PDA

View Full Version : Capoid appearence in a Berber

morfrain_encilgar
Wednesday, February 18th, 2004, 02:02 AM
We are all familiar with the Negroid features of some North Africans (I think they contributed to subsaharan Negroids). But I think this Berber shows descent from a type ancestral to modern Capoids.

http://www.danheller.com/images/Africa/Morocco/Berbers/Slideshow/img7.html

Allenson
Wednesday, February 18th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Perhaps I'm hallucinating or something but I'm wondering Atlanto-Med, if you might have somehow mixed up the pics for your two Berber threads. In my opinion, this woman: http://www.danheller.com/images/Afr...eshow/img7.html doesn't look Capoid and nor does the fellow you posted: http://www.danheller.com/images/Afr...eshow/img3.html look British.... ?

Agrippa
Wednesday, February 18th, 2004, 06:02 PM
We are all familiar with the Negroid features of some North Africans (I think they contributed to subsaharan Negroids). But I think this Berber shows descent from a type ancestral to modern Capoids.

This girl is a pure Europid of the more robust and lighter Mediterranid variant you can often see in Berbers.
No way to see any Capoid/Khoisanid admixture.

Probably you meant this girl:
http://www.danheller.com/images/Africa/Morocco/Berbers/berber-f-big.jpg

morfrain_encilgar
Wednesday, February 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I was referring to the picture that I posted.

Frans agrees with me that the girl I described as Capoid may show a descent from the unreduced Capoids of the Sahara region.

He says

It might go back to 1) a capid strain, 2) a Boskop strain(part Cromagnon) or 3) associated to Cromagnon and Arabid proper as a special adaptation device in a desert environment, the latter is in Lundman's view a gracilized low-vaulted Cromagnid.

Agrippa
Wednesday, February 18th, 2004, 06:57 PM
The facial expression of the girl is just misleading.

I'm absolutely sure that from another angle she would never look for anybody Khoisanid.

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, February 19th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Coon assumed that the Mouillian Mechtoids mixed with local Aterians "producing a population with short , broad faces, flattish upper faces, alveolar prognathism, and square jaws".
The Aterians themselves would be driven out southward beyond the Sahara.
Afalou 40 had upper facial flatness which suspiciously falls in the Bushmen range and I am not certain if Coon didn't hint on appointing this specimen as forerunner of the Borreby race; the Ofnet Brachycephals are arranged due to their thick-walled and large-headed skull affairs to the latter, however their steep low forehead, pronounced cheekbones and skull shape make it too unlikely to be simply considered a reduced Borreby and pre-Alpinoid.
The face is dwarfish and has a shallow mandible, hence why Ofnet are linked to the Lappid race.
Comparing their skull design in profile with the Cromagnoid-Khoisanid of Wilton and Springbok(South Africa) I noticed interesting similarities: the formation of the forehead and the voluminious skull with flat vault is virtually the same, only the occiput is closer to the more evolved Europoid of Springbok.

Both, Bushmen and Lapps wrinkle enormiously with the aging process due to a thin skin and reduced subcutaneous fat.

It's mere parallelism, induced by a common Cromagnoid/Caucasoid progenitor, or in more neutral terms, a special cut-off branch evolving progressively and out from the Mittlere Rassenlinie, undergoing life zone speciation and mixing with Dama and Negrids producing in Southern Africa the Sanid people.
There is imo little which doesn't hint that while the definite origins of Negrids lays in obscurity, their formation must have been of very late epochs, since the available samples of prehistoric men in Africa appears to be morphologically either Caucasoid or Australoid, often though with a slight *embryonal* Negrid-Khoisanid touch on them.

It would be fascinating to test out the theory of *pygmees* in neolithic Switzerland in respect to my exposition here, while risking a slithery in disbelief and derision, but a hypothesis involving a vanished relict race between European Cromagnoids and Springbok-Wilton types, maybe even some northern offshoot of the Aterian folk surviving in remote isolated areas in Central Europe is nevertheless fascinating and worth a deeper look.
Maybe Atlanto-med can furnish us next time some random information and links pertaining to these Swiss *Pygmees*.

Besides, Atlanto-med, the answer to the question if the Lappids are sinodont as the Sanids, is a sound yes.

