PDA

View Full Version : Gifts...

Slå ring om Norge
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM

A Mighty Spirit occured before your eyes, and gave you a choice between these gifts...;)

Which one did you prefer?

And why?

Oski
Friday, December 8th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I voted knowledge.

With knowledge you can obtain all the other options.

Japetos
Friday, December 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Power.
Because it's come from all others.

Enibas
Friday, December 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I choose knowledge.

I am satisfied with my appearance.
I already have honour and I´m faithful.
Too much wealth ruins the character .
But you cannot have too much knowledge.
Knowledge contains science.
Knowledge is power.

Blood_Axis
Friday, December 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM
You forgot Health, which IMO is the fundamental prerequisite for all of the above. ;)

Enlil
Friday, December 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Hm, what do you mean with Science?

I guess I have all of the rest though, except wealth (and modesty :-D)

Seriously, I voted Knowledge, Enibas explained it well.

Slå ring om Norge
Friday, December 8th, 2006, 12:14 PM
You forgot Health, which IMO is the fundamental prerequisite for all of the above. ;)

Agreed, health is basical.

I thought about that, but both health and love are fruits of knowledge, the creative power, IMO.

Health may also be achieved through faith, science and beauty...

The model of these 7 is also an ancient model, that implies just these aspects....And it should be 7, not 6 or 8.

Bridie
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Money, money, money! :D That covers power as well since money is power.

I could achieve so much if I were unbelievably rich!! :thumbup :thumbup

Too much knowledge is a bad thing in my opinion. As with everything there needs to be a balance... just look at the problems our information age is currently causing for young people. :( There needs to be some mystery and necessity of faith left for people to feel truly inspired and alive I think. Gaining knowledge means losing innocence... and innocence, to an extent, is a beautiful thing. :) Why bother going on living if there is nothing left to explore or uncover in life? If everything is already known, life would become tedious and mundane...

And anyway, without the wisdom to regulate and prioritise the proposed degree of knowledge a person would go mad I think.

Weg
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 09:41 AM
None of the above. Charisma.

Bridie
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 01:34 PM
None of the above. Charisma.

:-O

What do you need even more charisma for Weggles?? ;) Don't be greedy now ---> :2girls

GreenHeart
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I voted knowledge.

With knowledge you can obtain all the other options.

And strangely enough, I was going to give the exact same reply before I saw yours! :|

Thusnelda
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I voted for "Beauty". Not because I think its the most important thing of all, but because you can get other gifts more easier by beauty.

If you are beauty, you can become rich ("High society"..."marry a rich old men" etc.) easier. You can become famous, too. "Ugly" persons become famous only in a negative way. And beautiful persons have it also easier to get into positions of influence and power. A big part of beauty is charisma, and charismatic persons are prefered when it comes to questions of power and influence.

And if you are beauty and rich, you can spend more money for your health and fitness.

So, to put it in a nutshell, a person who is not so beautiful has it very hard to get rich, to become famous, to become powerful and to stay healthy. Our society is somehow sick, and the external looks are more important than the inner, true character. Sad enough, buts its the reality.

Weg
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 03:32 PM
:-O

What do you need even more charisma for Weggles?? ;) Don't be greedy now ---> :2girls

You know what they say : the more you have, the more you want. And all I want is more! I always wanna more! :P Eternal dis/uns/atisfied.

Patrioten
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I voted power. I would want to have the power to lead my nation to its salvation and thus saving Sweden from its impending doom. Then i would live happily ever after in some remote village, spending my time in the woods and in a cozy cabin, striving towards reclaiming my peace of mind, and the genuine joyfulness and warmth which the multi cultural nightmare has taken away from me.

Oswiu
Monday, December 18th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Knowledge without power leads to despair. I share Patriot Patrik's sentiments above.

Weg
Monday, December 18th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Power without charisma is despotism.

AlbionMP
Monday, December 18th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Power.

Seems like a few of us are looking for this phenomenon.

Funny really, because I just got a book out from the Library called:

"The Third Reich in Power", by Richard J. Evans.

I believe Power is a Gift of Eternity, given out in Time, through a clear River of Life.

:sonar

OneEnglishNorman
Monday, December 18th, 2006, 06:59 PM
None of them!

All I desire is the power to perform a Jedi Force Choke:

http://www.utdallas.edu/%7Ectf031000/VIG/choke.jpg

I cannot guarantee that such a power would not be abused...............

but failing that, Knowledge obviously. Knowledge + Jedi Force Choke, I would be a happy man.

AlbionMP
Monday, December 18th, 2006, 07:25 PM

I'm sure many people would believe you.

I can see them queuing for a Jedi Force Choke, delivered by OneFrenchSaxon - the best Jedi Force Choker in town.

:D

Patrioten
Monday, December 18th, 2006, 07:26 PM
None of them!

All I desire is the power to perform a Jedi Force Choke:

http://www.utdallas.edu/%7Ectf031000/VIG/choke.jpg

but failing that, Knowledge obviously. Knowledge + Jedi Force Choke, I would be a happy man.Evryone knows that only the Sith possess such evil forces ;) :P .

Slå ring om Norge
Monday, December 25th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I agree, with knowledge, all the rest may be obtained.
The masterkey.

D'Vadder
Monday, December 25th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I've voted for knowledge. With knowledge you are able to make money and with money you have power! I've you have power there's no need to be beautiful! :D