PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Encountered Anything Out of the Ordinary (Supernatural)?

Ogmios
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Has anyone seen orexperienced a ghostly experience?.
If so is it evidence of God?, spirituality?, or personal hallucination.?

Ever had any unexplainable spine chilling encounters?.

Evolved
Tuesday, November 11th, 2003, 07:35 PM
I once had a dream where I saw heaven. It was really vivid, I thought I died in my sleep. :-O

Who knows what people see when they see strange things or take pictures (http://www.karensghostpage.com/pics.html) of them? Maybe it's electromagnetic disturbances. Maybe they are seeing jinn. :|

My mother saw a "ghost" once. It was a white smoke as tall as and in the form of an adult human. It hovered above the ground for a few moments and when she looked away it was gone. And she's not a :psycho or on :joint LOL

Lostchild1962
Wednesday, November 12th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Has anyone seen orexperienced a ghostly experience?.
If so is it evidence of God?, spirituality?, or personal hallucination.?

Ever had any unexplainable spine chilling encounters?.

I have seen a ghost..I was much younger..it was an old lady sitting in a chair in my room for like a week..

After my sister died she took me to where she was..
and recently I had a dream of what christians call the rapture..I have to say this was very scary..
Sis Kay

Mac Seafraidh
Wednesday, November 12th, 2003, 04:46 PM
No.

Siegfried
Wednesday, November 12th, 2003, 06:02 PM
It happened to me twice - but one of the times I was slightly drunk (not totally wasted), so maybe my head played a trick on me.

Grimr
Wednesday, November 12th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Occasionally I get feelings of things with me when I draw or paint things of a racist nature, I feel that people are in the room with me when there is clearly nobody else there and once you let your mind wander and your imagination takes control, you can spend an entire afternoon with just you, a sketch book, a pencil and Heinrich Himmler...:D

Seriously though all these ghost and alien encounters are just products of the human imagination.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, November 13th, 2003, 02:29 AM
No I have not experianced a ghost, although I often get the feeling that I'm about to when I walk into a dark room. Thank God I haven't seen a ghost, cause I think the experiance would severly mess me up!

Grimr
Thursday, November 13th, 2003, 05:00 PM
cause I think the experience would severely mess me up!

Odd how people interpret Insanity as being a potential action...

Taras Bulba
Thursday, November 13th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Odd how people interpret Insanity as being a potential action...

Ok, where did I say I would go insanse? It's bad enough for me to think about the possibility, I don't need to actually see one. My Slavic superstitions towards viewing spirits of the dead.

Grimr
Friday, November 14th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Spirits of our ancestors are good things, the dead if walking the earth I would think to be protectors.

Taras Bulba
Friday, November 14th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Spirits of our ancestors are good things, the dead if walking the earth I would think to be protectors.

Ok its not like I disregard the spirits of my ancestors or don't believe their protecting me or anything(such a belief is compatible with Christianity btw). It's just that.........well it's really hard for me to explain.

Grimr
Friday, November 14th, 2003, 07:17 PM
You fear other worldly powers that may harm you...

Allenson
Friday, November 14th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I have. See this post from back in the summer:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=27765&postcount=15

Gladstone
Friday, November 14th, 2003, 08:20 PM
The closest I've had to that is when my mother unexpectedly died while I was hundreds of miles away. That same night while asleep I had a vivid "understanding" (while dreaming about something else entirely) that she had died, and it turned out that she had.

As for ghost I think there are simply too many reports from too many reliable people to discount them all. I think at least in some of those instances we may be seeing an "impression" left by a person once physically alive in the same manner as we see fossils in rocks. How these "impressions" are made I do not know, but some think it's when a sudden death occurred that it might happen. I do not think that's impossible.

sud
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 12:44 AM
I have not seen anything weird in my life. I m just a normal, typical rationalist, who is sceptical. Just one of the mob.

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:12 AM
I haven't seen a ghost, but I experienced strange things happening to me - like lights turning on by themselves in my room while I was asleep.
I also experienced a very strange condition when you are not fully asleep neither awake and your body is paralized and you are trying to move a hand or say something, but you can't and you begin to hear strange things, but it only lasts for several seconds just before you wake up.

Necronomicom
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:40 AM
I also experienced a very strange condition when you are not fully asleep neither awake and your body is paralized and you are trying to move a hand or say something, but you can't and you begin to hear strange things, but it only lasts for several seconds just before you wake up.

I have experienced that many times in the past, the first times I thought I was either dead/dying or in coma, i tried to move and i couldn't, i tried to call my mom but my mouth wouldn't move either.
i learned to get used to it, if you don't try to move or say anything you will eventualy wake up or go back to sleep in very few seconds.
I also noticed that it only happens with me when i sleep in my back, it never happens when i sleep in my stomach or in the side.

anyway i never heard anything strange while in that state of mind, but i could still hear sounds coming from the street and the TV like if i was awake.

Im atheist and I think this state of mind could be explained as a state where your mind is almost awake but your body doesn't know about it yet, kinda like a semi-coma.

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:40 AM

That happened to me as well.I couldn't even breathe.Scared the 'govno' out of me:)

Necronomicom
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:45 AM
i used to think this mental condition would only happen with me, until today i was talking with a classmate in college and he told me he also had this condition sometimes, what a coincidence that you guys are also talking about it today. :D

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:48 AM
i used to think this mental condition would only happen with me, until today i was talking with a classmate in college and he told me he also had this condition sometimes, what a coincidence that you guys are also talking about it today. :D

I think it is called 'sleep paralyses'.It only happens to us Europids;)

Haldís
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:49 AM
known as cataleptic rigour.... nothing supernatural about it.... i have it at least once or twice a week... optical and acoustic illusions accompany it.... it can last for an hour or longer if you don't break the rigour by trying to get up or to move a limb. :)

-Reginleif

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:53 AM

Interesting, I asked lots of people if they had something like this, everyone said no, a coincidence indeed. I like your explanation that your mind is awake and your body is not, seems like it is really the case. It doesn't explain my sound hallucinations however, which can be really scary like someone screaming of horrible pain or someone talking in a really low voice. It doesn't happen with me too often, but when it does - it is like the scariest thing ever.

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:56 AM
known as cataleptic rigour.... nothing supernatural about it.... i have it at least once or twice a week... optical and acoustic illusions accompany it.... it can last for an hour or longer if you don't break the rigour by trying to get up or to move a limb. :)

-Reginleif

If I had this happening twice a week I would be in some mental facility already, lol.

Taras Bulba
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 03:58 AM
You fear other worldly powers that may harm you...

No, thats not it either!

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:00 AM
someone talking in a really low voice.

That's what happened to me.I wasn't sure if I was trying to speak or I was hearing someone else.....Buahaha.

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:03 AM
That's what happened to me.I wasn't sure if I was trying to speak or I was hearing someone else.....Buahaha.

Heh, interesting, indeed. BTW, I've never had anything like that when I was younger, it only started happening maybe 3 years ago.

Haldís
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Interesting, I asked lots of people if they had something like this, everyone said no, a coincidence indeed. I like your explanation that your mind is awake and your body is not, seems like it is really the case. yes thats what causes it.... a weak tired body combined with an active mind.... you can weaken your body by dehydrating it (i normally get it when im physically very tired, very thirsty but mentally alert).... you can also learn to induce the state consciously.

It doesn't explain my sound hallucinations however, which can be really scary like someone screaming of horrible pain or someone talking in a really low voice. It doesn't happen with me too often, but when it does - it is like the scariest thing ever.its all in your mind... its like dreaming but because you are conscious your brain mistakes it for reality... i have visual hallucinations too..... i can see my room through closed eyes.... then all sorts of creatures and phenomenons can appear..... of course thats all in the brain.... all the room and what you see or hear...... yes it can be very scary.... but if you get it often you also learn to control what you see or hear..... i'm now enjoying the experience.... its my gateway to asgard and the gods. :)

-Reginleif

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Heh, interesting, indeed. BTW, I've never had anything like that when I was younger, it only started happening maybe 3 years ago.

It only happened to me once when I was younger at our old home.Apparently a child drowned in the pool years before we moved in and we found out after we moved out......Buahaha hehe;)

Necronomicom
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:08 AM

-Reginleif

im my experiences i found that the easiest way to break up is to completely ignore it and try not to think about anything or move, it works for me, when i try to break it by moving i end up not breaking it at all.

do you sleep in your back??
It used to happen with me at least once a month when i sleeped in my back, many times it would happen more then once in the same night, but now that i almost never sleep in my back it almost never happens, last time it happened was like a year ago.

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:09 AM
yes thats what causes it.... a weak tired body combined with an active mind.... you can weaken your body by dehydrating it (i normally get it when im physically very tired, very thirsty but mentally alert).... you can also learn to induce the state consciously.

its all in your mind... its like dreaming but because you are conscious your brain mistakes it for reality... i have visual hallucinations too..... i can see my room through closed eyes.... then all sorts of creatures and phenomenons can appear..... of course thats all in the brain.... all the room and what you see or hear...... yes it can be very scary.... but if you get it often you also learn to control what you see or hear..... i'm now enjoying the experience.... its my gateway to asgard and the gods. :)

-Reginleif

Hehe, nice. Perhaps I should try that next time, sounds like hellova fun! :D

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:10 AM
do you sleep in your back??

I was sleeping on my back when it happened to me as well.

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:12 AM
yes thats what causes it.... a weak tired body combined with an active mind.... you can weaken your body by dehydrating it (i normally get it when im physically very tired, very thirsty but mentally alert).... you can also learn to induce the state consciously.

its all in your mind... its like dreaming but because you are conscious your brain mistakes it for reality... i have visual hallucinations too..... i can see my room through closed eyes.... then all sorts of creatures and phenomenons can appear..... of course thats all in the brain.... all the room and what you see or hear...... yes it can be very scary.... but if you get it often you also learn to control what you see or hear..... i'm now enjoying the experience.... its my gateway to asgard and the gods. :)

-Reginleif

Just out of curiosity, Reginleif, what exactly do these creatures look like that you see?

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:17 AM
There's a phenomena known as "out of body' experiences some claim to have when having this sleep paralysis. I'm not saying I beleive in that nor have I experienced it but that sounds almost what you are describing. (Run on post ;))

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, Reginleif, what exactly do these creatures look like that you see?

Mine look like barbie dolls:rofl;)

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Mine look like barbie dolls:rofl;)

Let me guess, blonde Barbie Dolls! :D ;)

Haldís
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:33 AM
im my experiences i found that the easiest way to break up is to completely ignore it and try not to think about anything or move, it works for me, when i try to break it by moving i end up not breaking it at all.im breaking it gradually... sometimes it can take a while..... i can always move my tongue (that doesnt break the rigour but it is a start and ascertaining)... then i try to move a finger or the toes.... the hand, the arm... once you can lift your head you are almost out of it..... then you can lift your upper body and its done..... although there is ANOTHER SIDE to it.... which i never experienced but..... some people say they seperated their ether body ("soul") from their physical body when they got up.... can be true or not.... i know personally someone who says it occurs to him.... if it is true then i may be wrong by attributing everything to the brain and hallucinations... i often think that maybe the old myths of 9 worlds (yggdrasil the world tree) is true.... midgard (the physical world) being only one of them.... the others being on different branches/frequencies.... some of our old norse ancestors might have had the same experiences and described what they saw as good as they could.... or maybe wotan told them. :D

do you sleep in your back?? it only happens when I sleep on my back.... yes. and its MUCH more likely to happen if your head faces north... something to do with magnetic fields maybe? or because..... well the NORTH... think about it. ;) i dont know....

