PDA

View Full Version : Using PGP for Private Messages

Zyklop
Friday, October 7th, 2005, 05:19 PM
To protect your private correspondence you should use encryption programs like PGP or the open source variant GnuPG (both compatible).
Simply write your text, copy it to the clipboard, encrypt clipboard and paste the encrypted text. Of course you first need the public key of the recipient.

Important:
After some testing of Thule and me we found out that the PM system somehow disfigures the encrypted text so the program is unable to decrypt it.
You have to mark the PGP block and klick on the php-button of the editor so it gets posted as php code. Then everything should work fine.

Zyklop
Tuesday, October 11th, 2005, 06:23 PM
My Public Key:

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32) - WinPT 0.10.1
Comment: GnuPT 2.7.2

mQGiBENGn2kRBACGsthNIxHVQwKEzBL6gjjRdGHK 1kkPTuy1BpuxoUk9D6SbdnN3
z963sYSbX6TgYQaQ2nFTEA80q2ar7wQofyfA/75CBfgzYEGoGuNcsEucil3ai93a
xtcFYRP/2SCBv2k8LyuMKsU2hdgZe+G+NffqJEgzc3LHOXmA 3tGcmSPDBwCg5+P5
Y+usgIxXXZDlaonINt23vOkD/05WWeV8vOemTW3mXXL2ex8VTqyts6i/pW+94Dct
qQuyoQ6C2um7O+GOwC3zgi+raPcVhvYn6ouYfLDB 1wOpsllK6FAO0N6zn5d05O58
xz4psv/zeo/gwiM0+ola33bnnZ4k5m+VxuiI5uAp1fYNex77dq1 ZKrGC1jBguz+E
8cAkBACFQTB4yUwqYQIbBXxv/EmA0yvF6Pwi25WDmuUQtGWnHY7u9ywpdvOsSvyl
K4J/vLRLu4A/sOvHB6L0QNuKw4/p1MmaMAeLiL1PnW6y5Az8rhaVRbC09mf2FJ7x
2I3k1EWaLsMrHiL1sger4MmJ5htqJY8dn877enkj ZiDOryr/q7QaWnlrbG9wIDxa
eWtsb3BAWnlrbG9wLm9yZz6IXQQTEQIAHQUCQ0af aQYLCQgHAwIEFQIIAwQWAgMB
Ah4BAheAAAoJEF5eFt/gb3dV/IQAn1StY+QvlRFEs/gwjgNkCkMzsOGgAKCdp0bK
Kl1ISj9lO8TvgvuGaOUPArkCDQRDRp98EAgApvQy fR77PdqXHDJJ/hwbFt/4h9sy
4MRak/DXvV/P3RPVAaVC7FiX/4xX58tMEPqSdgdoCJkcfP5Ky3hoo0FDoEQg1Xje
XjGKsrAZvf7ky2fyLsH09GoalZoMcSIIwOjVw2M2 2kTIqt2arJSPrS8e8Gpu876N
Uh5yE/e0S/A5lNxzTgL1dczw+jK1Ywu7B6NPNETwDW6l4+/MaDzSxfcVtG7VZcAx
/XSaQMn6CWB5VTUSGgTvb+hMEFIe//z/Emt+yzQ/QXf8uNantLhYN4XhIJKF8qU+
jvRWzaVi38hLn+sDL7rPUV6ASppC0uXRZpUzJYci xZEb97r4/p0nhan2twADBQgA
j8/ry3lY+8vTWOJ4r/7NPAOJsah7cdBosjxxBJmA6QrYl7iKPOSZfhQF1Z OyUjZT
agWXv+UbqnJ6yZcjj6KN5y5SzyM2Dtdwip7lqRHk XG32ZVkuuABXlKjeixA504dV
P2pnJTxs36xjmGtkzsx1mtbj+qdS6U5NuQlsEpgw Z6itXyXm8g7gnba2HG5dhmwf
N3Vbh8c/s41IpWxzB2Bs+NpB/mwOhVObS4f3MdTdPUgW1oDgWKzNYGZtUsWC5x7H
330ZTXcjTBeFoTjMfcsJGmlV3pojWqgqsKBWJRDN oJ7HZajwORDVBiaM8tr1A9mN
803BY7ZjE4lNvPtcwqCjLIhGBBgRAgAGBQJDRp98 AAoJEF5eFt/gb3dVPXgAnjLB
OeGRIaZ9vEO7HcSt4RoqbIdxAKCJALytT5dWSEIZ 6S9j1deMn/UkCA==
=XlEr
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

fms panzerfaust
Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 03:54 AM
I've seem that some of the german members from Skadi are using a pgp key, indicated in the profile to the bottom left. How I can implement one?

I'm growing a bit paranoid since after the brazilian government started to pressure Google in August to send personal information of Orkut members to their hands. I dont use Orkut, and refused all invitations to create an account there in the last two years. The government is saying that they want to hunt paedophiles and drug dealers in Orkut, but I known this isnt true. There are some NS groups in Orkut (some of them pseudo-NS), but anyways, the brazilian government is trying to inflict the first amendment of the US constitution, where Orkut is hosted. I get worried about that. I known that I can get arrested if I put my opinions in brazilian servers, then I always search for US-hosted foruns. Some time ago, sites hosted in Libertad de Opinión were deleted by order of the argentine government, through a petition from the brazilian government. How is it if this is going to happen in the US?

How is going that issue about the servers anyway? How I can get a PGP key and use it on Skadi? Is there some special procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Vilay
Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Look HERE (http://forum.forums.skadi.netdisplay.php?f=551)

Aeternitas
Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I've seem that some of the german members from Skadi are using a pgp key, indicated in the profile to the bottom left. How I can implement one?

Pgp is useful if one wants to e.g. encrypt the content of one's private messages (see this thread (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=66371) for info).

I'm growing a bit paranoid since after the brazilian government started to pressure Google in August to send personal information of Orkut members to their hands. I dont use Orkut, and refused all invitations to create an account there in the last two years. The government is saying that they want to hunt paedophiles and drug dealers in Orkut, but I known this isnt true. There are some NS groups in Orkut (some of them pseudo-NS), but anyways, the brazilian government is trying to inflict the first amendment of the US constitution, where Orkut is hosted. I get worried about that. I known that I can get arrested if I put my opinions in brazilian servers, then I always search for US-hosted foruns. Some time ago, sites hosted in Libertad de Opinión were deleted by order of the argentine government, through a petition from the brazilian government. How is it if this is going to happen in the US?

How is going that issue about the servers anyway? How I can get a PGP key and use it on Skadi? Is there some special procedure?

Thanks in advance. Sounds to me like encryption of the whole Internet connection in combination with a proxy would be more secure in such cases. There is a SSH tunnel (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=28234) option for funding members on Skadi.