PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Chinese Zodiac Sign?

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:19 PM
If you don't know it, enter your birthday here:

http://chinese.astrology.com/

Demigorgona
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Dog! These are some things it said that I do see in myself...

Dogs are loyal, faithful and honest and always stick to their firm codes of ethics.

The Dog makes a wonderful, discreet and loyal friend (despite any white lies) and is an excellent listener.

Dogs can also be rather dogmatic, too. They don't go in for light social banter; instead, they go straight for home, expostulating on the topics that are most important to them.

At these times the Dog's narrow-minded or stubborn side can become apparent; this Sign has trouble staying light and calm when an important issue is at stake.

This Sign can also be very temperamental; mood swings characterize its emotional life and often the Dog needs to run off to be alone in order to recuperate.

This sensitive Sign needs to warm up to others over time and gradually learn to trust them. Without that trust as a foundation, Dogs can be judgmental and coarse.

The Dog's discerning nature does make it an excellent business person, one who can turn that picky, guarded nature into a keen sense of the truth of another's motives.

cosmocreator
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 12:01 AM
I'm a Dragon.

Esther_Helena
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 12:20 AM
:pig oink

http://chinese.astrology.com/pig.html

http://chinese.astrology.com/water.html

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Boar ("Pig").

His physical background - The Pig male is chiefly recognizable by his eternally boyish air - an air of freshness, innocence, and immaturity. Age does not seem to have much incidence on this specific aspect of his physique. His frailty and oversensitivity are only too apparent and characteristic.

It is extremely rare to find a brawny type in this sign. As a rule the average subject possesses slack muscles and a well-padded body; prone to overweight, he presents a bulging stomach as early as the beginning of his middle age - unless he takes appropriate preventive measures well in advance. In addition to this, his long chest, short limbs, and pale complexion all contribute to liken him to some lovable clown.

The charm of this individual's round and jovial face is almost irresistible. So is his shy, ever-ready grin. He has big, naive eyes, which are always wide open like those of a young child filled with wonder at something he is seeing. Those are also distinctively dreamy eyes which cast their glance beyond actual forms. His mouth is large and bordered with thick, greedy lips; his nose is short, usually retrousssé - the nose of a pig, indeed!

This man is basically not as sickly a person as he believes himself to be or would like to appear; his physical resilience far surpasses the limits he proclaims. There lies his principal health trouble - his hypochondria - which springs from his visceral fear of suffering and death. In all sincerity and subconsciousness he makes up for himself all sorts of illnesses which, under the impact of his unbridled imagination, may in the long run produce actual symptoms.

He takes a thinly veiled pleasure in describing all the much dreaded disorders he thinks he suffers from. Extremely emotional and impressionable, he does not need much to be convinced that he is a victim of some incurable malady. He should be forbidden to read medical books of any kind!

When actually ill he is apt to show regressive tendencies: He then feels justified in behaving like a spoiled child, overindulging in sleep, food, drink, and resorting to sentimental blackmail. He may have himself treated by three different physicians at the same time, telephoning them incessantly to inform them of every real or imaginary development. He may also adroitly seeks to maneuver people around him into sympathizing with and taking care of him.

The weakest point in his body, which needs the utmost attention, is his fragile stomach. He knows it, but often lacks the necessary will to do something sensible about it. Too fond of eating, he relentlessly imposes an intolerable workload on this organ. As a consequence stomach ulcers constitute his most frequent affection. On the other hand, he is liable to aerophagy and a host of digestive disorders, which may have a nervous origin or be provoked by parasites. His chronic insomnia is likely to stem from his deep-rooted fear of death.

Since his worst enemy is his hypochondria, the Pig male will find his vital interest in doing away with it by all means; psychiatric help may prove necessary, and he should not hesitate to solicit it. He must refrain from all excesses, notably in the fields of food and sex. He also needs to learn some degree of detachment and casualness, for his natural way to feel about things is so deep and visceral that it constantly subjects his entire nervous system to unbearable stresses and strains.

Diet plays an indisputably predominant role in this man's physiological equilibrium. Alimentary moderation should be an integral part of his way of life since he is too prone to turn to eating as a compensation for all his frustrations, disappointments, and fears. He must strive to curb his exaggerated love of sweet things and gaseous beverages, which are exceedingly harmful in his case. Dairy products in general and yogurt in particular are good for him; so are fish and shellfish, fresh fruits, and green vegetables.

All aquatic sports suit him quite well. These may include swimming, sailing, surfing, water-skiing, rowing, underwater fishing, or skin diving. But he had better refrain from making too strenuous muscular efforts because of his rather delicate constitution.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 07:38 AM
I'm a Dog.
:dog

Jack
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 01:45 PM
That one doesn't cover my birth year (1986) so I did this one, which does :P

http://www.chineseastrology.com/wu/asiansignpl.html

The Tiger is the restless, adventurous, and always courageous risk-taker of the Chinese zodiac. With a sense of "empowered entitlement," nobility and humanitarian causes appeal to the generous Tiger. These souls are tenderhearted, and affectionate with their friends and family, yet self-reliant and fiercely independent. This is the most unpredictable of the 12 signs, blessed with charm, nerve and grand ideas. Tigers flash brilliantly through life sometimes without caution for their own security. Fearless, enthusiastic, and optimistic, the passionate Tiger is an unconventional, yet most humanitarian soul. The noble Tiger needs a sexy, exciting partner who forever remains a challenge, and gather their legendary strength during the pre-dawn hours they rule, between 3:00am - 5:00am.

