PDA

View Full Version : When will the FEB be banned in England?

Loki
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 12:07 PM
When will the Full English Breakfast be banned in England?

With an ever-increasing Islamic population, and that population ever more demanding for us to revert to their religious-extreme culture, one has to ask when consumption of bacon will be declared offensive and undesirable in public.

Or, when will Tesco and ASDA stop selling bacon? Bacon on the shelves could potentially be offensive to Muslim customers.

Some UK banks have already started offering products which are compliant with Shariah Law.

http://www.seafrance.com/en/img/english_breakfast_bras_2.gif

hauer
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 12:14 PM
It makes you think, doesn't it? The British politicians need to take a stance. England should be all about English law, English manners and English custom. I see no point why a muslim should have a say...

Loki
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 12:19 PM
England should be all about English law, English manners and English custom. I see no point why a muslim should have a say...

This comment of yours is considered racist and unacceptable. England is now a multicultural country, and not only English anymore.

RoyBatty
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Some UK banks have already started offering products which are compliant with Shariah Law.

Not to mention banning the piggybank!! Oink Oink Oink!!! :D

http://www.normalbobsmith.com/design/douglas_3piggybank.jpg

SouthernBoy
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 03:33 PM
This comment of yours is considered racist and unacceptable. England is now a multicultural country, and not only English anymore.
It is "English", but it is "English" that is not "English" anymore. The word has lost all meaning.

Death and the Sun
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I don't think the situation can possibly be that bad in England, and I don't think that some bank manager getting rid of piggy banks just to be "politically correct" is any major cause for concern.

Actually I hope some Muslim cleric will come out and demand that all pork products be banned, and all England's pubs be converted into waterpipe cafés. It will never happen -- the English people would absolutely not tolerate it -- but it would wake the majority up to what's happening to their country that much faster.

Btw, what's that triangular thing between the friend tomato and the sausage? It looks like a nacho chip, but that can't possibly be a traditional part of the FEB, can it?

Death and the Sun
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I voted "never", btw -- if this actually does happen, it won't be in the foreseeable future imo.

Loki
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Btw, what's that triangular thing between the friend tomato and the sausage? It looks like a nacho chip, but that can't possibly be a traditional part of the FEB, can it?

It's a hash brown. :) Made from potato, very nice.

Heidenlord
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
It's a hash brown. :) Made from potato, very nice.

Dammit, making me hungry!!!:icon_mrgr

RedJack
Sunday, November 6th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I agree with Eldritch, this will never happen because the English would finally rebel. Things are much worse than I ever thought they could possibly get in GB, but I think the tide is starting to turn.

RoyBatty
Monday, November 7th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Let's hope so but I have my doubts. During the last round of elections the same sad predictable voting patterns were evident and general voter apathy ruled the day.

Until the day that opposition parties get their acts together and people get mad enough to take an interest in making their votes count nothing will change.

Sigurd
Monday, November 7th, 2005, 12:12 AM
:O

"Bacon! The bare mention! For a diehard muslim like me that is Allah's word that we've been forsaken! Dirty animals! Don't eat them in our UK!" :gay: :speechles

ChrisDownUnder
Monday, November 7th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Given the growing assertiveness of the Muslim community in England and elsewhere in Western Europe, strengthened by the fact that their numbers grow with every passing day, I think they will push for more radical changes sooner rather than later (5-10 years).

Yet as they demand for more and more changes in their ‘host’ countries to comply with their religion, I hope that increasing numbers of native Europeans will become fed up with their incessant demands, and therefore unwilling to tolerate more of this nonsense.

Sigel
Monday, November 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
This hits the nail on the head. The establishment genuinely holds this to be a matter of fact. They don’t just believe it, they also encourage it.
With this in mind I voted five years. Obviously we can’t say if it will come to pass but theoretically there is no reason why, if Muslims raised objections next week, the process would not start to move in their direction.

It would be greeted by Sun headlines screaming “Hands Off Our Bacon”, but in more Muslim dominated areas it would start to vanish from shop shelves. Most people wouldn’t notice it at first and marketing executives would explain it in terms of profit and downward sales.

Then look for the “Pork is bad for you” scientific-study-style stories. The health gurus who would advise one to not eat it.

Over a period of time a climate would ensue that was anti-pork. Supermarkets would feel pressured into removing it and would put a positive (health/choice) spin on it with the consolation that it is still available on-line for those who want it.

Producers would find it increasingly unprofitable and would switch to more ‘acceptable’ lines.

Fear of retribution may also be an incentive for others to make the move.

In five to ten years time the man in the street could say “We used to eat pork when I was a kid, but it’s gone out of fashion, like black pudding. No one seems to eat it nowadays and I’ve no idea where you could buy it”.

Is this a ban as such?

Does it need to be?

Constantinus
Monday, November 7th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I actually started to appreciate bacon for breakfast when I went to England. Pigs taste good.