PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Opinion on Glocks?

Krampus
Saturday, February 21st, 2004, 04:02 AM
I'd like to hear some opinions on Glocks. Hate them or like them? I don't own one myself, but I'm considering a purchase a Glock 17, more for novelty's sake than anything. Both Norway and Austria(of course) use the Glock as their sidearm.

I don't care for how the media portrays the Glock as the choice of weapon for US ghetto gang members. I think it's inaccurate, and this portrayal is reinforced by rap music, which yaps about "popping caps" in somebody's rear end. I doubt that many gang members have Glocks, although it's possibly viewed as a status symbol like BMW's and Mercedes.

Tryggvi
Saturday, February 21st, 2004, 12:59 PM
I'd like to hear some opinions on Glocks. Hate them or like them? I don't own one myself, but I'm considering a purchase a Glock 17, more for novelty's sake than anything. Both Norway and Austria(of course) use the Glock as their sidearm.

I don't care for how the media portrays the Glock as the choice of weapon for US ghetto gang members. I think it's inaccurate, and this portrayal is reinforced by rap music, which yaps about "popping caps" in somebody's rear end. I doubt that many gang members have Glocks, although it's possibly viewed as a status symbol like BMW's and Mercedes.
You hardly will be able to find a more reliable semi-automatic pistol. The G17 is a superb tactical weapon under any situation, yielding both extreme reliability and accuracy (less than 1" at 30 yards). Never misfires, never fails to eject, never fails to feed. Very light, sleek black looks, easy to handle. Tested in extreme conditions. Will not fire when you drop it accidentally. With 0.25g BB's it is the ultimate killing machine. Safety (above the trigger) is a bit stiff.

One of the best guns ever made for that price. Get one and glock 'em down! ;)

Ewergrin
Saturday, February 21st, 2004, 02:20 PM
I don't care for Glocks because they feel unbalanced in my hand. For handguns, I prefer them to be of large caliber and heavy. I know that Glocks are very reliable and I know about their reputation. Still, Colt and Springfield beckon to me. My favorite handgun is the 1911A1. It is as if that gun was designed for my hand alone.

Also, seems as though 90% of the police officers that I see in the U.S. are carrying Glocks.

kinvolk
Friday, March 12th, 2004, 12:08 AM
I don't care for Glocks because they feel unbalanced in my hand. For handguns, I prefer them to be of large caliber and heavy. I know that Glocks are very reliable and I know about their reputation. Still, Colt and Springfield beckon to me. My favorite handgun is the 1911A1. It is as if that gun was designed for my hand alone.

Also, seems as though 90% of the police officers that I see in the U.S. are carrying Glocks.
The colt was the first semi auto and still the best. never had a ftf and ive probaly fired 5000 rounds thru it.With hollow point ammo itll suitr all your needs. Im a believer!

K0ff33
Saturday, April 17th, 2004, 11:07 PM
glock is a good choice for a pistol in,my opinion anyway.

though i think the 9mm round is a little on the weak side.

troops in iraq were grabbing captured ak47s because they were tank crews or sumtin and were not issued with rifles. wich goes to show you how much faith thay had in their 9mms.

the only reason we use the 9mm is because its a NATO round,our navy seals and spec ops use a .45 HK.

the one good think about a 9mm is extra amo capacity, but preban high cap clips for a glock are real expensive ,,if you want factory.

Prince Eugen
Sunday, April 18th, 2004, 08:07 PM
It's also in use at Hellenic 's Navy Underwater Demolition Unit.I believe it's good choice for SpecWar ops!!!!

Fraxinus Excelsior
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 01:55 AM
the only reason we use the 9mm is because its a NATO round,our navy seals and spec ops use a .45 HK.
Don't forget that the military had to accomadate the ever growing amount of females in its ranks. Women just couldn't handle the .45 ACP's.

