PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Gift: Jewish Intelligence and Western Civilization

Tennyson
Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
This book written by Jewish eugenicist prof. Seymour W. Itzkoff examines the role of Jews in European history in a fair and even-handed manner.

Unlike Kevin Macdonald he also makes note of the positive accomplishments of the Jews while not attempting to hide the activities of Jews such as Franz Boas and Stephen Gould.

Read the review by John Glad
http://www.jewishpress.com/page.do/18624/The_Book_Shelf.html

After discussing the origins of human civilization and the role of intelligence as its determining factor, Itzkoff provides what reviewers like to call “a broad panorama” of Jewish history: Semitic interbreeding with Sumerian and Greco-Roman civilizations, the subsequent shaping of Jewish thought in the closed Talmudic world, and then the opening to the Enlightenment, which inevitably drew after it, first, emancipation and later the assimilation that – even as you read this review – is busily extinguishing the basis of future Jewish society as efficiently as the eraser on the tip of a No. 2 pencil. Itzkoff sees his task as no less than saving humanity by explicating its biological and historical roots.

Itzkoff’s ideological platform is straight-forward eugenics – a movement that was driven underground, not immediately after the end of World War II, but only a generation later – specifically after the Arab-Israeli war of 1967, when the Holocaust memorial movement was founded with its need for an image of the “enemy.” The assault on eugenics was led, for the most part, by liberal and leftist Jews with names like Gould and Lewontin, who declared, as evolutionary scientists, the triumph of nurture over nature. Itzkoff approaches both history and biology from a diametrically opposite view.
Ashkenazi Jews, Itzkoff points out emphatically, score better on IQ tests by a full Standard Deviation (15 points) than do European populations, perhaps even more. He views this genetic superiority as achieved by interbreeding with the elite of other civilizations in antiquity. Itzkoff emphasizes Jewish piety vis--vis the scholar, quoting an ancient rabbinical injunction: “To the future bridegroom: One should always sell everything one possesses in order to marry the daughter of a scholar; if one does not find a scholar’s daughter, he should marry the daughter of the great men of the generation (the communal leaders); if he does not find a daughter of great men, he should marry the daughter of the archisynogogi (lay head of the synagogue); if he does not find the daughter of the archisynogogi, he should marry the daughter of charity supervisors; he should marry the daughter of elementary teachers; but he should never marry the daughter of the people of the land (am haaretz/illiterates).”

The resulting superior genotype was, according to Itzkoff, further supported by the higher survival rate of children in the Middle Ages than was the case of their host populations. Thus the kernel of his argument is that Jews followed eugenic practices over the ages, their high intelligence permitting them to compete successfully with other populations that decimated their talented individuals in endless “suicidal” wars. The historical violence wrecked upon successful Jewry is thus presented as an “irrational” lashing out based on envy. The Jews, according to Itzkoff, were “a new ethnicity created out of a central religious vision.” Bred for intelligence and saved from interbreeding with the peoples in whose midst “enforced ghettoization” had embedded them, these disdained and powerless people in barely one and one half centuries used their high intellect to become leading figures in a Renaissance and Enlightenment.

Itzkoff provides details on Jews who were active in the eugenics movement. In Britain Joseph Jacobs (1854-1916) was a pupil of Sir Francis Galton and studied superior Jewish intellect, France’s Alfred Binet and Theodore Simon developed intelligence tests, and Wilhelm Stern in Germany developed the numeral concept of IQ. Itzkoff also points out that the elevated incidence of genetically transmitted diseases suffered by a highly inbred Jewish population (Tay-Sachs, Cystic Fibosis, Canavan, Goucher), has been largely eliminated in current populations by the rigid application of eugenic methodologies.

ladybright
Sunday, December 31st, 2006, 05:15 PM
I have not read this book but will look for it at the libriary now. It looks good to me. I think chosing your mate should include considering what they bring geneticaly. I do not favor laws that do more than restrict imbreeding. People with physical and mental challanges are still human and deserve a fair chance at success and happiness in my opinion.

Something that my father said many times while I was growing up.'The catholics took the smartest (priests,nuns,monks)out of the gene pool while the jews pressured their scholors and rabbis to marry and breed. Stupid christian rules. The jews were not alowed to own land or have most jobs then get pissed that they loan money. What were they supposed to do starve? ' Now my father is no member of the ADL but could not be annoyed at the stupidity of many of the antijew agruments that he has heard.