East Europeans have small teeth compared with the relatively large teeth of the Scandinavian, a peculiarity deriving from an age-old genetic distinction. Ancient skulls tell usthat the early settlers of east Europe were mostly descendants of an ancient east European population which lived in prolonged isolation from the Scandinavians. Perhaps the "Siberian" element in Finnish genes is, in fact, east European in origin?
The Samis, too, have comparatively small teeth, which has been cited as evidence that they are descendants of the small-toothed Mesolithic population of east Europe. Archaeological findings and genetic evidence nevertheless fail to back up this theory. Have the small teeth of the Samis evolved in isolation, or are they a later genetic trait? If we take the latter alternative, we should perhaps consider the contributing role of those settlers who migrated to the Sami region from the northern parts of Finland and east Karelia. There is archaeological evidence of such northbound migration from the Bronze Age and the early Iron Age.

http://sydaby.eget.net/swe/jp_finns.htm

Euclides
Friday, March 5th, 2004, 01:23 AM

According with Coon in his Book '' the living races of man'', the Capoids inahibitated North Afrika in the past.

Getorix
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 04:02 AM
This thread is pathetic. She could go for a spaniard anytime.

Scoob
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 04:35 AM
This thread is pathetic. She could go for a spaniard anytime. I've never seen a Spaniard that looked like her. There's much more to this than general coloration, to someone whose eye is trained in this.

Getorix
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 05:13 AM
http://www.danheller.com/images/Africa/Morocco/Berbers/berber-e-big.jpg
Are we both talking about the same one? I'm not talking about colouration, but mere facial features. Feel free to point out the "Capoid" features. :)
I've seen many older spanish dancers who looked like her.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Go up one or two pictures. A few of these people do look like partial Capoids. All of these people have flat faces. Unfortunately, we can't see too much of the head due to clothes. Some white-black mixes look Capoid. This may be because of the old Capoid ancestry of the Negro people.

Getorix
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Ahh, this one is a completely different matter:http://www.danheller.com/images/Africa/Morocco/Berbers/berber-f-big.jpg
Here's a pure Capoid woman:
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/1715/race_capoid.jpg

Scoob
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, the NE Africans have some genes in common with the modern Khoisan - who have been marginalized by the Bantu expansion. So for a NW African Berber to have some Capoid genes is not out of the question IMO.

morfrain_encilgar
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 05:39 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, the NE Africans have some genes in common with the modern Khoisan - who have been marginalized by the Bantu expansion. So for a NW African Berber to have some Capoid genes is not out of the question IMO.

There are Capoids in eastern Africa and that is where they seem to have emerged, according to the parental lineages. And the paternal haplogroup I is even found in Sardinia as well as in the Capoid populations of Africa. If Capoids contributed to the Sardinians, then they must have got there through northern Africa, somehow.

Getorix
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 06:11 PM
What exactly is the point of this thread? Berbers are still Mediterranids.

Finnish people are still predominantly Caucasian even though some have Lappish ancestry. There's really not much to debate.

morfrain_encilgar
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 06:54 PM
What exactly is the point of this thread? Berbers are still Mediterranids.

Finnish people are still predominantly Caucasian even though some have Lappish ancestry. There's really not much to debate.

Well thats true, but Caucasoids emerged by hybridisation. That, is what explains the diversity of Caucasoids, and within certain other races as well.

Getorix
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
That, is what explains the diversity of Caucasoids, and within certain other races as well.

Arh, that's a bit far out.

But that depends on what you're talking about here. If you mean hybridization of different races.

I don't consider Lapps, forexample, to be a subrace merely because they have mixed with Mongoloids.

I'd say climate and milieu has a bit more to say in this matter. forexample, the myth that states Mediterranids simply emerged as a result of European and Negroid is absurd and isn't backed up by anything.

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, July 20th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Well thats true, but Caucasoids emerged by hybridisation. That, is what explains the diversity of Caucasoids, and within certain other races as well.

Subraces hybridized locally and limited in the passing of time from the mesolithic onwards, but perhaps not so intensively until the Metall Ages.

Before it is preferable to speak of zoothermic differentialized variants of Ur-Europoids, whether Brux, Obercassel, Mladec represent a fusion of both strains, or in the case of the two first mentioned specimens some tardive adaptation to deteriorating climatic conditions, is still open to debate.