PDA

View Full Version : Why is God so different in the Old Testament and in the New Testament?

Boromir
Tuesday, October 1st, 2002, 07:59 PM
For most of my life I was never relgious. As a young boy I had to go to church every Sunday with my parents and brothers and sister.

But even then I wouldn't pay much attention.But over the last few months I started reading more into the bible. And I just a little confused over it.

In the Old Testament god seems to be a god of vengance, hate and murder and choose the Isrealis as his people.

And then in the New Testament he's a god of love and peace but can come across like a stern father. It almost seems like two completly diffrent books rolled up in one.

Now I'm not trying to spark a religious debate here I don't know the book that well I'm just trying to get enlightened here a bit.

What is God? Who is he? There's two completely different gods it seems to me in the Bible. Can anyone shed a little light on it?

Legio_Melita
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002, 08:15 AM
That's actually a very good observation. In fact, the Jew's Talmud is just the Old Testament of the Catholic Bible. That should explain a few things based on what you've come to know from the Old Testament.
The New Testament is supposed to be the "Revolution" with the arrival of Jesus Christ, but as our good friends Vaginal Jesus put it, "Jesus Was Nothing But A Fucking Jew" :entertain

Boromir
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by D_SINNER
, "Jesus Was Nothing But A Fucking Jew" :entertain

I hear alot of that but I cant seem to find it in the bible that Jesus was a jew.In babtist church they say that god,jesus,and the holy ghost are the same one power.I do see though on the other hand how christanity can be rooted to juden.There is a local church I pass up everyday on my way to work and sometimes there is a bus outside that says"jews for jesus" on the side.Also I make trips twise a month to the south part of MO and along the way there is a small church out in the middle of nowhere that has a american flag and also a iserali flag flying outside the church.After seeing all of this I knew better to talk to a priest of the jewish question of relgion in the bible.Anymore there all corupted. What im asking here is there anyway that this relgion can be a white mans relgion that has been twisted and couropted into a clever jews work or is it the opposiste?I would like to hear all sides if possible and any links to religous talk would greatly appreciated.

Legio_Melita
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002, 02:07 PM
I can't really see why Catholicism should be considered "white man's religion". If you read the Old Testament you'll find that god chose the Jews to be his people (and as the Jews they are they forsake him, worshipped a gold statue of a cow, and crucified his son)/

Ederico
Tuesday, October 8th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Christianity is not a White Men's religion because it is of Semitic origin. To my knowledge Jesus was a Jew. I am not much supportive of Christianity so I will let others do the talking, I am more fascinated with Aryan Religions/Mythologies/Traditions/Lores or whatever anyone wants to call them.

Sicklecellanemia
Sunday, October 13th, 2002, 08:05 AM
A lot of the Christian Identity groups believe that israel at one time was made up of mostly European stock.
They say that if you look at America or the British Isles 200 years from now you will think that the people there are brown and have always been brown. (hopefully we can prevent this prediction)
I have a couple of links if you are interested.
www.kingidentity.com or go to the White Camelia Knights of the Ku Klux Klan website.The WCKKKK has many links to Christian Identity sites.
I have been thinking a lot about religions as of late and have come to the conclusion that I have had far more ancestors who were Pagan than christian.
Remember that the christians stole most of their religion and traditions from Pagans, everything from their christmas tree and easter egg hunts to Halloween and the christian god rising from the dead.
I have been drawn to the Pagan religion of my ancestor's more and more lately.

golfball
Tuesday, January 21st, 2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Boromir
I hear alot of that but I cant seem to find it in the bible that Jesus was a jew.In babtist church they say that god,jesus,and the holy ghost are the same one power.I do see though on the other hand how christanity can be rooted to juden.There is a local church I pass up everyday on my way to work and sometimes there is a bus outside that says"jews for jesus" on the side.Also I make trips twise a month to the south part of MO and along the way there is a small church out in the middle of nowhere that has a american flag and also a iserali flag flying outside the church.After seeing all of this I knew better to talk to a priest of the jewish question of relgion in the bible.Anymore there all corupted. What im asking here is there anyway that this relgion can be a white mans relgion that has been twisted and couropted into a clever jews work or is it the opposiste?I would like to hear all sides if possible and any links to religous talk would greatly appreciated.

As this was asked about three months ago, since I just joined, maybe I can help shed a little light on this topic.

golfball
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2003, 10:22 PM
Since about 1946, the churches that practiced Christianity have fallen in number to less than 1000.

These new churches are called Judeo-christian churches.

The last book of the Holy Bible points these out in scripture. Lets look at these examples of those who use Christ to mislead others and call themselves Jews.

Revelation 2
8. And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
10. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
11. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

And,

Revelation 3
7. And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8. I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

After this comes the church age of the,

14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; these things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

We live in this church age now.

Milesian
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 04:39 PM
For most of my life I was never relgious.As a young boy I had to go to church every sunday with my parents and brothers and sister.But even then I wouldnt pay much attention.But over the last few months I started reading more into the bible.And I just a little confused over it.In the old testament god seems to be a god of vengence,hate and murder and choose the isrealis as his people.And then in the new Testament he's a god of love and peace but can come across like a stern father.It almost seems like two completly diffrent books rolled up in one.Now im not trying to spark a relgious debate here I dont know the book that well im just trying to get enlightend here a bit.What is God?Who is he?Theres two completly diffrent gods it seems to me in the Bible.Can anyone shed a little light on it?

