PDA

View Full Version : What is My Ethnicity???

joseanton
Saturday, December 9th, 2006, 10:21 PM
What is my ethnicity?? my ancestors are mostly basques and andalucians, a few galicians, a few from asturias, a very little from france, but my family is in Peru for hundreds of years, my newest european ancestor was 150 years ago, so what is my ethnicity, mi tribe.

Thank you

Veritas Æquitas
Saturday, December 9th, 2006, 10:36 PM
You're ethnicity is just what you listed. But, if I was you I'd just put Western European. That's the difficulty with us New worlders: You can't just pin us to one ethnicity. We're a mix of Europeans.

Your tribe I would say Celtic. ie Galician, Basque, France (Gauls)

Jäger
Saturday, December 9th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Pick one.

Æmeric
Sunday, December 10th, 2006, 12:11 AM
According to the US Census Bureau you are Hispanic!:thumbup
Seriously this is a problem. You could say Peruvian but you would have to share that identity with non-Whites. Actually this why many Americans call themselves White, to distinguish themselves from non-Whites. If your ancestors are predominately from Spain & Spanish is your mother-tongue maybe you should refer to yourself as Spanish. It is no different then someone of Scottish, English & Welsh ancestry calling themselves British.

Baaß
Sunday, December 10th, 2006, 12:25 AM
What is my ethnicity?? my ancestors are mostly basques and andalucians, a few galicians, a few from asturias, a very little from france, but my family is in Peru for hundreds of years, my newest european ancestor was 150 years ago, so what is my ethnicity, mi tribe.

Thank you

Your nationality is Peruvian, your Ethnicity is Spanish, and your tribe is Celtic/Iberian, I would say.