PDA

View Full Version : Correlation Between Attractiveness and Intelligence

MetallicPain
Saturday, November 4th, 2006, 01:09 PM
If one person is physically more attractictive than another, in general, will the more attractive one of the 2 be smarter, more aware and more intelligent?

On a larger scale, this seems to be the message put across on this forum, because Nordics are usually the most attractive race, they're also the most intelligent and far superior?

Purely based on Aesthetics? The idea seems madness.

Weiler
Sunday, November 5th, 2006, 07:12 AM
There is a correlation between attractiveness and intelligence.

Here's one discussion on it:
http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/images/dotcom/sciencedirect/j.intell.2004.03.003.pdf

Jantelover
Sunday, November 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM
There is a correlation between attractiveness and intelligence.

Here's one discussion on it:
http://harcourtassessment.com/hai/images/dotcom/sciencedirect/j.intell.2004.03.003.pdf

Yeah, just that it's not the one they describe.

No wonder profound souls can't care a whit about academic psychology. Fundamentally flawed assumptions lead to basically spurious results.

"Men who are more intelligent are more likely to attain higher status than men who are less intelligent."

Ah grasshopper. Rather it’s that men who attain high status are then in position to control what gets DEFINED AS “intelligence.” It shouldn’t be a surprise that that definition then reflects favorably upon those very same “men.”

Jäger
Sunday, November 5th, 2006, 11:59 AM
The most aesthetic are not the most intelligent, there are specializations which can produce a rather not so attractive appearance but still give the potetnail to great intellect.

However, a the concept of body and mind is as old as mankind, you want to have a look at Neolithic Greece, aesthetic people often have higher potential in almost every regard, and don't forget we are talking about averages here.

Just have a look at your homeless and jobless underclass, and you won't find many, if any, extremely aesthetic characters.

Rather it’s that men who attain high status are then in position to control what gets DEFINED AS “intelligence.”
That's good enough. Might is the driving force of evolution.

Lostsoulwanders
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
I'm not the most attractive man I know but I make up for it in other areas of my life. I'm a hard worker, kind natured, and fun to be around. I think physical attractiveness is just the outer layer to the total attractiveness of a person.