nope us girls don't bluff lol

;)

Ewergrin
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Yes that was me, down by Newgrange... And nope us girls don't bluff lol

;)

Well, nice to finally "talk" to you. I had so many people on my list, and I actually talked to almost none of them.

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 04:40 AM
For those who don't know, WarMaiden runs Women for Aryan Unity - a fantastic group of women who dedicate their time to helping us pretty white people. There is a lot of great stuff on the website so go see it.

http://www.w-a-u.net (http://www.w-a-u.net)

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 04:42 AM
For those who don't know, WarMaiden runs Women for Aryan Unity - a fantastic group of women who dedicate their time to helping us pretty white people. There is a lot of great stuff on the website so go see it.

http://www.w-a-u.net (http://www.w-a-u.net/)
We can only do it with the help of everybody, and you have been a good friend to us, so thank you!

In Sisterhood

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Well, nice to finally "talk" to you. I had so many people on my list, and I actually talked to almost none of them.
I talked to very few, most were way to creepy even for me... :-O

Nordhammer
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I do think that men are happier.

I don't. I think they just complain less.

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Thank you for all your effort and for giving me permission. ;)

http://www.skadi.net/
http://www.skadi.net/topsites/

You mean this one? :rotfl

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10030&stc=1

[Source (http://www.onepeoplesproject.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=135&Itemid=32)]
Ruining the beauty? How rude lol :-O

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 09:58 PM
this stupid need for chocolate
OMG i think somebody put a choc spell on me i can't stop eating it, ask anybody who knows me i am obsessed "HELP" :~( ;( (:o

Ewergrin
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 10:21 PM
You mean this one? :rotfl

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10030&stc=1

That's the one! Without all the garbage aside it, of course. :)