PDA

View Full Version : Borreby as a Brunnid derivative?

Väring
Tuesday, November 29th, 2005, 06:24 PM
SNPA has Borreby as a form of "Upper Palaeolithic survivors , Aboriginal northwestern European racial types, descended from the post-glacial hunting, gathering, and fishing populations of the Upper Palaeolithic".

Unlike the Brünn, i do not think that the Borreby type is related to the low-skulled group of West-Europids, but rather to the East European ("Brunnid") group because of the great heigh of the head.

Triglav
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 04:09 PM
I see these types as just local Mesolithic types, spanning from Borreby and Ofnet to Afalou bou Rhummel, all of them being large- and broad-headed.

Agrippa
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
I see these types as just local Mesolithic types, spanning from Borreby and Ofnet to Afalou bou Rhummel, all of them being large- and broad-headed.

I think the same, a clear division was no reality though we could argue about such Eastern relations. I sum all of this variants - if neither reduced nor infantilised, as Cromagnoids together.

Sigurd
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
What I often find interesting is following kind of people:
If one side is Borreby, the other is a non-Noric, darkhaired Nordid-Dinaric intermediate. The child arising from such pairing would often fall into the Dinaric stereotype, for both the brachycephalia and the dark look, although the Nordid side is predominant. ;)

Hmmm, Väring, you do present a valid point. Borreby's I have also always found to generally look more north-east than north-west.

alphaknave
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 08:09 PM
What I often find interesting is following kind of people:
If one side is Borreby, the other is a non-Noric, darkhaired Nordid-Dinaric intermediate. The child arising from such pairing would often fall into the Dinaric stereotype, for both the brachycephalia and the dark look, although the Nordid side is predominant. ;)

Hmm, strange you say that. My grandmother is some type of Nordid and my grandfather is mostly Dinaric, yet my mother and all her silbings take the appearance of Nordid almost completly. 80% of them (10 in all) have blonde hair and a rather Anglo-Saxon look. What you say makes me think my grandfather has a greater amount of Nordid influence rather than Dinaric in him. I should really get some old pictures cause it is hard to tell when he is old.