PDA

View Full Version : The Mormons of Utah: Are They Mostly Nordic?

Loki
Wednesday, December 1st, 2004, 08:24 PM
I've noticed that the Mormons of Utah are also largely Nordish.

STORMSOLDAAT
Wednesday, December 1st, 2004, 08:31 PM

I will try to find out more info. on the Mormons of Utah. Do you know their main lands of origin?

Well if that Jewsus stuff stops them having sex with subhumans then that's great. I myself worship no semite messiah.

It is a great shame that our own Gods and culture have been rejected, while a religon based on semites has taken over our own culture?

Loki
Wednesday, December 1st, 2004, 08:46 PM
It is a great shame that our own Gods and culture have been rejected, while a religon based on semites has taken over our own culture?
It is a tragedy. Well, bear in mind that a great deal of our ancestors didn't have any choice - they were forced at swordpoint to "convert", and if they didn't do it they were slaughtered - like what happened to the unfortunate Saxons.

Stig NHF
Wednesday, December 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
The mormons are heavily of Scandinavian ancestry. Their state is one of the socalled "Norwegian" states of the USA.

Oskorei
Wednesday, December 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM
The official Mormons unfortunately accept non-whites of all sorts as members of their church today (they didnt originally do this). There are some splinters that are related to Christian Identity in this issue though.

WotansVolk
Thursday, December 2nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
Ja, Mormons are mainly Nordish, but since the recent turn of events of our political system, they were forced to open up or else. Back before the 80s [when the government forced them to allow blacks to become members] it was an all white church. My mother was a mormon back in the 60s. She has some of their unedited books due to that fact, just check out some of these scriptures:

II Nephi 30:6

"And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a blessing unto them from the hand of God; and their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white and a delightsome people."

"...a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan..." (Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:8).

"...for the seed of Cain were black and had not place among them." (Pearl of Great Price, Moses 7:22).

"You are some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessing of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to the line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin."
(Brigham Young, The New Encyclopedia of Christian Quotations, p. 680.)

"The negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concerned, particularly the priesthood and the temple blessings that flow therefrom."
(Bruce McConkie, Mormon Apostle,Mormon Doctrine, p.527, 1966 ed.)

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, page 110.)

"As a result of his rebellion, Cain was cursed with a dark skin; he became the father of the Negroes, and those spirits who are not worthy to receive the priesthood are born through his lineage. He became the first mortal to be cursed as a son of perdition. As a result of his mortal birth he is assured of a tangible body of flesh and bones in eternity, a fact which will enable him to rule over Satan." (LDS Apostle Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966 ed., p.109)

Anyway as being in America during these times as all should know the majority of the population were the germans [and still today the majority of the "white" population are german desendants], it was with only one vote that made our official language English, damn democracy. Also still today mormons live off the land [some churchs stress the importance of being out in the country and indenpeant], family values, and what not. They are like a pro-white organization whom just do not reconize theirself with the other pro-whites. As everyone knows the government wouldn't allow that, so they were threatened to become open for anyone, and change their beliefs or the government would come down on them fast, so they did what they are told. It is also said that the Mormons tryed to convert indians to "make" them white, and they helped the wagon burners all that they could. So now we know they helped the Injuns, and by sword point converted whites... being a christian organization I am totally against them, but they do make reasonable statements... but now they are even lower standards as now even there are utermensch among their rankings. It is still preached that a mormon should get marrired to a mormon to have many children whom are also mormon. It is also preached that mormon communities must be created, and once a man is old enough he shall move away to create another mormon community. You can still find many old mormons that follow the old ways which is nice, and it is true that in Salt Lake City [and all of Utah], it is mainly white... [and nordish!]

Demographics for Salt Lake City, Utah
http://saltlakecity.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

sunne
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 07:28 PM
:viking4: the mormons of utah are mostly of danish descent. and i have a friend who is a swedish mormon sunne

TheAnglian
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
The Mormons come from Palmyra in New York state. They left NY in the early 1830s. Some of my ancestors left with this group to Utah. For example, one was the second wife of the famous mormon Brigham Young.

Palmyra New York consists the following today:
Ancestries: German (27.2%), Irish (18.5%), Dutch (15.2%), English (14.5%), Italian (10.4%), United States (10.2%).

Lenny
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
on the Mormons of Utah. Do you know their main lands of origin?
The mormons are heavily of Scandinavian ancestry. Their state is one of the so-called "Norwegian" states of the USA.
the mormons of utah are mostly of danish descent. and i have a friend who is a swedish mormon sunneActually, all Scandinavians combined make up only ~15% of the white population in Utah. 7% are Danish, 5% Swedish, 3% Norwegian (approximately)

Ancestry of the white population of Utah:
49% British Isles
15% German
15% Scandinavian
6% Irish
3% Dutch
3% French
3% Italian
2% White Hispanic
4% others

Utah is probably one of the most 'Germanic' states in the Union, but in fact the Scandinavian population in Utah is not very big, at least not compared to the Upper Midwest states. (North Dakota for instance: 40% of the white residents of that state are Scandinavian in origin, mostly Norwegian)

Ĉmeric
Sunday, October 8th, 2006, 04:36 PM
When I was growing up I lived in a city that had the largest Mormon population in Arizona. Mormons were considered to be very "White" meaning Nordid White & they were not as influenced as much by mainstream (Africanized) culture. When the Mormon Church was founded most of the converts came from New England, Upstate New York & the area around Lake Erie in Ohio. At that time (1830's) the population of those areas were predominately Anglo-Saxon, descended from the original colonists of New England who came from East Anglia. Later after settling in the Mountain West, Mormon missionaries went to England & Scandinavia where they recruited more converts who settled in Utah & the surrounding states. Originally Negroes could not be full members of the church but when I was in high school the LDS Church changed it policy. At the time it was rumored it was done because Jimmy Carter had threaten to revoke the tax-exempted status of the Church if they did not. The LDS Church is a prostylizing faith & in recent years alot of the growth in church membership is in non-Europid nations among non-Whites so the Church is not as White as it once was. The state of Utah which use to be one of the Whitest in America now has a large non-Europid population & the Church has come out in favor of amnesty for illegal aliens.

Weiler
Thursday, October 12th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Mormons - at least the ones native to Utah - are largely Danish and English.

Danish
http://www-map.lib.umn.edu/bessie/usa/danish.gif

English
http://www-map.lib.umn.edu/bessie/usa/english.gif

Smaller percentages are also Welsh and Scottish.

As noted in several posts above, Mormons, being universalists, accept converts from any background. It just so happens that the traditional base of Mormons in Utah derived from persons of English and Danish backgrounds. No doubt this will change as the religion expands. Anyone who lives in the western U.S. is quite familiar with the sight of Mormon churches, particularly in the suburbs.

Allenson
Thursday, October 12th, 2006, 02:18 PM
When the Mormon Church was founded most of the converts came from New England, Upstate New York & the area around Lake Erie in Ohio. At that time (1830's) the population of those areas were predominately Anglo-Saxon, descended from the original colonists of New England who came from East Anglia.

Indeed! Josheph Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith%2C_Jr.) himself was born only some 20 miles from where I live....

While none of my direct ancestors (that I know of) were Mormons, many "collaterals" (meaning brothers and sisters of my direct-line ancestors) made the trek out to Illinois and then Utah and were amongst the Mormon hordes.

I'm of the stock that stayed behind and maintained our ways here. ;)

Lastly, I would agree that Mormons are very "white" and largely of the depigmented varieties.

Pro-Alpine
Thursday, October 12th, 2006, 02:24 PM
They may be Germanic in origin, but their exotic religion and present day culture is not.

Ĉmeric
Thursday, October 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I do'nt think Mormon culture is un-Germanic. It is very family oriental & patriarchal. They are socially conservative, are opposed to abortion & feminism. They did allow polygamy at one time but the majority never had more than one wife. There are some Mormon sects which still practice polygamy & require their women to dress in old style Amish/Mennonite type clothing but most Mormons belong to the LDS Church based in Salt Lake City. If you had a choice of living in a neighborhood that was predominately Hispanic or one that was mostly Mormon you would choose the Mormon one in a heartbeat. I would'nt want to convert to the LDS Church but they make good neighbors.

