PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Part Your Hair?

OneEnglishNorman
Sunday, March 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Recent news story concerning a British political big cheese who changed his parting. Big news in the UK, naturally.

Most days I part mine in the middle, it is long on top and short at the sides.

I guess those with long hair have no choice but to go down the middle :)

EDIT: oops forgot to make the poll public.

EDIT 2: damn I forgot to include a no-parting option. God I'm stupid.

Maybe Mods can delete this topic and I'll start again??

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42683000/jpg/_42683669_cameron406_pa.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6453165.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6459283.stm

Æmeric
Sunday, March 18th, 2007, 02:26 PM
It must be a very dull Sunday if you're wondering how people part their hair :lmfao:.

I part my hair on the right. That's were my natural part is. When I was young, my hair was pretty thick and I couldn't get a part in. I use to comb it straight back, but I haven't done that for twenty years.

Pervitinist
Sunday, March 18th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Cool thread!

I used to part mine in the middle until I was 15. Then I got let's say politically interested and started parting it on the right side. :bwhitler :)

Btw, here's an interesting page:
http://www.fiese-scheitel.de/

Æmeric
Sunday, March 18th, 2007, 02:35 PM
@ OEN: You forgot to include an option for people who are bald & have no hair to part. :roll

OneEnglishNorman
Sunday, March 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM
@ OEN: You forgot to include an option for people who are bald & have no hair to part. :roll

Aha but no :)

Comb-overs fall into parting territory, otherwise it is shaven or very short. All contingencies have been planned for :D

Leofric
Sunday, March 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I part my hair on the left, the way my father taught me when I was a boy.

When I part my hair.

When it gets long, I either comb it straight back and let it fall naturally — which normally results in a center part — or I comb it straight back and do a few headbangs to help it fall. I'm probably one of the few men who needs to sing Metallica to himself to achieve a proper appearance before going out. :)

Personally, I think Cameron looks more sophisticated with his hair parted on his left (the way he used to have it). The part on the right makes him look more popular (and therefore more populist).

I loved how one of the articles mentioned that he's the first Tory leader in a while to have the luxury of parting his hair at all! :D

Southern Jarl
Monday, March 19th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I part my hair on the left, the way my father taught me when I was a boy.

When I part my hair.

When it gets long, I either comb it straight back and let it fall naturally — which normally results in a center part — or I comb it straight back and do a few headbangs to help it fall. I'm probably one of the few men who needs to sing Metallica to himself to achieve a proper appearance before going out. :)

Exactly the same as me - including the Thrash Metal headbanging. Now my hair is pretty short so I rarely bother to comb it.
Center or left part equates to "gay" to some people over here. It looks a bit feminine to me as well.

Blood_Axis
Monday, March 19th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I part them at the center and slightly at the left, I don't know why but they seem to fall naturally that way :P

Micaela
Thursday, December 30th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I part my hair pretty far to the left. That's where my hair parts naturally, so I just go with it.

Ingvaeonic
Thursday, December 30th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I'm glad this question was asked and a poll taken. It is one of the critical issues of the times that people know and are aware of where one parts one's hair. For myself, I part my hair (what's left of it) on the (traditional) left as the crown of my hair is towards the left; and of course, I'm a traditionalist. I'm sure that most people recognise the absolute importance of my hair parting on the left. This, I can only repeat, is a critical contemporary issue.

HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE