PDA

View Full Version : Server Crash

Aeternitas
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
We experienced a HDD crash and due to this, as you noticed, the forum was unavailable for ca. 1,5 days. Unfortunately, we have lost the postings, private/instant messages, reputation comments and so on, from the last 13 hours during which the forum was up. Members who registered during this time will also have to reregister. We're sorry for the inconvenince.

Liberator Germaniae
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
:~( Thank you for telling us. I was absolutely furious when I could not log in on Friday night and the whole of Saturday. My weekend is spoilt. During the week I only have a few minutes each day to “jorl” around on Skadi, so I am always looking forward to Friday nights.

Carl
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Hard not to miss the breakdown! I hope everything is now alright - pity about any losses....it is very useful to be informed when things are under stress or problematic at (with) the central server! Thanks

Thusnelda
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I´m glad that everything is back to normal again! :) :thumbup First I had no informations about what happened, but there was a sticky thread on an other board, that explained all then.

Hoarsewhisper
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I hope nobody expired of Skadi-abstinences? Are anybody missed?:P

Peer
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Just a server crash? I already thought there is something more harmful (Mossad, MI5, MI6 or so). But anyway it was an annoying time without Skadi. By the way: www.vho.org was unreachable for the same time. Does Skadi have anything to do with Castle Hill Publishers where vho.org runs?

Peer

Sigurd
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Yesterday I was looking after my little brother to enable my parents to have a nice evening together ... and it became one of the most boring evenings of late. Not only was no one available of the people I generally talk to - but Skadi and BuB (since on the same server) were unavailable. Nordfolk probably saved my life, but when Skadi is missing for a couple of days, that's when you notice how much you're actually connected to the forum. Haunting, that... :D

Oswiu
Sunday, January 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I hope nobody expired of Skadi-abstinences?
It was a close one for me ... :fsweat:

Fjörgyn
Monday, January 8th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Vho.org and the most of their other domains are available again.

If it gives big problems with the server like this crash your will informed on grossdeutsches-vaterland.net. Thanks to Patria to set it to their anouncements and give informations about what is happened.

I hope that was the last big problem for the next years.

It can be that the server sometimes not reachable or the sites loads long, we are not complete ready with the settings and other things.

Hoarsewhisper
Monday, January 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM
It was a close one for me ... :fsweat:

IN CASE OF EMERCENCY - HOW TO SAVE LIVES

If similar lacks should occure again, take two sleepingpills and go to bed.

When you wake up, check if Skadi is up again, if not, take two more pills, and return to bed...

When you wake up, check if Skadi is up again, if not, take two more pills, and return to bed...

...USW.

This way it may be possible to hibernate until it is up and going...:P

Yes, yes, I know, but you do not have to thank me, I`m just doing my simple duty...

But seriously; 101 thanks to those that fixed and fixes the problem:worship

Blood_Axis
Monday, January 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I can tell you that I was worried that something bad had happened to Skadi and thank goodness it's back. Although I always hate it when posts are lost, it's good that the last back-up was from two days ago and not a week or more :P

P.S. luckily, I had a house guest, and thus, was busy throughout the weekend. Otherwise I don't know how I would've survived :wsg

Carl
Monday, January 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Well, Bloody Axis , some of my most extra-ordinary thoughts have also been lost - but we can all cope if we have to! So long as it was an innocent technical problem and not something more sinister......

Peer
Monday, January 8th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well, Bloody Axis , some of my most extra-ordinary thoughts have also been lost - but we can all cope if we have to! So long as it was an innocent technical problem and not something more sinister......

I read in some newsgroups that some sea-quakes occured as well. So lots of other websites weren't reachable.

Peer

CrimeHateCore
Sunday, February 4th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Good that the server is back!