PDA

View Full Version : Admiration/Crush/Match Making System

Thorburn
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 02:39 AM
Admiration/Crush/Match Making System

So what does this do?

Well, it adds a link from the MEMBER PROFILE PAGE, when clicked it registers that the logged on user has a crush/admires the user whose profile he/she was viewing.

A PM (or email if PM is turned off) is then sent to the recipient informing them that someone secretly admires them... but it doesn't say who! The person is then encouraged to also go and register those users who they have a crush on/admire.

If two people admire each other, then both parties are notified... and love is spread :)

There is also a control panel option for the user to have a report e-mailed to them showing them how many people admire them, their matches, etc. For privacy and security this is NOT PM'd, and there are no administrative ways of displaying this data.

Our match maker is Freyja (http://www.forums.skadi.net/member.php?u=2238) ... have fun. :fwink:

Laugh you may, but I've only had it turned on for 12 hours on my boards and there have been 120 admirations through the system already.

On my last forum we processed 3,500+ admirations, two couples came about, numerous friendships, and a few people moved country. All of which is directly attributable to this hack.

If you've got a forum with a mixed sex community, you'd probably find this to be VERY successful.

It's titled 'admiration' not crush so that it doesn't necessarily exclude those in relationships from saying that they think someone else is cool.

Of course, on a teen site such a matchmaking system would go down a storm!

Worth every minute of the development time.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:11 AM
I don't understand how this works.

Are you saying that if I click on a user's profile, I am automatically their admirer?

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:14 AM
No, you click on the profile and then there is something you can click on that makes you an admirer of that person LOL

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:17 AM
No, you click on the profile and then there is something you can click on that makes you an admirer of that person LOL

I just checked your profile and saw nothing -- not that I wanted to click on it. :|

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:21 AM
:doeh I just seen it, and clicked on it thinking it would take me to another window. Anyway, I guess I'm your admirer now. Live and learn. :P

Thorburn
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:24 AM
I just checked your profile and saw nothing -- not that I wanted to click on it. :|

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9420&stc=1
Register your admiration for ...

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9421&stc=1
Secret Admirer Report

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Strangely enough, I can admire myself. :cheer

I received two identical pms telling me I admire myself. I'm supposing I should have only received one.

Scoob
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
So what happens when you have a mutual match? Cyber sex? Exchanging worn undergarments through the mail? Paid vacation to Euro Disney?

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:39 AM
So what happens when you have a mutual match? Cyber sex? Exchanging worn undergarments through the mail? Paid vacation to Euro Disney?Are you offering? :naughty

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 06:41 AM
So what happens when you have a mutual match? Cyber sex? Exchanging worn undergarments through the mail? Paid vacation to Euro Disney?

you get a PM that says this though the names will be different:

Dear cosmocreator,

You've matched with cosmocreator! :cheekkiss :inlove :heartbeat

Maybe it's time to PM the person now? :fwink: :fwedding:

Congratulations,

Freyja :D

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 10:19 AM
I know exactly who my admirers are, however, none of them makes a likely candidate for a special affair.... so by any means this system leaves me somewhat cold and indifferent...:)

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 10:46 AM
I have just received a message that I have a secret admirer :D
So now I have guess & admire them back..to let Freya make the match... :)
Ok....this shouldn't be too hard...he he ;)

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 11:06 AM
What matters most is not so much that they look fit and alluring, but that as a personality they're a brick....and with bricks one builds houses, solid and challenging monuments of comfort, foresight and unity...
(both literally spoken as, here applicable, meant as parable)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
This is going to be fun :dwink

Abby Normal
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:03 PM
Hey, you should make something where you can chat with Freyja, it could be like Smarter Child!

This whole thing is kind of ridiculous, but I think I'll become Pushkin's admirer! ;)

sciath
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:14 PM
This whole thing is kind of ridiculous, but I think I'll become Pushkin's admirer! ;)

This is childish but real fun! :D
I already matched up with someone ;) YOUPEE!!!

Abby Normal
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Hahahahaha!

Dear Adélaïde,

I bring glad tidings (or something like that, anyway): you have a Skadi Forum admirer!

To reciprocate view the profile of someone you admire and register your admiration, if they match up I tell both of you.

Just call me cupid.

Anyway, this doesn't work if people don't participate, so please, please, please take part!