The reason behind the seeming change in God's attitude is thus:
During the time of the Old Testament, man cannot enter Heaven.
No matter how good and obedient to God he has been, he cannot enter Heaven due to the sin of Adam (ie Original Sin).
Through envy, Satan tricked Adam and Eve to defy God.
This resulted in the gates of Heaven being closed to man.
All men are living in a state of sin, they are rebellious and disobedient children with stained souls.
God isn't unloving of course, he still helps them out in many ways.
But again and again, his "Chosen People" - the Hebrews, disobey him, disregard his will, worship dumb images created by themselves.

Eventually God tires of this, and sends the Messiah promised to them.
However, because of their unfaithfullness, he doesn't send them the Messiah they are looking for.
Instead of a great earthly king who will rout the enemies of the Jews, and establish them above all else, he sends them a spiritual king instead.
Born into poverty, promising no freedom from the Romans, no great military victory, no wordly prosperity, no earthly kingdom but rather a spiritual kingdom in the next life, the Jews (I suspect as much in denial and rage and disapointment, than simple unbelief) had him sentenced to death, where they mocked him before he died.

This blasphemous act finally disinherits the Jews.
They are no longer the "chosen" or the "children of God".
In fact Jesus explicitly says so, saying "...but you serve your father, the Devil..."
Instead, God gives this "chosen" status to the Gentiles, to any of them who choose to follow him.

Many shall come from the East and West and sit down with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of Heaven, but the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into the exterior darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. ~ St. Matthew viii.11-12

There is need of constant prayer lest we defect from the heavenly kingdom, as have the Jews to whom it was first promised. This the Lord makes unmistakably clear by saying: "Many will come from East and West and recline at the banquet table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of Heaven, whereas those born to the kingdom will be driven into the darkness outside, there to wail and gnash their teeth" ... Our Lord shows that the Jews were formerly children of the kingdom, but after the name "Father" disappeared from among them, so did the kingdom. The Jews have remained in darkness for having forsaken the light. ~ St. Cyprian

Some other writings that speak of the disinheritance:-

The faithlessness of the Synagogue is an insult to the Savior. Therefore, He chose the barque of Peter and deserted the boat of Moses; that is, He rejected the faithless Synagogue and adopted the believing Church ... Of these two ships, one is left at the shore, idle and empty; the other, loaded filled, is launched into the deep. For the Synagogue is left idle on the beach. Because of its own fault, it has lost Christ along with the warnings of the prophets. But the freighted Church is taken out into the deep, because it received the Lord together with the teaching of the Apostles. The Synagogue, I say, remains on the land, held fast as it were to earthly things. The Church is called forth to the deep, as though to search into the profound mysteries of Heaven. ~ St. Ambrose

Who is this younger child that overcomes the elder but the Gentiles, who struggle with Juda ... and who, though only the child of promise, supplants him who was the son according to the flesh? ~ Pope St. Leo the Great

Christ annuls the first Covenant to establish the Second. ~ Hebrews x.9

After the death of Jesus, the gates of Heaven are opened up again.
Those who were just but died before Jesus's time are allowed to enter.
Those who die there-after can also enter Heaven now.
Now that entry to Heaven is possible again, a new code of behaviour is needed.

Jesus also says that the rituals and moral instructions given to the Jews of old were given because their hearts were still hard. Almost like a concession.
Of Old the rule of revenge was "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". In the New Testament it is "Turn the other cheek".
The reason why we should not take revenge is because God tells us that it is his right to do so. "Vengence is mine, saith the Lord" .
However, beacuse it is easier to take revenge than to turn the other cheek, it was allowed to the Jews to exact their own revenge as a concession to their weak natures.

The difference is due to God raising the level of morality required, due to the potential rewards (Eternal Paradise) also being upped.

In other words, the stakes were raised :)

Also, the Talmud is not the same as the Old Testament.
The Talmud is a collection of Rabbinic writings specific to the Jews (Talmudists would be amore accurate term).
The Torah is the Old Testament.

Saoirse
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 06:08 PM
God wants to slaughter children, and every living thing on earth. I dont hate Christians themselves, but Christianity.

Milesian
Monday, August 11th, 2003, 06:42 PM
As far as I'm aware, Christianity has never called for human sacrifice.
The same can't be said for ancient Celtic religion.

Vigilant
Tuesday, August 12th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Instead of a great earthly king who will rout the enemies of the Jews, and establish them above all else, he sends them a spiritual king instead.Yes,Judaism is a this-worldly 'religion' which doesn't dwell on spirituality or the after-life.The Jews' God is their own ancestry - their 'holy seed'.Most of the rules their prophets gave them were cultural rules that kept them apart from gentiles:kosher food,the Sabbath,circumcision,and marriage restriction with gentiles for example.They're an ethnic group held together by a religious ideology.They have a racial purity hierarchy based on lineage and don't proselytise.The few converts they get aren't accepted for marriage to the purer groups(eg. rabbis) for at least seven generations.

A good book on the Jews' group strategy is A people that shall dwell apart by Kevin MacDonald.

Milesian
Tuesday, August 12th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Exactly, that is also another reason why Jews devote their lives to the accumulation of material wealth and power.
Just as the Pharisees error of observing pointless external human rituals at the expense of doing those things which are really required of them, so also the error of the Sadducees (disbelef in the ressurection and the next-life) seems to have become entrenched in Judaism.

As they do not think there is any life after they die, they suppose therefore that they should amass as much wealth and power here in this life, while they can.
I believe this is the primary reason behind Jewish materalism.

Yes, I had heard that although Jews like to "Judaise" other religions in order to facilitate their dominance and ideas and culture more easily into the world, they don't actually like people converting to Judaism.
I hear that only now are they grudgingly letting the black Ethiopian Jews have the same rights in Israel as the rest of the Jews.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for that book :thumbup