PDA

View Full Version : Pro-gay kids' books launched

OneEnglishNorman
Monday, March 12th, 2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007110660,00.html

KIDS as young as five will be read fairy tales featuring gays in new books launched in primary schools. The series includes the story of a prince who shuns three beautiful princesses before falling in love with a man and living happily ever after.

Other stories are about a spacegirl with two mothers and a baby penguin with two dads.

The gay books project — backed by teaching unions — is funded by £600,000 of taxpayers’ money and is aimed at making homosexuality seem normal to children from an early age.

But last night it was blasted by Christian groups, who branded it “outrageous and wicked” and even likened it to a form of child abuse.

Critics accused those behind the move of abusing the repeal of Section 28, the law that banned promotion of gay propaganda in schools.

The pilot scheme is the brainchild of the government-backed No Outsiders project, run by Sunderland and Exeter universities and the Institute of Education.

No Outsiders has launched the series of books in 14 primary schools in the North East, South West, London, the Midlands and in one local authority. The scheme will be extended if it is a success.

Supporters say children need to be shown that homosexuality is a part of everday life and the books will help cut homophobic bullying in playgrounds.

No Outsiders boss Elizabeth Atkinson said: “The most important thing these books do is reflect reality for young children.

“I know how powerful children’s literature is in shaping social values and emotional development.”

But Christian Voice director Stephen Green said: “The arrogance of people like Elizabeth Atkinson, using children as guinea pigs, is outrageous and thoroughly wicked.

“The intention is to make homosexuality appear normal and these people have no business doing that to other people’s children. It is wicked and amounts to child abuse.”

Tahir Alam, education spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain, said the stories were “not consistent with Islamic teachings”, adding: “From our point of view many parents would be concerned.”

However, the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement claimed the anti-gay views were from a minority of Christians.

Reverend Martin Reynolds said: “These books appear to handle the matter of same-sex parenting sensitively.

“Lesbian and gay children and those with same-sex parents may still experience hostility and bullying but these books will offer some help in that direction.”

Website for No Outsiders: http://www.nooutsiders.sunderland.ac.uk/

Image of their books. Look at the book titles :-O:

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=95058&stc=1&d=1173682780

ladybright
Monday, March 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I do not have a problem with the books. My daughter has And Tango Makes Three (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Tango_Makes_Three):thumbup , which is a rather sweet true story. I am sure that some of the books are good quality and some are tripe. The same could be said of any message books. The funding may be questionable but I have know idea how English education is funded.

Pervitinist
Monday, March 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I wonder how grown-up kids will react in 10 or 15 years when they find out that they have been the object of such campaigns of state-funded psychological child abuse and social experimentation. There will be a lot of rage and hatred in them against a perverted society that allows and even supports such deviations.

This will surely backfire against the "gay community".

ladybright
Tuesday, March 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I remember some kids telling me that Pippi Longstocking was gay. A dozen progay books should not tramatize any children. I think that just having these books in class or school libraries will not hurt children, they will be exposed to real live gay people at some point. Having kids pressured about what to think about homosexualty(in any direction) is usurping the place of parents. Schools should teach about laws and citizenship.

Patrioten
Tuesday, March 13th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I think it is disturbing with any form of pro gay advocacy, and to expose children to it is nothing short of child abuse in my opinion. For those of you who do not mind this and want to understand how i feel about this you could imagine if pedophilia was promoted in the same way. Homosexuality is no more normal than pedophilia, both are mental defects. The only reason as to why this is allowed to go on today is because of the passing of liberal legislation in the 70s (here in Sweden at least), which was a political decision that is now treated as a holy truth. This truth is being taught in the schools where the only accepted opinion is the one that homosexuality is perfectly normal. In practise this results for example in the visits of gay lobbyists in the schools (two of them are coming to my class this friday to preach their gospel, i will be abcent). It is now an accepted truth among my co-students that 2 individuals in every class are homosexual! Who says? Well the gay lobbyists do and so it must be true.

I remember when i first heard this ludicrous statement, in 8th grade my class had to attend a meeting with a gay lobbyist who told us that it's a fact that 2 in every school class are gay. Some years later i hear the exact same statement being made by my classmates when i get into a discussion about homosexuality. It became all too clear to me, we were all exposed to the same propaganda, but my classmates didn't question what they were told, they ate it all up.