Be Blessed,

Freyja

Member list:
http://www.forums.skadi.net/forum/memberlist.php

Member search:
http://www.forums.skadi.net/memberlist.php?do=search

Taras Bulba
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:37 PM

Yeah too bad I haven't recieved anything in my PM box about that! ;)

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:51 PM
I think I'll click on all members, male and female -- just so Marla doesn't feel special.

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:56 PM
I used up all five options for this month. :)

cosmocreator
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 09:58 PM
I used up all five options for this month. :)

You only get five choices per month?! That won't do for a playboy like me. :P

sciath
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 10:13 PM
You only get five choices per month?! . :P
Too bad for my fellow Suomut :grouphug :2girls :headbang :headbang :headbang

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2004, 10:15 PM
You only get five choices per month?! That won't do for a playboy like me. :P

Hehe, it's seemingly restricted to five members per month...

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Cosmocreator, what's the point of sending one of these to everyone? I think, if I understand correctly, that it's supposed to be a special thing for those you admire. ;)

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Cosmocreator, what's the point of sending one of these to everyone? I think, if I understand correctly, that it's supposed to be a special thing for those you admire. ;)

I admire pretty much everyone. Unless you mean, want to have in my life, in a romantic sense, then it would be none. I'm still looking for my Dirty Little Secret.

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 02:12 AM
I made three wrong guesses, sending admiration messages to otherwise unsuspecting members and now, because I have finished up my quota, I have to wait a month to find out my actual secret admirers. So, hang in there, don't give up on me yet, whoever you are! :D

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Obvliously you got it wrong, it shows in my mailbox.... :( ;)

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Obvliously you got it wrong, it shows in my mailbox.... :( ;)
Dayum! (as the negro moviegoers would say) :)

But anyway, just you wait! ;)

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Dayum! (as the negro moviegoers would say) :)

But anyway, just you wait! ;)

Well, my dear, it happens that someone else now happens to be an admirer of mine, but like you, I am over-quotha and thus I have to wait with tensed nerves and butterflies dancing in my tummy for a full month before I am able discover who this woman with awesome and tender tastes might be :) ...

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Well, my dear, it happens that someone else now happens to be an admirer of mine, but like you, I am over-quotha and thus I have to wait with tensed nerves and butterflies dancing in my tummy for a full month before I am able discover who this woman with awesome and tender tastes might be :) ...

How can you be sure it's a woman? Wasn't me btw.

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Well so far I have one admirer......gee I wonder who could it be! :D

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Well so far I have one admirer......gee I wonder who could it be!
Hmm... I wonder! :hrm :ccolor ;)

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Well I have two candidates in mind as to who sent me that. ;)

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Well I have two candidates in mind as to who sent me that. ;)
Tell me, was the other candidate? Was it my rival Scathach? ;)

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Tell me, was the other candidate? Was it my rival Scathach? ;)

She hasn't been on here in a while, 2 weeks.

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Why should I tell you? :D

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Cosmocreator, you keep track of that kind of stuff? :D

PLEASE tell me, Pushkin! As for why? Well, I should at least know who my competition is! ;)

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 03:58 AM
So you admit to sending me the admiration note Adélaïde? ;)

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Cosmocreator, you keep track of that kind of stuff? :D

When I go over the reputation list seeing who I can give rep points to, I see who has been on line recently or not.

sciath
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:52 AM
PLEASE tell me, Pushkin! As for why? Well, I should at least know who my competition is! ;)

Cosmo, after reading that, do you still believe she's not a woman ? :D :D

sciath
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I made three wrong guesses, sending admiration messages to otherwise unsuspecting members
So, hang in there, don't give up on me yet, whoever you are! :D

Your eastern tropism might mislead you ! :D ;)

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 05:24 PM
How can you be sure it's a woman? Wasn't me btw.

Elementary, my dear Cosmo, simply cunning deduction.
I kept guard of this thread, lusted...I mean...listed every member who came by looking here and belongs to the opposite sex...and now it gets very suspenseful, the last people who came by watching our postings were women and during some extent of time the last posts before you and Rusalka showed up were mine...not long afterwards I got notification by Freya that someone has a very exclusive interest in me... ;)

sciath
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I still have two options hehe . I'll keep them for future big-boobed new members lol :smilies

Loki
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 07:16 PM
... I think I'll become Pushkin's admirer!

I'm already jealous! ;)

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:56 PM
The "Germanic Goddess of love, beauty, animals, cats, horses, sex, childbirth, fire, enchanments, witchcraft, gold, wealth, jewelry, magick, foresight, luck, protection, wisdom, trance, long life, fertility, the Moon, the sea, music, flowers, poetry" has sent me word of another admirer!

