PDA

View Full Version : The Antichrist: A Pacifist, Ecologist and Ecumenist

Northerner
Saturday, March 3rd, 2007, 02:37 AM
Pope Benedict XVI's Lenten retreat preacher, Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, gave a message on the Antichrist, describing him as a "pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist." This info comes from the writings of Vladimir Soloviev, a 19th century Russian poet and mystical philosopher. It appears that the Pope and, apparently, Cardinal Biffi are interested in the writings of Soloviev.

Here is an excerpt from a recent news article:

This year's selection when it became known created a stir since Cardinal Biffi, while he is known for orthodox faith and frank words, is most well known, at least in the secular media, for his preaching on the Antichrist. In fact, the Times of London reported in 2004 that the Cardinal described the Antichrist as "walking among us".

The Lenten retreat did not disappoint. Cardinal Biffi picked up on his oft repeated theme of the Antichrist, basing his remarks on the works of Vladimir Soloviev, a Russian theologian who has received praise from Pope Benedict prior to his elevation to the pontificate.

Quoting Soloviev, the Cardinal said "the Antichrist presents himself as pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist."

"He will convoke an ecumenical council and will seek the consensus of all the Christian confessions, granting something to each one. The masses will follow him, with the exception of small groups of Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants," he said .......

In his "Tale of the Antichrist" Solovyov foresees that a small group of Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants will resist and will say to the Antichrist: "You give us everything, except what interests us, Jesus Christ". For Cardinal Biffi, this narrative is a warning: "Today, in fact, we run the risk of having a Christianity which puts aside Jesus with his cross and resurrection."

Source: LifeSiteNews.com (http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/mar/07030101.html)

Peter
Sunday, March 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM
This is one of the best descriptions made about AntiChrist, another great book about it is 666 from Hugo Wast, a powerful book.

ReinekeFuchs
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 04:01 AM
This is one of the best descriptions made about AntiChrist, another great book about it is 666 from Hugo Wast, a powerful book.

Biffi's words are full of irony when you consider the following from Ian Paisley's European Institute of Protestant Studies:
http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=666

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=pius

http://www.ianpaisley.org/toc.asp?loc=rome

In fact, it's downright disturbing for things to be so crystal clear and apparent for the inquiring mind of reason and yet so completely hidden for the complacent who let their deepseated need to belong to a majority do the spiritual driving.

Segestan
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Laughable....This person ( anti-christ) is with so much power and far reaching power he knows the nature of this silly theologic game, will simply destroy the building and any person who stands to feel they can profit by his death will be sorry.

ReinekeFuchs
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Segestan, you're implying that some 2000 + years of history and prophecy are not to be taken seriously and should be judged as scientifically silly. Psychologically speaking, that is exactly the mentality which the prophesied AC counts upon to enable him to slowly take the reigns of political and religious power. I think it's clear that this person will be someone who will combine the latter two functions. WW2 has delivered to us the philosophy of political correctness — the first stepping stone required.
A very recommendable book is The Great Pyramid Decoded by E. Raymond Capt (M.A., A.I.A., F.S.A., SCOT)
It's available through Artisan Publishers
http://www.artisanpublishers.com/advanced_search.php?keywords=/index.php
There are 21 other titles by the same author, all of them highly interesting!:thumbup

Segestan
Sunday, July 26th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Segestan, you're implying that some 2000 + years of history and prophecy are not to be taken seriously and should be judged as scientifically silly. Psychologically speaking, that is exactly the mentality which the prophesied AC counts upon to enable him to slowly take the reigns of political and religious power. I think it's clear that this person will be someone who will combine the latter two functions. WW2 has delivered to us the philosophy of political correctness — the first stepping stone required.
A very recommendable book is The Great Pyramid Decoded by E. Raymond Capt (M.A., A.I.A., F.S.A., SCOT)
It's available through Artisan Publishers
http://www.artisanpublishers.com/advanced_search.php?keywords=/index.php
There are 21 other titles by the same author, all of them highly interesting!:thumbup

Yes I am fully aware of prophecy. The Book of Daniel and revelation .. etc.

But I'm telling you... if this man is all he is suppose to be and given the nature of where power originates , he is not going to follow the expected plans or paths that Christians, Jews or Muslims expect. Not to offend but you are clearly a person of faith in forces you cannot see, but you are wrong.
Those persons who discover this man have a system of truth they put him through, no one has ever completed the course... he does. Those who put him through that course know not the true nature of the universe.. they will Not be able to escape.. no hidding be hind the vail for them. This person has REAL power and ALL souls are his allies!

ReinekeFuchs
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 12:23 AM
... But I'm telling you... if this man is all he is suppose to be and given the nature of where power originates , he is not going to follow the expected plans or paths that Christians, Jews or Muslims expect...
I find this phrase of yours quite intriguing. I wonder if you could clarify for me the statement of "the nature of where power originates?"

Not to offend but you are clearly a person of faith in forces you cannot see, but you are wrong.
That's the very meaning of faith. Isn't it?;):)

Those persons who discover this man have a system of truth they put him through, no one has ever completed the course... he does. Those who put him through that course know not the true nature of the universe.. they will Not be able to escape.. no hidding be hind the vail for them. This person has REAL power and ALL souls are his allies!
One could argue that the original prophet, the Creator, knows quite well the nature of the universe. Scripture also says that the AC's time is limited. I believe it is 6.5 to 7 years (off the top of my head) although there are more precise time frames published within this range. He's also described as concluding a 7 year non-agression treaty with Israel which he'll break after 3 - 4 years. this will be the impetus to WW3 and a possible nuclear holocaust because at this point the biblically prophesied King of the North (Europe and North America plus Australia) will do battle with the King of the South (Islam).

Segestan
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Power in human hands is given by random lot. The universe is for the mortal .. a dynamic journey through time and space. The human drama is a book of life for all those souls who enter the time bound journey. The AC is apart ( it would seem) of that Books tale. If AC comes as expected , he will be All-powerful, beyond anything ever seen more power than Christ and his miracle works of small magnitude. AC is with knowledge that even Christ, nor any prophet has ever known.
Yes ... religion is all about faith and you do a fine job of representation. But religion in the final analysis is apart of the Drama making of mortal living not the reason for our journey.

ώeudiskaz
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Power in human hands is given by random lot. The universe is for the mortal .. a dynamic journey through time and space. The human drama is a book of life for all those souls who enter the time bound journey. The AC is apart ( it would seem) of that Books tale. If AC comes as expected , he will be All-powerful, beyond anything ever seen more power than Christ and his miracle works of small magnitude. AC is with knowledge that even Christ, nor any prophet has ever known.
Yes ... religion is all about faith and you do a fine job of representation. But religion in the final analysis is apart of the Drama making of mortal living not the reason for our journey.

Based on what, do you make this claim? As far as I am aware, only the Bible, and other, similar, religious texts mention the Anti-Christ. As such, we must assume (if we believe in a potential Anti-Christ at all) that it should follow the laws set forth in such literature.

If the Bible is the only source to make the Anti-Christ claim, and the Bible also says that the Anti-Christ will be weaker than God (as Satan is weaker than God) then from where can you possibly derive a different perspective, and still think that it is the Anti-Christ from the Bible?

The term "Anti-Christ" has been greatly over-used in the last 2000 years. Sure, I believe in Biblical prophecy, but I also realize that so much of Revelation was symbolic that pretty much, no one can really know anything, and I'll leave it at that for now, at least until anything about the subject is knowable, and that may not happen within our lifetime, or 100 lifetimes. We'll see.

ReinekeFuchs
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 01:30 AM
You've obviously stated that the reason for your "dynamic journey through time and space" is mortal living. You admire the power of the finite type - i.e. the mortal. Therefore, unfortunately, that's your chosen lot and destiny.

I believe that the reason for our finite existence is to develop and learn. So that we may achieve a level worthy of permitting infinite harmonious existence. In summary, that's the message and purpose of Scripture, isn't it?

Segestan
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 03:01 AM
You've obviously stated that the reason for your "dynamic journey through time and space" is mortal living. You admire the power of the finite type - i.e. the mortal. Therefore, unfortunately, that's your chosen lot and destiny.

I believe that the reason for our finite existence is to develop and learn. So that we may achieve a level worthy of permitting infinite harmonious existence. In summary, that's the message and purpose of Scripture, isn't it?

You're a smart man. :)

Based on what, do you make this claim? As far as I am aware, only the Bible, and other, similar, religious texts mention the Anti-Christ. As such, we must assume (if we believe in a potential Anti-Christ at all) that it should follow the laws set forth in such literature.

If the Bible is the only source to make the Anti-Christ claim, and the Bible also says that the Anti-Christ will be weaker than God (as Satan is weaker than God) then from where can you possibly derive a different perspective, and still think that it is the Anti-Christ from the Bible?

The term "Anti-Christ" has been greatly over-used in the last 2000 years. Sure, I believe in Biblical prophecy, but I also realize that so much of Revelation was symbolic that pretty much, no one can really know anything, and I'll leave it at that for now, at least until anything about the subject is knowable, and that may not happen within our lifetime, or 100 lifetimes. We'll see.

The story of anti-christ is not public information. Theologians know this.
They have never told the truth because they don't want to waist there efforts on a fake.

ReinekeFuchs
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
You're a smart man. :)
Of course I'm partial to flattery — just like everyone else — but there's no need at all because it's always a pleasure to help an unrepentant sinner see the error of his ways.:D:thumbup

The story of anti-christ is not public information. Theologians know this.
They have never told the truth because they don't want to waist there efforts on a fake.

The point here is that the AC will be a theologian in political office. As such, he must be a member of a worldly church, right? 'Cause Jesus sure isn't going to endorse him. He'll be admired by the multitudes, even. Doesn't it make sense then when scripture says that that path to salvation [eternal life] is narrow and the path to damnation is wide?

Segestan
Tuesday, July 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
The point here is that the AC will be a theologian in political office. As such, he must be a member of a worldly church, right? 'Cause Jesus sure isn't going to endorse him. He'll be admired by the multitudes, even. Doesn't it make sense then when scripture says that that path to salvation [eternal life] is narrow and the path to damnation is wide?

He won't be a theologian. They ( the theologian) knows what has been given to them as knowledge to study and seek him out, , a story. Every human has a story , not all have such a high profile story like AC. But nevertheless ....It's all about drama.. really. The movement of events. The Theologian does not know the bigger picture.
Sorry to inform you ... You're God , even if existing , would have to be a bully and liar... because the soul of the human is no different that the soul of a god. Do you really believe that God created you for testing? If so than are you not apart of God himself? If so than God created all souls of himself.
And if so god judges himself. It is silly to think a god , an all-powerful being or soul, can create countless individuals who are never two of alike and judge them as worthy. If the soul of the mortal is to be judged it must be by a righteous assembly not a single creator.
AC would be a member of that assembly or an agent thereof...

ReinekeFuchs
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009, 05:27 AM
He won't be a theologian. They ( the theologian) knows what has been given to them as knowledge to study and seek him out, , a story.
There are many theologians with a myriad of personal convictions and opinions. There are also a a great variety of faiths within christianity as well as other religions — many of which lie outside the judeo-christian philosophy — and therefore don't focus on the AC as a central theme or contain him at all.

Every human has a story , not all have such a high profile story like AC. But nevertheless ....It's all about drama.. really. The movement of events. The Theologian does not know the bigger picture.
How could he (the theologian)? He's an imperfect human with imperfect desires. His story is imperfect, i.e. without harmony. Basic Freudian psychology will testify to that.

Sorry to inform you ... You're God , even if existing , would have to be a bully and liar... because the soul of the human is no different that the soul of a god.
He would by nature have to be different. Because he created a perfect cosmos. A finely tuned biological, interplanetary symphony, if you will. This biological balance has only been seriously attacked worldwide within the last 60 years by science a la Monsanto. Why do you think the [far sighted] Norwegian government has found it necessary to establish the 'Doomsday Seedbank' in a bunker on Spitzbergen? Because humans corporations are assuming the role of God by PATENTING plant and animal life forms!

Do you really believe that God created you for testing?
Of course not! THAT is the silliest notion I've ever heard! :D

If so than are you not apart of God himself?

We're created in His image.

If so than God created all souls of himself.
You've got it.

And if so god judges himself. It is silly to think a god , an all-powerful being or soul, can create countless individuals who are never two of alike and judge them as worthy.
The criteria isn't whether you are like God but rather whether you're humble like Him and therefore are able to love Him. Because God's adversary is arrogance.

If the soul of the mortal is to be judged it must be by a righteous assembly not a single creator.
You have to accept that He who wields absolute creative power has the right to the last word in these matters. Maybe you prefer a tribunal, i.e. an assembly. I believe tyo a degree such an assembly has been summoned to a degree in order to accomodate your wishes: The 12 apostles who will rule with Christ. This is all very clearly explained in scripture.

AC would be a member of that assembly or an agent thereof...
He has the power to take you with him — to a finite existence and permanent nonexistence. Also called death. There is a choice.
Many modern scientists (especially astronomers, chemists and biologists) have claimed that, based on science, they feel compelled to believe in the judeo-christian God and Christ.
Food for thought.:thumbup

Segestan
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM
There are many theologians with a myriad of personal convictions and opinions. There are also a a great variety of faiths within christianity as well as other religions — many of which lie outside the judeo-christian philosophy — and therefore don't focus on the AC as a central theme or contain him at all.

How could he (the theologian)? He's an imperfect human with imperfect desires. His story is imperfect, i.e. without harmony. Basic Freudian psychology will testify to that.

He would by nature have to be different. Because he created a perfect cosmos. A finely tuned biological, interplanetary symphony, if you will. This biological balance has only been seriously attacked worldwide within the last 60 years by science a la Monsanto. Why do you think the [far sighted] Norwegian government has found it necessary to establish the 'Doomsday Seedbank' in a bunker on Spitzbergen? Because humans corporations are assuming the role of God by PATENTING plant and animal life forms!

Of course not! THAT is the silliest notion I've ever heard! :D

We're created in His image.

You've got it.

The criteria isn't whether you are like God but rather whether you're humble like Him and therefore are able to love Him. Because God's adversary is arrogance.

You have to accept that He who wields absolute creative power has the right to the last word in these matters. Maybe you prefer a tribunal, i.e. an assembly. I believe tyo a degree such an assembly has been summoned to a degree in order to accomodate your wishes: The 12 apostles who will rule with Christ. This is all very clearly explained in scripture.

He has the power to take you with him — to a finite existence and permanent nonexistence. Also called death. There is a choice.
Many modern scientists (especially astronomers, chemists and biologists) have claimed that, based on science, they feel compelled to believe in the judeo-christian God and Christ.
Food for thought.:thumbup

Like all good Christians... you have a noble sense of morality and are endowed with a strong sense of duty in faith. More power to you.

But You miss the whole point... If god created than his signature is you. Therefore he judges his own works.... Not what is YOU!

Peace:)

ReinekeFuchs
Saturday, August 1st, 2009, 04:33 AM
Like all good Christians... you have a noble sense of morality and are endowed with a strong sense of duty in faith. More power to you.
Thank you kindly, sir.

But You miss the whole point... If god created than his signature is you. Therefore he judges his own works.... Not what is YOU!
Peace:)
Here you're confusing me somewhat, Segestan. I see it as God created in his image. With his signature, if you will. This image and signature was at some point, to some degree polluted. Meaning: God is forced to judge his own works which have been corrupted by a third party to deviate from natural harmony. If you closely analyze the Roman Catholic faith and the views of the 16th century physician Paracelus (aka Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim) regarding it and the nobles — as well as the intellectuals of the time — , you will [in my opinion] find that I'm at least not completely off the mark. At the same time I do not profess to be a theologian, but simply seek to decode the writing on the wall.
Although it's essentially the same substance matter, this material by Herbert W. Armstrong may be of interest to you or others on the topic:
http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=book&q=1194.6.0.0
http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=book&q=1194.6.0.4