PDA

View Full Version : "Brits have 1.8% Sub-Saharan DNA" Evidence?

Krampus
Friday, January 23rd, 2004, 04:13 AM
As stated by AWAR in the Kemp thread.

AWAR-

Brits have 1.8% Sub-Saharan DNA

If anyone else is familiar with the study he's talking about if you could post a link or source I'd appreciate it.

Loki
Friday, January 23rd, 2004, 07:14 AM

AWAR-

If anyone else is familiar with the study he's talking about if you could post a link or source I'd appreciate it.

Sounds like nonsense to me. Unless I see a credible source for that figure, I would shelve it.

Euclides
Monday, January 26th, 2004, 11:11 PM

AWAR-

Not found in Human Genetics

Human Genetics
Publisher: Springer-Verlag Heidelberg
ISSN: 0340-6717 (Paper) 1432-1203 (Online)
Subject: Life Sciences , Medicine

Stew
Tuesday, January 27th, 2004, 01:01 AM
If this is true could it not be due to the massive influx of negoids from the carribian, or are they claiming this is indiginous British genetics?

You have to take everything witha grain of salt these days.

Gladstone
Tuesday, January 27th, 2004, 08:44 AM
If this is true could it not be due to the massive influx of negoids from the carribian, or are they claiming this is indiginous British genetics?

You have to take everything witha grain of salt these days.

Some have claimed that when Rome had its legions in Britain that some of the legioanaires were black; the idea stated was that the legion (of several in Britain) in particular was from one of Rome's African provinces. I have never seen any direct evidence, ie statuary or for that matter that Rome ever had any black legioanaires whatsoever. It's hearsay to some extent..perhaps someone knows more.

Nordhammer
Sunday, February 1st, 2004, 03:17 PM
The only genetic study I'm aware of about Brits claims that 1% or 1 out of 100 Brits has very minor Mongoloid or Negroid ancestry. Basically it's insignificant, certainly much lower than most other countries.

Loki
Sunday, February 1st, 2004, 05:47 PM
The only genetic study I'm aware of about Brits claims that 1% or 1 out of 100 Brits has very minor Mongoloid or Negroid ancestry. Basically it's insignificant, certainly much lower than most other countries.

Exactly. I think subtle wordplay is the confusing (deliberately?) factor here. There is a world of difference between:

1) Brits have 1.8% Sub-Saharan genes; and

2) 1.8% of Brits have Sub-Saharan genes.

Spot the difference? ;)

Nordhammer
Monday, February 2nd, 2004, 07:50 AM
Exactly. I think subtle wordplay is the confusing (deliberately?) factor here. There is a world of difference between:

1) Brits have 1.8% Sub-Saharan genes; and

2) 1.8% of Brits have Sub-Saharan genes.

Spot the difference? ;)

To my knowledge:

1) It's approximately 1% or less, not 1.8%

2) It's 1% of people, not all Brits having 1% admixture

3) It's Mongoloid or Negroid, not exclusively Negroid. Exclusively Negroid is probably much lower than Mongoloid.

We awaits AWAR's evidence for his claim, otherwise it is just defamation.