Don't be jealous, Loki-:D Pushkin doesn't love me back (though he is very fond of me! ;) )

Loki
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Don't be jealous, Loki-:D Pushkin doesn't love me back (though he is very fond of me! ;) )

You don't need Pushkin - I can give you all he can give you, including many other things he can't! :D :P

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:09 PM
You don't need Pushkin - I can give you all he can give you, including many other things he can't! :D :P
At least you could have made an effort to guess who your admirers are you silly man! :P

Abby Normal
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:22 PM
You've seen my picture to know that I am non-Nordic, yet you still say this? :D Ah, well, I'm glad to know I have an admirer! ;)

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:39 PM
You've seen my picture to know that I am non-Nordic, yet you still say this? :D Ah, well, I'm glad to know I have an admirer! ;)
Women have a couple of extra points on that scale, you know. ;)

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Your eastern tropism might mislead you ! :D ;)
Tropism as in "orientation of an organism usually involving growing in positive or negative response to stimuli"? That's a bit too scientific for me! ;)

Loki
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:08 PM
You've seen my picture...

Hence my admiration.

...to know that I am non-Nordic, yet you still say this? :D

Incorrect. You are predominantly Nordic.

Ah, well, I'm glad to know I have an admirer! ;)

You might do well to notice that not all females are worthy of my admiration. ;)

Loki
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:10 PM
At least you could have made an effort to guess who your admirers are you silly man! :P

Hehe... I will guess when I have actually received someone's admiration. ;)

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:11 PM
It seems to me that Freyja's been too busy with feeding the cats. Doh!
;)

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:26 PM

Is that all, I got in one day three admirations, not just coz I am so nice and funny, but I am somewhat of an old soul, with whom one comes to rest and cracks open to vent out everything that has been hiding deep down for too long, since no one cared really or one was hesitant to unburden and the right moment was long overdue...yeah, I bring comfort where anxiety and sadness governs the mind, I give support and inspiration where the mind is struck in a dull grey fog.... :fhdclap: :D

And of course, sturdy brachycephalic light-mixed types are renowned sweet lovers.... :naughty

Loki
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:33 PM
I got in one day three admirations

I am glad for you, Frans. You deserve it - seriously. :)

Loki
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Hiya Loki, here is you Secret Admirer report as requested.

Thus far, you have registered your admiration for 2 forum users... and in turn,
0 users have registered their admiration for you.

Here are the people that you have successfully matched with:
No matches yet!

Here are the people whom you have registered your admiration, but have not yet
matched with:

You still have 0 users who admire you, whom you have not yet matched with.

Be Blessed,

Freyja :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am shattered. :~( :P :D

rusalka
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:42 PM
H

Dayum! :abo

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I am glad for you, Frans. You deserve it - seriously. :)

Ik weet het, mijn vriend....but the haunting past still runs through my veins, to quote Baudelaire in his eeriest moment of spleen, hope vanquished weeps/despotic agony/and plants on my skull a black flag of death....

But, there are still a lot to fight for out there, I dont like to surrender and accept defeat; there are still plenty of promising horizons to seek out for and of course, duties and responsabilities to attain and to execute, so the hell with my lamentations and let me drink this glass of Riesling to your honour and well-being! :wine

cosmocreator
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:56 PM

No one has sent their admiration yet? You want me to send you one? :D Don't feel bad though, I haven't received any either.

I don't really need this thing anyway. If there are any females here who I am interested in, they'll hear from me. Marla, Rachel, SKADI, lostchild1962 and possibly others can attest to this.

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Tropism as in "orientation of an organism usually involving growing in positive or negative response to stimuli"? That's a bit too scientific for me! ;)
Cm'on ! I guess you understand easily what I mean :D ;) A woman from "Dordogne" understands everything :D

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Cm'on ! I guess you understand easily what I mean :D ;) A woman from "Dordogne" understands everything :D
I don't know, maybe I did, maybe I did not. ;) The woman who would easily understand everything wouldn't easily reveal the truth. Or so I think. :D

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:22 AM
I don't know, maybe I did, maybe I did not. ;) The woman who would easily understand everything wouldn't easily reveal the truth. Or so I think. :D
Too subtle for me !
Even if I have an inner female component (very useful for courtship LOL) which I am proud, women are miles ahead ! too bad :D

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:45 AM
You never guess what has happened just ten minutes ago!

