PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Drink?

Johannes de León
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 08:24 PM
my favorite drinks are: Port Wine (Vinho do Porto), Red Wine, and a fine Scotch :P (the port wine is at first, the others have no particular order)

Milesian
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Irish whisky, Scottish whisky (Glenfiddich is nice), Vino blanco (preferably dry)

Johannes de León
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 08:56 PM
sorry, my bad, i forgot... i really like Irish whisky too.... but Port Wine takes the lead!

i also like beer, but i don't drink too much cause if i drink it i can't stop piss! :| i just drink Guinness! :D

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Chardonnay, Irish Whiskey, Guinness, and Gin & Tonics. :alcohol

Newgrange
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Guinness in the cold months,
but a lager beer when it's warm outside.
I like Bailey's Irish Cream around the holidays.

Demigorgona
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Irish Whiskey (Jamesons is the best)

Guinness (served warm)

Fin du monde, Maudite or killians for cold beer out of a bottle...

Jagermeister

Tommy Vercetti
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Milk

Gesta Bellica
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:06 PM
German and Belgian beers, Campari, Sambuca, Salmiakki Koskenkorva, Vana Tallinn, Italian and French wines, Pampero, Irish coffee

Scoob
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:13 PM
My favorite adult beverages are:
Lumbrisco, White Zinfandel, Galliano, Sambuca, Vodka. I also get a strong taste for white Rhein wines occassionally, but don't have a favorite brand.
:prost

Phill
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:20 PM
MEAD!

.... Well, actually, orange juice. But mead is good too.

Franco
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM
cachaça uid ice, lemon and sugar ;)
vine is great also, preferably in cold

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Sex on the Beach. What? ;)

Johannes de León
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:59 PM
German and Belgian beers, Campari, Sambuca, Salmiakki Koskenkorva, Vana Tallinn, Italian and French wines, Pampero, Irish coffeehere i am defending Portugal again! :P the french an italian wines are very good, but purtuguese ones are too, you should give them, at least, a try! :D to be honest and without nationalisms portuguese wine is really good... especially the port wine!!! omG!!!

Sex on the Beach. What? ;)your favorite drink is quite nice! :naughty

Scoob
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:01 PM
here i am defending Portugal again! :P the french an italina wines are very good, but purtuguese ones are too, you should give them, at least, a try! :D to be honest and without nationalisms portuguese wine is really good... especially the port wine!!! omG!!!

I will admit: I have a sweet tooth, and find port wine to be very good.

Awar
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Since I drink alcohol very rarely, I haven't really developed a taste for evaluating what's good or bad, so I'll just state my favourite non-alcoholic ...ermm...stuff... Yoghurt the way it's made in Serbia. Nothing can beat that.

Mac Seafraidh
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Ich liebe Bier trinken. Wein ist gut auch. Jaegermeister schmechkt prima.

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:35 PM
your favorite drink is quite nice! :naughty
I know. The trick is to avoid sand getting into.. sorry wrong topic. Yeah the drink is nice too. :D

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:01 AM

OK.

Vlad Cletus
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I won't think my choices are as refined as yours since they aren't alcohol. Afterall, I am only 17 :).

Preferred Beverages:

1st: Italian Lemon Soda

2nd: Sparkling Apple Cider

3rd: Gingerale

There are some more exotic drinks that I can think of right, now. I would've added them on the list if I remembered their names.

Any exotic Drinks you like?

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Lime juice :grey

Esther_Helena
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Well seeing as how I'm 20, and the legal drinking age in America is 21. My alcoholic choices are limited. What I have tried: (I'm a southerner, what would you expect me to do, NOT try them?) :lol
1. Paradise Punch - don't remember what it tasted like, but I ordered, yes ordered two. It was on a school beach vacation. The waitress made a little goof...
2. Malibu Rum jello-shot - So that's what a jell-o shot is... It was over halloween. I wanted to know what the "big deal" about them was. STILL don't know... tasted good though.
3. Strawberry Daquiri - over New Year's at a friend's house. She kept talking about how great it was, so I had to try a little. Good stuff, fizzy as hell.
4. Hurricane - over New Years, my friend, highly drunk at the time, insisted I taste it. Took a sip... :sick Tasted like robutussin. ICK.
5. hmm, there is no 5. Out of those I'd have to say the rum... And no, I've never had a hangover... not YET at least. :lol

My favorite drink? Mtn. Dew or MelloYello and Nestea from the packets, that I make. Non-alc eggnog is good too. Too bad it's only available over the X-mas holidays. I developed a taste for it last year, and now it's gone. :~(

Gesta Bellica
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 08:10 AM
here i am defending Portugal again! :P the french an italian wines are very good, but purtuguese ones are too, you should give them, at least, a try! :D to be honest and without nationalisms portuguese wine is really good... especially the port wine!!! omG!!!

I am aware that your wines are really good.. same with Spanish, etc..but i am not an expert about them so i listed only what i know really well :)

But now that u made me think about it.. isn't Mateus a portuguese wine??
I like that one really much :)

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I won't think my choices are as refined as yours since they aren't alcohol. Afterall, I am only 17 :).You're 17 and you don't drink alcohol? :D

Any exotic Drinks you like?Horchata. I think that's how its spelled.

I forgot to add Irish coffee to my previous list. Coffee and Irish Whiskey? Pure heaven ;)

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:19 AM
BEER...BEER..BEER....with some Vodka & Wine thrown in. :D

Alexander Gilroy
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Yes, I agree! South Australian beer, in particular... and don't try arguing with me if you haven't tried it ;) As for "throwing in" vodka and wine, I have to disagree! Thats disgraceful!! Straight beer or no beer, I say!!

On the side, I just found out today that I have an extreme allergy to gluton, which I have no choice but to fight. That means giving up anything with wheat in it, including -goddamnit!- my beloved beer....

So tommorrow night I am going out to drown myself in beer for the last time. My life will never be quite the same again...

So here, a last toast... TO BEER AND HONOUR!!! (...oh hell, i bet i'll get shit for that, hehe)

Johannes de León
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
But now that u made me think about it.. isn't Mateus a portuguese wine??
I like that one really much :)
yes it is... :victory the most famous is Mateus Rosé...

Agrippa
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I like many drinks, but Met, good sweet wine and Cocktails (f.e. the simple Lemon Daiquiri) in special.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Vodka, then whiskey, then gin, and last beer.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:13 PM

Yeah I wouldn't mind having some of that right now! ;) :D

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind having some of that right now! ;) :D
Hahaha. It's pretty expensive in these parts, though. I had to pay $9 for just one shot the other day (even this shot thing sounds a bit.. oh, never mind!) ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Hahaha. It's pretty expensive in these parts, though. I had to pay $9 for just one shot the other day (even this shot thing sounds a bit.. oh, never mind!) ;)

Oh in that case, I'll just stick to a nice shot of Vodka. :D ;)
http://www.netleyabbeytartanarmy.net/balt_253.jpg

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Is that you?

