Vojvoda
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004, 04:57 AM
http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

Agrippa
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004, 12:22 PM
I'm a lefthander too... ;)

Julius
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004, 01:39 PM
They often say that left-handers are idiots... And it might often be the case! But I wonder if it also by itself can help create very special individuals who differ from normality.

The scientists know quite well where different kind of thoughts take place in the brain. For example, special structures and a bigger size of the prefrontal area of the brain are advantageous for visualizing and solving problems, and it might have evolved at the cost of certain other capabilities.

I've read a theory that left-handers have to use more of their right side of the brain because there is some fault at the left side of it. So while right-handers mostly use their left side of the brain, left-handers are forced to use more of both.

Just as it seems many light-mixed (mixes of subraces within the main White/Caucasoid race) can produce extraordinary geniuses who strive for (decadent?) originality.

Agrippa
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004, 02:45 PM
One theory is also that lefthanders are more differentiated and tend to be tall-long build.
But thats just an old theory I read sometimes, dunno if its true and I didnt investigate in it too much...

Some also say that they are bi-handed and just differentiate, specialize themselves later in life and after this specialization to come back to right is somewhat problematic.
Of course I'm more bi-handed than lefthanded only. (hard things with right, writing with left)

But would be interesting to hear other theories...

Triglav
Wednesday, January 21st, 2004, 02:54 PM
I'm a lefthander too... ;)

Here's one more. :)