I was a bit bored by a PM of which nature I wont reveal anything, only that the content didn't came as a surprised, I saw it coming a long way ago, but I didn't want to yield to that prospect.

Whatever, I was rummaging through my mails on my hotmail account, and my attention was caught by an unfamiliar name of a young lady...a Hungarian young lady, by all means!
She is a member of the MSN Community Hungarians on the net, of which I am a member too...she was unsure of my nationality, though she would like to start a correspondence with someone from Belgium...she had plenty of things to ask me, but her schedule is so incredible filled...she was for studies in the USA, now before she eventually will graduate, she has returned to Hungary to set herself to rest...and so on, and so on...
Well, one moment knocked down, the next straightening the spine and putting back that mischivious smile at my face....

It's mandatory to pursue this exchange, methinks.

Thorburn
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Hiya Loki, here is you Secret Admirer report as requested.

Thus far, you have registered your admiration for 2 forum users... and in turn,
0 users have registered their admiration for you.

No matches yet!

Here are the people whom you have registered your admiration, but have not yet
matched with:

Be Blessed,

Freyja :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am shattered. :~( :P :D
Hiya Thorburn, here is you Secret Admirer report as requested.

Thus far, you have registered your admiration for 4 forum users... and in turn, 4 users have registered their admiration for you.

Here are the people whom you have registered your admiration, but have not yet matched with:
You haven't registered your admiration for anyone yet!

Be Blessed,

Freyja :) An observant gentleman always knows his secret admirerers. :)

Loki
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:06 AM
An observant gentleman always knows his secret admirerers. :)

Or rather, an observant gentleman has secret admirers. ;)

Nevermind, I am sure I have a few somewhere (like cosmocreator :D )!

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Or rather, an observant gentleman has secret admirers. ;)

Nevermind, I am sure I have a few somewhere (like cosmocreator :D )!

I got my first admirer tonight. My first guess as to who it was, was correct also. :) At least one person admires me. :|

Esther_Helena
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:23 AM
There is a difference between Admire and Crush. Shouldn't we have 2 separate thingys? While I may admire many of you, I don't have a crush on anyone here. I'd have to meet you in person, to even consider "crush-potential". :lol

Abby Normal
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 09:23 AM
While I may admire many of you, I don't have a crush on anyone here.
I know what you mean, heehee. ;)

Abby Normal
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Hence my admiration.

You might do well to notice that not all females are worthy of my admiration. ;)
I'm flattered. ;)

Incorrect. You are predominantly Nordic.
Now, now. Are you sure you're not saying this because you admire me? ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Well I now have two secret admirers. I have an idea who the first one was ;), but I have no clue who the second could be.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Such as........................?

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Well I now have two secret admirers now. I have an idea who the first one was ;), but I have no clue who the second could be.
What a thriller suspens ! :D You're winning me right now (just one !) but...you're much older on the forum than me :D

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Such as........................?
Project of a new war ? :D ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 01:29 PM
What a thriller suspens ! :D You're winning me right now (just one !) but...you're much older on the forum than me :D

I'm glad you recieve pleasure from my torment! :D ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Oh hohoho, playing hard to get are we? :D ;)

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 02:09 PM
I'm glad you recieve pleasure from my torment! :D ;)

Because you're very skillfull at tormenting ! :bullwhip :axe

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Because you're very skillfull at tormenting ! :bullwhip :axe

If you mean skillful at tormenting others, then yes! :D

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM
So let me get this straight, in a month we find out the identities of our admirers, or we only find that out when we match?

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Oh hohoho, playing hard to get are we? :D ;)
I thought it was time to be a real woman, mind games and all. :P

Actually I didn't know what to say and cliches work best in those situations, that's the truth of it. :)

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
So let me get this straight, in a month we find out the identities of our admirers, or we only find that out when we match?
In a month, you'll get 5 more rights to guess (or admire) and if you manage to match with the person who has admired you and in that case Frejya lets you know both. Unfortunately we don't get to find out who admires us unless we also admire them. Too bad. ;)

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
You seem too impatient. Are you afraid of losing an affair ? :D ;)

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I got my first admirer tonight. My first guess as to who it was, was correct also. :) At least one person admires me. :|

Don't worry..myself & my legion of Valkyrie's will take good care of you. ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I thought it was time to be a real woman, mind games and all. :P

Well in that case, I guess I'll have to bring out the whip and punish you for misbehaving. :D ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Project of a new war ? :D ;)

What? I have hundreds of plans for all sorts of different wars. Even now I'm working on a detailed plan for the conquest of Manchuria from the Yellow peril. :D

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:23 PM
You seem too impatient.

