PDA

View Full Version : Finding the Differences Between Reduced UP and Atlantids...

Kadu
Tuesday, October 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Can anyone tell the difference between a reduced UP(paleo atlantid for example) with dinaromorphism, and a Atlantid with dinaromorphism.
Both have bony gonials(dinarids and UP's), i know, but is there something else besides that?

Jwam
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 01:10 AM
the paleo-atlantid is reduced?? I think that itīs only dark CM

Kadu
Sunday, December 17th, 2006, 01:53 AM
the paleo-atlantid is reduced?? I think that itīs only dark CM

When i made this thread what i was trying to say by saying "reduced paleoatlantid", was someone who has paleoatlantid influence without being it, however i know the answer to this question already.

fareast
Tuesday, February 6th, 2007, 09:35 AM
what's the meaning of 'reduce' or 'unreduce'?

catchmeifyoukhan
Wednesday, February 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM
"Reduced", means that an original population of stocky type (let's say the Upper Paleolithics) has been altered either by crossingover with elements of smaller dimensions (like classic mediterraneans) or through internal selection favouring smaller types. Reduction can go in two directions, either "gracilization", which is a horizontal reduction (people become thinner) or "alpinization", which is a vertical reduction (people become shorter). It is CS Coon's assumption that Alpines are mostly vertically reduced UPs, a phenomena that has begun during the mesolithic, which have later (during the neolithic) been mixed with some classic mediterraneans.