It used to happen with me at least once a month when i sleeped in my back, many times it would happen more then once in the same night, but now that i almost never sleep in my back it almost never happens, last time it happened was like a year ago.yes I can vouch for that... :)

-Reginleif

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Interesting if it happens with Europids only like Vojvoda said, or Blacks or Asians experience that as well.

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:39 AM
likely to happen if your head faces north... something to do with magnetic fields maybe? or because..... well the NORTH... think about it. ;) i dont know....

LOL, my head was turned to the left when it happened.Maybe I WAS facing north?:lol

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Interesting if it happens with Europids only like Vojvoda said, or Blacks or Asians experience that as well.

Hm, good question.There is more to us Europids than meets the eye;)

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:42 AM
I've had it happen particualrly when I was younger. Not a pleasant experience. Just before it would happen I would hear this high pitched buzzing sound, I got to where I could usually stop it.

Haldís
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Just out of curiosity, Reginleif, what exactly do these creatures look like that you see? initially "evil" beings that attacked me... call them demons, gnomes, trolls or whatever.... now i see "spiritual" beings (fairies, elves, valkyries, gods.... or angels if you want)... they talk to me, advise me and convey their wisdom.... but i better stop now or you all will think im totally insane (i don't argue that it might really only be my own brain, dreams, imagination, or subconscience talking to me... its still pleasant and interesting) :)

Haldís
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Hm, good question.There is more to us Europids than meets the eye;)only happens to europeans that have no negro and less than 12.61% mongol ancestry. :D

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:48 AM
initially "evil" beings that attacked me... call them demons, gnomes, trolls or whatever.... now i see "spiritual" beings (fairies, elves, valkyries, gods.... or angels if you want)... they talk to me, advise me and convey their wisdom.... but i better stop now or you all will think im totally insane (i don't argue that it might really only be my own brain, dreams, imagination, or subconscience talking to me... its still pleasant and interesting) :)

It must be all in your dreams.You have a guardian angel advising you;) You interpret him/her to be in any shape or form you want.

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:49 AM
only happens to europeans that have no negro and less than 12.61% mongol ancestry. :D

:rofl, thanks I feel much better now:D

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:50 AM
initially "evil" beings that attacked me... call them demons, gnomes, trolls or whatever.... now i see "spiritual" beings (fairies, elves, valkyries, gods.... or angels if you want)... they talk to me, advise me and convey their wisdom.... but i better stop now or you all will think im totally insane (i don't argue that it might really only be my own brain, dreams, imagination, or subconscience talking to me... its still pleasant and interesting) :)

No, you were very brave to say. You are right to be very careful though who and when you say these things too.

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:52 AM

I definetly want to see some Fairies and Valkyries. Perhaps I should try listening to Wagner or Grieg while asleep ;) But seriously sounds like a very interesting experience, I think one has to have a rather vivid imagination in order to do that.

Vojvoda
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 05:07 AM
No, you were very brave to say.

she's hot as well:D

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 05:09 AM
she's hot as well:D

That too! ;)

cosmocreator
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 05:18 AM

You are the Oracle for which we have been searching. We must find you before the Evil One does. Sounds like an interesting movie.

Necronomicom
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 05:20 AM
only happens to europeans that have no negro and less than 12.61% mongol ancestry. :D

actually the person I talked today who also had this was definitely not pure Europid, he is either part negroid in a very small degree (more likely) or part arab.

he is very weird looking...

Lostchild1962
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 06:52 AM
I have experienced that many times in the past, the first times I thought I was either dead/dying or in coma, i tried to move and i couldn't, i tried to call my mom but my mouth wouldn't move either.
i learned to get used to it, if you don't try to move or say anything you will eventualy wake up or go back to sleep in very few seconds.
I also noticed that it only happens with me when i sleep in my back, it never happens when i sleep in my stomach or in the side.

anyway i never heard anything strange while in that state of mind, but i could still hear sounds coming from the street and the TV like if i was awake.

Im atheist and I think this state of mind could be explained as a state where your mind is almost awake but your body doesn't know about it yet, kinda like a semi-coma.
I have experienced this as well..it is quite scary ...

Loki
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 11:14 AM

Oh my gawd.... :-O

Loki
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 11:24 AM
..... i'm now enjoying the experience.... its my gateway to asgard and the gods. :)

-Reginleif

I wish I could have the same experience. But I guess my brain chemicals are just too normal for that. ;)

Evolved
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Interesting, I asked lots of people if they had something like this, everyone said no, a coincidence indeed.

:insane :jk
The same things happen to me, almost every other night! It is like my mind is "decompressing." I don't hear intelligible conversations but echoes of voices. Next time, try and direct what the "voices" say. I'll think of some words and they'll say it. It sounds crazy but it just proves it's part of your mind and not ghosts, demons, etc. Maybe ghosts and demons are less scary to face than possible neurological issues, LOL. :psycho

I also sometimes experience total paralysis of my body, I try to move but it's like a force-field keeping me still. Another interesting thing is I can replay in my mind the music and vocals to any song I want. My mind is like a big jukebox. :rocknroll

I wonder if there is an anthropological connection? :)

Pomor
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 04:33 PM
:insane :jk
The same things happen to me, almost every other night! It is like my mind is "decompressing." I don't hear intelligible conversations but echoes of voices. Next time, try and direct what the "voices" say. I'll think of some words and they'll say it. It sounds crazy but it just proves it's part of your mind and not ghosts, demons, etc. Maybe ghosts and demons are less scary to face than possible neurological issues, LOL. :psycho

I also sometimes experience total paralysis of my body, I try to move but it's like a force-field keeping me still. Another interesting thing is I can replay in my mind the music and vocals to any song I want. My mind is like a big jukebox. :rocknroll

I wonder if there is an anthropological connection? :)

The thing is that this stuff scares me as hell, and I do everything to wake up, I really don't want to continue staying in this condition when someone is screaming in my ears. And screaming like if he was burning in hell! I don't get it how you both find this amazing it scares the **** out of me, I wake up with goosebumps all over my body, lol. Really.

Grimr
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 05:20 PM
If I had contact with spiritual beings I would try and communicate with them, human beings especially Aryans have tried to build door ways to them, religions, folk lore and some times even physical architecture or shines, I would hazard a guess that if we where actually in a movement, a white racist movement then spiritual guidance would be not to mention extremely cool but also useful.

I think that if people see ghosts they have a gift and if they are into this supposed white preservation movement they should utilize this gift to see the truth and stuff like that...

Gladstone
Saturday, November 15th, 2003, 11:53 PM
The thing is that this stuff scares me as hell, and I do everything to wake up, I really don't want to continue staying in this condition when someone is screaming in my ears. And screaming like if he was burning in hell! I don't get it how you both find this amazing it scares the **** out of me, I wake up with goosebumps all over my body, lol. Really.

I tend to agree with you Wend. When I have had the experience I had said it was "unpleasant"but really, that's downplaying it. Rather than hearing someone burning in hell, I only had the sensation that it was someone (or something) trying to steal my soul.;) Fortunately they/it/whatever never suceeded. and I am still complete. :D

sud
Sunday, November 16th, 2003, 01:03 PM
im breaking it gradually... sometimes it can take a while..... i can always move my tongue (that doesnt break the rigour but it is a start and ascertaining)... then i try to move a finger or the toes.... the hand, the arm... once you can lift your head you are almost out of it..... then you can lift your upper body and its done..... although there is ANOTHER SIDE to it.... which i never experienced but..... some people say they seperated their ether body ("soul") from their physical body when they got up.... can be true or not.... i know personally someone who says it occurs to him.... if it is true then i may be wrong by attributing everything to the brain and hallucinations... i often think that maybe the old myths of 9 worlds (yggdrasil the world tree) is true.... midgard (the physical world) being only one of them.... the others being on different branches/frequencies.... some of our old norse ancestors might have had the same experiences and described what they saw as good as they could.... or maybe wotan told them. :D

it only happens when I sleep on my back.... yes. and its MUCH more likely to happen if your head faces north... something to do with magnetic fields maybe? or because..... well the NORTH... think about it. ;) i dont know....

yes I can vouch for that... :)

-Reginleif

It happened to me couple of times. Lying on my back and heading North. I tried to wake up but I could not. Now I dont like to sleep on my back anymore. And I think that I experienced some kind of heart pain, but possibly just in my head.

Evolved
Sunday, November 16th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Sleep Paralysis and Associated Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences (http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html)

I saw some skeptical program on TV trying to explain 'alien abductions' from a scientific viewpoint. This kind of thing happens to imaginative people.

http://www.csicop.org/si/9605/mack.html

Maybe we all have creative subconscious minds that want to make things interesting for us. :)

Evolved
Tuesday, November 18th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I really don't want to continue staying in this condition when someone is screaming in my ears. And screaming like if he was burning in hell!

It sounds like an actual demonic thing in your case. :(

New-age neo-pagan stuff that says good and evil exist in all things. That doesn't correspond with my experiences and observations. I don't see what could be evil about a flower, for instance..

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
I swear by the Gods that I didn't use PhotoShop or anything like this. It was just a normal digital camera, the same one I used to take all the pictures I posted here in the last few days. Didn't notice it while photographing, but later when I looked at the pictures on my computer.

http://tinypic.com/jkvwq8.jpg

See his face:

http://tinypic.com/jkvygk.jpg

.. and the waving coat behind him? The huge steps he takes?

NSFreja
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
Nice picture and it really seems like you've just met "Skogsfrun"...or someone of the other naturespirits.

It's a sign of something, what i can't tell, but it's sure a sign.

I have an owl that use to come to a tree, just outside my door, and when "he" comes, i know something will happen in the near future because it have never failed, as soon as "he" shows up in the tree, something happen within few days. Mostly something bad though...

Xanthochroid
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, That blue plasma is a ghost alright. :icon_ques
I know because I once took a picture in a very old cemetary of a plasma with a very well defined grinning face.

You have yourself a spirit entity for sure.
Hold on to that picture. :thumb001:

And remember, Fear the living more than the dead. ;)

Xanthochroid
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
It's a sign of something, what i can't tell, but it's sure a sign.

It isn't an omen. :P It's just a spirit that stumbled onto her property.

That's all.

Frostwood
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
It looks like wisps of vapor, condensing moisture from breath. And the shaft of the "scythe" it appears to be holding, ready for harvest, is apparently something snow-coated behind the vapour.

An intriguing form, nonetheless.

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Nice picture and it really seems like you've just met "Skogsfrun"...or someone of the other naturespirits.

Do you think it's female? I first thought about a Skogsrå (since the property verges on a forest), but then it appeared to me that this being looks more male...:scratch:

I have an owl that use to come to a tree, just outside my door, and when "he" comes, i know something will happen in the near future because it have never failed, as soon as "he" shows up in the tree, something happen within few days. Mostly something bad though...

This sounds interesting.. I think I'll do a search now on Owls and their symbolism in predicting... Thanks for sharing this story!

Ewergrin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I swear by the Gods that I didn't use PhotoShop or anything like this. It was just a normal digital camera, the same one I used to take all the pictures I posted here in the last few days. Didn't notice it while photographing, but later when I looked at the pictures on my computer.

http://tinypic.com/jkvwq8.jpg

See the face:

http://tinypic.com/jkvygk.jpg

.. and the waving coat behind it? The huge steps it takes?

Maybe a Skogsrå since the property verges on a forest...

Chilling indeed! Can you perhaps show us a larger version?

anaktas
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Were you smoking while taking the picture? It seems like cigarette smoke.
If not, I consider myself lucky for not being near this location :runaway

Ewergrin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 03:16 PM
Were you smoking while taking the picture? It seems like cigarette smoke.
If not, I consider myself lucky for not being near this location :runaway
Good eye. It does appear to be cigarette smoke.

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
I have no larger version than the one I posted. :(
And no, I wasn't smoking, but the person I was out with (approx. 20m away from me at the door while I was in the garden). But it still looks like a Skogsrå to me. Maybe a smoking one (you never know these modern supernaturals). :P

anaktas
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Good eye. It does appear to be cigarette smoke.
:D Believe me, I have seen many similar photos... You should see the ghosts made by cigar smoke!Absolutely convincing!
However...

And no, I wasn't smoking, but the person I was out with (approx. 20m away from me at the door while I was in the garden).
In your garden there was obviously no wind activity at that time. When there is no wind, the smoke from a cigarette (and especially from a cigarette 20m away) goes up to the sky, it does not follow a straight route to cameras!! :eek :runaway :runaway

Frostwood
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
In your garden there was obviously no wind activity at that time. When there is no wind, the smoke from a cigarette (and especially from a cigarette 20m away) goes up to the sky, it does not follow a straight route to cameras!! :eek :runaway :runaway

Presumably it was cold enough there for breathing moisture to start condensing, and even though the resulting vapour doesn't have the deep gray hue of cigarette smoke, it will be easily visible when photographed wth flash.

newenstad
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Do you think it's female? I first thought about a Skogsrå (since the property verges on a forest), but then it appeared to me that this being looks more male...:scratch:

Lugh Lámfada?...:icon_surp

bocian
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
Looks like cigarette smoke, doesn't mean it necessarily is. :)

Gorm the Old
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 05:21 PM
There are two objections to the cigarette smoke or breath vapor hypothesis. If the photographer were the source of either, it would be too close to the camera to photograph as anything but a featureless blur. Second, the "spectre" appears to be a background feature, behind and beyond the foreground objects in the photograph.
Is the horizontal line part of the "spectre's" image, a spear or something like that, or is it a wire or something of that sort in the foreground ?. I have no explanation to offer for the nature and origin of this strange image.
BTW, I am unfamiliar with the word "skogsraa" nor is it in my Norwegian or my Swedish dictionary. I know that "skog" means forest, so I guess it means a forest spirit or something of that sort.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
The horizontal line is in the background - the end of the property, a large hedgerow with snow on top.

More on the Skogsrå see here (http://www.blutundboden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1940&highlight=skogsra).

GreenHeart
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Once, when I was 10 or 11 years old, I worked in a creepy house with my parents, they were supposed to paint the whole inside so this guy could sell it. Well, the feeling in there was of extreme dread. I saw a ghost quite a few times, and it looked just like the one in the picture. Twice in the dark basement, and once in a closet as my brother and I were playing hide and seek. I ran out of the closet screaming I was so scared. I even saw it IN the basement floor. So I can attest that's how a ghost does look. I guess that most people aren't able to see ghosts though. Nobody ever believed my experience, except for my mom.

Later we found out the house had belonged to this man's mother, who had recently died...

This, and other experiences lead me to believe that ghosts are definitely real.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Lugh Lámfada?...:icon_surp

Lugh what? :scratch:

newenstad
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Lugh what? :scratch:

Lugh is the celtic god of fire...;)

other names:
France: Lugdunum (cur: Lyon), Lugdunum Clavatum (cur: Laon), Lusignan, Loudun, Montlucon
Switzerland: Lugano, Locarno, Lugarus
Russia: Luga, Lugansk
Holland: Leiden
Sweden: Luggude
Rumania: Lugoj
Italy+Spain: Logo

Timelessmyths.com (http://www.timelessmyths.com/celtic/danann.html#Lugh)

sciencedaily.com (http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/lugh)

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Thank you. I'm not so very familiar with celtic deities. ;)

Sigel
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Never seen any myself but I have a female friend who has seen a few...

...mmm and I don't mean after a drink or two either.

Sigurd
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I guess I must be a bad influence, BW is seeing things now as well.... :D I'll leave BuB at once... :runaway

Thusnelda
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 04:12 PM
It looks like the "ghost" is holding a very big hammer on the picture. Maybe it was Thorburn with his hammer Mjölnir, doing some recon ;)

Blutwölfin
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 04:19 PM
It looks like the "ghost" is holding a very big hammer on the picture. Maybe it was Thorburn with his hammer Mjölnir, doing some recon ;)

If you mean the horizontal line: That's not part of the ghost, but a huge hedgerow in the back at the end of the garden. ;)

Thusnelda
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM
If you mean the horizontal line: That's not part of the ghost, but a huge hedgerow in the back at the end of the garden. ;)
Hm...shi. *g* Havent seen that, sorry.

Arcturus
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I assume this is proof then that smoking is a very spiritual or even divine practice :D

As smokers may have noticed, especially when its cold and dark out, 'pure' cigarette smoke has a blueish tint, whereas inhaled and exhaled smoke is grey ;)

In this case I would say the photographer (or someone beside the photographer ;)) is holding a smoke in her left hand or resting it in an ashtray to the left while taking the picture.

Still a pretty picture, tho.

newenstad
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
In this case I would say the photographer (or someone beside the photographer ;)) is holding a smoke in her left hand or resting it in an ashtray to the left while taking the picture.

Now you ruined the thread...:frown: ;)

Zyklop
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Nice photo but why would a spiritual being need a face - and a coat?

Blutwölfin
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Yes, someone was smoking while I took the picture, but it wasn't me. And the smoker was standing about 20m away from me at the backdoor while I was in the middle of the garden.

I think 20 m is quite a far distance for cigarette smoke to travel in this shape...

Arcturus
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Now you ruined the thread...:frown: ;)
But ASSUMING that it indeed is a ghost, seems my friends and I may unwittingly have opened the Lost Ark (ála Indiana Jones) in '99.. ;)

(sorry for the crappy quality, had to photograph a photograph ;))

newenstad
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 06:04 PM
EDIT: For keeping the thread alive

Weg
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Might be explained otherwise; your breathe for instance.

anaktas
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Might be explained otherwise; your breathe for instance.
On no account does breath create such kind of smoke. It is...something...else.......:D

bocian
Friday, January 6th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I assume this is proof then that smoking is a very spiritual or even divine practice :D

Depends what you're smoking...

Weg
Saturday, January 7th, 2006, 08:29 PM
On no account does breath create such kind of smoke.

Yes, it does. Ever took pictures when I was breathing, it does look similar.

It is...something...else.......:D

Maybe she's an expert in breathing.

I don't believe in ghost, I'm too rational for that. I will when I see one for real.

anaktas
Saturday, January 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I don't believe in ghost, I'm too rational for that. I will when I see one for real.
It will be too late by then :D :D

Weg
Saturday, January 7th, 2006, 10:31 PM
It will be too late by then :D :D

You mean when I'm dead?... :~(

Please someone, offer me the possibility to see one. I dare any one of you. :D

anaktas
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 11:53 AM
You mean when I'm dead?... :~(

Please someone, offer me the possibility to see one. I dare any one of you. :D
I am unfortunately out of phone numbers.:D

Pro-Alpine
Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 02:19 AM
encountered anything out of the ordinary?

I just used to hear foot steps where I previously lived even when no one was walking. It was quite an old building.

Oswiu
Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Everyone in my family has except me. I feel a bit left out, but also relieved!

nicholas
Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 03:29 AM
many things. then again, i'm a sorcerer and seek the things out.

OMegasPan
Friday, October 27th, 2006, 05:55 AM
I communicate with spirits, the dead and some demons, but unfortunately some of all these beings want to give me a hard time, although my intentions are either positive or indifferent towards them.
So i am forced to make them suffer, maybe to the point of elimination, so they know i am not to be played around with and either share their gifts with me, leave me alone, or in the worst case that they are stuborn i burn them with the thinest most cruel fires of deepest and most scary universal Hells, such as the ones unimaginable to humans.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, October 27th, 2006, 06:45 AM
While camping someone I was with saw a bigfoot. I didn't believe it but the next morning we found great footprints. I did the analysis on the site and there definately was evidence (based on the stride) of a 6 foot 5 inch, "very black" man or animal running at faster than normal human speed at about 8:00 P.M, and twenty miles from any other known human being or campground.

nicholas
Friday, October 27th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I communicate with spirits, the dead and some demons, but unfortunately some of all these beings want to give me a hard time, although my intentions are either positive or indifferent towards them.
So i am forced to make them suffer, maybe to the point of elimination, so they know i am not to be played around with and either share their gifts with me, leave me alone, or in the worst case that they are stuborn i burn them with the thinest most cruel fires of deepest and most scary universal Hells, such as the ones unimaginable to humans.

Maybe they're giving you a hard time because they know you better than you know yourself. The thing about demons is, they respect strength and cunning. I don't mean to be rude but respect is a two way street and you have to make the first move of respect. That doesn't mean kiss their butt and grovel, you have to have boundaries, but you have to think of them as businessmen and I don't know any businessmen who deal with arrogant jerks.

But hey, when they cross the line by all means be firm. But also know when to be smart.

OMegasPan
Friday, October 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
oh, alright

but actually acting like businessemen is one the reasons i am iritated, because i prefer them to have a more casual, friendly approach, so i am forced to punish them sometimes for their arrogant bussinessman-like behaviour..

Aeric
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 04:59 AM
As a youth I worked for a company which sold and hired out forklift trucks and other industrial equipment. Since I have never been a punctual person, I enjoyed the fact that the plant was only about 20 minutes swift walk away from my home.

Dot was a 40-something, wrinkled, prematurely aged woman who used to work as a cleaner at the plant; she had red hair - that’s to say that she had hair that was literally the colour of a fire engine...somehow or other, the dye she used always turned out that way. All the time I knew her, her unnaturally RED hair was like a beacon that made it possible to identify her many yards away.

I knew something of her history - she had a husband who drank and beat her. She’d often come to work with a black eye or a collection of bruises. Her main task was to clean the portable buildings that the firm hired out as a sideline. Since they had no running water when they were sitting around in the yard, this meant that she had to carry buckets of hot water to and fro. In the Winter the water would get cold very quickly and her hands would suffer. Whenever I was working the pressure washer that was used to clean the firm’s trucks, I’d try to make sure that her bucket was regularly refilled with piping hot water straight from the machine.