Well I'm an Ukrainian. But no, I just want to get this straighten out.

Are you afraid of losing an affair ? :D ;)

Well I do want to make sure that at least the people I admire do so in return. Unrequiented love gets real sickening after 5 years of endlessly experiencing it! :D ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:25 PM
In a month, you'll get 5 more rights to guess (or admire) and if you manage to match with the person who has admired you and in that case Frejya lets you know both. Unfortunately we don't get to find out who admires us unless we also admire them.

Oh.......ok.

Too bad. ;)

Yes apparently. Apparently the people I admire don't admire me back, since I have no matches so far. This considering so far I have two admirers. :D ;)

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Well in that case, I guess I'll have to bring out the whip and punish you for misbehaving. :D ;)
Everyone's after whipping me these days Pushkin, I guess you'll have to get in the line. I promise to save you a good spot though. ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Everyone's after whipping me these days Pushkin, I guess you'll have to get in the line.

Oh.......I see http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/3dlil/sad.gif

I promise to save you a good spot though. ;)

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce.gif

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Everyone's after whipping me these days Pushkin, I guess you'll have to get in the line. I promise to save you a good spot though. ;)

Au contraire, ma douce fille, I have no intention to whip you, but dont count on me anymore to visit together the American Museum of Natural History...you blew it! :P

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Au contraire, ma douce fille, I have no intention to whip you, but dont count on me anymore to visit together the American Museum of Natural History...you blew it! :P
Nooooooooo!
You can't do that to me Frans! Forgive my being an impudent, I don't know what came over me! Bad influence, I say. :P

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Well I've now managed to get one match. Yippee! http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gif

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Nooooooooo!
You can't do that to me Frans! Forgive my being an impudent, I don't know what came over me! Bad influence, I say. :P

Haha, I like this little girl too much to do any harm or censurable act to her, besides you resemble an aunt of mine from my maternal line, so I wont cut in my own flesh and blood , metaphorically speaking.... ;)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Haha, I like this little girl too much to do any harm or censurable act to her

Damn right you won't hurt her! Otherwise it'd be dueling time! ;)

gorgeousgal2k2
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:09 PM
well someone likes me :D I wonder who it could be...

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Don't worry..myself & my legion of Valkyrie's will take good care of you. ;)

I look forward to it. :inlove :grouphug :2girls :iloveyou :love

And to those that don't admire me :dfu

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Haha, I like this little girl too much to do any harm or censurable act to her, besides you resemble an aunt of mine from my maternal line, so I wont cut in my own flesh and blood , metaphorically speaking.... ;)

Frans, you really are the most refined gentleman on Skadi. S'stimmt ! :)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Two matches in one day! Happy days are here again! :D

Scáthach
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Your recent revelations may break that match :( ...I need Milesian to sort you out ;) :D

Abby Normal
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Well I've now managed to get one match. Yippee! http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/edoom/biggrinbounce2.gif
You didn't send one to me, so I was not your match! I think I'll go and cry as you rejoice. ;(

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Please accept my sincere thanks, I am a good girl after all. :)

rusalka
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Damn right you won't hurt her! Otherwise it'd be dueling time! ;)
How romantic! Let the chivalry begin! No need to kill yourselves in the process, of course. Like I said, it's the thought that matters. :)

Gladstone
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:52 PM
So a person guesses at who admires them...let's say the guess is wrong. Is the wrong guess sent to that person guessed at as an admiration? It would seem better if that was not the case. :|

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:54 PM
How romantic! Let the chivalry begin! No need to kill yourselves in the process, of course. Like I said, it's the thought that matters. :)

I dont duel for a woman who has already a beau who can take guard against offence to her dignity and honour. :D
I am not a mercenary :P

And I dont take arms against a fellow Capricorn(my rising star and moon sign is the same as Pushkin's sun sign, that creates a bond among man that even teh most sensitive and intelligent woman cant comprehend.... :D

Gladstone
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Let the chivalry begin! No need to kill yourselves in the process, of course.

