PDA

View Full Version : Peritonitis and Abdominal Sepsis

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, November 9th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Peritonitis and abdominal sepsis

by R. Peralta, T. Genuit , L. Napolitano, et.al.

Peritonitis is defined as inflammation of the serosal membrane that lines the abdominal cavity and the organs contained therein. Peritonitis is often caused by introduction of an infection into the otherwise sterile peritoneal environment through perforation of the bowel, such as a ruptured appendix or colonic diverticulum. The disease may also be caused by introduction of a chemically irritating material, such as gastric acid from a perforated ulcer or bile from a perforated gall bladder or a lacerated liver. In women, localized peritonitis most often occurs in the pelvis from an infected fallopian tube or a ruptured ovarian cyst.

Full article:
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2737.htm

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Get well Frans. My mother developed this condition and it required surgery. She was on a respirator for awhile. This is a very serious matter.

Ebonygirl
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Peritonitis is certainly a very serious matter! Befor the development of Antibiotics, for example Penicilline, most patients died.

Jantelover
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 06:16 AM
When I was 10 years old I experienced four days of persistent generalized abdominal pain. It turned out to be peritonitis caused by an infected and ruptured appendix.

Took me two full weeks in the hospital to recover. Doctors subsequently told us if I had come in one day later I'd have died.

Sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Skadi members affected by this malady.

Slå ring om Norge
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Living certainly has its price...
not only the bills for bed and board, but also of suffering, for almost all, in the one sense or the other.

Buddha and other great spirits recognized that all humans suffers, and that occures a little bit behind the surfacial veil of the dailylife mask....

So we all pay a high price for living. But if the price do not kill us, it may make us stronger, and wiser.

When on the edge of the brink, one does clearer see how precious our limited time is, and wakes anyway up to find that certain things are not so important after all, but other things are much more important than figured.

One of those things is care, care for family and friends, so please just keep on shining!;)