PDA

View Full Version : Oldham councillor on Drug Charges

blanc
Monday, January 30th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Councillor held after drugs find
A Labour councillor has been questioned by police in connection with the discovery of drugs in the wheel arch of a car.
Councillor Asaf Ali, who represents Alexandra Ward on Oldham Council, was arrested on Friday night.

A substantial amount of money was also seized from a house and inquiries by Greater Manchester Police were continuing over the weekend.

Mr Ali was released without charge on Saturday by GMP.

The councillor is due to defend his seat in this year's council elections.

A GMP spokeswoman said: "Following information received by police, officers attended Brompton Street, Oldham to search a motor vehicle.

"Items believed to be drugs were recovered.

blanc
Monday, January 30th, 2006, 08:10 AM
This mornings news: Labour party officials have stated that the councillor has NOT been dismissed, as they are awaiting the outcome of Police reports!

This story appears to me to be cut and dried case.

miss patriotic
Monday, January 30th, 2006, 10:08 AM
no doubt it will be covered up. or there will be some feeble excuse to close the case !!!!!

blanc
Monday, January 30th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Not a chance of covering this up mate, I am like a dog to a bone I will seek the truth.:D

Hell Cell
Monday, January 30th, 2006, 08:46 PM
This could not have come at a better time with the local elections or a better place. So many asians make curropt politicians they should be banned from all kinds of power they just abuse it like they do in their own lands. I would really love it if a BNP woman candidate beat him in the elections in May it would destroy his frail manhood most probably.