K0ff33
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 02:07 AM
i rented out a .45 HK usp pistol at the range.

its really not very bad on recoil. from what i here in other forums they say its the softest shooting .45 there is.

its jus so dam expensive though.

Vestmannr
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Glocks are good pistols. However, I dont care for them. I'm an HK man myself. I do think the Glock trigger is much nicer than the original USP trigger though.

Sword Brethren
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I have 12 guns, I think my glock is my 2nd favorite, only behind my Ak-47...

I have my Glock 17 fitted with a Streamlight M-6 Tactical Laser/light combintation system.

I have a black hawk tactical gear holster for my glock with laser/light on it. It also holds 1 spare magazine. I have 4 magazines total, two 10 round, two 17 round. As soon as the high-capacity magazine ban dies, I plan to purchase ten more 17 round magazines.

stroker
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 12:20 PM

Australian Police also use Glocks.

I have to agree with Soil 1911 is a nice gun I'd go Springfield but there are many good quality 1911 manufactures. Good ability to customise and fits a larger hand more comfortably....Glocks grips seem to not fit the hand as well even with the longer clip. Go the stainless 1911 beautiful.......by all means get a baby glock for backup as these are great for ankle holsters that are going to cop a bit of sweat.

stroker
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I have 12 guns, I think my glock is my 2nd favorite, only behind my Ak-47...

I have my Glock 17 fitted with a Streamlight M-6 Tactical Laser/light combintation system.

I have a black hawk tactical gear holster for my glock with laser/light on it. It also holds 1 spare magazine. I have 4 magazines total, two 10 round, two 17 round. As soon as the high-capacity magazine ban dies, I plan to purchase ten more 17 round magazines.

Only in America:D :P :D

K0ff33
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Sword, im not sure if they are gonna repeal the law that limits handgun magazine capacity.

i do know the '' assult weapon ban'' is at the end of its life in september. it gets shot down if its not renewed. or they could even make it more strict. the 'AWB' is about bayonet lugs, flash hiders and adjustable stocks.

you really should check into it. because all the laws get really confuseing

Sword Brethren
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Sword, im not sure if they are gonna repeal the law that limits handgun magazine capacity.

i do know the '' assult weapon ban'' is at the end of its life in september. it gets shot down if its not renewed. or they could even make it more strict. the 'AWB' is about bayonet lugs, flash hiders and adjustable stocks.

you really should check into it. because all the laws get really confuseing

The Magazine ban will die with the AW ban. Both are set to expire at the same time. They currently have no plans to attempt to renew either.

K0ff33
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 11:28 PM
good , i hope to hell your right:)

i went to numrich gun parts and got a 30rd. aftermarket mag for my berreta. its cheesy,no where near as nice as factory but its functional.

pro-mags make all kinds of cheap aftermarket magazines that may or maynot work.as far as glocks are concerned.

Nordraserei
Saturday, November 19th, 2005, 01:25 AM
You hardly will be able to find a more reliable semi-automatic pistol. The G17 is a superb tactical weapon under any situation, yielding both extreme reliability and accuracy (less than 1" at 30 yards). Never misfires, never fails to eject, never fails to feed. Very light, sleek black looks, easy to handle. Tested in extreme conditions. Will not fire when you drop it accidentally. With 0.25g BB's it is the ultimate killing machine. Safety (above the trigger) is a bit stiff.

One of the best guns ever made for that price. Get one and glock 'em down! ;)
The Glock 17 is pretty decent. I like the 17 round capacity, but I don't feel .9mm is the best. I prefer a .45mm, and more specifically an HK .45mm.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Nordraserei/Weapons/HK.jpg

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
The glock would be great to pistol whip posers like you.Did you wonder how i knew she was in ranks.

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005, 06:26 PM
Hey shit head bet you not even a VET. Have you even be in the trenches?

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Fucken Posers Make Me Sick !!!!!!!!!

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
You Going To Call The Feds On Me Like The Other Posers Are Doing Fuck You All