PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Add A Picture in my Posts?

othala
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 10:24 PM
How do I get my pics in the post instead of a attachment? Do I have to upload the pic to the internet first?

Arcturus
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 10:31 PM
How do I get my pics in the post instead of a attachment? Do I have to upload the pic to the internet first?

Yes.
Once you've uploaded the pictures somewhere, (even here as an attachment) simply copy the address of the pic in between IMG brackets as shown below. (xxx signifies the address)

xxx

perkele14
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM

You can also post them as attachment, copy the address of the attachment and paste it in the "insert image" - field.

Like done with here:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7035&stc=1&d=1135031546

perkele14
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 10:39 PM
"I would have been first with it too if it weren't for the slow server" :P

Blutwölfin
Monday, December 19th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Go to tinypic.com (http://www.tinypic.com), upload the image and copy the img-link into your post.

othala
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 07:21 AM
You can also post them as attachment, copy the address of the attachment and paste it in the "insert image" - field.

Like done with here:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7035&stc=1&d=1135031546

When I do this, the images also appear as thumbnails. Why?

What is the best size to post classification pics? I put the latest ones in at 250 x 186.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 10:56 AM
The best size is nothing bigger than 500x500 and up to max 150kb I guess. Really, nothing, even classification pictures, need to be bigger. Have a look through the other threads, most of the pictures are even smaller.

Please use an image host like tinypic.com instead of uploading huge files again. This is using bandwith and lots of people don't have a fast internet conection and it takes ages for them to open a megabite file.

Constantinus
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 11:21 AM
I usually host my pictures on leftie websites. Join, make a few posts (no trollposts), then don't post anymore. A few months later, you can edit your old posts by uploading new attachments to it, and noone will notice. Have your enemy pay for your storage. ;)

lei.talk
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 05:57 PM
Please use an image host like tinypic.com instead of uploading...how long will they host the image?

is off-site hosting the explaination
for the little squares with a red x,
instead of an image,
in some posts?
...on leftie websites...make a few posts...edit your old posts by uploading new attachments...Have your enemy pay for your storage.haha! deviously clever.

would you suggest
some deserving and reliable receptacles?

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 06:03 PM
how long will they host the image?

For a loooong time. I host my signature there and I use it for a long time now. Maybe they delete the files after half a year.

is off-site hosting the explaination
for the little squares with a red x,
instead of an image,
in some posts?

It's actually only a hint for a broken image. This can also happen when someone deleted the file not correctly, when someone didn't copy the URL correctly or when the image has a wrong format.

Constantinus
Wednesday, December 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
haha! deviously clever.

would you suggest
some deserving and reliable receptacles?

Just follow your heart my friend. ;)

othala
Thursday, December 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
The best size is nothing bigger than 500x500 and up to max 150kb I guess. Really, nothing, even classification pictures, need to be bigger. Have a look through the other threads, most of the pictures are even smaller.

Please use an image host like tinypic.com instead of uploading huge files again. This is using bandwith and lots of people don't have a fast internet conection and it takes ages for them to open a megabite file.

Do you mean that I should upload them to tinypic instead of inserting them into the post? Does inserting them into a post use too much bandwidth?

I had no idea how big the pics would be until a post mentioned it and I checked it myself. This is the first time that I uploaded pics so its a learning process.