Kurtz
Thursday, October 12th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I do'nt think Mormon culture is un-Germanic. It is very family oriental & patriarchal. They are socially conservative, are opposed to abortion & feminism.

So are Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. Are they all Germanic religions?

Ĉmeric
Friday, October 13th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Mormons are part of Western culture. They are more attuned with pre-1960's culture/society than with society as it developed with the post 1960's cultural revolution. They did not embrace the women's movement, the sexual revolution or any of the other self-destructive anti-family trends that have plagued Western societies over the last 40 years. Mormons consider themselves to Christians. The official name of their church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". I know that Catholics & several conservative Protestant Churches do not consider Mormons to be Christians but I think that Mormons are more Christian in practice than many mainstream Prostestant Churches such as the Episcopalians, Presbyterians or the UCC.

Kurtz
Friday, October 13th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Mormons are part of Western culture. They are more attuned with pre-1960's culture/society than with society as it developed with the post 1960's cultural revolution.

Do you consider the Amish community to be Germanic? Would you consider any Western anti-modernist religion to be Germanic?

They did not embrace the women's movement, the sexual revolution or any of the other self-destructive anti-family trends that have plagued Western societies over the last 40 years.

These changes were introduced essentially by atheists. Neither the Pope nor most of Protestant confessions embraced anti-family trends. Do this make them Germanic in essence?

The official name of their church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". I know that Catholics & several conservative Protestant Churches do not consider Mormons to be Christians but I think that Mormons are more Christian in practice than many mainstream Prostestant Churches such as the Episcopalians, Presbyterians or the UCC.

The point pro-alpine was bringing is that Christianity is by essence un-Germanic. This religion from Middle-East stands against most of the values of ancient pagan Europeans: strenght, virility, cultural regionalisms, tolerance when facing other faiths, dyonisiac traditions, courage, affirmative action and life-appreciation as a whole.

Ĉmeric
Friday, October 13th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Is there just one Germanic culture? The Amish are Germanic. Just because they reject modernism does not make them less Germanic. What makes Germanic culture, electricity & the gas combustion engine? They are probably more in touch with the ways of their ancestors then other Germanics. I have seen many posts on this forum critizing the modern consumer culture that most people associate with America. The Amish represent the other extreme.
As for modernist changes in society many of them have been embraced by the mainstream Protestant Churches including ordination of women, abortion rights & gay marriage. The Catholic Church is also having problems dealing with modern society as evident by the recent sex-abuse scandal here America.
Whether or not Christianity is a Western concept or not I am not going to debate you. I believe that Christianity as it has evolved over the last 2,000 years is European & that Protestantism is a distinctly Germanic form of Christianity. If you do'nt want to believe that Christianity is part of Germanic culture so be it, you can choose to believe what you wish, but I believe that Christianity is an integral part of Northern European culture for over the last 1000+ years.

Mr_Doctor
Monday, January 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM
what origin are actually mostly of mormons? mostly fo them that i have seen were actually quite blond..some of nearly white hair or even white
i bet they are the blonder in the usa
i would like to know their origins

Ĉmeric
Monday, January 15th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Many of the Mormons in the Mountain West... Utah, Arizona & Idaho, are of descendants of New England Yankees & converts from England & Scandinavia.
The Danish-Americans I spoke of were usually Mormons. Yes, they are usually fairer then the general population.

Thorsten
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM
what origin are actually mostly of mormons? mostly fo them that i have seen were actually quite blond..some of nearly white hair or even white
i bet they are the blonder in the usa
i would like to know their origins

Could the high percentage of mormons with ressesive traits be due to the fact Mormons generally breed within the limited Mormon community?

Mr_Doctor
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Could the high percentage of mormons with ressesive traits be due to the fact Mormons generally breed within the limited Mormon community?

in fact also in the rural areas where they live often also is not a bigger foreing background population living around

in the opposite case you have the haverage citizen of new york

Peter
Sunday, January 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
They seem very white, but now they are converts from South America and non-white converts.

Ĉmeric
Sunday, January 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Most of the Mormons in the Mountain West states of America are still Nordid, the descendents of the original Mormon converts. But worldwide it has become much less Nordid.