The nature of Fire is to spread, and to urge outcome, to resolve. Fire manifests and expresses in the natural rhythm of the heart, which pulsates the blood. The Fire element will multiply the individual signs energies. Those born into a year ruled by the Fire element, will display above average qualities of leadership, passion and dynamic aggression. Fire element people are doers, and attract others with their fervor and radiance. The Fire element arouses, changes, and converts. For those of the Fire element, their brand of flame may be a mystical spark. The Fire element imparts much energy and can cause each sign to be impatient in pursuit of goals. Fire is rapid, and can also consume the persons energies, to relax and respect your body's natural rhythms. Fire element persons, no matter what their calling, will always remain fiercely individualistic. Fire's physical organs are the Heart and Small intestine; it's flavor is Bitter. Fires color is Red and corresponds to the season of Summer and heat.

Siegfried
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 01:59 PM
That one doesn't cover my birth year (1986) so I did this one, which does

The website actually does cover 1986. :)
Anyway, I'm a tiger too, here's what cosmocreator's website said about Tigers:

Tigers may not be the king of the jungle, but these striped cats are no softies! Magnetic and self-possessed, Tigers are born leaders. They have an air of authority that prompts others to fall in line, which is exactly how they like it. Although they are magnetically charming and fun to be around, Tigers like to go it alone sometimes too. A Tiger's main interest is in following its ambitions -- and maintaining control.

Tigers are courageous beyond compare and generally come out ahead in battle, be it in the boardroom or the bedroom. Seduction is one area where the Tiger is definitely king! Noble and warm-hearted, Tigers have a natural, raw appeal that's extremely attractive to other Signs. They're not just about attraction, though; ever on the side of right, Tigers will fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is worthy. Opponents are wise to fear this feline.

A bit of caution is a good thing around Tigers, since they can pounce without warning. They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.

A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is "moderation in all things." Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will accomplish much.

The most compatible match for a Tiger is the Horse or the Dog.

Alice
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Someone asked me what my Chinese zodiac sign was, so I investigated...I am an ox!

Personality and characteristics

Oxen are honest and earnest. They are low key and never look for praise or to be the center of attention. This often hides their talent, but they’ll gain recognition through their hard work.

They believe that everyone should do what’s asked for them and stay within their bounds. Though they are kind, it’s difficult for them to understand persuasion using pathos. Rarely losing your temper, they think logically and make great leaders.

Women born in the Ox year are calm and gentle. They will never surrender to fate and rarely think of choosing an alternative. This no doubt leads to a life of struggles. But no matter what, they will walk down the road they choose until the end. Despite this stubbornness, they think and react quickly.

Most compatible with Ox: Rat, Snake, Rooster

Rat’s fixed Earthly Branch is water, while Ox is earth. They have complementing personalities and hold the same goals in life.

Snake and Rooster fit Ox nicely as well. Not only will Snakes give warmth and romance, they offer help and support in work too. Honest and loyal, they can also be attracted to the Rooster’s soft and loving heart.

https://chinesenewyear.net/zodiac/ox/

GermanicAfrican
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Horse here.... :D

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019, 03:43 PM
http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/dogs/t0413.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-dogs.php)

Uwe Jens Lornsen
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019, 11:48 PM
There appear regional differences with the East Asian zoo .

Of course , these 12 can be found at the night sky as stellar constellations .

Since the planet called 'Jew Peter' takes 11.88 years circling the sun ,
one can invent a yearly sign culture .

In my opinion they are as follows :

* Rabbit , Cat : Aires , Aries , for the hare's ear
* Taurus : either Dragon , or orange camouflaged Tiger for the red Aldebaran
* Snake : Gemini
* Horse : Cancer , Mongols , Coat of Arms of Lower Saxony

* Sheep , Goat : Leo
* Virgo : either Shepherd Dog chasing the Sheep , or Monkey sitting up in the Tree as Bootes
* Cock : Libra , for the Corona being the rooster's "Kamm"
* Scorpio : either the Boar's scimitar tooth , but really a Water Buffalo standing
in the waters of the broad Milky Way

* Sagittarius : jumping deer , but likely Monkey as Jesus Aquilia hanging from some top of the woods
* Pig : Capricornus as "Hängebauchschwein"
* Rat : Aquarius , for the long straight line of Alpha, Beta, Epsilon being the rat's tail
* Pisces : either invisible fictional Dragon , or camouflaged invisible Tiger

Therfore I state , that I had been born when Jupiter ,
had been in the year of Transition from Rooster to Water Buffalo

and the Sun had been in month of Rabbit ...

Uwe Jens Lornsen
Thursday, March 28th, 2019, 12:38 AM
Complete Hasenköttel as usual :

Pigs have a beautiful personality and are blessed with good fortune in life.

https://chinesenewyear.net/zodiac/pig/

Quite the opposite is true , so it is wishfoul thinking ...

Will see , what main headline would fit best ...

Rabbit :
Legend has it the Rabbit was proud—arrogant even—[of its speed].
Rabbits are earnest with everything they do; they just ask that others treat them the same way.

Hmmm ... hate speed , hate not being proud to be perfect ,
but am earnest mostly ...

Tiger :
Tigers are courageous and active people who love a good challenge and adventure in life.

Liked adventures , but not anymore , since future became predictable ...

Buffalo :
Oxen are the hard workers in the background, intelligent and reliable, but never demanding praise.

Not too intelligent , unreliable many times , not deman

Dragon :
Dragons are strong and independent figures, but they yearn for support and love.

Mentally strong , and want community , hate being lonely too much

The Order on that website is as

1.) Rat
2.) Ox
3.) Tiger
4.) Rabbit
5.) Dragon
6.) Snake
7.) Horse
8.) Goat
9.) Monkey
10.) Rooster
11.) Dog
12.) Pig

, which would almost match my astronomical observed ordering .

Sigurdsson
Thursday, March 28th, 2019, 02:08 AM
Rabbit, I think.