PDA

View Full Version : Wolpoff and Lee on the human "species" of Israel

morfrain_encilgar
Tuesday, January 27th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Wolpoff and Lee look at West Asian neanderthaloids and "early moderns". They find that they represent the same group.

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~shlee/Publications/01%20STETlev(BMSAP).pdf

Agrippa
Tuesday, January 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Anyways whatever is the truth about this issue, that humans are no classical European Neandertalids but just Neandertaloids in its widest sence. (difference of -id and -oid)

I always tried to figure out the major different between these two categories.

Of couse this could be just an intermediate early human group which is race or species on its own.
They are at least no tyical Neandertalids, and I would really doubt that they are fertile descendents of a sapiens/neandertalensis mix.

This article is interesting but there are still many questions unanswered...

morfrain_encilgar
Wednesday, January 28th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Anyways whatever is the truth about this issue, that humans are no classical European Neandertalids but just Neandertaloids in its widest sence. (difference of -id and -oid)

I always tried to figure out the major different between these two categories.

Of couse this could be just an intermediate early human group which is race or species on its own.
They are at least no tyical Neandertalids, and I would really doubt that they are fertile descendents of a sapiens/neandertalensis mix.

This article is interesting but there are still many questions unanswered...

If it helps, I know that the "early moderns" of Mount Carmel are described as "Homo sapiens palestinus" or "Homo palestinus".

Like idaltu and helmei, I would like to see palestinus added to the Mallegni et al dendrogram. I would also like to see various neanderthaloids (including UP neanderthals and west asians) and modern populations added to it too.