Oh in that case, I'll just stick to a nice shot of Vodka. :D ;)
http://www.netleyabbeytartanarmy.net/balt_253.jpg

Johannes de León
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Johannes de León, ever had a 100 y/o vintage Port wine opened and tasted? There are no words to explain that, out of this world. But you usually know you will not get to taste many more in your life, if any. :(
Then tawny are nice, but ruby doesn't make a thing for me.

Anyway, I like wine above anything else. For white, if dry I like those made with grapes of verdejo (Ribera del Duero), and if with a bit of needle the ones of Rias Baixas, most of all the area of 'O Rosal' (grapes: mostly albariño, with treixadura and loureiro). For red, it depends on the accompanying food... Rioja, Ribera del Duero, Toro, and Priorat. I don't like rosé though.i've had one with 75 y/o.. that was the finest, the best, the supreme drink that ever entered in my mouth... i just can't explain it...

wines from Ribera del Duero (or Ribeira do Douro, in portuguese) are also very good! i also like a cast called Periquita... red wine with boar meat... that is so good... :P

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Is that you?

No, I would've drunk that in less than a second! :D

Allenson
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I enjoy my share of beer. ;) I prefer pale ales, wheat beers and an occasional stout.

As for liquor--rum goes down well as does vodka. Gin gets me really f*ucked up! :)

RedEgosyntonicSun
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Blood.
Virgin's. Fresh and warm. No spices.

Taras Bulba
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Blood.
Virgin's. Fresh and warm. No spices.

Thats a sure good way to get sick!

RedEgosyntonicSun
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Thats a sure good way to get sick!__________________
Yeah, thanks for the advice.
Actually I wasn't serious.
Anyway drinking fresh blood is not necessarily dangerous. Some nomadic peoples including the Huns used to practice drinking fresh blood from their horses without harming them during the long passages through the steppes.
And they were pretty healthy peoples I think.
Probably blood drinking could cause mainly mental problems. I mean Attila.

Taras Bulba
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Anyway drinking fresh blood is not necessarily dangerous. Some nomadic peoples including the Huns used to practice drinking fresh blood from their horses without harming them during the long passages through the steppes.
And they were pretty healthy peoples I think.
Probably blood drinking could cause mainly mental problems. I mean Attila.
I knew you weren't serious.

RedEgosyntonicSun
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I knew that you knew it. :D

Angelcynn Beorn
Tuesday, March 30th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Scrumpy Jack cider straight from the farm! :D :beer

As for my favourite spirit...im not sure, there are so many! But my worst is vodka, it makes me feel very drunk and sick every time i drink it in noticable ammounts. :throwup

White_Eagle
Tuesday, March 30th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I do enjoy a nice pint of lager! I enjoy Stella.
I am also very fond of Okocim beer (Polish).

Spirit has to be Czysta wodka.

Evolved
Tuesday, March 30th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Peppermint milk shake (http://www.davincigourmet.com/743.html?subcategory=92), Chocolate milk, apple juice. I'm alcohol-free since 2002. :)

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 30th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Peppermint milk shake (http://www.davincigourmet.com/743.html?subcategory=92), Chocolate milk, apple juice. I'm alcohol-free since 2002. :)

Good for you. I'm alcohol free since about 1985. :)

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, March 30th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Irish/Hasselt/French and Italian coffee.
Strong black coffee.
All kind of wines, except dry and too sweet. :)

Scoob
Wednesday, March 31st, 2004, 12:21 AM
Irish/Hasselt/French and Italian coffee.
Strong black coffee.
All kind of wines, except dry and too sweet. :)
Oh yes, I forgot coffee... the "Other" nectar of the gods. !!

I love all kinds of coffee, but especially expresso and capuccino.

Laedifox
Thursday, April 1st, 2004, 12:12 AM
Quebecois ice cider is heaven in the mouth. So is ice wine from Niagara.

Other than that, I like Bailey's or Kahlua in coffee, Absolut Mandarin, and dry wines.

When it comes to beer, I generally go for microbrews, especially Sleeman. Stella seems to go well with spicy food.

symmakhos
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Single malt scotch, Ardbeg 1975 if I could afford it.

Beer: pilsner/lager in the summer :beer, ale/stout in the winter :guinness .

On traditional Scandinavian holidays (Yule, Midsummer, Easter): beer and snaps (see separate thread).

Anne14
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Vodka Collins :P

dmann88
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 05:16 AM
Captain Coke ;)

VilhelMina
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Warsteiner with a shot of Underberg.

Merlot's are great to swill.

Water with ALOT of ice and lemon.

When I can get my mits on it, the Green Goddess, Absinthe. {Logan Fils}

stroker
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:02 AM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=9777

No just kidding.....scotch and coca cola really.:D

Anne14
Saturday, April 10th, 2004, 06:16 AM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=9777

No just kidding.....scotch and coca cola really.:D
Got milk? :cow

LupaFreo
Monday, April 12th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Irish bailey's cream,
vodka and orange
and traditional monks' ale. I like some lagers, Budweiser and Ice (I used to drink Stella, OMG!!!).

Nothing beats a good cup of tea though! :D

Vestmannr
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Alcoholic drinks:
1) Single Malt Scotch (Glenfiddich is my first choice), served neat. Rarely on the rocks or with water.
2) Ouzo or Arak (Cask No. 12 and Razzouka respectively), served neat. Tiger's Milk rarely.
3) Port, especially Ruby Port. My usuals (because I'm not rich) are Warre's Warrior Porto 1670, and Taylor Fladgate Special Ruby Porto.
4) Hard Cider - especially from Somerset/Devonshire
5) Mead, esp. Ale type Mead. (brewing my own)
6) Shiner Bock - the only American beer I'll drink
7) Any beer, ale, or lager brewed in Ireland or Britain. Newcastle Brown Ale and John Courage are my top two. Been searching everywhere for Cornish Revolution.
8) Darker German lagers and bocks, similar Czech ones.
9) Cabernets
10) Georgian and Armenian brandies.

Non-alcoholic
1) Chocolate milk shakes
2) Hot chocolate
3) Iced Tea - Lusianne, Southern style
4) Hot black tea with milk and sugar, English style.
5) Italian medium roast Espresso - Milan style.
6) real Ginger Beer
7) Grape juice
8) Green tea
9) Licorice tea
10) real Root Beer (not in the can)

ughhh... I drink too much, taking another trip to the loo

Sword Brethren
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Blood, after grinding a bag of bones into it...

Johannes de León
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 11:15 AM
3) Port, especially Ruby Port. My usuals (because I'm not rich) are Warre's Warrior Porto 1670, and Taylor Fladgate Special Ruby Porto.

well, i suggest you to prove Porto Ferreira, i don't know if it is sold outside Portugal, but anyway, you should try it!