Paintball duels would do the trick. :D Someone could make a business out of that if they wanted to. Go thru all the mechanisms of a duel and everything. ;)

rusalka
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Paintball duels would do the trick. :D Someone could make a business out of that if they wanted to. Go thru all the mechanisms of a duel and everything. ;)
Ah, now THAT is a great idea Gladstone! I wish we really could hold such a thing: "Skadi Paintball Duels", and we ladies would sit by the field and cheer for our heroes! Yes, I can see it and it's a charming scene indeed. ;)

Esther_Helena
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Well I've made one match, now I need to figure out who my other admirer is.

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Your recent revelations may break that match :( ...I need Milesian to sort you out ;) :D

Excuse me, all I said was that I had a match, I didn't expressed with who I had a match. YOU"RE the one who revealed the hot stuff! :P

cosmocreator
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:14 AM
I have two more admirers. I have no idea who they are.

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:15 AM

I thought of that a long time ago. Me and my friends did that all the time. We would only load on paintball and due all the other cermonial stuff; turn and fire. :D

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:17 AM

Of course, I would defend the honour of any decent and lovely lady by way in combat. There are two incidents of me doing this in the physical world, and one guy got really beat up! :D

And Scathach thinks I'm not a refined gentleman. I think you need to speak to your Celtic alter-ego. :P ;)

rusalka
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:24 AM
And Scathach thinks I'm not a refined gentleman. I think you need to speak to your Celtic alter-ego. :P ;)
Hey, my Celtic alter-ego! Look up here and reassess this situation please, will you? :D The man is practically a Knight here!

Abby Normal
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Yay! I have (finally) matched with Pushkin! :D

Always the gentleman, are you not? My faith in you is restored. ;)

rusalka
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Darn it! I can't match with anyone else this month. So much to do, so little time. :P

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Yay! I have (finally) matched with Pushkin! :D

Always the gentleman, are you not? My faith in you is resored. ;)

I'm glad to hear that. :D

Just remember, you're still jail-bait untill you turn 18! :D ;)

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Hey, my Celtic alter-ego! Look up here and reassess this situation please, will you? :D The man is practically a Knight here!

So true. I still laugh at that one quote you said to me during my pm discussion. :D You wouldn't mind if I posted it(I always respect peoples privacy)?

rusalka
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:33 AM
So true. I still laugh at that one quote you said to me during my pm discussion. :D You wouldn't mind if I posted it(I always respect peoples privacy)?
I would have to know which one it is, no? ;)

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I would have to know which one it is, no? ;)

The one about me being a misogynist. :D

rusalka
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:37 AM
The one about me being a misogynist. :D
Aah, sure, go ahead. We all know you actually are not. In fact, it goes for all the misogynists I know in this forum. We all know you're big softies inside! ;)

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Aah, sure, go ahead.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure it was alright; being the gentleman I am :D ;)

Rusalka
Are you sure you are a m[i]sogynist Pushkin? You're really good at complimenting. :) Thank you.

So yeah Scathach, you should listen to rusalka here! :D

We all know you actually are not.

No, there actually are some people who insist I'm a low-life misogynist here. :|

In fact, it goes for all the misogynists I know in this forum. We all know you're big softies inside! ;)

Hey hey, I'm not a softie. ;) Although I will admit one weakness I have is seeing a women in emotional pain and crying.

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Darn it! I can't match with anyone else this month. So much to do, so little time. :P

Well maybe if you chose your admiration notes more carefully you would've gotten a match by now! ;) :D

Abby Normal
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:53 AM
I'm glad to hear that. :D

Just remember, you're still jail-bait untill you turn 18! :D ;)
Didn't you read the information under my username? I'm already 99! (Oh, don't flatter me, you silly young little whippersnapper!) JUST KIDDING! ;) I really need to change that... Oh, well! On to homework! Foodnight, oops I mean GOODNIGHT, my dear Pushkin! :D

rusalka
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Ok, I just wanted to make sure it was alright; being the gentleman I am :D ;)

Hear, hear! I hope my alter-ego is listening. Since I'm the one typing it she should be. Rather confusing, we should ask sciath. :-O

No, there actually are some people who insist I'm a low-life misogynist here. :|

And I say don't heed everyone's word. :)

Hey hey, I'm not a softie. ;) Although I will admit one weakness I have is seeing a women in emotional pain and crying.
Being a softie is notthing to be ashamed of. The trick is to be a softie to only one person. ;)

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Didn't you read the information under my username? I'm already 99! (Oh, don't flatter me, you silly young little whippersnapper!) JUST KIDDING! ;)

Yeah I must say, I'm not those grandma fuckers you find on Jerry Springer. ;)

Foodnight, oops I mean GOODNIGHT, my dear Pushkin! :D

Goodnight! :D

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Hear, hear! I hope my alter-ego is listening. Since I'm the one typing it she should be.

