PDA

View Full Version : Celery

AlbionMP
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Celery

http://whfoods.org/images/food/celery.jpg

"Celery has become a common household staple along with carrots, onions and potatoes. Its crunchy texture and distinctive flavor makes it a popular addition to salads and many cooked dishes. Although it is available throughout the year, you will enjoy the best taste and quality of celery during the summer months when it is in season and locally grown varieties can be easily found in the markets.
Celery grows to a height of 12 to 16 inches and is composed of leaf-topped stalks arranged in a conical shape that are joined at a common base. It is a biennial vegetable plant that belongs to the Umbelliferae family whose other members include carrots, fennel, parsley and dill. While most people associate celery with its prized stalks, the leaves, roots and seeds can also be used as a food and seasoning as well as a natural medicinal remedy."

This is one of my favourite foods, delicious in soups and salads.

Check it out: http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=14

:dinner:

Alice
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of celery, though I use cream of celery soup in recipes on occasion. I feel certain, however, that a stalk of celery is made all the more palatable with a dollop of peanut butter. :D

Fortis_in_Arduis
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Albion, do you follow the hygienic diet?

SuuT
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 02:43 PM
My youngest daughter calls celery "crunchy water":D.

I love it, too. I carry a cooler around with me with it, broccoli, cauliflower, sliced purple peppers, and baby carrots (although I generally avoid root vegetables) in it.

Helps keep old man SuuT regular.

AlbionMP
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Albion, do you follow the hygienic diet?

What is the Hygienic Diet?

:)

Fortis_in_Arduis
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 07:32 PM
What is the Hygienic Diet?
:)

I thought it was what the Creativity people follow. You know, the Church of the World Creator people?

Fruitarian basically.

AlbionMP
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I thought it was what the Creativity people follow. You know, the Church of the World Creator people?

Fruitarian basically.

It could well be what the 'Creativity' disciples follow, sounds up their street.

:D