Jack
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Absolut Vodka :D

WarMaiden
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I don't drink alcohol much the last time was oct 2001, when i do drink its usually Vodka - Tequila - and various other shots that get me drunk quickly!

Hails

Nordhammer
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I just finished off my last Mike's Hard Lime.

Allenson
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I just finished off my last Mike's Hard Lime.

Is the sun over the yard-arm down there yet? :P

Annikaspapa
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Beer: Just about any Pils will do
Wine: Egri Bikaver and just about any Niersteiner Woi
Hard Stuff: I'm a Bourbon man
For medicinal purposes only: Stonsdorfer (D) and Hubertus (H)
Juice: It's gotta' be Apple
Soft Drink: Coca-Cola
Coffee: Hot - Black - Strong
...and of prime importance – water, pure and simple
:D

kinvolk
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Now we're talking . whiskey .. Van Winkle 13 yr. old family reserve rye . A wonderfull rye whiskey. Scotch.. I like mc callens 60 yr. but at 450.00 a pop its a bit out of my range. So Bowmare for a single malt, Famouse Grouse for a blend. For martinis the only way to go is Boodles. For a mixing gin try Hendricks. Vodka,,,,,.... Love that Vodka! Belvedere, Van Gogh, finlandia and Monapaloa are my faves. Beer.. a nice black and tan with Fullers e.s.b. And the almighty guiness! Dont really care for rum or tequila. Just the smell of tequila remindes me of incarceration! In the morning; a nice Chopin vodka black-russian will do the trick! on a warm afternoon a collins made with hendricks gin , the juices of half a fresh lemon and half a lime, a splash of cointrouea, splash of rock-candy syrup and a splash of 7-up willbe about right. the evening is for Martinis!!! Fill a traditional martini glass with ice and water, let sit. Fill a metal shaker with crushed ice and 5 oz. Of boodles dry gin. Shake it till condensation forms thickly on the out-side of the shaker. Dump the ice water out of your glass and splash 1/2 oz. Of dry vermouth in the glass, twirl it around until the glass'es interiore is evenly coated, Then dump out the remainder. Strain your martini into the glass, garnish with a olive and a lemon peel. And that kids..... Is how its done!

kinvolk
Tuesday, April 13th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Good for you. I'm alcohol free since about 1985. :)
I make my simoleans by selling alcohol. Imbibe less,, enjoy it more. And only drink fine liquor! Life is too short to drink swill.

NormanBlood
Thursday, April 15th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Meeadd!!! *drools*,Québécois beer in general :P , Navagator of Holland, Canadian whisky (Premium Gold), a few mixed drinks and such

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Wednesday, April 28th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Kinvolk your post made me ridiculously thirsty.

Absolut vodka for this girl. Crown Royale whiskey. Captain Morgan's for demon rum :D

A-C-LA
Thursday, April 29th, 2004, 01:26 AM
water(in WIEN gibt's das beste Wasser der Welt)
Wieselburger
Whiskey (Irish)
Jägermeister
Most

Strengthandhonour
Thursday, April 29th, 2004, 01:34 AM
I prefer water over anything really. But I also enjoy wines, Ilike that blue nun wine from Germany, I don't know why. I also like the "Old school" sodas such as Root beer and cream soda.

Krampus
Thursday, April 29th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Beer: I like Bass Ale, Spaten, Warsteiner, Czech Urquell's or Slovakian Golden Pheasant. Guinness in moderation.

Vodka: Absolute, Finlandia and my favorite is Aalborg Taffel Akvavit(Danish caraway flavoured Vodka very good stuff.)

Cognac: Grand Marnier(another favorite good in black coffee or just over ice) and Courvoisier.

N/A drinks I like:
Red Bull, Arizona Green Tea with honey, Crush, Cream Soda, Green River and Coke on occassion. Coffee all the time.

kinvolk
Tuesday, May 4th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Kinvolk your post made me ridiculously thirsty.

Absolut vodka for this girl. Crown Royale whiskey. Captain Morgan's for demon rum :D
Booze has always fascinated me. My father used to reward us for doing well in our chores etc. with shots of whiskey. I made my first batch of wine at age 13, my first pot-still [for making brandy] at age15, and my first continuous still [for whiskey] at age 17. In my area I am known as one of the most knowlegable folks in the biz. Drinking good alcohol is wonderfull for the body and the mind. Dont drink swill, Life is too short!!!

Turificator
Tuesday, May 4th, 2004, 11:57 PM
I like green tea (esp. Japanese 'sancha'), good coffee and fresh juice (esp. orange, grapefruit and apple).

Don't like alcohol.

Can't stand sodas.

TisaAnne
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Always a good topic to get the masses up and running....:P

My drinking preferences have changed over time...I tend to stick to one thing until I can't possibly stand the sight/taste/smell of it anymore, then I'm on to something new. I can remember the first time I ever tried hard liqour...It was the cheapest tequila my friend and I could get our hands on (I believe it was about $9.00 for a fifth) It was called "Bandolero"...Oh god was it nasty stuff! We were young and didn't understand the wiles of alcohol....we managed to split the whole fifth between the two of us before puking our guts out, swearing to never drink again and passing out in a heap on the bathroom floor...Ahhh, the good ol' days, so glad that have passed into obscurity.
Now that I have wisened up a bit when it comes to drinking, I have managed to learn how to appreciate the unique qualities each type of alcohol has (except wine...I have yet to take a sip of wine without cringing. Maybe appreciation, or atleast tolerance of wine comes with age?). I can enjoy a beer or two(I am over the moon for Labatt Blue, it has a mild taste) or let loose with a few shots of Irish whiskey....But at the moment, I am in a brandy phase....I can knock that stuff back all night and manage to maintain a pretty mellow buzz (no shouting obsenities, stumbling around or punching my boyfriend:D ) which is an oddity because I have a rather low tolerance for alcohol.

Mac Seafraidh
Wednesday, May 5th, 2004, 10:58 PM
European Beer > Domestic(only domestic I like really is Sam Adams) Newcastle good English brew.:prost

RusViking
Thursday, May 6th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Fosters or a good Beaujolais or a good Chianti or Sangiovase.

kinvolk
Sunday, May 9th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Fosters or a good Beaujolais or a good Chianti or Sangiovase.
Ther is a very good sangiovese/merlot blend called Luna de Luna. Its in a purple bottle. Try it some time

A-C-LA
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 12:08 AM
i forgot Stolichnaya Vodka

Louky
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Iced tea, the house wine of the South.

For an alcoholic buzz I like bourbon (naturally as a Kentuckian) on the rocks. For meals and health I drink wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonay, and Gewurtztraminer -- actually I like most wine as long as it's not Merlot, yuck!)

