PDA

View Full Version : How Long Do You Expect To Live?

Death and the Sun
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I suppose the title is rather self-explanatory. ;)

Blutwölfin
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 06:28 PM
If I won't have an accident I expect to have a rather long life. I live quite healthy, eat healthy things, no fast food crap, do a lot of sport.. So probably 80 to 90 years. All my relatives got very old and no one had a severe illness like cancer.

Arcturus
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Seeing all my grandparents are still alive and in their mid- to late-seventies, genetically I should be OK.

The three things that may kill me prematurely are 1. my big mouth 2. smoking (though both my grandfathers smoke 1-2packs a day) 3. a car accident, seeing as I don't much care for new, safe automobiles as much as old, seatbeltless ones :cool:

Blondie
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 10:55 PM
My daughter's great-great-grandmothers are still very much living, so what does it say about our life expectancy? I hope it says a lot.

SouthernBoy
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 10:57 PM
30-35 years

Sigurd
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:07 PM
calculated on the average of my great-grandparents age when they died,

roughly 74.29 years.

Blondie
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:10 PM
calculated on the average of my great-grandparents age when they died,

roughly 74.29 years.
Mine are in their 80's and the last great-grandparent who died was in their 90's.

Sigurd
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Seeing all my grandparents are still alive and in their mid- to late-seventies, genetically I should be OK.

The three things that may kill me prematurely are 1. my big mouth 2. smoking (though both my grandfathers smoke 1-2packs a day) 3. a car accident, seeing as I don't much care for new, safe automobiles as much as old, seatbeltless ones :cool:

yes, exactly my stance too :D genetically i should be fine with 3 of my 4 grandparents still alive (at 74, 69, and 68) and only one dead (he made it until 75).

But I as well
1. have a way too big mouth (theres been several occasions where i just evaded a fight)
2. smoke
and
3. live quite risky otherwise

Loki
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I honestly don't know, and perhaps don't want to know... :speechles

Blondie
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:17 PM
3. live quite risky otherwise

Should I ask? ;)

Sigurd
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Should I ask? ;)

I guess this was a rhetorical question in the first place ;)

Some harmless examples:
Hmmm I used to have a really really adventurous past :D (won't like to come back on that one...)
And I am a pretty crazy skier... (luckily my bones are stable...)
And I seldomly use traffic lights to cross the street (and have only been hit by a braking car once...)
I often down drinks (gives you the kick :P...)
I go in T-shirts in deepest winter, when it's something like -5C outside with windspeeds of 30mph (and it's ended in pneumonia or bronchitis more than once)
I never use sun-milk. (I don't burn hard, but when I do...)
I am afraid I eat too unhealthy (...)
I tend to try to fix broken stuff myself (and i'm not a mechinal/electrical genius...)
Brief indecisiveness followed by harsh impatience (see below:)

Prime example of last one: When I was 5, I had to decide whether to go left or straight on my bycicle. In the last moment I decided to go left and lost two of my milk teeth after hitting a signpost because I had tried to do a risky turn instead of having the patience of turning around properly. :redface:

Nothing to worry really, but it could eventually get me killed very easily.

Blondie
Friday, November 11th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Milk teeth? Is that "baby teeth" you're referring to?

Well, I'm sure you're not that risky. You're not black. :)

Thobjorn
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005, 02:37 AM
i dont plan on growing too old... not that im unhealthy, or anything, i just don't want to die of old age.

Heidenlord
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005, 03:09 AM
I don't know, but I am sure with my luck that once I feel that I am happy I will die the next day. Does that make me a pessimist? I am just sure once I feel like I made it and find me a suitable mate, I am going to die shortly there after. I am almost convinced that I am cursed.

Though all my grandparents made it 75+...

Heidenlord
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005, 03:24 AM
I just had a scarry thought... I am going to turn 80 in 2057...yikes!!!!I wonder what the world will be like then...

Nightmare_Gbg
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005, 03:39 AM
I should be lucky if i reach 50.

Skildur
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005, 03:53 AM
70 is good enough for me. (Of course I hope that I will live forever, though) :D

brian
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005, 04:45 AM
I chose between 35 and 60.

I am generally inactive, find myself not eating well (but this could change based on the circumstance.) I think a heart-attack will take me, if not a car accident. I have a deep mistrust of drivers behind the wheel of autos. I had a few terrible experiences with inept drivers, that, for every little traffic mishap people do, I cringe.

The age range I quoted is my pessimism at work; I tend to underrate things though. But, I do want to grow old, living a worthy life.