PDA

View Full Version : Which Races Normally Have Receding Chins?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Now that school is back in, I've had the opportunity to observe teenagers where they hang out after school.

I've noticed some teen females that have receding chins. I don't see it that much in the over 20 group. I wondering if it's a result of mixture with Mongoloid. Whites are Mongoloids have been living here together for a long time. Maybe race mixing didn't really start to take effect until 15 years ago. Probably more now than say 20 years ago.

Johnny Reb
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 05:17 AM
How would you describe a recessive chin? Could you post some photographic examples?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 07:05 PM
This girl has a receding chin. You could look up the pic of Himmler, who also has a receding chin.

http://www.americansingles.com/default.asp?p=7070&MemberID=7175356

Compare to this girl, which has a more prominant chin:

http://www.americansingles.com/default.asp?p=7070&MemberID=32144025

Johnny Reb
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 07:40 PM
So if a recessive chin is an asian trait, are you implying that racial mixing is overly prevalent in Vancouver? If it was recent, you would be able to tell by looking at the girls. They wouldn't only have a recessive chin. They'd have slanty eyes or something else. That first girl didn't look like she had any asian traits, although she was Hungarian, which seems to be a sticky point with people here. Sticking my head up straight, my chin stops before my upper lip does. Would that count as a recessive chin, or does it have to be pretty extreme?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I didn't notice that first girl was Hungarian. Interesting. I don't know if a recessive chin is Mongoloid but I see many but not all Mongoloid with it. It is a primitive trait. I'd have to see your pic to make any comments about you.

I don't know if I'd say mixing is overly prevalent here. The recessive chin seems to be more common with younger people than older ones. Race mixing didn't really start to be prevalent until about 20 years ago. So it is possible these teens are mixed to some degree. I think Mongoloid genes are recessive. So maybe if someone was 1/4 it wouldn't show much.

Johnny Reb
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 08:08 PM
I definately don't think mixing is so prevalent here that whole sections of the population would be affected. If you've only noticed it in young, otherwise White ladies, I would suggest it's something else. Perhaps diet? You know this recent trend of girls not eating well in hopes of staying thin. It could be just the opposite of what happens to historically malnourished populations who's diets and standard of living improve.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 08:14 PM
But these girls aren't thin. They look well fed.

Johnny Reb
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm stumped. Maybe it's something in the water :shrug . By the way, where do you observe all these girls?

cosmocreator
Wednesday, September 10th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm stumped. Maybe it's something in the water :shrug . By the way, where do you observe all these girls?

Mostly in Lynn Valley, North Van.

Johnny Reb
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Cap College? Do you go there? You should ask if they want to take part in a physical anthropology study. :naughty

Evolved
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 04:31 AM
http://photo8.matchnet.com/alpha/2003/08/06/02/25726695.jpg

She has mongoloid features because she's predominantly Turanid. Just the eye color is Nordish, she even has yellow skin. She looks like a Turkish or mixed Bashkir woman to me, but no one would think she's odd in Hungary either.

A week chin is a mongoloid trait, in Europeans it isn't necessarily. It's probably from more rugged subraces mixing with the less rugged.

Vojvoda
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Interesting.I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of Turanids, if you don't mind ladygoeth33:)

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, September 11th, 2003, 08:59 AM
http://photo8.matchnet.com/alpha/2003/08/06/02/25726695.jpg

She has mongoloid features because she's predominantly Turanid. Just the eye color is Nordish, she even has yellow skin. She looks like a Turkish or mixed Bashkir woman to me, but no one would think she's odd in Hungary either.

A week chin is a mongoloid trait, in Europeans it isn't necessarily. It's probably from more rugged subraces mixing with the less rugged.

I dont see the faintiest hint of Mongolid traits in this woman, and her skin is as white as it gets in Central Europeans, maybe somewhat ingrained with a brownish hue, but that's typical as an adjustment to the higher UV levels on high altitudes.

She wouldn't be odd in Germany, North Italy, Switzerland....and Belgium, actually when I am rummaging around through the city of Antwerp, I see aplenty of this kind of women.
Her chin isn't especially retreating, but rounded, blunter.
In other words, she is simply an Alpine lady and nothing fanciful Turanid.

Evolved
Friday, September 12th, 2003, 07:39 AM
1. Turkish
2. Kazakh
3. Uzbek
4. Bashkir

I think she is reasonably similar, just with lighter pigmentation. :)

Frans_Jozef
Friday, September 12th, 2003, 11:08 AM
1. Turkish
2. Kazakh
3. Uzbek
4. Bashkir

I think she is reasonably similar, just with lighter pigmentation. :)

Only the Kazakh and Uzbek women are convincingly Turanid in form, the Uzbek representing Pittard's Fenno-Turkid type with small concave noses.
The facial outline of the Turkish and Bashkir ladies is too large for a Turanid and probably harking back to some Eurasian Steppe, if not mixed Pontic type element.

cosmocreator
Friday, September 12th, 2003, 09:27 PM

I've given it some thought, and I must disagree. If it were true, then Anglo-Saxons, Tronders, Sub-Nordics, Keltic Nordics and maybe others would have receding chins. But they don't.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, September 16th, 2003, 12:48 AM
It is as I suspected, I think. I never questioned them -- yet.

I got a closer look at one of these girls and also a guy. Not only to they have a receding chin but they also have an epicanthic fold. Not as large as a Mongoloid but it is still visible. Another female has an even smaller one.

If these teens are not part Mongoloid, I'd be surprised.

Most people would think they are white and besides these 2 traits, everything else seems to be Europid. I'd like to take a close look at their teeth though to see if there is any shoveling.

Tore
Tuesday, September 16th, 2003, 02:43 AM
I got a closer look at one of these girls and also a guy. Not only to they have a receding chin but they also have an epicanthic fold. Not as large as a Mongoloid but it is still visible. Another female has an even smaller one.

What is their pigmentation?

cosmocreator
Tuesday, September 16th, 2003, 04:12 AM
What is their pigmentation?

I'd say central European. The guy was darker like an Italian Med but the girls are fair.

ScotchTape
Tuesday, September 16th, 2003, 04:24 AM
I'd say central European. The guy was darker like an Italian Med but the girls are fair.

Could be native american. A lot of native american has some "white blood" because of mixing.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, September 16th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Could be native american. A lot of native american has some "white blood" because of mixing.

I doubt it. NA are rare here. Chinese are all over the place.

Evolved
Thursday, October 2nd, 2003, 06:23 AM
Here's a better example of a receding chin:
http://www.kazan.ru/people/photos/Rimg0064.jpg
It imbalances her face a lot.

mixxin
Monday, October 16th, 2006, 01:28 PM
<eom>

Agrippa
Monday, October 16th, 2006, 03:30 PM
First its important to distinguish racial from pathological as well as normal constitutional variation. F.e. strongly Asthenic people have usually more receding chins than the more mesomorphic individuals of the same racial variant and there are pathological conditions of the jaws which result in imbalanced receding chins which character is again different from the racially weak or even negative chin.
In general, if speaking about the racial aspect, primitive as well as paedomorphic racial types have weaker chins, with the primitive ones having even weaker to almost absent chins.

Examples: Australid (primitive), Weddid (primitive-infantile), Palaenegrid (primitive-infantile), Bambutid (primitive-infantile), Palaungid Palaemongolid (infantile) etc.

Glynd Eastŵd
Monday, October 16th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I've noticed Mediterraneans have a tendency towards smaller, weaker more fleshy chins, and sometimes even Dinarids can have this trait, making them look 'saggy'. I think these types of chins are much less common in Northern Europe.

Agrippa
Monday, October 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Typical Mediterranids have often smaller, shorter, but still pointy and positive chins.