Indeed she better be listening. Her latest pms seems to show she has an interest in this. But I won't reveal her exact words or get into much detail; out of decency. :D

And I say don't heed everyone's word. :)

Well I don't. Those who hate me.........I won't say such words in your company. :D

Being a softie is notthing to be ashamed of. The trick is to be a softie to only one person. ;)

So you wouldn't mind me being a softie around you? :D ;) http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/otn/love/kotc.gif

Taras Bulba
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 02:39 AM

You're not alone Adelaide. Scathach wants to know as well! :D

Gladstone
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Ah, now THAT is a great idea Gladstone! I wish we really could hold such a thing: "Skadi Paintball Duels", and we ladies would sit by the field and cheer for our heroes! Yes, I can see it and it's a charming scene indeed. ;)

Yep. Already got a name for it...Field Of Honor Inc....just gotta register the name! ;) A business like that could provide the appropriate period costumes..manservants...concessions. There's big money in this, I tell ya!! :D :D :D

kinvolk
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Read a book by Thomas McGuane called " The Sporting Club " The main protaganist has a thing for duels, And its an excellent read besides. I for one am a BIG fan of Thomas McGuane.One of the best living American authors. Some of his descriptions of 'Americana' are sheer poetry. And soooo very funny besides. [Oh, regarding this thread and crushes/admirations,, It seems again that nobody likes me!]

Mac Seafraidh
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Does the matchmaking feature still exist?

Thorburn
Thursday, April 22nd, 2004, 03:28 AM
Does the matchmaking feature still exist?
Yes.

Frans_Jozef
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 02:16 AM
I have wondered for a month, pacing up and down who this secret admirer could have been,nearly digging a moat in the living room...not to mention papers full of countless gibberish statistics, brainstorming, inquiries etc....no clues at all...well, this morning I found out the identity of this darling and it goes by Addy...I never could have guessed! :)

Dear Frans_Jozef,

You've matched with Addy!

Maybe it's time to PM the person now?

Congratulations,

Freyja

Well, I will treat her with some reputation points, anyway...and more frequently ;)

symmakhos
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 02:48 AM
I have wondered for a month, pacing up and down who this secret admirer could have been,nearly digging a moat in the living room...not to mention papers full of countless gibberish statistics, brainstorming, inquiries etc....no clues at all...well, this morning I found out the identity of this darling and it goes by Addy...I never could have guessed! :)

Dear Frans_Jozef,

You've matched with Addy!

Maybe it's time to PM the person now?

Congratulations,

Freyja

Well, I will treat her with some reputation points, anyway...and more frequently ;)
Oh no... ;( :~( Take good care of her, Franz. Or else I will have to challenge you to a duel! :ffence:

Abby Normal
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 01:16 PM
Oh no... ;( :~( Take good care of her, Franz. Or else I will have to challenge you to a duel! :ffence:
Hehe. No, the Khazarian princess is already taken by a certain someone. ;)

Skadi matchmaking is so silly! Teehee! :D

This reminds me of when Pushkin and Sciath dueled over my honor (which can be found at the end of the "sexiest female" thread!)

Frans_Jozef
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 06:19 PM

I take only care of myself and a handful of true friends who I know either in person or virtual for a couple of years or/and have *recently* shown to me that they are worthy, decent acquaintances with whom I share more than mutual intellectual and studious interesses only.

Besides, if a woman wants to defend her honour and dignity, she should do it by herself...there is a price to pay for emancipation: responsability and character...I leave the duelling to her. :P

Frans_Jozef
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
However, I have no desire to be matched up with a friend and sympathizer of that sickly piece of crap who calls himself Hendrik Verwoerd aka Prodigal Son on the Phora, where he has put up with his schizoid, impotent buddy Freddie "Frantic" Braun a ghastly and vile smear campaign against me and my friends Volksdeutscher and Njord, where funny enough they use a language sounding very whiggish!