Dot gave up her job and I didn’t see her for over six months. I was in a local shop, waiting to pay for a newspaper, when she came in and I asked her how she was doing. It turned out that she’d been forced to quit her job by a family crisis that took priority over everything else. I’ll never forget how Dot told me that she’d always be grateful for the small acts of kindness that I had shown her.

The last time I saw Dot was on a cold November night, maybe 3 months afterwards, when I was taking my dog for a walk; I was wearing a thick coat and the breath of both youth and dog hung in the air like steam. The plant stood on a long, straight road which ran like an arrow for over half a mile and I was walking past it when I saw Dot coming in the opposite direction. It was impossible not to recognise her, that stooped figure and the bright, fire engine-red hair were unmistakable.

Dot walked right up to us. I spoke to her; but she didn’t answer. Her eyes were wide open in a blank, unblinking stare; she looked straight ahead and gave every appearance of not even knowing that I was there. Even more worryingly, she was dressed in a thin cardigan and light-weight dress, her sleeves were actually rolled up, her arms were crossed over her chest and her coin purse was tucked under her left armpit. I could feel the bitter cold right through my heavy coat and it struck me that she would be freezing in those inadequate clothes.

I concluded that she had been to a bar and had too much to drink - who could blame her for drowning her sorrows? She had a rotten life, a brutal husband and enough family troubles to make anybody hit the bottle. She was walking quite swiftly, oddly enough without any trace of a stagger and I knew that she was heading in the right direction for her own home (which wasn’t too far away from the plant either), so I let her go on without interfering. I looked behind me several times as I went on my own way to make sure that she was still on course; the dog had watched her walk by and he too looked back every now and then. At the time I put the dog’s interest down to the fact that he was not exactly enthusiastic about drunks.

The next day, at the plant, I was working with a guy called Gerry - he'd known Dot well for years. I said to him: “By the way, I saw Dot last night”. “Oh no you didn’t” he responded very quickly. “Oh yes I did” I replied equally smartly...to this he shook his head with a knowing air.

“OK” I asked, unable to resist smiling at his attitude “what makes you so certain that I didn’t see Dot last night?”. Gerry coughed a little awkwardly and answered: “Because she has been dead for over six weeks”. The smile died on my face - I was stunned. “When?, How?” I asked.

Gerry said: “Well, do you remember that day last month when the sun shone really hot and we got a fluke warm day out of season, in the middle of Winter?” (I nodded). “Dot lived next door to the corner shop on her street and she wanted to get a few groceries; so she just picked up her purse...didn’t even bother to put on a coat, just went out in her cardigan, with her purse tucked under her arm - you know how women do that?...she was in line at the checkout and she had a brain haemorrhage right where she was standing, she died instantly".

I can offer no certain explanations for what I saw that chilly November night - but I know that I saw Dot; I looked her in the face from within touching distance and it was her without any doubt. I know that I did not imagine the whole thing because the dog saw her too and I could not have conveniently pictured her in the same clothes as she was wearing on the day she died so suddenly.

Aeric

Berliners Remember
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 05:08 AM
That is a powerfull story Aeric, Very creepy thought, but powerfull.

OMegasPan
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 07:25 AM
As a youth I worked for a company which sold and hired out forklift trucks and other industrial equipment. Since I have never been a punctual person, I enjoyed the fact that the plant was only about 20 minutes swift walk away from my home.

Dot was a 40-something, wrinkled, prematurely aged woman who used to work as a cleaner at the plant; she had red hair - that’s to say that she had hair that was literally the colour of a fire engine...somehow or other, the dye she used always turned out that way. All the time I knew her, her unnaturally RED hair was like a beacon that made it possible to identify her many yards away.

I knew something of her history - she had a husband who drank and beat her. She’d often come to work with a black eye or a collection of bruises. Her main task was to clean the portable buildings that the firm hired out as a sideline. Since they had no running water when they were sitting around in the yard, this meant that she had to carry buckets of hot water to and fro. In the Winter the water would get cold very quickly and her hands would suffer. Whenever I was working the pressure washer that was used to clean the firm’s trucks, I’d try to make sure that her bucket was regularly refilled with piping hot water straight from the machine.

Dot gave up her job and I didn’t see her for over six months. I was in a local shop, waiting to pay for a newspaper, when she came in and I asked her how she was doing. It turned out that she’d been forced to quit her job by a family crisis that took priority over everything else. I’ll never forget how Dot told me that she’d always be grateful for the small acts of kindness that I had shown her.

The last time I saw Dot was on a cold November night, maybe 3 months afterwards, when I was taking my dog for a walk; I was wearing a thick coat and the breath of both youth and dog hung in the air like steam. The plant stood on a long, straight road which ran like an arrow for over half a mile and I was walking past it when I saw Dot coming in the opposite direction. It was impossible not to recognise her, that stooped figure and the bright, fire engine-red hair were unmistakable.

Dot walked right up to us. I spoke to her; but she didn’t answer. Her eyes were wide open in a blank, unblinking stare; she looked straight ahead and gave every appearance of not even knowing that I was there. Even more worryingly, she was dressed in a thin cardigan and light-weight dress, her sleeves were actually rolled up, her arms were crossed over her chest and her coin purse was tucked under her left armpit. I could feel the bitter cold right through my heavy coat and it struck me that she would be freezing in those inadequate clothes.

I concluded that she had been to a bar and had too much to drink - who could blame her for drowning her sorrows? She had a rotten life, a brutal husband and enough family troubles to make anybody hit the bottle. She was walking quite swiftly, oddly enough without any trace of a stagger and I knew that she was heading in the right direction for her own home (which wasn’t too far away from the plant either), so I let her go on without interfering. I looked behind me several times as I went on my own way to make sure that she was still on course; the dog had watched her walk by and he too looked back every now and then. At the time I put the dog’s interest down to the fact that he was not exactly enthusiastic about drunks.

The next day, at the plant, I was working with a guy called Gerry - he'd known Dot well for years. I said to him: “By the way, I saw Dot last night”. “Oh no you didn’t” he responded very quickly. “Oh yes I did” I replied equally smartly...to this he shook his head with a knowing air.

“OK” I asked, unable to resist smiling at his attitude “what makes you so certain that I didn’t see Dot last night?”. Gerry coughed a little awkwardly and answered: “Because she has been dead for over six weeks”. The smile died on my face - I was stunned. “When?, How?” I asked.

Gerry said: “Well, do you remember that day last month when the sun shone really hot and we got a fluke warm day out of season, in the middle of Winter?” (I nodded). “Dot lived next door to the corner shop on her street and she wanted to get a few groceries; so she just picked up her purse...didn’t even bother to put on a coat, just went out in her cardigan, with her purse tucked under her arm - you know how women do that?...she was in line at the checkout and she had a brain haemorrhage right where she was standing, she died instantly".

I can offer no certain explanations for what I saw that chilly November night - but I know that I saw Dot; I looked her in the face from within touching distance and it was her without any doubt. I know that I did not imagine the whole thing because the dog saw her too and I could not have conveniently pictured her in the same clothes as she was wearing on the day she died so suddenly.

Aeric

So, you told us the story, but you didnt tell us what exactly was it you saw. Was it a ghost? What is your opinion?

Maybe she had a brain haemoragea but she managed to get to her house, and died later perhaps. Ever thought about that? Maybe she was living in the woods untill the time you saw her.

The only way you can be sure is if you see the body in the coffin.

Of course it is always possible that you have been wrong and you saw some similar woman. Or maybe you were drunk, on drugs, etc.

Or it could have been a ghost.

Aeric
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 09:18 AM
So, you told us the story, but you didnt tell us what exactly was it you saw. Was it a ghost? What is your opinion? Maybe she had a brain haemoragea but she managed to get to her house, and died later perhaps. Ever thought about that? Maybe she was living in the woods untill the time you saw her. The only way you can be sure is if you see the body in the coffin.

Of course it is always possible that you have been wrong and you saw some similar woman. Or maybe you were drunk, on drugs, etc. Or it could have been a ghost.

Dot had already been dead for several weeks when I apparently saw her walking down the street. It was night time, but the entire area was flooded with light from many streetlamps and (as I said) I was so close to her that I could have reached out and touched her. I knew Dot very well.

Although it happened years ago, I remember her appearance with great clarity. Her eyes were extremely wide open and staring - at the time, I didn't think that they looked like the eyes of a corpse; the thought that flashed through my mind was that they reminded me of the lifeless glass eyes I'd seen in stuffed animals in the town museum (they were from the victorian era and hideously unlifelike). She did not give me a flicker of recognition when I spoke to her - it was as if I did not exist.

For a few seconds, I was so shocked and concerned that I was tempted to go after her, but I knew her husband was a violent man and it occurred to me that he might give her a beating if she came home drunk with a young guy supporting her; as her home was not far away, I settled for watching her as she went on her way. The road was very straight and brightly lit, so I was able to see her for a little while afterwards. By the time I lost sight of her, I was telling myself that she was obviously used to navigating on 'automatic pilot' whilst intoxicated - she walked in a straight line...no pun intended...I mean dead straight.

As I told you, Dot looked very much as she always looked in life - though she was extremely pale and her skin seemed to be stretched like parchment; she was dressed in thin clothing on a very cold night. I thought the quite startling changes to her features were due to the frigid temperatures and/or a very liberal dose of alcohol. Her eyes were the most unnatural part of her appearance - it was as if she stared without seeing, but not like a blind person...the closest I can get to giving you a good image is to compare them (as I said) to the dead, soulless glass eyes of an old stuffed animal.

I think that I saw her ghost - but probably the type of ghost that is not really on the same plane as the living (which is why she was oblivious to my presence). She had died very suddenly, so (if the experts are correct about such things) it could be that her spirit was earthbound and confused.

No, I wasn't on drugs or drunk - my Father was an alcoholic (a very mean drunk), not a happy memory (or a good advertisement for booze) so I very rarely touch strong drink.

Aeric

OMegasPan
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Well alright, i feel sorry for the woman, the way she died and her fuckup husband, if you have been scared from the incident, etc, i even feel sorry for your drunk dad.

But dude, you re not speaking to a superstitious illiterate old lady, so dont sound like a cheap horror movie!

It is not possible that you have seen a ghost wearing the clothes of that woman. Maybe if you had said you "felt" her someway somewhere, i wouldnt hesitate to believe you, but stating that you positively saw her dressed in her own clothes, in flesh and blood?

Was it indeed flesh and blood? You didnt clarify it. Or perhaps you have a very vivid imagination.

And i see you are a journalist too? :|

God man, i wonder what you feed your readers with...:)

Aeric
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Blah! Blah! Blah! Etc.

You mean that you are not an illiterate old lady? I was going to ask you to darn my socks and perhaps bake me a cake too. I can only tell you what happened. If that doesn't fit your theories there isn't much I can do about it.

As you can't communicate without stooping to insults, maybe you are over-optimistic about your own level of intelligence?

Aeric

nicholas
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 11:21 AM
oh, alright

but actually acting like businessemen is one the reasons i am iritated, because i prefer them to have a more casual, friendly approach, so i am forced to punish them sometimes for their arrogant bussinessman-like behaviour..

Do you get pissed off at the dentist for acting like a dentist? or a lawyer for acting like a lawyer?

The demons don't know you so it will be formal for the first couple of times for some demons and other spirits.

It's gonna suck big time for you when you try to "punish" something that feels your worth the effort in regards to an ass kicking.

nicholas
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 11:49 AM
When some people die they are not ready to leave, at times they are held here by relationships, other times by addictions. Quite possibly it wasn't her but that part of her that "needed" the booze.

We could launch into discussion about how many parts the soul, astral body, etc is made up of. However, for our purposes here we should focus only on what you saw.

Walk into bar, notice the atmosphere, reach out to the spirits. Enter a bar long after it has closed and reach out to the spirits. you will notice they are still there. The spirits cannot quit their desire for alcohol, they are in a sense happy to be that way.

Pro-Alpine
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Interesting, please ask them if there is any food after death.

nicholas
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 03:50 PM

Food only in the form of its spiritual essence. Mankind has a history of leaving food offerings to the dead. Many times cravings for food, sex, booze causes spirits to remain on earth.

I imagine you'll be haunting eateries after death.;)

Mazorquero
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Well, when I was a child I was very found of UFO, esotherism and satanism, the last one as curiosity and not as a believer. Maybe because I was very found of mythology too.
The most spectacular thing I've seen was a circular cloud with an opening in the border (as a garage entrance) and another circular cloud, much smaller, entering into the one with the opening:alien ! I don't remember what happened next, but I do remember it happened in an afternoon, after a rain, when the clouds started to spread out and the blue sky was visible (there was a good general visibility) with white cotton-like clouds (the two of them were like that). The two clouds were quite circular (with imperfections in the borders, of course) and the first really big.
I supose that I was too much influenced by my tastes, and I saw what "I wanted to see":insane .

Veritas Æquitas
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I've experienced strange things be they 'supernatural' or not. At my cousin's place, the stereo would turn on by itself every now and then (but won't shut off), and there's probably a thousand different possibilities of what it could be. Also, I have heard footsteps in the appartment I use to live in. I heard them almost every morning until about 3 months later on when an elder man threw himself off twenty-one floors to his death. I can't recall ever hearing the footsteps after that again. I think it's just a coincidence, others think not. Also, I used to work as a Security Guard at the City Hall here, and while I was walking around I walked into an office of cubicals(sp?) which hold about 50 workers during the workday (I was working nights, hense, the building was empty) and the printer kicked in and printed something. Could've been a fax or whatever, but it was strange that it happened the second I walked in. Also, I was training another security guard when I walked into the very same area, and we both witnessed a stack of rolled up newspaper fall to the floor. It was probably a breeze, since they were partially hanging off. I didn't think much of it.

<><

OMegasPan
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Do you get pissed off at the dentist for acting like a dentist? or a lawyer for acting like a lawyer?

The demons don't know you so it will be formal for the first couple of times for some demons and other spirits.

It's gonna suck big time for you when you try to "punish" something that feels your worth the effort in regards to an ass kicking.

But i try to explain my point of view, that being casual towards one another is better and more nice to do. If they dont understand i hit them with everything i got! Unfortunately i admit its not always enough..

OMegasPan
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 06:51 PM

There is only spiritual food. You ll have to live with that after you die i m afraid.

OMegasPan
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
:doh dear god you're thick skulled. You have just proven that you know nothing of esoterica. Spirits can assume physical forms if they are strong enough to do so.

Please don't summon anything untill you re-learn the basics.

im not into summoning so much, i just trying to convince them that my point is right and they should be more casual in general

Hohenheim
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 07:44 PM
:doh dear god you're thick skulled. You have just proven that you know nothing of esoterica. Spirits can assume physical forms if they are strong enough to do so.

Please don't summon anything untill you re-learn the basics.

You seem to me like an interesting person. How did you learn all those things, and why did you actually started to gather informations about them?

Janus
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I sometimes remember things which I cannot know. Some of them are just strange memories in my mind I can't tell anything about but some of them came true some time after I had it... (too lazy to explain it further at the moment)

OMegasPan
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 01:29 AM
Dont you get certain feelings when listening to certain songs. I would say that i probably felt something unique and special for every song i ever heard and liked.

Isnt it true that you sometimes find yourself 'hearing' that melody you liked again in your mind?

I dont know if these sounds+feeling are stored somewhere in the brain, and what way they can be recalled.

But i had gone out one night in the summer and slept to a cottage near the sea. When i woke up, for some reason i could very clearly listen in my mind the melody from an 'Anathema' song i had been hearing at least before 5 years and i liked it. I dont know what it was. The scenery, the air, the environment? For some reason when i woke up the melody of that Anathema song was stuck in my mind repeating itself, giving me the same nice feeling i had when listening to it in the comfort of my home..

It was like with the known melody, came the state of mind that it accompanies it, for me.

nicholas
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 10:26 AM
im not into summoning so much, i just trying to convince them that my point is right and they should be more casual in general

Perhaps you need better arguements or just to wait awhile and let them think it over.

SubGnostic
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 10:02 PM
A family friend has been into some unbelievable humbug for the last 30 years.
He and his jolly kin practice meditation in front of the computer to intercept intergalactic messages of utopias beyond the stars and interdimensional knoweledge. He empties his mind and the first thing that pops to his mind is actually received from the cosmos. Then he's explained to me how hallucinations aren't actually hallucinations, oh no, that's just a petty human concept. They are actually glimpses of realities from different dimensions of space and time.
He lectured me about people in their community who are able to live from "light-energy" and tried it himself. Well, he lasted two days...
He resents science with the same ardour as any skeptic resents his kind.
I think there's nothing supernatural he wouldn't believe in. And the worst part is that the theories he adheres to, rape and expoilt all sorts of classical, ethnic myths and legends warping them to the garbage he is so fond of.
Oh, yes, and he has worked as a "distance-healer". Now some lady Tatjana has arrived from Russia to the midst of their bunch to feed their imagination with stories how the Russian government carried out secret parapsychological projects. Every moment when he's around is like in the twilight zone.

Aeric
Thursday, November 2nd, 2006, 12:45 PM
If you enjoy well-researched accounts of strange incidents and haunted locations, check out http://www.paranormalstorm.com - there are several articles about a trailer park that has more than its fair share of weirdly awful phenomena. By coincidence, I visited the place to interview one of the residents (a man who'd served on a Royal Navy submarine) - he told me that he'd lived there for just 2 months, but he'd put his 'retirement cottage' on the market for a lot less than he'd paid for it.

I couldn't take any pictures or record the interview because the (fresh) batteries in my camera and dictaphone died in seconds (on the way home I found that my cell phone was 'flat' too). When the old submariner told me that his home was haunted, I got that sinking feeling which says - "Smart move, Aeric, you've travelled a long way to meet somebody who is senile and seeing piskies".

However, whilst I was envisaging having to end my article with that corny journalistic line "I made an excuse and left", a radio (sitting about 15 inches away from me on the table I was using) suddenly came on at full volume and made me jump out of my skin. My host invited me to hang around till after dark ("When the screaming starts") but I had to make a deadline and I didn't take up his kind offer...that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it ;)

Aeric

Alice
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Hmm, I don't know if this will count, but I'll describe the situation in any case. One morning, I was in a terrible hurry and quite irritated at the fact I couldn't remember where I placed a certain notebook. As a surge of anger swelled through me, a glass I had placed on the counter suddenly burst. Perhaps there is some rational explanation for what occurred, but I was definitely spooked. :-O

Theudiskaz
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 01:40 AM
I don't know if this counts as an...encounter, but I have experienced a handful of strange things that could be designated as telepathy, clairvoyence or just plain good intuition.

These two stories are both pretty unimportant, but nonetheless, strange enough to remember. Last year I was attending another university (which has been rated as one of the most haunted places in the world by the British Metaphysical Society). One day on my way to class I was singing "Eye of the Tiger" in my head, ya know, just imagining the tune. Then someone about 30 ft or so away fom me began singing the tune out loud, and what's really strange is that it was perfectly on key. And I never did see the other person singing it.

The other story happened the summer before. I was landscaping a house that a young couple had recently moved into. Somehow I got the sensation that the man had lived there before, when he was a boy. It turned out, after talking to my co-workers that he had in fact lived there when he was young, had moved away, and finally bought his parents old house, years later. I am certain that I never heard him or anyone else mention this beforehand.

I can think of other examples of my strong intuition but they are too personal. Like I said, pretty trivial stuff, but that's all I've got.:shrug

The Horned God
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 01:53 AM
@ Salford.

That's pretty incredible! If I was you I'd leave more glasses of water lying around and see if the phenomenon repeats itself. It would be a hell of a trick if you could reproduce it at will! Uri Geller eat your heart out! :D

As for my spooky experience... About once every two months or so, when I wake up in the morning and first open my eyes, I see an apparition of a large "silvery" spider making it's way slowly across the opposite wall. This has been happening periodically for 3 years now. The spider can appear to be any size from several inches to a few feet across and is usually semi-transparent looking.
The best way I can describe it, is that it looks like a 3D computer model that has been ray-traced but not had texture-mapping applied to it.

The vision seems to remain for as long as I keep looking at it, the longest so far has been two minutes, but the moment I turn my gaze or shift about to get out of bed, it is gone.

I believe this phenomenon is related to what is called Hypnagogia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_hallucinations)or an hallucination on waking. Why it is never anything other than a spider I have no Idea. I do not have a phobia of spiders and I never otherwise spend much time thinking about spiders. :sorry:
Btw I don't take any recreational drugs other than alcohol, and not even much of that in the last year.

nicholas
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Hmm, I don't know if this will count, but I'll describe the situation in any case. One morning, I was in a terrible hurry and quite irritated at the fact I couldn't remember where I placed a certain notebook. As a surge of anger swelled through me, a glass I had placed on the counter suddenly burst. Perhaps there is some rational explanation for what occurred, but I was definitely spooked. :-O

Poltergeist activity occurs usually around young teenage girls. The phenomenon is linked to sexual energy.

Tryggvi
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I had spirits talking to me. The phenomenon had gradually built up over several days. First, the man's talk was totally unintelligible. Eventually, the voice became strong enough that I could understand it. I wrote down a protocol. Coincidentally, I surfed into this protocol (stored on one of my harddisks) about which I had totally forgotten a few days ago.

He spoke Dutch and repeated his sentences always a couple of times. This is the translation.

Saturday, October 20, 2001, 6:30 pm
Man: Let this with the smoking be (difficult to understand)
Man: I am no longer alive because of smoking (clearly intelligible)
Me: Thank you
Man: It's a pleasure (probably)
Man: Do not take the Jews on (precise) *)
Man: And do not take Mrs. ... on **)
Man: Do not mess around with Mrs. ...
Me: Who are you?
Man: I am a torturer(?) (unintelligible)
Man: I am a farmer
Me: Can you speak louder, please?
Man: I can not speak louder, I have no vocal cords
Man: We whites are one people
Me: What's your name?
Man: I'm called (unintelligible)

7:45 pm, while talking to Kath on the phone
(could hear whistling; then a short, repeated melody)
di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-di-daaa-daaa

7:50 pm
(a female voice; very, very soft and unintelligible)
Woman: man, o man, o wow(?) (unintelligible)
(followed by laughter; talk)
Woman: that's not possible
(then laughter)
Woman: write this down you will need it
Woman: 540 507 050(?) 054 057 57807

Not sure if I understood the numbers correctly; also never found out what they are good for.

Never heard of the spirits again. The phenomenon ceased.

*) I was working on a not so philo-Semitic website at that time. I then dumped the project and never published it.
**) I removed the name. A woman I knew and with which I had an argument during that time. I decided to find a benevolent solution to the dispute, and she eventually became a good friend that helped me a lot in things nobody else could have assisted me during that time.

nicholas
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Me: Can you speak louder, please?
Man: I can not speak louder, I have no vocal cords

They don't use vocal cords but they do use things like white noise and they use their protoplasmic energy to create vibrations in air.

Use a tape recorder next time. Then later play it back, the answers might be clearer.

Ragnar Thorsson
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Slightly offtopic but my grandmother haven't slept for 21 years. Not even one single minut. Believe it or not.

She use to be psycho, seeing ghosts and talking to spirits and these kind of things.

Aeric
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I had spirits talking to me...

The phenmomena you described (and the way the exchanges developed) fits many of the published accounts of such communications, so I am glad that you shared this experience with us. There is a theory that spirits/ghosts who remain in the same plane as the living are rather like newborn infants in as much as they have to relearn skills that they took for granted in life.

Lots of poltergeist cases feature early reports of sounds which are unintelligible - sometimes comparing them to the kind of pre-vocal noises that a very young child may make when it is learning to form words. If the spirit manages to achieve speech, complete words and sentences follow and (another point of comparison with human development) there can be mimicry too.

Interestingly, a large proportion of people who have had clear communications from spirits can, if they think back hard enough, recall times when they heard unexplained sounds and noises (moans, goans or sighs) in their homes or workplaces - only long afterwards do they realise that these were the first instances of the spirit(s) attempting to find speech.

Because narrow-minded people scoff and poke fun at those who admit to paranormal experiences, serious research often progresses in small steps - but if we are logical and we add up the points and factors which repeat themselves consistently from case to case, better understanding of 'other wordly' things will be achieved.

If you contact the good folks at http://www.paranormalstorm.com , I am sure you'll get some good information which will help you to put your experiences in their proper perspective.

Aeric

Alice
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Poltergeist activity occurs usually around young teenage girls. The phenomenon is linked to sexual energy.
I've heard that before, but when that particular event occurred, I was about 21. Though the activity generally is centred around younger teens, I take it it can manifest around adults, too? The two cases I'm familiar with (the Enfield poltergeist and the Bell Witch), involved teenagers, if I remember correctly.

Mazorquero
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Salford, that has nothing to do with paranormal phenomena. My mother experienced the same while washing a glass, it exploted as well without any apparent reason. What happens is that practically all materials suffer the "fatigue" and "wear" which would be like becomming weaker with the constant use. In metals when a point in its useful life is reached, the piece may break like glass or in a ductil way. But ceramics (and glass is considered a ceramic) are brittle materials, and their fractures are quite spontaneous and "violent". We don't notice it, but when fabricating ceramic products, a lot of mini-scratches remain in the glass and the constant use, the temperature changes during the day and the action of washing products, specially, weaken the material. At a certain point, the glass is too weak to support the tensions augmented by the tips of these scratches and they start expanding at several kilometers per second, thus becomming fractures that spread appart like an explosion. You may say that you weren't washing it at that time or using it, etc., but that's why engineers hate so much the fatigue phenomenon, because it's difficult to predict and often spontaneous.

Hohenheim
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I had spirits talking to me. The phenomenon had gradually built up over several days. First, the man's talk was totally unintelligible...

And this is really ture? How did he talk with you anyway? And why? And you was not some kind of shocked that moment?

Istigkeit
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 09:57 PM
The closest thing to the supernatural I've encountered was the sound of a woman crying in an old Antebellum house in my home town.

Istigkeit
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM
While camping someone I was with saw a bigfoot. I didn't believe it but the next morning we found great footprints. I did the analysis on the site and there definately was evidence (based on the stride) of a 6 foot 5 inch, "very black" man or animal running at faster than normal human speed at about 8:00 P.M, and twenty miles from any other known human being or campground.

One of my friends claimed to see a Satyr once, in Kentucky. It's some monster that's supposed to live under a railroad trestle. The spot also happens to be a popular place to smoke pot among teenagers.

Tryggvi
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 10:56 PM
How did he talk with you anyway? I had the impression he somehow used the electrics (interferences) of an old fridge to amplify his voice. The voice seemed to come from there, but it was very soft, and as if he used the current to create it. I wasn't at home but in a cottage where I stayed for a few weeks.

And why? I don't know. He wanted to tell me what he did? I would like to know who he was.

And you was not some kind of shocked that moment? Actually, it freaked the hell out of me. But as I said, it gradually built up... I could hear a few words and talking already the days before. I first attributed it to coming from outside (but, of course, there was nobody; the cottage was far away from civilization), and when I noticed the talking came from the fridge, I thought the electrics of the old thing might somehow catch radio waves. All sorts of strange noises were coming from it (and as I write this, something in my closed cupboard toppled down; weird. I don't think there are mice or rats). However, I dumped the idea when the content was clearly directed to me. The sentence "I cannot speak louder, I have no vocal coards", actually came across so relatively loud and clear (compared to the others) that I got the shivers and got up, turned on the radio, and went outside, calling a friend to distract myself. I suppose I could have continued the "interview", and it's a pity that I didn't -- but it's also always very easy to say this, while it doesn't happen. Rationally seen, what could have happened? Nothing. He would have hardly materialized himself and killed me. But one is always significantly more irritated and scared while it happens and just wants it to be over. I think one is scared that the spirit might reveal and tell things, one doesn't want to know. Thoughts from movie "The Evil Dead" (I also was in a cottage) springing up didn't improve the situation either. His voice was really rather creepy. :|

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 11:03 PM
No must say I have not. According to legend, people born on my birthday will never see any paranormal or supernatural experience in their entire life. So Im out of luck I guess. :shrug

Not only that, I tend to be skeptical towards such claims anyways. That may sound highly ironic at first since Im a Catholic,where incidents like miracles and apparitations play a significant part in our spiritual outlook.

Yet in fact the Church has always been extremely skeptical of such claims, and such claims are vigorously investigated to prove their validity. Many people forget that the Church was at first highly skeptical of the claims of Marian apparitions at Lourdes and Fatima.

And even when a claim has been deemed "worthy of faith" by the Church, a Catholic is not actually required to believe that such a incident actually occured.

OdinThor
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 11:30 PM
When some people die they are not ready to leave, at times they are held here

So there is still hope for a comeback?

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/hitler_4.jpg

Red Skull
Wednesday, November 8th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I can't remember anything out of the ordinary that I can't explain ever happening to me. Why must my life be so boring? :~(

Or maybe countless things have happened to me, just that my subconscious mind is too skeptical to make something of them.

Because of this, I do not believe in the supernatural, at all. I believe everything has a logical explanation. If I happen to see a ghost, I would call it natural, or think there was a scientific or logical explanation to its existance.

The stories told in this thread are scary and whatnot, but I can't help to think that either you people are lying or you subconsciously want to believe in the supernatural (because of a past trauma, religious beliefs or mental illness/anomaly/whatever), which in turn influenced your understanding of what you really experienced.

Edit: My English sucks. Sorry.

nicholas
Thursday, November 9th, 2006, 11:48 AM
His soul has quite possibly become an egregore. But beware, the egregore takes in ALL psychic impressions of who the man was. If you choose to invoke Hitler you may get something quite different from the man. This is why one should intensely study the entity they wish to invoke or evoke before doing so.

But yes, you can quite possibly become a vessel for Hitlers spirit/energy.

So there is still hope for a comeback?

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/hitler_4.jpg

nicholas
Thursday, November 9th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I can't remember anything out of the ordinary that I can't explain ever happening to me. Why must my life be so boring? :~(

Or maybe countless things have happened to me, just that my subconscious mind is too skeptical to make something of them.

You are correct in that the mind filters most information. Try this exercise.

Walk down a sidewalk while holding a cup at arms length. Focus your attention on the cup. At the end of the block turn around and notice how many things you missed that were all around you but that you didn't notice.

Kaiser
Thursday, November 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I usually do not mention this at all to anyone.

Two others and I saw something in space which was definitely not from our planet. We were shooting machineguns in the desert in the winter on a clear night. Like me, both of these men are of sound mind and both have worked in special operations as well. Neither one is a dummy by any means. People can judge me however they want to. But these two eye witnesses were as dumbfounded as I was. I thought about getting sworn statements from them but it was decided by all involved that revelation of such controversial information would most likely sabatage my political career. I am so thankful to Odin that these other two men were present that night. Otherwise, I would have doubted my sanity.

I can now proclaim to all those who read this that there is definitely intelligent life beyond our planet out there.

Ice Fae
Thursday, November 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Most people experience either nothing or they've had atleast one paranormal event they can't explain. On the other hand psychics, mediums, spiritualists and other sensitive folk experience tons of supernatural events. I'm one of those few people who is'nt a psychic but has had dozens of paranormal experiences. I say "Paranormal" because they're weird and defy logic and not easily explained. Yes I've looked for rational explainations for them too and it still doesn't make any sense. These events can only be put down to a mystery and that's it.

Mazorquero
Thursday, November 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I think everything has a rational explanation, even the so-called "paranormal phenomenons". They are maybe areas related to physics not well studied. Science has advanced a lot during the last century and something similar will happen in this one, so who knows what new discoveries will lead to us the explanation of this things. The problem is that many serious scientists who try to find an explanation to this interesting issue are thought by their colleagues as being mad, and their investigations don't have enough attention. However, I read an article from 1986 telling about research and development on paranormal phenomenons done by USA and Russia's armies, with militar ends of course.
The other problem are all the bunch of charlatans who take advantage of ingenuous people and make harm to real investigators of these matters. Last year, for example, I saw a documental on tv about UFOs. They showed as always a blurry film of a point suspected as an alien ship, but in a clear and illuminated afternoon. The thing is that the point was a fly! Yeah, that little black annoying insect. You could realise because of the way it flies and because from time to time it landed on a transparent glass put in front of the camera, on purpose. After showing that video (made by an amateur, they said) the host interviewed an "officer from the US Airforce", who said with a serious face "We are in prescence of a very advanced flying artefact, capable of performing atonishing maneuvres that no modern aircraft can do. Look at the way it stops in the air [that's when the fly lands on the glass] and all those agile movements [you know, the fast circles every fly makes when flying], they have a superior intelligence".

Kaiser
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 12:18 AM
It is now publically known that major militaries and governments of the world utilized the Remote Viewing program in all seriousness whereas just a few years ago people where ridiculed for stating so. "Psychic Warriors" and many oher good books are available with de-classified information for the interested reader. The covert MK Ultra program also produced some interesting results. Part of military dis-information programs, however, is to leak just bits of truth mixed with blatant fabrications to crack pots in the midsts of civilians which thus sows seeds of doubt amongst the populace as to the legitamacy of all "conspiracies". Plausible deniablity is also incorporated in covert operations. Therefore, we have a tendancy to deny all conspiracies. Even those which do our race and personal freedoms great harm.

