View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead

Nordhammer
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 12:47 AM
When there's no more room in hell,
the dead will walk the earth.

http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/

blut-ehre
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 01:32 AM
i was thinking of see that for the reason i was looking for a scary movie. but the storyline seems kind of pointless - though i did like those dusk till dawn movies O.o anyway i think i'll just see secret window instead of dawn of the dead.

Awar
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure which zombie-movie by Romero I've seen, but I know it was quite good.
It didn't rely so much on cheap scares as it did on more complex and more real fears.

I hope this remake is good, I plan on seeing it.

Nordhammer
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Return of the Living dead series is the most ghoulish and scary, IMO. Evil Dead 2 is also good.

Louky
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 03:06 AM
I've seen all of 'em: Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead, and Dawn of the Dead. They're all great, but I'm glad they're remaking Dawn of the Dean 'cause that was the scariest.

I stayed up to see the 10 minute trailer the other night and I think I'd rather see it than Passion (what's wrong with me?). Oh well, they're kind of similar movies.

Awar
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 03:16 AM
In both films some Jews resurrect from the dead. :D

Mandible
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Zombies shouldn't be able to run. There's a rule about that.

cosmocreator
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 06:00 AM

Especially if they're in a state of rigor mortis. :zombie

Louky
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 11:27 AM
In both films some Jews resurrect from the dead. :D
And only the few are saved.:evil

Abby Normal
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Return of the Living dead series is the most ghoulish and scary, IMO. Evil Dead 2 is also good.
I love those cheesy yet creepy cult classics. I've seen them all, and I can't get enough of 'em. In fact, my avatar is from Night of the Living Dead. ;)

Louky
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I love those cheesy yet creepy cult classics. I've seen them all, and I can't get enough of 'em. In fact, my avatar is from Night of the Living Dead. ;)
I recognize your avatar. It's right before the little darling reaches for the garden shears for Mommy.

Krampus
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 01:33 AM
I saw the movie today. It wasn't the miscegenation fest I thought it would be...in fact the beginning of the movie is somewhat deceiving. The most intelligent characters in the movie are in fact of white Euro stock, which is a contrast to the original version of the movie which featured a black man as a superior leader of the other two white males. There is of course one good Negro to offset the other one who turns out to be the idiot of the film. Spoiler: The Zombie child is a product of miscegenation heh heh.

Nordhammer
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 02:12 AM

The ones that are decayed, granted. But these are fresh zombies. :)

I personally liked the more ghoulish approach with Return of the Living Dead. They were also animate regardless of the brain.

AngryPotato
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 04:08 AM
I thought it was an OK flick and a good one for a zombie film. The negras and the russian stuck right out to me in the beginning. I'm glad they ended up the way they did and who took care of that nice little 21st century American family. I had no problem with how Ving was portrayed in the movie. USMC + PO usually = bad ass. The funniest part of the movie had to be the shooting of the celebrity look alike zombies. It was worth the $6 to see it, but my mate got up at the credits and left. We missed the special ending.

blut-ehre
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 05:51 AM
Spoiler: The Zombie child is a product of miscegenation heh heh.

what zombie child isn't a product of that ? ;)