Addy at the Phora:
Prodigal, I completely agree with you about Njord's hypocricy in the "Nordish" department; however, by conveying that Northern Europeans are superior you are merely buying into his pathetic logic. I still love you, though

http://www.thephora.org/showthread.php?threadid=8099&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://www.thephora.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7923

symmakhos
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Er... this getting a bit too complicated for me I'm afraid... :scratch

:fbard:*Sings a final serenade about unrequited Internet love and the manifold horrors of Internet flame wars, and wanders off into the shadows*

Have a nice weekend, anyway!:D

Frans_Jozef
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
Er... this getting a bit too complicated for me I'm afraid... :scratch

:fbard:*Sings a final serenade about unrequited Internet love and the manifold horrors of Internet flame wars, and wanders off into the shadows*

Have a nice weekend, anyway!:D

Very poetic, my friend. :)

Nah, it's of no great importance, but this fellow wont fall for scams and bullocks anymore...

Well, Spring has finally set in and I hope your weekend will be joyful and lovely!
Be well!

symmakhos
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I requested a "secret admiration report" by email and realised that I have earlier registered admiration for a male poster on this board, thinking that I was giving rep points!!! :doeh :jeer :newbie

Taras Bulba
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Happy Days are here again!

I recently got another match, and it's been the one Ive been waiting for a real long time. :D ;)

berserkergrrl
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 08:15 PM
LMAO,yeah so is this both F/M? Cause I CAN "admire" people though not always "romantically"?(:o

Nordhammer
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 12:30 AM
I have 2 admirers and no idea who they are. If you gave me your admiration please send me a PM so I know it's you. :)

symmakhos
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 01:38 AM
I have 2 admirers and no idea who they are. If you gave me your admiration please send me a PM so I know it's you. :)

Not me, sorry. But you should have some rep points for your couragous battles at Dodona! ;) Thanks for the reminder!

Abby Normal
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 02:33 AM
However, I have no desire to be matched up with a friend and sympathizer of that sickly piece of crap who calls himself Hendrik Verwoerd aka Prodigal Son on the Phora, where he has put up with his schizoid, impotent buddy Freddie "Frantic" Braun a ghastly and vile smear campaign against me and my friends Volksdeutscher and Njord, where funny enough they use a language sounding very whiggish!

Addy at the Phora:
Prodigal, I completely agree with you about Njord's hypocricy in the "Nordish" department; however, by conveying that Northern Europeans are superior you are merely buying into his pathetic logic. I still love you, though

http://www.thephora.org/showthread.php?threadid=8099&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://www.thephora.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7923
A language that sounds very "whiggish?" Puh-lease!!!

Prodigal Son is my "special someone,' and we are going to get engaged. ;)

Abby Normal
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 02:37 AM
I take only care of myself and a handful of true friends who I know either in person or virtual for a couple of years or/and have *recently* shown to me that they are worthy, decent acquaintances with whom I share more than mutual intellectual and studious interesses only.

Besides, if a woman wants to defend her honour and dignity, she should do it by herself...there is a price to pay for emancipation: responsability and character...I leave the duelling to her. :P
As you like it! Consider this an invitation to a duel for Prodigal Son's honor. Be warned, we French-American girls are known for being fierce fighters (though you Sicilians might have some tricks up your sleeves yet! :D )

symmakhos
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 04:03 AM
As you like it! Consider this an invitation to a duel for Prodigal Son's honor. Be warned, we French-American girls are known for being fierce fighters (though you Sicilians might have some tricks up your sleeves yet! :D )
Are you going to fight Franz over Prodigal Son? Somewhere, somehow, I think I must have lost touch with the current codes of chivalry... :D

Adorable as I find you, Addy, I shall definitely remain at a safe distance from this battle! ;)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Not me, sorry. But you should have some rep points for your couragous battles at Dodona! ;) Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks, man. :) Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting the dark hordes of Sauron all alone. :D

Nordhammer
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Prodigal Son is my "special someone,' and we are going to get engaged. ;)

Is he your "Lawrence"? :) As far as I know he is pro-Nord, aren't you against that?

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 10:07 AM

Sicilian?
I have no Sicilian ancestry, Pugliese would be fine; what's this obsession with matrilineary ancestry anyway, I think Herr Prodigal Son has OCPD and when an idée fixe settles in his confused mind he cant shake it off and keeps on nagging the same old trite nonsense.
Or he projects his own frustations and self-loathe, maybe related to family issues.

symmakhos
Wednesday, April 28th, 2004, 02:24 AM
The nymph is departed. ;( Oh well, she asked for it. :fpc: