PDA

View Full Version : What is the Purpose of User Notes?

Milesian
Tuesday, August 19th, 2003, 06:18 PM
I notice in each member's profile is an option to either view or add a User Note. Is this a comment on a member by mods for other mods?
If so, is it visible only to Mods?

Thorburn
Thursday, August 21st, 2003, 02:18 AM
Nope, I can view but I can't edit or add any user notes

Haldís
Saturday, August 12th, 2006, 05:44 AM
i just noticed the user notes in the profile of members. this is a nice feature :) who can post them and who can view them?

Leofric
Saturday, August 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I know we can post them. Both Parsifal and Oswiu have posted some for me, and I have posted some on other members. I can see those notes.

I don't know whether non-mods can see/post them. Maybe we should ask Blood Axis to test it for us. :)

Fjörgyn
Saturday, August 12th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Can posted and seen by Staff and Funding Members (http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=362802&postcount=21).

Aeternitas
Saturday, August 12th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Only Staff and Funding Members can post and view them. I think only Senior Staff can manage user notes though.

Taras Bulba
Sunday, November 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
What exactly is purpose of these User notes? I keep finding them in peoples profiles. Can somebody explain this to me?

Anyways...thank you to the people who posted notes in my profle. I greatly appreciate it. :)

Fjörgyn
Sunday, November 12th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Normally usernotes are only for Admins and Mods, so they can post bad things about users ;)

It was changed that all regular members can use it to post nice messages for other users.
It can be used like a guestbook.

Taras Bulba
Monday, November 13th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Oh ok.....still dont quite understand the concept, but oh well. :shrug

Red Skull
Monday, November 13th, 2006, 12:08 AM
It is a guestbook. Consider it a Public Message, vis-ā-vis the Private Message.

Oswiu
Monday, November 13th, 2006, 12:19 AM
I hate them, because I never feel witty enough to make them for other people. :weep

OneEnglishNorman
Wednesday, January 30th, 2008, 11:06 PM
It's annoying when you post a note, but a few hours later the image link is broken :o and you need to edit it to fix the picture.

No big deal.............................

OneEnglishNorman
Monday, June 9th, 2008, 01:16 PM
"User notes are a low brow waste of time blahblahblah" :p

But anyway, we have Visitor Messages now, so should one of these features be ditched, or keep things how they are?

Blood_Axis
Monday, June 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
What are 'visitor messages'? :confused: :p

Freydis
Monday, June 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Go on your profile, Blaxis <3 <3

Usernotes always seemed to be useless to me. Visitor messages remind me of social networking, but I guess they're a better way to chat with someone than using rep points.

Mrs. Lyfing
Monday, June 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I never used User Notes but I like the Visitor Messages.

Blood_Axis
Monday, June 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think they're both fine for whoever likes to use them. Why bother about every little technical aspect that's hardly a nuisance anyway? :)

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, June 15th, 2008, 04:12 AM
I agree with Blood Axis. I don't see why having two alternatives would bother anyone. Besides I looked at some member profiles and they have a nice collection of user notes or visitor messages. If one of the features was removed, these nice messages would disappear and that will result in more complaining. :rolleyes: