PDA

View Full Version : Race war in Perth

Alexander Gilroy
Sunday, February 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM
Three Chinese eateries bombed
By Paige Taylor and Roger Martin
February 02, 2004
FEARS of a new terror campaign against Asian Australians living in Perth have been ignited by the fire bombing of three Chinese restaurants.

The restaurants, in Perth's southern suburbs, were all hit within an hour of each other early yesterday morning, and daubed with swastikas.

The attacks were similar to a wave of racially inspired fire bombings to hit Perth Chinese restaurants in the 1980s, but the man behind that campaign yesterday denied involvement in the latest incidents.

White supremacist and self-styled neo-nazi Jack van Tongeren said yesterday that he was on holiday in Gingin, about 70km northeast of Perth, at the time of the bombings.

But van Tongeren expressed sympathy for those behind the attacks.

"This action sounds like the frustrated, angry action of Aussies who feel abandoned by the existing political system," he said.

"Let's face it, we have gone from a prosperous Australian city to a city ravaged by Asian gangs and African crime."

Van Tongeren was responsible for a series of arson attacks on Perth Asian restaurants in the 1980s. He was convicted in 1991 on 53 counts of conspiracy, arson, theft, assault and fraud, and spent 12 years in prison.

He was released from prison in September 2002, vowing to maintain the fight against Asian Australians.

He said yesterday that his neo-Nazi organisation, the Australian Nationalists Workers Union, was no longer interested in bombing Chinese restaurants.

"That was last time. It was an awful long time ago," he said. "We are now in different times and have different methods."

The Lakelands Chinese Restaurant in Yangebup was the first to be attacked just before 3.30am yesterday when a window was smashed and a fire lit using an accelerant.

Ten minutes later, police were called to the Foo Win Chinese restaurant in Willeton, which had also been attacked.

By 4.30am, a third, the Spearwood Chinese Restaurant in Spearwood, had been hit. All three restaurants were daubed with swastikas.

Police Commissioner Barry Matthews, who just hours before had been celebrating the Chinese New Year with members of Perth's Chinese community, said the attacks were clearly racially motivated.

"One would have to look at some obvious suspects and we'll do that, but we also want to make sure that this is not just a loner and we have missed that person.

"We have a strong line of inquiry -- we haven't been sitting on our hands all this time, we've been keeping a watch on certain people but I don't want to go into certain details."

Lakelands Restaurant co-owner Lyn Luong said she, her husband Patrick and their two children had been frightened by the attack, and could not understand it.

"We did nothing wrong," she said.

Mrs Luong said she was a secretarial student in Perth the last time a series of Chinese restaurants were firebombed. "I remember it, but I have never had any racism in Perth."

Prussian
Thursday, February 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
This kind of behavior is counter-productive, rather it increases the measures taken to censor right wing elements trying to further their case for breaking into the mainstream, such actions do nothing but hinder it's growth in the public eye. Exercises nothing but complete stupidity in retrospect.

Schutzstaffelor
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 03:23 AM
yes and may I add that skinheads contribute nill, if anything of value to the preservationist movement

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 05:58 AM
I am not so sure about your basic premise, guys.

Blacks in the USA got nothing without confrontation. They didn't get welfare checks en mass until after they burned down a few inner cities. They, as an entire population, lived off welfare for two generations and introduced a drug-crime-pimp culture that we are finding hard to shake off today.

Who the hell would have ever heard of Adolf Hitler without the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch? That got him Landsberg, Hess as a secretary, Mein Kampf, an introduction to intellectuals such as Karl Haushofer, and political recognition upon which he built and capitalized in 1932.

What about the apartment house burnings in the former East Germany a few years ago? Since then, have immigrants seen the eastern part of Germany as friendly? You tell me, should I go bar-hopping in Dresden today, drunk and singing American songs in the faces of Ossi skinheads there, expecting them to be good little boys?

Politics works on many levels. One is violence or the implicit threat of violence. If this violence reflects popular feelings, politicians tend to respond.

Prussian
Friday, February 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Politics works on many levels. One is violence or the implicit threat of violence. If this violence reflects popular feelings, politicians tend to respond.Indeed it does, however this case was purely an singular act of rampant violence. Such acts get the media attention no doubt but also attract negative public opinion formed from the medias influence therefore pressuring the government to introduce stricter controls in relation to right wing elements.

This act did not further the cause rather it stunted it's growth for the time being, some more intelligent conduct in terms of political strategy is essential to go beyond this set back.

Lidvick
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 06:52 AM
The Multi-Culturalist pigs (Aka enemies of what white preservationist stand for) are looking at these acts of violence to further spread their own lies, propaganda, and decaying tactics against such people like us.

If the movement in all countries is to seek any future more civilized and better options should be looked into.

In my regards violence and war should always be sought as the last option and there are plenty of options before those two should even come into mind.

:thumbup

Prussian
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 02:41 PM
The Multi-Culturalist pigs (Aka enemies of what white preservationist stand for) are looking at these acts of violence to further spread their own lies, propaganda, and decaying tactics against such people like us.Indeed they seek to capitalise on such occurances to further strengthen the basis of their own message with using mention of such singular events in an attempt to discredit the Nationalist foundations of a country as a whole.

Lidvick
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 10:53 PM
To Prussian Au - Absolutely I agree. :)

Schutzstaffelor
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I am not so sure about your basic premise, guys.

Blacks in the USA got nothing without confrontation. They didn't get welfare checks en mass until after they burned down a few inner cities. They, as an entire population, lived off welfare for two generations and introduced a drug-crime-pimp culture that we are finding hard to shake off today.

Who the hell would have ever heard of Adolf Hitler without the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch? That got him Landsberg, Hess as a secretary, Mein Kampf, an introduction to intellectuals such as Karl Haushofer, and political recognition upon which he built and capitalized in 1932.

What about the apartment house burnings in the former East Germany a few years ago? Since then, have immigrants seen the eastern part of Germany as friendly? You tell me, should I go bar-hopping in Dresden today, drunk and singing American songs in the faces of Ossi skinheads there, expecting them to be good little boys?

Politics works on many levels. One is violence or the implicit threat of violence. If this violence reflects popular feelings, politicians tend to respond. yes, but these acts of unwarranted violence only cause the public opinion, and hence the politicians to be formed against us. Unwarranted violence I mean by attacking without strong provokation; for example attacking well established restaurants when they haven't really done anything harmful (that is obvious to the public eye) is unwarranted, but attacking those african soccer players who first assaulted those civilians in Sweden would then not be considered warranted,

Creator
Monday, February 14th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Maybe you should get off your high horse Schutzstaffelor.Do you have a hang up about Skinheads because youre intimidated by them perhaps?

Prussian
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Maybe you should get off your high horse Schutzstaffelor. It has nothing to do with the fact he is on an imaginary high horse envisioned by yourself with regards to his comments. It is a quite logical explanation in pointing out that unjustified & unwarranted conduct is simply counter productive on the Nationalist scale because of the political repercussions that follow as a result of such behavior.

Creator
Thursday, February 17th, 2005, 07:06 AM
You're not really in touch with the real world are you?

Prussian
Thursday, February 17th, 2005, 10:59 AM
You're not really in touch with the real world are you?To the contrary I believe it is more likely you don't understand that poorly defined actions of such a nature impact in a negative manner toward political objective.

Such blind sighted actions do nothing but set back any progress made in the political sense, thus creating more opposition toward making further political gains into securing mainstream support.

The real world revolves around politics in some form or another not individual acts of poorly directed violence that serves no ultimate purpose in doing anything productive in the greater scheme of things.

Such an example would be me going down the street tonight and firebombing some local chinese establishments. Tell me what is the gain in this action & how does it serve the purpose of furthering a nationalist agenda? Simple answer is it doesn't. At best it would give me some satisfaction that I caused some destruction to the establishments. But ultimately nothing in the sense of the bigger picture would occur, the satisfaction would be short lived & would cause more problems then solutions.

Such actions are a fools paradise, changes are made in the political arena not some figment of your imagination. There is absolutely no political justification for such actions only examples of idiotic conduct.

Afterall it is politics that shapes the real world not moronic counter productive actions.