My para-normal experience caused me to re-evaluate all my previous sentiments regarding intelligent alien lifeforms and the very existance of the gods/god/godesses. I also believe that science will most likely catch up closer to nature in explaining spiritual phenomenons to people in the future. Then, people will say of course there are demons and ghosts magnetically, and here is the instruments we use to measure and communicate with them, for example. Or, no, here is the measurable brainwave dis-functions causing these halucinations.

In the meantime, I will believe in the possibility of almost anything. Then seek out reasonable and logical proof of its true existance if it is something which fascinates me. Somethings, I realize, may never be understood by me or humankind ever. Hence, PROST! Life goes on.

Kaiser
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Thorburn: Can you elaborate on what you saw?

Yes, of course.

If you and everyone you knew only knew the colors of the rainbow, how would you explain to them chrome, gold, copper, and diamond? First off, this "craft?" had colors never seen by my companions before ever, with no way to verbally describe them. I can not describe them to you either. Just awe inspiring. Second, it was the classical UFO described "cigar shaped" but it was HUGE! I did not observe it go behind the stars. But one of the witnesses says that's how it looked to him. Either way, it was way out in the galaxy and definitely not in our atmosphere. It travelled from our south to north and out into space. It had no care for our planet what-so-ever and with its immense size could have easily consumed or destroyed us in the process. If it was technology, then it is beyond not only the scope of our technology, it is beyond this planet's resources to create such a thing. It has been likened to "the throne of God" and a moving "heaven" by my compatriots.

If it did infact go "behind" the stars, then this light creation must have occured millions of years ago unless dimensional bending caused the image to appear to us in real time despite the millions of light years way it would have had to have been flying from. I did not see it behind the stars per say, but I certainly could tell it was out in space and travelled at an angle into deep space somewhere. The lights were moving and it looked like a city, the size of California, or something to me? It almost appeared alive. Like a glowing amoeba or something? Dunno. Perhaps we are living in matter where the planets are mere electrons and the suns are atoms and it was something bigger than our plane of existance and time. I simply do not know. The possibilities are endless.

But whatever it was, it was not of this world. It moved with a purpose. Was not any comet or crap like that either. I study the night sky. I know the difference. And although Mr. ***** called the university, the observatory, the local Air Force base, and NASA to report our sighting, no officials claimed to have seen this gigantic object. We all agreed to shut up about it to the public at large and were even fearful that we might be shut up otherwise by those who may not want the populace to know this type of information if we told too many folks about it.

nicholas
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Shhhhhhhhhh...

You say too much...

We are wAtChInG:alien

SubGnostic
Friday, November 10th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I think there's really childish, stubborn and quite rash attitudes towards the paranormal from both the skeptics and the believers. We'll never be able to expand our knoweledge on other levels of reality if scientific and paranormal circles keep shunning eachother. Whereas I'm quite skeptic when it comes to these matters, I don't reject the possibility of the supernatural though I believe that were these matters studied openly and seriously, a school of disciplined and empirical science could emerge to explain and investigate these phenomena. I just can't cope with the delirious ramblings of some people.

I've never experienced anything myself but I'll tell you about an incident that happened to my friend's mother. She works in a municipal medical centre as a doctor. One day an old man who was frustrated with the local healthcare ( I don't have an idea why ), as a protest, stabbed her to the abdomen. The knife hit her liver and sunk all the way to her kidney. Ironically, the facility doesn't have an E.R, so she had to be driven 10+ kilometers to another hospital. On the way she had passed out from the bloodloss and her heart had stopped. The medical personnel tried to resuscitate her for an hour, so she was practically dead. As they were ready to give up and announce her time of death, she woke. Out of the blue. If it weren't for her workplace and skillful personnel, it would have been just as Anna Lindh's case; bleeding for so long that the blood wouldnt've congealed and the wounds healed. After her recovery time she told about what she experienced during the whole mess. It was a classical near death ( well, you could say death in this case ) experience with all the light and warmth. When she felt waking up, at the moment when her heart started to work again, it felt like being ripped from a mothers embrace. She felt cold, dizzy, noxious and she was so pissed off at the time that she punched one of the resuscitators in the face :). Later she found out that when one of her female colleagues were informed of what had happened and that she was at the E.R, this colleague had closed her private reception and gone home to pray. Would've my friend's mother woken, if no one had prayed for her best? Go figure. She recovered quite well, though she has only 1/3 of her liver left, and she's been able to maintain her working pace.

Perkele
Tuesday, November 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM
In general, individuals who first experience things they consider as "paranormal" or "supernatural" and then hasten to deny the logic of the phenomenon or the whole experience, act exclusively rationally by doing so - simply because the cause lies far beyond their capability of understanding.

Some say it's only imagination, but certainly not everything is only a creation of a frustrated and twisted mind when it comes to people who really believe to have faced that sort of things - including my personal experiences and many of my familiars comparables.

Most people lean blindly on their "common sense" (which is merely an entity of causes and effects they've learned during their life -- the majority also border themselves within certain limits of logical reasoning just to secure their balanced state of mind or mental health). It's obvious that not everyone allow such observations into their reality for it would change everything they have used to. Some people never cross those boundaries, some do.

I think it's only logical that one's discovery of something new not necessarily tell anything until more observations are done. Only on a studied and well-known basis it is possible to find a sensible explanation for any reason. It must also be accepted that there's also a lot of those people whom only one truth exists -- the blind and narrow-minded one.

I hope I didn't express myself too indistinctly.

Dropkick
Thursday, December 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM
I believe the world and universe is far more complex than people think it is. If they cannot understand something they think it's impossible, like when people thought the earth was flat.

Time and gravity are interesting because we know what they do and what their effects are but do not know how they work. Like somebody whos able to use a computer but do not know anything about how it's made or programmed.

Chance is interesting too because you could ask what are the chances of you being alive today as you are. I suspect there would be alot of 0's involved!

SubGnostic
Saturday, December 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Chance is interesting too because you could ask what are the chances of you being alive today as you are. I suspect there would be alot of 0's involved!

Even the event most unlikely to happen, when given enough time, will most likely happen.

GreenHeart
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Many little experiences here and there. But I'll tell you all about the one that happens the most often and many different times.

My husband finally got a job, after quite some time of being unemployed. Because of the nature of his job he comes home at widely varying times every day. I remember one particular day, I was watching tv with my son, and I hear my husband coming up the stairs, setting down a bag and turning the key of the door, and closing the door behind him, then I hear him walk into the hallway. My son also hears the same thing and yells ''papa'' and runs over to the door, but can't open it (he's 2) and so I get up and open the door (our living room has a door into the hallway) and no one is to be seen either. It couldn't be just my imagination because my son heard it too. Around 20 minutes later or so he did actually come home. I asked him if 20 minutes ago he had been thinking about coming home and he said ''In fact I was. I had a hard day and was really wanting to come home.''

Often times this happens that I hear footsteps or people coming home shortly before they actually do. This happens a few times every week. When I lived at my parents house I would often be home alone and hear my parents talking or fighting and coming home, then it would suddenly be quiet again, so I would go to look and no one would be there. One time I even started talking in response to something my mom said, and then to my amazement looked up and around the corner and no one was there. My theory is that they are thinking of coming home at this time, and somehow I sense this part of them that is ''going'' there. Otherwise I wouldn't know...

GreenHeart
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I have another one that I would like to share.

One day my mother and I were in the kitchen talking as she was preparing to feed the cats. There was a plastic bag laying on the floor and one of the cats ran inside of it and started playing or jumping around. My mom was quite shocked and got the cat out of the bag immediately, and placed the bag on the counter and filled it with the pop bottles that were sitting there. A few hours later we drove to the grocery store to bring back pop bottles (and get groceries), and as we were doing this the same bag layed on the floor empty as it had fallen out of the cart. An man who worked there came by and looked quite startled, then blinked his eyes a couple times and asked us ''Is there a cat in that bag?'' I looked inside and answered ''No.'' Then he says ''Because I could've sworn I just saw a cat in that bag.''

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Some time ago, gleaning through book reviews on the Net without much intrest, just for the sake to divert my boredom, my eyes were suddenly glued upon the cover of a book. There was nothing truely arresting about its cover design, though that sombre slumbering seascape may have drawn me in a state of bemusement, soothingly lulling me in a state of thoughtlessness and freed of emotional headyness. Time stopped, then the reverie ended and I moved on.

Later a present of a friend of mine arrived, I was struck by a moment of deja vu.
Indeed, I was holding the same book in my hands that mysteriously captivated my attention days before...

Reiver
Wednesday, March 14th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Well I have had many shall we call them synchronicitistic moments during my life,one just happened yesterday. For some reason for the past few days I've been thinking a lot about a Zen teacher I had that passed away about 10 years ago. His last name is rather unusual in Japan it is not a common Japanese last name at all. I have had two dreams about him in the last week.
I work part-time as a consultant and I get numerous calls from various parts of the country. I do not receive many calls from Japanese-Americans maybe once a month. When I got into my office yesterday I got a call as soon as I sat down at my desk, the person gave his name it was the exact same last name as my former teacher. The synchronicity was amazing. For some people put this of as random chance and others would see it as a paranormal experience.

For me it is neither one I've been meditating for over 40 years and have had many many unusual events like this. I agree with one of the senior members who posted here how obnoxious both the skeptics and the true believers can be, I agree with that 100%. I have been trained in philosophy and logic so I recognize a fallacy when I hear one. The skeptics are almost always condescending and full of vitriol. The true believers tend to be out in Lala land.

I found the vast majority of people who claim to be skeptics in the sense of the organized skeptical movement have had some traumatic experience in their childhood with religion or religious figure. Nothing else could explain the incredible attitude they carry with them. Mentioning magic to them to illicists the same reaction mentioning Hitler does to a Jewish person.

Of course we could get into linguistic philosophy and discuss what paranormal means, I don't think that's really been defined accurately. Certainly particle physics would be paranormal to someone in the 19th century now it's just part of scientific theory. My uncle a retired plasma physicist says the Big Bang theory is paranormal, he keeps saying" show me the dark matter baby".

I have had several profound synchronistic events in my life, I have a friend who is professional statistician, as a favor to me I asked him to look at some of these events and see if he could work out some statistics for their likelihood of them happening randomly. In the three cases I gave him his statistics came out to well over 100,000 to one for each event.
That's proof enough for me, but I wouldn't foist it on others, certainly not Skeptics. They're arguments aren't always flawless but when it comes to invective directed at nonbelievers they are impressive.

Whether something is normal or paranormal depends on the limits of your worldview if you believe the current paradigm has exhausted reality and only needs a good waxing and buffing to explain the universe, then anything that can't be explained by reductionism is paranormal. If on the other hand you believe that the current theories are just stages in our understanding and that we can and probably will find deeper understandings then you just classify so-called paranormal as anomalous: and do not deny their existence or go insane trying to explain them at the present time.

