PDA

View Full Version : The Alpine Face

Euclides
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 06:35 PM
The Alpine race is short-headed and broad-faced.

The fleshy parts carry on the impression of broadness and roundness, for the Alpine face, broad in itself, has often layers of fat, and in general, it would seem, a thicker outer covering. Deposits of fat are found on the upper part and the bridge of the nose, on the cheek-bones, and in and over the upper lid of the eye. The eyes give an effect of smallness (contrary to the effect of the eyes of the narrow-faced European races), since the opening between the lids is narrower and shorter; this opening sometimes takes a slightly upward direction outwards. The groove (philtrum) between the septum of the nose and the upper lip is often rather faintly marked. In old age, when the tissues become flabby and the deposits of fat disappear, the Alpines, especially the women, may grow very ugly.

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 08:11 PM
In old age, when the tissues become flabby and the deposits of fat disappear, the Alpines, especially the women, may grow very ugly.:pepper U-G-L-Y, you ain't got not alibi, you ugly, yeah yeah you ugly :pepper

...sorry, couldn't resist :P

Fred
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:11 PM
Gunther found everything non-nordic ugly. It's stupid, you can find very ugly "nordics" and very good looking "alpines"

Newgrange
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 10:54 PM
for my comments
click on attachment

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 11:53 PM
Gunther found everything non-nordic ugly. It's stupid, you can find very ugly "nordics" and very good looking "alpines"
I agree; Gunther was full of it!

According to his "temprament" descriptions, I would be a Med / East Baltic. The Alpine temperament doesn't match mine at all (probably because it was intended to be the "inferior" temperament! ;) )

Scoob
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 05:54 AM
Beauty is rather subjective, although socities (and humans as a group) do tend to form a consensus on what's beautiful, for some reason.

I've posted elsewhere about Alpines. I often wonder if their neotenous features correspond with neotenous ("docile" - i.e., friendly, agreeable, possibly submissive) personality features. Dogs are neotenous wolves, and have neotenous personality features as well.

I think Alpines have a type of "prestige" of their own. They might not look like a heroic leader, but they look like the stereotype of a loving person, a good friend, a caring wife, "nice", etc. They elicit oxytonin ("love chemical") responses from other humans - including me!

Nordics and Meds tend to look "manly/heroic" (I speak of male stereotypes, since women of all races exhibit more generalized features, and are therefore less "typical"). I think Nord or Med mixed with some boxy UP features tend to look the most heroic or leader-like of all.

Pure UPs tend to look powerrful but a little too primitive and stupid (forgive me) to be good leaders - I notice even their body motion is quite different, they seem to be lumpering giants in a way. They lack the "grace" of the more gracile Nords and Meds, in my opinion.

And note, I'm talking about social impressions and stereotypes - which is different from inner reality. Just because Alpinids appear docile doesn't mean they really *are*! (Although I suspect there is some truth to that).

Eenspaier
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 06:20 AM
the most beautiful is and will always be Classical Greek...

Timo
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 06:25 AM
This thread is insulting to beautiful Alpines, such as myself.

Newgrange
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 06:49 AM
nobody thought my .wav sound file was funny
damn :~(

Esther_Helena
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 06:52 AM
nobody thought my .wav sound file was funny
damn :~(
Don't feel bad, not everyone listened to it. I don't have speakers.

cosmocreator
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 07:10 AM
This thread is insulting to beautiful Alpines, such as myself.

Yes, it is. I thought that when I first read it this morning. I don't know why it hasn't been edited yet. Probably because I'm not a Mod, that's why.

Scoob
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 07:43 AM
Yes, it is. I thought that when I first read it this morning. I don't know why it hasn't been edited yet. Probably because I'm not a Mod, that's why.
I think that picture could be removed, since it's rather insulting. It looks like a 19th century British caricature of an Irish face. Not especially Alpine IMO.

Euclides
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM
I think that picture could be removed, since it's rather insulting. It looks like a 19th century British caricature of an Irish face. Not especially Alpine IMO.

Insulting people is not my inttention. I just posted a picture that I think is curious and related to race. In my opinion the picture needs no remotion, but the moderator will take the decisions. The post could be understood as a critic post about Günther opinions and Racism .It´s also curious when we can perceive how some human faces are similar to Animal faces.

Mature and calm people can accept Jokes and critical opinions more easily, but anyway I´m sorry about that.

PS : I agree with you... this picture is more related to Brunn-Irish face

Milesian
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 03:40 PM
So why did you post a derogatory caricature of an Irishman, Euclides?
Does it have any connection with a similar thread you made?

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=8023

Perhaps you are actually Ian Paisley in disguise? :P

Euclides
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 03:51 PM

Don´t worry about that....
In the Future Everybody in America will be Alpine.

Euclides
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 03:59 PM
So why did you post a derogatory caricature of an Irishman, Euclides?
Does it have any connection with a similar thread you made?

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=8023

Perhaps you are actually Ian Paisley in disguise? :P

I have posted another caricatures about Irish as you said, but also including Nordics ( Lion Face ) and Armenoids ( Armenoid face ).
Because Brunn-Irish have very ruggedly masculine facial features with exaggeratedly pronounced browridges and deep jaws they are easlisy ''caricaturable''.

Zimmer Mann
Friday, April 2nd, 2004, 10:15 AM
I think the above depiction has some redeemable value because it is a snapshot back to an era when blatant disregard and unabashed racism towards others wasn't just confined to other races of mankind or even the outer peripheries of one in particular. It was as close as just across the water or the backyard of your own people.
Here at Skadi we have respect for anyone of European heritage. We have special admiration to the Bruenn people who have contributed much to history. 19th century society sought to degenerate those who did not belong to your culture, even if they called the same Islands home you did. It was often that this ferocity of negetive observation was directed towards those who were in bed next to you. Do the Irish really drink any more than the English? Actually they probably don't. This image,though, was incorporated into the very core of the Irish persona. This is one way to deflate any ideal of a people who are coming over and taking your jobs. Children usually describe those they don't like as being ugly or suffering from some other physical malady. What better way to buffer yourself from these "Irish" migrants than to distort and exaggerate their appearances and even compare their repugnant, mirror shattering mugshots, to wild and/or dirty animals. Find the ugliest person and then exaggerate them even further.
I actually find these depictions very fascinating as they are seen through the eyes of people from a different era. You should not find them offensive as they are very old and not relevent to present times. You would be hard pressed to find many people now or in antiquity who would bare much resemblance to the above picture.