PDA

View Full Version : Does the Red-haired Gene Come from Inbreeding?

starsfirst
Monday, October 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Someone told me recently that the red haired gene comes from inbreeding. Is this true?

nordischeWut
Monday, October 16th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I think its not ;). People, who come from Iceland often have red hair but i dont think they pursue inbreed. :D

MKG nordischeWut

Tabitha
Tuesday, October 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Well as the shooting season has just begun in Scotland, I suggest you travel there to post this question. :)

Someone told me recently that the red haired gene comes from inbreeding. Is this true?

starsfirst
Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Well noone gave me a serious anwser, not even the person that made a rude remark about going to Scotland to get shot....you seem so defensive but can't anwser this question. Maybe you just don't know

Tabitha
Friday, October 20th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Defensive? No. Stunned by such a ridiculous question? Yes.
Did you fail to see the smilie?

Well noone gave me a serious anwser, not even the person that made a rude remark about going to Scotland to get shot....you seem so defensive but can't anwser this question. Maybe you just don't know

starsfirst
Friday, October 20th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Still you are avoiding to anwser the question intelligently. This was a statement my friend had told me. I came here to get it clarified and hopefully denounced. If your reaction to my question is "RIDICULOUS QUESTION! IM NOT ANWSERING IT!" why not just say that? Maybe i'm better off asking this question in an Irish or Celtic forum....

Patrioten
Friday, October 20th, 2006, 11:17 PM
To my knowledge, red hair as seen in Europe is a result of a genetical mutation which occurred some 8000 years ago (i suck at remembering figures so take this one with a pinch of salt). Why this happened i have no idea but if you google it you might find an answer. I don't think it has to do with inbreeding since by that logic just about every arab ought to have red hair by now :P .