There's a saying in Zen, "it's not that the world is unreal, it is that it's far more real than you think." I think Thomas Aquinas said the same thing after he had is enlightenment experience. Another Zenism which I really love is "if you wish to know the truth and cease to cherish your own opinions".
I have a firm belief that one day the current current cosmological model will be overthrown by another model that will explain more of the phenomenon of the universe, and prove many of the present notions and theories mathematically falsible. Many of the things we call paranormal may be normal then. Perhaps that will last a hundred years before our capacity to understand evolves beyond that.

Taras Bulba
Wednesday, March 14th, 2007, 10:48 PM
No, can't say that I have. Must be my birthday. There's actually a legend about how those born on my birthday will never have a supernatural encounter in their life.

Panda
Friday, October 20th, 2017, 11:08 AM
I had several experiences and more so when I was a child but I got to scared and tried to push it away and that is why nothing almost happens now I think.

One of the creepiest ones I had was the one about my dead sister. I had a younger sister by about a year and she died at birth so I never knew her. I always wanted a sister but my parents never told me about my sister that died and they didn't want more kids. Then one day I went to my mother at the age of about 11 or 12 and said, "Why did you never told me I had a younger sister with a similar name to mine?" My mom just looked at me like I saw a ghost and said, "Who told you? It isn't something we talk about because was a sad loss." I answered her, "My sister told me because I wanted a sister and sensed I was meant to have one." This creeped everyone out and that I knew so much about her.

The other big one was when some voice told me to run and run fast. I was actually going to be kidnapped but I listened to that voice and ran and realized why I needed to run because a strange man started chasing me but I ran fast enough and got away. I was about the same age as when I had the experience of my sister. The bad part about this story is that I made it home that day from school but my friend was kidnapped. To this day this haunts me. I told my friend to not walk home another way but my friend didn't listen.

Chlodovech
Saturday, October 21st, 2017, 11:22 PM
Then one day I went to my mother at the age of about 11 or 12 and said, "Why did you never told me I had a younger sister with a similar name to mine?" My mom just looked at me like I saw a ghost and said, "Who told you? It isn't something we talk about because was a sad loss." I answered her, "My sister told me because I wanted a sister and sensed I was meant to have one." This creeped everyone out and that I knew so much about her.

Interesting, can you elaborate? You were 11-12 at the time, certainly you must have some recollection of this conversation, no? And don't you remember anymore how you became aware of your lost sister?

The bad part about this story is that I made it home that day from school but my friend was kidnapped. To this day this haunts me. I told my friend to not walk home another way but my friend didn't listen.

Your friend is still missing? Are you willing to post a link to the official story regarding his disappareance?

Sjoerd
Sunday, October 22nd, 2017, 12:01 AM
I once was hiking and came upon a clearing with a really old and twisted tree. I am a lover of nature so I moved in to investigate.

When I came within 50 feet of it, I began to feel really anxious. I had sudden feelings of panic. My heart rate increased and I began to feel sick to my stomach.

Perhaps it was just a random physical happening

The thing is.... my other two friends who were with me also said they felt sick and that something was 'not right' about that place.

We became quite alarmed and didn't linger long. We began to feel better further along our journey after we left the area.

I am not sure what was going on. Perhaps there is some unseen entity or energy connected to that patch of ground or perhaps tied to the tree itself.

I have heard stories of old native American burial grounds.

Not sure what to make of it.

Panda
Sunday, October 22nd, 2017, 09:39 AM
Interesting, can you elaborate? You were 11-12 at the time, certainly you must have some recollection of this conversation, no? And don't you remember anymore how you became aware of your lost sister?

I kept having dreams a lot about a little girl who was close to my age (but makes sense since my sister and I were one year apart). Anyway, I had several vivid dreams about this little girl who had 2 long braids and she'd basically come to play with me in the dream and talk to me. At first I thought that I kept dreaming of her because I always wanted a sister who would be my friend. Then after a few dreams the girl started being serious with me and started saying that she is my sister. I would tell her no you are not because I have no sisters but then she told me she will prove it. I started being scared of her so I would wake up a lot during serious conversations with her in my dream and it usually wouldn't return that same night. Well, after several of those dreams I guess I believed her story. She told me what her name was going to be, her birthday, and things like that. So, I told my mom what her name was and stuff so she came clean about losing a daughter at birth but my family is creeped out about my knowledge because no one talked about the loss since it was a sad event to remember.

Your friend is still missing? Are you willing to post a link to the official story regarding his disappareance?
As far as I know he is still missing. That day I had a very bad feeling that something bad would happen to him but I didn't know exactly what but I knew enough to listen to my senses based on experiences so that is why I told him to be careful and just tried to prevent whatever could possibly happen but he didn't listen to me and thought I was just paranoid. The next day, however, he did not show up to school and that bad feeling came back because I knew that whatever happened to him happened shortly after school yesterday when I warned him. Then, his mother came to school with a police officer and she was in tears. The police officer told us that her son never came home yesterday and she wanted to know if anyone knew anything. Best I could do was describe the guy who chased me but as days went by I just knew I'd never see him again and we had talks about high school and what university to go to sometimes but he was now gone. I only remember his first name and never watched news then so if I find an article to link then I will. I do hope he was found but I never saw him after that day and I just sense he is in a new place whatever that means...

Panda
Sunday, October 22nd, 2017, 10:30 AM
Since, I am in this thread again I will post another story. Also, most of my experiences revolved around my dreams when I slept and senses while awake. This is one of my earliest experiences and the one I remember the best from that time. I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time and we had a farm, chickens, cows, pigs, horses, etc. I was sleeping one night in my bed near a window and if you would look out the window you'd see where the 2 horses were kept. In my dream I was dreaming that I was sleeping in my bed near my window in the middle of the night and in my dream I woke up suddenly and looked out the window and at that time 2 of the horses managed to escape and run away and I panicked in my dream (not knowing it was a dream, of course) and the panic woke me up. When I woke, I realized it was the middle of the night and I got this feeling to look out the window as I did in my dream. My dream was happening before me! After the horses ran away, I ran to wake my dad, "Dad! Wake up! The horses ran away!." My dad, half asleep, said, "Horses are fine, go back to sleep." I said, "No, they are not! I wouldn't be awake here if they were! Please go look out the window and please hurry if you want to catch them." My dad arose, looked out the window and was like, "Oh, no. Did you see where they went?" I saw twice of course, dream and real life. I told him where to go and told him to hurry if he wants to find them soon. As he left, I added, "Don't make any turns on the road, just go straight and you will find them," and I went to bed again knowing when I would wake up all would be normal again with the horses back and it was so.

Landvettir
Monday, November 27th, 2017, 04:07 AM
When I was hiking in the mountains a couple of months ago I spent a night in an old Lappish hut, alone. At about midnight I started to feel that there was some kind of incorporeal entity in the hut watching me. At first I was frightened, but as the time passed I concluded that if this entity had been malicious, it would have attacked me already, and I finally managed to go to sleep. I have no idea what it was, but it felt very real.

At other times I have woken up at night feeling someone or something tugging at my bedsheets. I naturally assume that it's either a cat or my brother pranking me (not that he ever does that), but after turning on the lights and searching the room I find that there is neither any animal nor a person in the room other than myself.

It has also happened a few times before major life events such as starting at a new school that I've been dreaming about a place, a room for instance, before actually having visited it, and very accurately too.

Sometimes I have seen one of my previous cats who have passed away walking by or sitting somewhere, and upon looking again in shock the cat had vanished.

I'm a sceptic person, but I've had too many of these strange little experiences to not believe in the supernatural. I'm an atheist, but it probably wouldn't surprise me much if any day now a god made himself known to me.

Embla
Monday, November 27th, 2017, 09:54 PM
I am a völva.

When I become connected to a certain person, their consciousness becomes part of mine. I know what they think and I have access to their knowledge and cognitive abilities. I can’t control this ability though, so it seems like a one-way transmission. Something I’m gifted or given.

Also when I become acquainted with a place, the human consciousnesses associated with that place, past and future, and any consciousnesses which are non-human – they all become a part of mine too.

I won't perform seiðr or incantations due to certain loyalties and personal beliefs.

Stanley
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017, 04:00 AM
No, I haven't encountered anything I'd consider supernatural. I'm skeptical of all claims to the contrary and think every one is born out of some emotional interpretation, or various other form of bias, of what is a mere coincidence with a rational explanation.

To not be such a huge buzzkill, however, I'll post about an experience I had this past summer that was strange, one which if I had a less skeptical personality I know I would've attributed to supernatural forces.

My grandmother died in July, after developing a large pulmonary embolism post-hysterectomy for endometrial cancer. She was diagnosed with the cancer just a month prior. As fortune would have it, I was doing a nephrology rotation for medical school in my hometown during that month, at the hospital my grandma was hospitalized at before her death (my medical school is in a different city). I'll always feel fortunate that I was home during that time, and that I was able to visit her while she was in the hospital, including the day before she passed away.

But that's not the strange part. Early that month, after she'd had her surgery and before the embolism was diagnosed, I saw the biggest fly I'd ever seen in my life outside a window. It was an entirely black, menacing-looking horsefly of a type I'd never seen before, that looked just like this one:
https://bugguide.net/images/cache/KRT/ZXR/KRTZXRDZ6R6LMZTLLZWL3LULJLNL7R3Z6RLHMZTL QZAL3L2LFLULLZ9LKRJZMR9L3LBLFL3ZKRNLRZNL MZBL8ROZ3L.jpg

I saw another smaller one a couple weeks later, a few days after my grandma was admitted to the hospital with her embolism, while walking in the hospital parking lot just after visiting her at the end of the day.

She passed away the next week, and on that Friday, the final day of my rotation, was her visitation prior to her funeral on Saturday. Leaving the hospital that afternoon to head for the visitation at the funeral home, I saw, for the third time, one of these horseflies crawling on the window adjacent to the door I exited.

I looked up what these huge horseflies were, and discovered that they were a species called Tabanus atratus. Common name: the mourning horse-fly. I'd never seen one prior to that month and I haven't seen one since.

Wuotans Krieger
Sunday, December 23rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
I can recount to you many strange stories for my late mother was a spiritualist medium and psychic ability runs through my mother's maternal ancestry. Indeed many of my ancestrixes were 'witches' or wise women in the Harz mountains, a region replete in Germanic mythology and the supernatural.

At the age of 12 whilst staying with my relatives in Langelsheim in the Harz I spent a lot of time in my aunt's attic in her quite large house. There was a very big train set in the attic that my cousin Willi had constructed for his son to play with. Whenever I was alone in that attic I felt very uneasy as if someone or something was watching me. It was an unpleasant experience. Indeed I always opened the attic window in case I needed to scream for help. That was how oppressive it felt. On returning to England my mother told me that the attic was where my uncle Willi had hanged himself. He was badly injured in WWII on the Russian front and found the pain unbearable. He died about 7 years before I had that experience. What prompted my mother to tell me this was she kept hearing footsteps going up and down the attic steps on a nightime and knew that it was the spirit of my uncle (uncle via marriage) and she communicated with him and told him to "go towards the light". When she told me this I explained my unease to her about being in the attic.