American beer, unless it's a microbrewery product, hasn't been drinkable since Prohibition. I like Guinness (it's health food) and Beck's dark beer. Never understood the popularity of Heineken although I drank it in Greece because I didn't like Retsina or Ouzo.

Cocktails are coming back in vogue around here. Real weird ones like blue and green ones. You can even buy special table and chair sets for drinking cocktails. Can the end be far off? I went to a party and was served a green one that tasted like apples. Not bad, but it made me feel real purty!

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Beer is my favorite, of course. Beer should have its own sub-forum. You guys are going to think I am crazy, but my favorite beer is any Mexican beer. Please let me explain.

Commercial beer in the USA all tastes the same. It is mass produced and so it tastes. Imported European has this also. Heiniken is ok in this category. I don't like German beer as a rule, but Becks is ok. Canadian beer is much better than American beer. Thai beer is good as is beer in Singapore.

But beer in Mexico is in a time-warp. It is done the old fashioned way and they take their time. The beer has a creamy head on it, not soap-suds like American beer. It is smooth going down and each beer has a distictive taste. I haven't come across a bad beer in Mexico, and they have alot. I am not talking about beer at border towns which comes from a tap. These are all watered down, whore-house beer. I mean any beer, bottle, can or tap, in Mexico away from this particular enviornment.

salamander
Monday, May 10th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Fresh Water From My Well. ;) :d

bocian
Saturday, May 29th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I've been meaning to reply to this thread for a while now.

Thanks for reminding me Johannes de León.

By far my favorite beverage is Beer. Not just any beer however.

Here are some of my favorites:

Zywiec, Tyskie, Budveiser(Ceske Budovice), Tuborg, Becks, Lowenbrau, Staropramen, Kozel, Gosser, Grolsch. I'm sure there are many more, which (surprise,surprise) I probably can't recall now. :)

Some honorary Canadian ones:

Steamwhistle, Sleeman Honey Brown, Moosehead, Alexander Keith's India Pale ale.

Milesian
Saturday, May 29th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Tonic I will be drinking some of Devon's finest.....

"Its high strength (15% alcohol by volume) combined with its low price and sweetness mean that many find Buckfast to be the ideal means by which to become drunk as quickly and cheaply as possible" :thumbsup :D

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 07:10 AM
I know Milesian is going to be upset but something I do not like about Irish, British, and even English culture is the beer they drink. It all seems to look sort of redish brown and taste like beer, not as you drink it, but as it is being vomited back up again and you are tasting it the second time.

bocian
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 11:28 AM
I know Milesian is going to be upset but something I do not like about Irish, British, and even English culture is the beer they drink. It all seems to look sort of redish brown and taste like beer, not as you drink it, but as it is being vomited back up again and you are tasting it the second time.

I don't like traditional English Ales very much either. Guinness is a good beer though, especially once the ball gets rolling... ;)

Phlegethon
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 12:09 PM
My favorite drink is coffee. The blacker the better. When it has the cosistency of napalm it is just right for me.

bocian
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 12:12 PM
My favorite drink is coffee. The blacker the better. When it has the cosistency of napalm it is just right for me.

Coffee is poison. :)

Milesian
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 12:33 PM

Yeah you mean things like Beamish Red, Murphy's, 70 Shilling,etc, those actually are beers/ales as opposed to lager.
I don't really like them very much myself and would almost always choose a lager instead.

Guinness is technically classed as a stout.
It's in a class of it's own and I can confirm that it really does taste a lot better in Ireland :)

Phlegethon
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Coffee is poison. :)
It is, but it kills slowly.

Nordgau
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM

I also hail to coffee. but I'm a Milchschaum-Warmduscher. :lol

Johannes de León
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 02:53 PM
seriously, i'm not very fond of coffee...:) for me, wine is the nectar of the gods... ;)

Prince Eugen
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I like Guinness and McFarland and a Greek sweet wine Mavrodafni!But i'm not drink too much!As for coffee Irish and Capuccino!
An advice if you ever visit Hellas not drink too much ouzo!!!!

Johannes de León
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 09:09 PM
An advice if you ever visit Hellas not drink too much ouzo!!!!
LOL, that is totally right... i remember when i went there with my girlfriend, and she wanted to try that... she drinked two glasses and got totally drunk... ok, she cannot drink too much, she is somewhat weak concerning alcoholic beverages... let me add, i liked ouzo... :D

Phlegethon
Sunday, May 30th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Hmm, I can drink Ouzo like water. As aperitif, digestif and in between. ;)

Theudanaz
Monday, May 31st, 2004, 02:20 AM
Beer: Tuborg Grønt, Faxe, Carlsberg Pilsner Urquell, Grolsch, Leffe, La Trappe, Palm, de Kwak, etc.
Wine: Red Zin, Sekt, Champagne; Mjød (Mead) is the best of the 15-20% alc. range, best homebrewed, dry with fruit adjunct.
Coffee is of course best black, extra strong, not like the hot dirty water they try to sell you in USA.

Nonetheless, water is my favorite drink. Good, sweet unsodiated water. Divine beverage, given us that we should be the loving custodians thereof, to keep it unpolluted and unprivatized, that it may bless us and nourish us as long as we live on this earth. For is it not also the bulk of our very essence?

-Thiudans

kinvolk
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Hmm, I can drink Ouzo like water. As aperitif, digestif and in between. ;)
Is there anything he cannot do?

Phlegethon
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 06:57 PM
Not much.

Johannes de León
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Is there anything he cannot do?
Not much. How about drinking ethanol? :alcohol:ehm

Phlegethon
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 08:32 PM
How about drinking ethanol? :alcohol:ehm
Well, liquor is basically ethanol. Methanol would be a worse choice.

And with all the disasters of the modern world being blind to them would not necessarily be a bad thing. Losing 90% of your brain cells is probably the only way to bliss nowadays.

rusalka
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 08:51 PM
Losing 90% of your brain cells is probably the only way to bliss nowadays.
And some already enjoy it to no end. ;)

Phlegethon
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Hey, give DAVE_NYC a break, will ya? ;)

Johannes de León
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Hey, give DAVE_NYC a break, will ya? ;) No way...:) rusalka, leave it as it is... it is so funny... i feel like i need to roll on the floor laughing each time i read that! :rotfl

rusalka
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 09:27 PM
Hey, give DAVE_NYC a break, will ya? ;)
Umm.. let me think about that.

No? :P

kinvolk
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 10:12 PM
Well, liquor is basically ethanol. Methanol would be a worse choice.

And with all the disasters of the modern world being blind to them would not necessarily be a bad thing. Losing 90% of your brain cells is probably the only way to bliss nowadays.
So THATS what happened! No wonder you tend to think you are in an non-existing country most of the time. It's finally starting to make sense!

