Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Where's Turkey in list?:|

Red Skull
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Why should Turkey be on the list?

Japetos
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Why should Turkey be on the list?
It's the same reason the East-European countries are there.

Red Skull
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
The Eastern European countries are European, and if not geographically, then at least genetically and culturally.

Blood_Axis
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
I also have a few additions (http://www.betna.com/coldwellbanker/nu/eng/images/bahrain.jpg) to suggest :bounce

Japetos
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:26 PM
The Eastern European countries are European, and if not geographically, then at least genetically and culturally.
If Russia,Bulgaria,Greece etc are European countries, at least genetically and culturally,I cannot understand why isnt Turkey.

Red Skull
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
If Russia,Bulgaria,Greece etc are European countries, at least genetically and culturally,I cannot understand why isnt Turkey.
Only Constantinople would be culturally, or maybe I should say historically, European. The Turkish people are not genetically European, nor is the Turkish culture European.

Japetos
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 02:34 PM
I also have a few additions (http://www.betna.com/coldwellbanker/nu/eng/images/bahrain.jpg) to suggest :bounce
Hmm,I think the Russian/Greek Byzantine architecture are more related to Turkish.
I know I am right.;)

Weg
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Hmm,I think the Russian/Greek Byzantine architecture are more related to Turkish.
I know I am right.;)

Because of the chapka and this? :P

http://www.clickiran.com/foreign/images/kremlin-1.jpg

Siegfried
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Anatolia's Indo-European cultures underwent a process of Islamisation and Turkification. It is now a twilight zone where Europe meets the Middle East and Central Asia. By and large, the people should not be considered European.

Thusnelda
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Where's Turkey in list?:|
Seeing a turkish flag makes me feel uncomfortable and even a little bit aggressive...:P

So please dont include this flag into Skadi.

Chlodovech
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Two weeks ago, I had an info session on the optional entry of the Turks in the EU - a friend of mine arranged a professor to speak for a little group - this friend assured me; the professor would be of an anti-EU signature.

Not so. I had to listen a whole evening to his neo-Marxist ("the Bosporus as a border is a romantic myth"), pro-Belgian ,pro-NWO ("if it was up to me, there was a one world government"), pro-Eu rethorics - stuff you'd read in a paper anyway.

In the end, the man was asked what the great benefit would be of Turkey entering the EU, if you view the issue from the side of member countries. He remained silent for a whole minute, even got blushing cheeks, then the professor said: 'The human reservoir, the immigrants - they'll save our social security'.

Yeah, nothing beats an education at the university.

Siegfried
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
In the end, the man was asked what the great benefit would be of Turkey entering the EU, if you view the issue from the side of member countries. He remained silent for a whole minute, even got blushing cheeks, then the professor said: 'The human reservoir, the immigrants - they'll save our social security'.

Yeah, nothing beats an education at the university.

Turkey borders on Syria, Iran and Iraq. Turkey is therefore of geopolitical interest in dealing with the Middle East. Its a great place for the Atlantic powers to position their rockets, fuel their aircraft, etc. It is very well possible that the USA are encouraging Turkey's EU membership in the hope that it will give them easier access, while several EU heads actually hope it will give them an edge in dealing with the USA. There's no doubt more to the issue than this, but I think it's definitely a factor.

Liberator Germaniae
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
I know I am right.;)

(Turkic) Islamic architecture has borrowed heavily from Byzantine architecture and not vice versa.

Turks who came from Central Asia have dispossessed Anatolia from the Greeks who used to live there already before 1000 BC. Smyrna, in the 19th century a city with a greater Greek population than Athens, today only has two (Turkish) families of Greek descent. What has happened? And what has become of the Germans living in the Ottoman Empire, who were known as the "Bosporus-Deutsche"? Have they too been dispossessed and expelled after WWII?

The illegal Turkish invasion of Northern Cyprus and the associated inaction of the international community towards Turkey is one more reason why Turkey should never be included in the EU as well as Skadi-Net.

Siegmund
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Historically, both then and now, the Turks are the invaders and decimators of Europe. They cannot be considered European by any standard other than conquest.