PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the Obersalzberg

Götzi
Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 04:51 PM

Götzi
Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 04:55 PM

Horst Eckel
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Appart from its historical importance, the Alps near Berchtesgaden are Germanys most impressive Landscape, from my point of view.
If someone wants to arrange an excursion to Eagles Nest, here is how to find it:
http://www.kehlsteinhaus.de/de/anfahrt/?navid=6
(That is in the rightmost down corner of the BRD, not far from Salzburg, Austria.)

Carl
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Its nice there . We once stayed on the mountainside.

Nordmann
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Schöne Fotos.

Kaiser
Saturday, November 25th, 2006, 12:39 AM
One of the WWII era American crewmen of the B-24 Liberator was on the first bombing missions against this target. He is a friend of mine. I would be interested to know what kind of damage was sustained and what type of post war renovations were carried out on this historic landpiece. Was everything restored to pre-war status? Has modernizations taken place? Is it held in private hands/who?

I visited a few places in Germania that were restored but have not made it here yet. One of my organizations is named Eagles' Nest, however. And our local Girl Scout's troop is also name Eagle's Nest. I have had jews attack me for this already. I think it is a regal name, indeed.

Besides, Eagles do not flock. We soar together!

Carl
Saturday, November 25th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I went there a long time ago . It was still in some disrepair but the scenery was wonderful (of course!). Wasnt it subsequently converted into an hotel - at one stage surely by the Americans?? - or am I wrong there. Clearly the complex is now extensively restored .

Horst Eckel
Saturday, November 25th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I'm sure, this Site can give you many answers: http://www.roland-harder.de/obersalzberg/historisches/teehaus_mooslahnerkopf.html
Even if you don't understand the German Language, click on the Links listed on both sides to get many interesting pictures such as Herman Görings and Martin Bormanns Cottages, the demolished SS-Barracks, and, of course, Hitlers estates.

mit deutschem Gruß,
Horst