Phlegethon
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 10:17 PM
Hmm, and what is your excuse for posting incoherent, woefully misspelled gung-ho nonsense?

kinvolk
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
Hmm, and what is your excuse for posting incoherent, woefully misspelled gung-ho nonsense?
No doubt my tendencies towards excesses typified by my reliances on guns, drugs, Booze and jewish whores. All of which US ignorant, pathetic losers cannot get enough of. Also maybe fumes from my poorly tuned pick-up truck and lack of youthful dental attention exemplefied by my pistol-toten, non-educatin', trailer-livin, white trash types!!! Yee-Haa!!!

Phlegethon
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 10:46 PM
At least you begin to develop some sense of humor now. About time! ;)

kinvolk
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 12:43 AM
At least you begin to develop some sense of humor now. About time! ;)
O.K. Heres one; Q. What is the first thing they teach these days in the prussian army? A. They dont . There is no such place anymore!!! [Hows that for a chuckle?] And I think it would actually be ''At least you are beggining to develop a sense of humor now. It is about time''. There you go Mr. Smartypants!

Phlegethon
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
OK, apparently I was wrong. This one wasn't even funny the first time. In the term "running gag" the stress is on "gag" - not "running". Think about it!

rusalka
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 12:51 AM
And I think it would actually be ''At least you are beggining to develop a sense of humor now. It is about time''. There you go Mr. Smartypants!
No, I think it would actually be "beginning" instead of beggining. Better be a little more attentive when you try to make fun of someone's grammar and spelling, I would think. ;)

kinvolk
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 12:59 AM
No, I think it would actually be "beginning" instead of beggining. Better be a little more attentive when you try to make fun of someone's grammar and spelling, I would think. ;)
Jah. That always gives me problems. And ole plegethon IS my pal after all. We rib each other like this. Its all in good fun though!

Phlegethon
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 01:00 AM
And I think it would actually be ''At least you are beggining to develop a sense of humor now. It is about time''. There you go Mr. Smartypants!
I stick to what I wrote. Try to find out the nuances of the English language one day, will ya?

rusalka
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 01:00 AM
Its all in good fun though!
Well, it's good fun for every one of us. :)

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 01:18 AM
Well, it's good fun for every one of us. :)

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious!

Phlegethon
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 01:20 AM
Fortunately I won't get hurt, as I am good at sports. ;)

rusalka
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
Fortunately I won't get hurt, as I am good at sports. ;)
Yeah, read below. :rotfl

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious!

It's always funny until someone gets hurt... (http://www.skadi.us/~kriegsmaschine/FaithNoMore_ Ricochet.mp3) <-click it!

kinvolk
Monday, June 7th, 2004, 09:42 PM
How about drinking ethanol? :alcohol:ehm
I'd rather see him drink Draino!

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 08:51 PM
What is your beverage of choice? That is to say what beverage do you prefer to quench your thirst.

a.squiggles
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:02 PM
what about iced tea and coffee?

Evolved
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Ice cold, 100% juice, not from concentrate, no sugar added apple juice.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:12 PM
what about iced tea and coffee?

I knew I was missing something. Lipton ice tea happens to be one of my favorite drinks.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:49 PM
What is Your Beverage of Choice? That is what beverage do you prefer to quinch your thrist.

Evolved
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Apple juice, tea, iced tea and milk are all yummy. :)

Chocolate and strawberry milk is good, too.

Loki
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 10:06 PM
I voted for coffee, but I notice there is no option for wine.

:confused:

Loki
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Water is definitely my beverage of choice. I would choose it above all other beverages. It tastes the best by far, and is the only one that can really quench a thirst.

Perun
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 10:08 PM
I see water isnt on there, thats the beverage I drink practically all the time. Only once in a while do I drink anything else.

NSFreja
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 10:17 PM
I voted beer and coffee...and i would have voted for water...

/M

Johnson
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi usually.

SaveEurope
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Water!

TisaAnne
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 02:38 AM
What is your beverage of choice? That is to say what beverage do you prefer to quench your thirst.
Doesn't anyone prefer to ease their thirst with good, old-fashioned h2o anymore??? It's so good and pure and essential for your body! Call me boring, but I'm a water person. :D

Stríbog
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Rainwater and grain alcohol, to keep my essences pure.

QuietWind
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Water, Cranberry Juice, Kool-aid.:)

Kvasir_
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Orange Juice of course. Don´t drink alcohol. :angel :fhdclap:

Jack
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Water, Diet Pepsi, or Smirnoff vodka.

She-Wolf
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Tea, but that isn't on the list.

Milesian
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Spring Water to quench my thirst, not my favourite beverage though ;)

Prussian
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 10:43 AM
......naturally to quench the thirst I choose Water.

Waldgeist
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Water is my preferred beverage to quench my thirst and about the only non-alcoholic beverage I drink. Alcoholic favourites are Amaretto, Goldstrike and beer.

Freja
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I voted coffee :coffee: and tea although water is my beverage of choice for quenching my thirst. I missed wine, too. Red wine...

AryanKrieger
Wednesday, October 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Tea, but that isn't on the list.
I am a coffee kind of guy,4 sugars and I see that isnt on the list either.:(

a.squiggles
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 01:04 AM
I am a coffee kind of guy,4 sugars and I see that isnt on the list either.:(that explains your mood! :D

Ewergrin
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Why is water not on this list??

Phlegethon
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Kerosene.

Blood_Axis
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 06:11 PM
In the absence of water which is my favorite and "orange-sanguine-grape fruit" juice which is my second favorite, I voted for sprite which is my 3rd favorite :)

I quit alcohol years ago, now I drink have a beer every 3 months or so and get dizzy :D

Nordgau
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I voted coffee. Didn't see that one could give several votes; I also go with orange juice and milk. :icon12:

Jack
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 03:01 AM
There's a word that describes people who drink that stuff here in Australia. They're called aboriginies :P

cosmocreator
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Cranberry juice
Lime juice

Blood_Axis
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 09:24 AM
There's a word that describes people who drink that stuff here in Australia. They're called aboriginies :P

Sorry..? what stuff? are you talking about the water, the bottled juice or the sprite? :-O
Cause water, to my knowledge, is , ..ehrrr, a universal "drink",
and the other too products I mentioned are imported american products ;)

Prince Eugen
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Milk and a couple of beers(at weekends}

anti-climacus
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I voted for apple juice, I usually just drink water and look forward to my one glass of wine at night.

Verslingen
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Beer the water of warriors!

verslingen

:prost :prost :prost

a.squiggles
Thursday, November 11th, 2004, 03:49 AM
:zombie how can orange juice be winning? nooooooo!!!!! :headbang

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, November 11th, 2004, 07:00 AM
In California, a new beer appeared. It is called Steel Reserve. It is actually a malt liquor (this means strong beer). Steel Reserve has a logo of "211", which they say is the alchemical symbol of steel. It is also the code name of the Neuschwabenland base, so I had to try it. It was great. One 24 ouncer and I got a buzz. Two, and I never wanted to see the stuff again for three days.

Patriotoz
Thursday, November 11th, 2004, 03:24 PM
What the fuck! How can Orange juice and milk be better than beer? Well you americans dont have good beer that is probably the answer to my question!

Gorm the Old
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 04:55 AM
I can't BELIEVE that you did not include wine ! To Patriotoz, Right ! except for a few small micro-breweries,Americans do NOT make good beer or ale. However, the quotation in Phlegethon's posts notwithstanding, we DO make good wines. In direct competitions with French wines, American wines have won prizes. Obviously, from the foregoing, my beverage of choice is wine. I tend to prefer Italian wines and American wines to French wines which I feel have fallen on evil days. I have have had some Rothschild wines of late which are not worthy to bear that honored name.

:hveðrungur:
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Ice cold guinness, Ice cold jack daniels, Ice cold absolute vodka and in the mornings its milk or water.

I allso like milkshakes :D

Tricknologist
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Abita beer, Louisiana micro brew.

This poll should have included red wine and coffee. I can't start the morning without at least 20oz of coffee.

Saxon
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Water, Cranberry Juice, Kool-aid.:)Cranberry Juice wasn't on there but that's what I would've voted for, instead I put Orange Juice before milk to quench thirst. My recreational beverage of choice is darker beers, Cantebury or Heineken.

Saxon
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Ice cold guinness, Ice cold jack daniels, Ice cold absolute vodka and in the mornings its milk or water.

I allso like milkshakes :D
Guinness? Doesn't that taste like alcoholic molasses to you? :D I'm not Irish so it doesn't appeal to me :~(

:hveðrungur:
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Guinness? Doesn't that taste like alcoholic molasses to you? :D I'm not Irish so it doesn't appeal to me :~(
A 24 case of guinness, a roast beef sandwhich and a pack of smokes is the best way to wind down man ;)

AngryPotato
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Water --> Milk --> OJ in that order.

If I need to drink a mans drink I do mead --> Guinness --> Coors Light

Since we are talking about beverages. Is it true that Europeans drink their beer warm?!?!!?? I heard the rumor from a friend who visited Ireland and didn't believe it. All hope is lost should this be true.

Jack
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Sorry..? what stuff? are you talking about the water, the bottled juice or the sprite? :-O
Cause water, to my knowledge, is , ..ehrrr, a universal "drink",
and the other too products I mentioned are imported american products ;)
I was referring to Phlegethon's fascination with Kerosene ;)

SiegUmJedenPreis
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Nothing beats a nice glass of a double scotch and ice after a long day. The ultimate stress reliever!

Saxon
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 09:46 PM
A 24 case of guinness, a roast beef sandwhich and a pack of smokes is the best way to wind down man ;)
They come in cases of shots? :onfire I don't smoke, I try to be an athlete (so I probably should've voted beer, its best after a rugby game :D ).

blut-ehre
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 10:24 PM
How come you people don't like vodka !? =p Anywho, Water or Vodka for me

Valckx
Sunday, January 2nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
I voted for orange juice.I think I'm addicted to it.

Slå ring om Norge
Friday, April 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Ideally the Norwegian softdrink Solo (orange taste),
but mostly Coke...Pepsi only if nothing else is not available...:D

Not beer or alcohol at all for me at daytime please. I love milk, not the new "healthy" sorts, but fat milk. Then comes of course too much coffe.

But what it goes most of are water! We have very good and clean water in Norway, so I fill up with about 2 liters each day...

Sigurd Volsung
Friday, April 14th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Always a nice refreshing Stella on a hot summer's day.

http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/photos/stellaartois.jpg

If it is not summer, then I will stick to my Apple Juice :)

Gefjon
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Title says it all. I like orange juice and a bit of sprite now and then.

Which beverages are the healthiest to drink on a regular basis and which aren't?

Death and the Sun
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Basically, none at all. Now and then I'll have some mineral water or regular tapwater though.

Next World
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
For every 999 glasses of filtered water I drink, I probably drink one glass of something else. I have a bit of fruit juice watered down now and then. Rarely a glass of milk. Other than that, nothing.

CharlesDexterWard
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Coffee to get the motor running, tea to relax.

ladybright
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
1 Filtered tapwater,
2 a variety if black and green teas(hot, iced,flavored, chais,french lattes)
3 a variety of tisanes(my favorites are mints, cammomile, red bush, lavender, fruits, sasafras, nettle, raspberry/strawberry leaf etc ),
4 milk with no growth hormones,
5 tart cherry juice (http://think-aboutit.com/health/WhyCherryJuiceWorks.htm)(good for fibromyalgia pain),
6Gerolsteiner (http://www.aquamaestro.com/innerview.asp?catid=12) mineral water(tasty and good for morning sickness),
7 juices(orange, cranberry, grape, pomagranate, tomato, cucumber, apple cider and others usually diluted so they don't spike my bloodsugar)
8 occasional rootbeer, sprite, Dr Pepper and gingerale.

Small beer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_alcohol_beer) is a healthy traditional drink but I dont like it. Traditional gingerale/ginger beer (http://www.vurt.co.uk/2005/06/15/GingerBeer/) and rootbeer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_beer) are healthy but expensive. With the exception of sodas my drinks are pretty healthy.

When pregnant or breastfeeding you need to stay hydrated! Especilly if I am going to continue donating my excess milk.

Galloglaich
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Tea, tea, tea. Iced or hot. Other than that, water.

Freydis
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Tea, water, and juice, but mostly water.

Mrs. Lyfing
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Tea,Water,Coke some,I like it but Tea would be my favorite with ice of coarse ;)
Its sooo refreshing :D.
There are some people who don't drink water,I don't understand that.
I've been told I don't drink enough.:o

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Mostly water, though if I had some decent green tea I would drink that more.

The Horned God
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Tea. I drink all sorts from time to time, but mostly it's just regular black tea with a dash of milk.

Btw, for some mysterious reason, it is nearly impossible to get strong black tea anywhere in continental Europe; that I've been to at least. What they call "English breakfast tea" is about the closest you can get to what I recognise as tea, but they'll probably just plonk the tea-bag in a mug full of warm water and hand it to you.

When in such a situation you might be better off asking them to serve up what they know, which is coffee.

Allenson
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
Water, milk, coffee, apple cider, grapefruit juice....that about sums it for me outside of the realm of ales, lagers, pilsners, stouts, etc. ;)

Freydis
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Btw, for some mysterious reason, it is nearly impossible to get strong black tea anywhere in continental Europe; that I've been to at least. What they call "English breakfast tea" is about the closest you can get to what I recognise as tea, but they'll probably just plonk the tea-bag in a mug full of warm water and hand it to you.

Continental Europe is BYOB zone ;)

NUXiY
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
There are nothing better for me that milk. It is impossible for me to just take one sip of a glass of milk, unless that sip is the last one. But on work I usually drink apple juice :D

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
Besides Dasani water which my Dad has insisted on is poisonous and bad for you health, I like drinking OJ and Green tea. Apple Juice is good too. I don't like Milk except with cereal, I do however like Icecream but not Milk shakes.

Freydis
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Dasani water is tasteless. I like to taste water...

Brynhild
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Filtered tap water mostly. I like orange and apple juice, coffee and the occasional coke. My favourite drink of late has been a coconut white chocolate from Gloria Jeans but I have to watch my milk intake because of the build-up on my lungs - as well as it being fattening. :D

And I nearly forgot this - the occasional drink of spirits, butterscotch scnapps and a nice cold beer!

Bridie
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 01:23 AM
Filtered tap water, or rainwater and tea. :)

Elysium
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 01:37 AM
Whatever's in the fridge. I like Sprite a lot.

Soldier of Wodann
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Non-alcoholic beverages are for pussies.

That being said, I love Capri Suns.

mischak
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Diet Pepsi/Coke, tea, milk, apple juice, and water

The Horned God
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 02:47 AM
That being said, I love Capri Suns.

Ah yes, Capri Sun, that takes me back. With its pressure-sealed aluminium pouch, Capri Sun was that little taste of the space-age in the mid 80's.

I used to imagine it was what the astronauts were drinking as they carried out missions in earth orbit. ;)

ladybright
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 03:27 AM
Ah yes, Capri Sun, that takes me back. With its pressure-sealed aluminium pouch, Capri Sun was that little taste of the space-age in the mid 80's.

I used to imagine it was what the astronauts were drinking as they carried out missions in earth orbit. ;)
Astronauts are only allowed to drink Tang and eat freeze dried ice cream.:D

Seriously though I also like yogurt lassis and kefir. Yogurt with a little honey and rose water is a wonderful thing. Lemonade with ginger is one of my favorite summer drinks as are Arnald Palmers( half sweet tea/half lemonade). Several friends who have been to scandanavia talk about how yummy Filmj&#246;lk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmj&#37;C3%B6lk) is but we can not get it here in the USA.

Teutonic
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
i drink milk all the time... but i like apple juice, orange juice,tea,vitamin water..

Talan
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
Kinnie, hands down.

Kadu
Tuesday, February 19th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Normally i drink milk or water(Mineral water).

SwordOfTheVistula
Wednesday, February 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Apple Cider, Cherry Juice, Jones soda (especially the cane sugar ones), Mt Dew, mostly I drink water though.

The Lawspeaker
Monday, April 7th, 2008, 03:36 AM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/solar_cola/cola_images/Coke_Coca_Cola_zero_sugar_can.jpg

Zero coke

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/39/23/23042339.jpg

Morrocan mint tea- I am a huge fan (I am a tea addict anyways). I love to have a few glasses of it when I am reading and smoking a water pipe (with apple tobacco). I don't smoke normal pipe or cigarrettes.

Cuchulain
Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM
Filtered Tap Water, Tap Water, Skim Milk, Green Tea, Orange Juice, Pop- a few ounces at a time (Soda=Sparkling Water), Cranberry Juice, whatever is available. O yes, and I'm also a big an of the Arnold Palmer.

Siebenbürgerin
Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
I prefer bottled water (still). The best bottled water around in this country is called "Borsec". Here it is:

http://www.pizzeria-vis.ocna-sugatag.com/imagini/borsec.jpg

And here the region it's found in:

http://www.primaria-borsec.ro/pics/index/haz1.jpg

I sometimes drink Coca Cola or Pepsi Twist but not so often. If I drink Juice it's from European Drinks brand.

Psychonaut
Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Coffee is definitely my non-alcoholic drink of choice. I usually drink about six cups a day. My favorite types of coffee are the those that blend with chicory, like Community's New Orleans blend.

http://www.communitycoffee.com/ccc/images/products/neworleansblend2095-l.gif

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/cup%20of%20coffee.jpg

Fafner
Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM
I like drinking water and sometimes sparkling water

http://es.passado.com/Photos/a209278.jpeg

Very strong black coffee. Also coffee and milk (every morning) or with cream

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/3/3d/20051012082501!Taza_de_caf%C3%A9.png

Milk (since I was a little kid :p)

http://www.gentiuno.com/articulos/articulo688/imagenes/leched8.jpg

Mate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)) (National beverage)

http://www.physics.ucsd.edu/~dzocco/other/mateypava.jpg

But my favourite drink is...

http://www.newtutorials.com/blood/blood07.jpg

:evil0000: Buahaha...

The Horned God
Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.barrystea.us/catalog/images/gold_blend_80.jpg

Barry's Tea. Just about the best and strongest tea you can get.

CrystalRose
Saturday, May 31st, 2008, 11:41 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/julianofesther/hot-1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/herojn_jelly/tea.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll79/theiiuuhsaxia/COFFEE.jpg
coffee to wake me up!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/EuphoricEyes/slurpee.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/swedish_oj/slurpee.jpg
on a hot day you can't beat a cherry mixed with coke slurpee!!!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb215/barginhunter1shop/IMG_0584.jpg
mostly drink water throughout the day..
(i used to always buy bottled water. now i filter my own water, why? because most places that bottle water are only required to filter it once! whereas tap water is filtered multiple times and treated with chemicals)

last but not least..
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm238/sasu_saku_02/milk.gif

CrystalRose
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 04:55 AM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/solar_cola/cola_images/Coke_Coca_Cola_zero_sugar_can.jpg

Zero coke

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/39/23/23042339.jpg

Morrocan mint tea- I am a huge fan (I am a tea addict anyways). I love to have a few glasses of it when I am reading and smoking a water pipe (with apple tobacco). I don't smoke normal pipe or cigarrettes.

'Moroccan mint tea' sounded good so i found this helpful recipe:

10 fresh mint sprigs, plus 4 for garnish
3 teaspoons green tea
3 tablespoons sugar
4 cups water

Boil water. Pour a small amount in teapot and swish around to warm the pot. Combine the mint and green tea and sugar in the teapot, then fill it with the rest of the hot water. Let tea brew, stirring the leaves once or twice, for 3 minutes. Pour tea through a tea strainer into glass teacups to serve. Garnish with remianing 4 sprigs of mint.

benefits of mint:
Mint has been known since the 17th century as a green-mint hybrid first cultivated in England. It is a hardy, slightly hairy plant with mauve-coloured flowers. The hairs contain a strong-smelling essence and have a spicy taste which inspired its Latin name. It was one of the most appreciated cultivated vegetable plants in ancient times. Bacchus‘ disciples even utilized it to weave circular head-dresses to avoid becoming inebriated. Mint is one of the oldest medicinal plants, and largely owes its continuing celebrity to its unmistakable odour. It plays an important role in phytotherapy due to its essential oil, which has soothing and antiseptic properties.
Also acts as an antidepressant (maybe that's why we like it so much!)

i'd like to also add:

Aromatherapy: Mythical, Magical, or Medicinal?.
Theme Articles
Holistic Nursing Practice. 17(1):8-16, October 2002.
Thomas, Deborah V. EdD, ARNP, CS
Abstract:
Aromatherapy, a branch of herbology, is one of the fastest growing therapies in the world today. Historically, essential oils are best used in the form of massage or bath oils or inhalations. Frequently, it is reported that aromatherapy leaves one feeling uplifted, stimulated, invigorated, or rejuvenated, depending on the oil used. When inhaled, the various aromas penetrate the bloodstream via the lungs causing physiologic changes. In turn, the limbic system, which controls our emotions and memories, is affected. Some consider aromatherapy as mystical or magical; others, however, are attempting to validate empirically this ancient therapy as medicinal.

The Lawspeaker
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 04:58 AM
'Moroccan mint tea' sounded good so i found this helpful recipe:

Thank you most kindly- I copied and stored the information on my pc ;) I have a strong interest in recepies and medicinal uses of herbs and teas( and whatever nature provides for us in terms of remedies and treatments )so any knowledge is welcome.

CrystalRose
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 06:03 AM
Thank you most kindly- I copied and stored the information on my pc ;) I have a strong interest in recepies and medicinal uses of herbs and teas( and whatever nature provides for us in terms of remedies and treatments )so any knowledge is welcome.

Not a problem!
i use essential oils (topically and inhalation) almost daily in my work :D
my favorite is grapefruit (vitamin C) oil for those who have a weak immune system or get sick often.. dab a couple drops into the 'armpit' area so that it absorbs into the lymph. especially around finals when our immune systems tend to be weak due to stress. Also a natural mood enhancer, antidepressant.

if you're in the market for aromatherapy i would do research as some oils can be contraindicated for various conditions or diseases. never ingest unless under the supervision of a professional who is licensed to prescribe such treatment.

be sure it is "essential" oil, extracted to it's purest form to experience the full benefit of the plant itself. artificial "fake fragrances" can have harsh chemicals that can do more harm than good. it's best to buy essential oil/plant from it's country of origin. example: lavender lavandula angustifolia from France/Mediterranean.
more info:http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-lavender-essential-oil.html

AND a little history
http://www.joys-of-lavender.com/history-of-lavender.html

i find it works well for relaxation, burns/cuts, and inflammation:D

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin. Unlike most mammals, humans do not have the ability to make their own vitamin C. Therefore, we must obtain vitamin C through our diet.

Function

Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen, an important structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bone. Vitamin C also plays an important role in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter, norepinephrine. Neurotransmitters are critical to brain function and are known to affect mood. In addition, vitamin C is required for the synthesis of carnitine, a small molecule that is essential for the transport of fat to cellular organelles called mitochondria, for conversion to energy (1). Recent research also suggests that vitamin C is involved in the metabolism of cholesterol to bile acids, which may have implications for blood cholesterol levels and the incidence of gallstones (2).

Vitamin C is also a highly effective antioxidant. Even in small amounts vitamin C can protect indispensable molecules in the body, such as proteins, lipids (fats), carbohydrates, and nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) from damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen species that can be generated during normal metabolism as well as through exposure to toxins and pollutants (e.g. smoking). Vitamin C may also be able to regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamin E (1).

Deficiency

Scurvy

Severe vitamin C deficiency has been known for many centuries as the potentially fatal disease, scurvy. By the late 1700's the British navy was aware that scurvy could be cured by eating oranges or lemons, even though vitamin C would not be isolated until the early 1930's. Symptoms of scurvy include bleeding and bruising easily, hair and tooth loss, joint pain and swelling. Such symptoms appear to be related to the weakening of blood vessels, connective tissue, and bone, which contain collagen. Early symptoms of scurvy such as fatigue may result from diminished levels of carnitine, needed to derive energy from fat, or decreased synthesis of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine (see Function). Scurvy is rare in developed countries because it can be prevented by as little as 10 mg of vitamin C daily (2). However, recent cases have occurred in children and the elderly on very restricted diets (4, 5).

Alice
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 06:07 AM
Basically, just water and Pepsi-Max (sugarfree soda). I like fruit juice, but I'd rather just eat the fruit itself.

ladybright
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
The discussion of medicinal herbal drinks should go to this thread (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=7444).

I have noticed that Splenda iced tea has started to disagree with me lately. My husband likes the southern sweet tea but not what it does to his waistline. I like tea any which way but artificially sweetened.

Oski
Monday, June 2nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
I drink iced green tea (unsweetened) with a slice of lemon.

:D this thread is dorky :D

Lyfing
Monday, June 2nd, 2008, 02:50 AM
I do not prefer non-alcoholic beverages.:) However, I find myself drinking lots of water and sometimes tea.

Later,
-Lyfing

Gorm the Old
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
Bottled spring water [Our tap water is fluoridated.]

Earl Grey Tea

Sprite Zero [I really LIKE the flavour.]

GOYA Eldorado Golden Soda [It has the flavour of Golden Delicious apples.]

V-8

Cranberry juice cocktail

Mango juice

The Horned God
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Bottled spring water [Our tap water is fluoridated.]

My intention is not merely to annoy you, but do you really think that makes any difference, apart from lightening your pocket?
The levels of fluoride in tap water are hundreds of times lower than those found in toothpaste, if you use a fluoride tooth paste you almost certainly ingest more of the substance from that source than you do from your tap water. On top of that, most soft drink and soda manufacturers like Coca Cola and Sprite and no doubt fruit juice manufactures, who use concentrate, all put municipal water into their products.So your ingesting fluoride any time you drink any of those products anyway.

Gorm the Old
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008, 04:39 AM
I go to great pains to find and use fluoride-free toothpastes. I don't know whether or not fluorides are present in bottled soft drinks, though they may well be, but I KNOW that our drinking water is fluoridated. [I voted against it over 50 years ago.]

The Horned God
Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
^ If you don't use a flouride tooth paste then you are getting 99.9&#37; less fluoride than most people. Apparently though, fluoride can be found in plenty of products (http://www.fluoridealert.org/f-sources.htm#I) that are processed using water, not just in drinks.However the lions share of it is found in toothpaste at around 1000 parts per million (ppm). Most other sources have only 1 or 2 ppm of fluoride.

Fire spirit
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 04:39 AM
Tea (Earl Grey and spicy chai), hot chocolate, coke, milkshake, mead, strawberry daiquiri, coconut latte, mocha and shandy.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Green tea. Purified water. Almond nut milk. OJ. Seagram's VO Canadian whisky. :)

Wuotans Krieger
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Sugar with black coffee and also ginger beer.