PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Eat For Breakfast?

Northern Paladin
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 10:04 PM
For me it's typically a good bowl of Kellogs Corn flakes. Sometimes it's Cheerios or Lucky Charms but never ever coco puffs.

Occasionally I will go to Mcdonalds. I love their break fast menu and will usually order a Steak/Egg and Cheese Bagel or Sausage Egg Mcmuffin meal with hash browns and orange juice.

Arcturus
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Mr Healthy himself :rolleyes: :D

I don't eat breakfast, can hardly chew and swallow anything in the mornings, its just revolting. I don't think I've eaten breakfast since the military (where you more or less had to force it down in order to have enough energy). A cup of coffee and a smoke is all I want these days.

What was that I said about being healthy...?:scratch:

HIM
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
For me it's typically a good bowl of Kellogs Corn flakes. Sometimes it's Cheerios or Lucky Charms but never ever coco puffs.

Occasionally I will go to Mcdonalds. I love their break fast menu and will usually order a Steak/Egg and Cheese Bagel or Sausage Egg Mcmuffin meal with hash browns and orange juice.

Although I don't really eat fast food and I hate McDonald's, their breakfast menu is pretty tasty. Only problem is, I'm never up that early. :D

However, I generally don't eat breakfast. I don't have enough time on the weekdays and I usually sleep until noon on the weekends. (Last Sunday I slept until 6pm. :laugh:)

hauer
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
One or two glasses of milk and two-three rye bread/white bread with cheese, jam or 'rullepølse'.

Siegfried
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Orange juice and a slice of bread.

SouthernBoy
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 11:41 PM
Usually, Cheerios© and two-percent.

Glory
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Eww Mcdonalds. Haven't eaten there for three years and glad. My breakfast is usually two bowls of cereal either Raisin bran or wheat cereal, two pieces of toast, big glass of milk, some fruit, etc.

Blood_Axis
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 11:49 PM
Mr Healthy himself :rolleyes: :D

I don't eat breakfast, can hardly chew and swallow anything in the mornings, its just revolting. I don't think I've eaten breakfast since the military (where you more or less had to force it down in order to have enough energy). A cup of coffee and a smoke is all I want these days.

What was that I said about being healthy...?:scratch:
Same hear, dearest.

Except the smoke. ;)

lei.talk
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 12:00 AM
before i leave my bed-room,
i wash down a dmae capsule (http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00257.html)
with sixteen ounces of water
that contains ten drops of twinlab's dmae-h3 (http://www.vitacost.com/TwinlabDMAEH3/searchby-PN/searchtext-dmae).

if the complexity of my brain-function
is my essential distinction
from lower life-forms
- i intend to maintain it.

after the necessary evacuations,
i chew-up a vitamin tablet (http://lef.org/newshop/items/item00765.html) and a vitamin-c capsule (http://lef.org/newshop/items/item00085.html)
with an other sixteen ounces of water.

waking with low blood-sugar
helps to ensure the lipolysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis) of any ounces of body-fat
that might have accrued
from my only carbo-hydrates (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=116484&postcount=302) of yesterday,
because i go straight to my weight-lifting.

what can i say,
at my age - if you want to feel great,
you learn to do what it takes (http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=35&m=24081&g=24202#m24202).

Lissu
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 12:15 AM
typically:

oat porridge made in apple juice with a butter-eye, blueberries and milk.

Green tea for a drink ;)

perkele14
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/saajuha/elovena.jpg

+

http://www.iltalehti.fi/osastot/helmi/maito_he.jpg

Richarğur
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 09:31 AM
Oat porridge and applejuice.
The ultimate breakfast! :)

Lundi
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Well lately a glass of milk and a pot of cottage cheese, gives me enough energy for my morning work-out.

Tryggvi
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Well lately a glass of milk and a pot of cottage cheese, gives me enough energy for my morning work-out.
Yes, lately just a yoghurt or some cottage cheese. An excellent source of protein. :)

Nordhammer
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 09:25 PM

:D

:coffee:

anonymaus
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 11:18 PM
I have a good dose of science and some common sense (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=8194) at least once daily.

DreamWalker
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Breakfast is the most important meal, so I have 10 ounces of crushed pineapple, then a 16 ounce can of peas (heated up), followed with a very large raw carrot, a very large handful of pasta with 4 ounces of chopped-up Turkey breast added after cooking, seasoned with pepper, powdered garlic, Olive oil, and un-pasteurized honey, then a banana for desert..:)

Yeah, it is quite a bit, but then I have always eaten like a horse.:animal-sm

SaveEurope
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM
What's this about oat porridge? It's called oatmeal where I'm from. :icon12:

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 03:11 AM
typically:

oat porridge made in apple juice with a butter-eye, blueberries and milk.

Green tea for a drink ;)

We call it Oat Meal or Quacker Oats. Oats in apple juice...never thought of that. All this time I've only been making it with plain old water.:scratch: No bacon? Now that's a healthy breakfast. No wonder you Finns have such a long life expentancy.:D

:D

:coffee:

I happen to like Chocolate. Just not Coco Puffs.:D

Ganden
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 07:06 AM
i never eat cereal for breakfast, that's for sure. normally i'll have a chocolate bar, an ice-cream, some biscuits and so on.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Before breakfast, before getting out of bed, my wife brings me a cup of coffee. After that, I get up, drink another cup, and jog with the dog. After that I follow my father's advice and usually eat a bowl of oatmeal. He said this "sticks to your ribs" meaning you won't be hungry for awhile.

aslan
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM
typically:oat porridge made in apple juice with a butter-eye, blueberries and milk.

I just have microwaved quick-oats with milk and a generous table spoon of honey.

How do you make oat porridge in apple juice? Do you use apple juice instead of milk? That sounds interesting - I might try it tomorrow - except I don't have any apple juice - I wonder how orange juice will go.... in the microwave.

BTW, what is a butter-eye?

(Just so you know, I do not seriously intend to pour orange juice onto my oats tomorrow morning and zap them in the microwave - but I am intrigued at how apple juice can be incorporated into oats) :scratch:

Nordhammer
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 10:57 AM
before i leave my bed-room,
i wash down a dmae capsule (http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00257.html)
with sixteen ounces of water that contains ten drops of twinlab's dmae-h3 (http://www.vitacost.com/TwinlabDMAEH3/searchby-PN/searchtext-dmae).
if the complexity of my brain-function
is my essential distinction
from lower life-forms
- i intend to maintain it.

Do you notice a difference taking that DMAE? There are so many supplements now and so many different brands, hard to know what's good and what's a marketing ploy. I'm taking a multivitamin and fish oil, and may take something else if it is beneficial. Listening to RBN they run commercials for URI International (http://www.uridirect.com/products) and Dr. Cass Ingram's Oil of Oregano (http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/oregano.html). Know anything about either of those?

lei.talk
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I am intrigued at how apple juice
can be incorporated into oatswhen i thought dietary-fiber
might be a good thing,
i used rolled barley
(more fiber than oats)
and soaked the barley flakes
in twice as much apple juice
over night in the coolerator.

uncooked, it was yummy.

in cold weather,
i cooked it in the usual fashion
with water.

Avero Hontu
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hmm.. interesting theme. Interesting to know what people eat all around the world. Here its every day quite ordinary 1 cup of coffe, 2 - 3 slices of blackbread with cheese/ham, a bit of cottage cheese sallad with tomatoes and a glass of juice. My preferred bread at the moment is a black bread with, nuts, almonds and raisins and preferred juice at the moment buckthorn juice (orange coloured small berries).

lei.talk
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Do you notice a difference taking that DMAE?i tried the drops (http://www.vitacost.com/TwinlabDMAEH3/searchby-PN/searchtext-dmae)
because durk pearson's book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446387355/qid=1128424577/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-8147134-9953517?v=glance&s=books) was so interesting.

that product is so inexpensive
that it is worth a try,
if you have noticed your memory slipping.

there are other effects (http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=35&m=22853&g=22994#m22994).

some are unexpectedly pleasant (http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=35&m=22853&g=23478#m23478).

Know anything about either of those?i am unfamiliar with those two companies.

newenstad
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I don't eat breakfast, can hardly chew and swallow anything in the mornings, its just revolting. I don't think I've eaten breakfast since the military (where you more or less had to force it down in order to have enough energy).

thats why i had some sausages for breakfast the last days...

Lissu
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 04:59 PM
It seems that my breakfast has raised many questions :D

Well, oat porridge is a porridge made of oat flakes. I simply replace water with apple juice and cook the porridge in microwave over. It takes 1 dl of oat flakes and 2 dl of juice on a plate, I mix them together and put in the microwave oven for 3 minutes and porridge is ready. Then adding some butter and blueberries on it and I eat the porridge with milk. Simple as that :) Tasty, healthy and quite inexpensive :animal-sm

Rolf Eder
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 07:07 AM
I eat eggs, toast, coffee, and orange juice. Sometimes oat meal.

svenskfinsk
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Corn flakes with soured milk - I hate it but it's fast to make.

Istaevones
Thursday, October 6th, 2005, 04:08 AM
a big bowl of oatmeal with some fruit on it, usually banana. If I have time (like weekends) i'll cook up 3 eggs, some toast with peanut butter, and a tall glass of oj. I save the coffee until I get to work. :coffee:

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Fried bacon with toast and eggs coming up... yummy!! :D I just love bacon... I would always have this for breakfast if I had the time.

However, sometimes I don't feel hungry in the morning, and then I would just have a coffee. Coffee is the most important part of breakfast! :redface:

I might have some more salmon with my bacon today. ;)

Loki
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 12:29 PM
When going to work, I would sometimes have a Starbucks blueberry muffin with a caramel macchiato, or double espresso. :coffee:

Thobjorn
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 05:19 PM
well, this morning i had sausage, and egg's, but i normally have cereal, or toast.

oh and of course, a hardy helping of :food-smil :coffee:

Peeps
Sunday, October 9th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Coffee

Mrs. Lyfing
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
My husband makes the best f-ing omelets! Cheese and Onion in mine I say! :D

I like scrambled eggs and jelly toast. ( strawberry )
I like biscuits and gravy.
I like bacon. ( blt ) yummm
I hate to admit it but I love McDonald's sausage and biscuits!

OMG, I'm starved!

Hersir
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Fruit or a piece of bread, usually with fish on it.

Lyfing
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Here lately, on my way to work, I've been eating a can of Vienna sausages and a pack of peanut butter crackers..

Later,
-Lyfing

BeornWulfWer
Thursday, October 2nd, 2008, 10:40 PM
I don't have anything for breakfast. I have no appetite at that time.

I usually get hungry at around 10ish when the first break is usually given.
I then eat some of my packed lunch. So, a sandwich and a packet of crisps. Perhaps a fruit of some sort, too.

Loddfafner
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 12:23 AM
I eat politically-correct ideologues for breakfast.

Alice
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Cottage cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers. I'm always famished in the morning!

QuietWind
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
I like to eat about 6 frosted mini wheats in a bowl with rice milk. Every now and then I get a craving for egg yolks, so I make 2 eggs sunny side up, discard the whites, and put my yolks over 7 grain toast.

Angharad
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Bread and cheese mostly, but sometimes yogurt or fruit.

Oswiu
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 12:58 AM
No set thing, just what takes my fancy. Sometimes a proper fry up, especially when I'm staying at hotels. Shredded Wheat is a favourite when I'm in a rush. And Alpen. Potato cakes. Bread and cheese. Sausage and Beans out of a can. Sometimes nothing except tea. Tea naturally accompanies all the above options, too. Naturally.

I'm sure you're all quite fascinated.

Pro-Alpine
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Whatever I had last night.

QuietWind
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Whatever I had last night.

I was suddenly struck by this image of a cow regurgitating his food in order to chew it again. :bounce

CrystalRose
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I don't eat first thing in the morning, never hungry. But when I usually crave breakfast food i'll make it for dinner. bacon/sausage, eggs, pancakes/waffles/french toast, hashbrowns, muffins with jam... and not all in one sitting, just some of the things I like. :D

Northerner
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 11:30 PM
It varies. Generally oatmeal and/or a grapefruit. On the weekends I splurge and have some eggs, bacon, and a small bit of black pudding.

Praetorianer
Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Only coffee. ;)

Víğálfr
Wednesday, March 31st, 2010, 04:58 PM
I don't skip breakfast. (unless something exceptional happens)

Usually it consists of a bowl of oat flakes, with some spices (usually ginger and cinnamon), nuts (whatever I have, from walnuts to almonds, which are my favourites), seeds (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, whatever I have), fruits (more often dates, banana slices or grated apples, sometimes), and, most important, a spoon (or more) of honey. :D

EriknotRed
Saturday, April 17th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Green Tea,orange juice(coffee in winter),bacon and cheddar sandwich.

Irby
Saturday, April 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Full Irish Breakfast; bacon, eggs, sausage, black and white pudding, it is the best in the world.

And don't give me any crap about it being unhealthy, all my family lived into their 80's and 90's and eat this every day. But the younger family members all fat and soft, from the carbs and especially sugar.

I am 6'2'' 15 stone with 12 percent body fat.

Make sure you eat your protein, unless you want to look like an Asian, then just eat carbs!!!!!!!

Don't eat cereal as it’s just shit. We are trying to create warriors, I hope

Drottin
Saturday, April 17th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I eat homemade bread with salmon, berries, meat etc, with milk or juice. Sometimes I eat a bowl of oatmeal. Healthy good food that provides good health and slow carbohydrates.

I never eat fast food. Not even if I get it for free. Fast food is full of MSG, salt, sugar, e-drugs, pesticides, cheap meat, lots of fat and 100 other drugs. MacDonald's, Burger King and all these "junk chains" should have been prohibited and the owners should have been punished severely.

SaxonPagan
Saturday, April 17th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I've undergone a lot of dietary changes recently and no longer eat foods containing sugar or yeast. However, I'm finding some kind of eating routine again and my breakfast (more often than not) now consists of 3 scrambled eggs with some chicken breast - all good, high-protein stuff :)

This main course is accompanied by about a dozen brazil nuts or walnuts and a glass of goat's milk. I must say the whole meal tastes delicious and the health benefits have been huge!

Neophyte
Sunday, April 18th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Usually a slice or two of dark bread, orange marmalade, tea, rye porridge OR yoghurt with müsli, two eggs and one of the following: mackerel, sausages, ham or bacon (I want some variation). A few cups of tea. Sometimes tomato juice with a few drops of Tabasco sauce.

SpearBrave
Monday, April 19th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I like black bread and real butter in the warmer months and steel cut oats(groats) in the winter. Sometimes I put blueberries, apples, or cranberries in my oats and then put some cream on top.

Sometimes I just eat a few white wurst when I have them. I really like them for breakfast. :)

When we have overnight guest then my woman fixes all kinds of things eggs, omelets, bacon, ham, sausage patties, fresh oranges, fresh berries with cream, biscuits and jam.

I always drink lots of coffee with breakfast.

Zimobog
Monday, April 19th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Oats and butter with molasses or brown sugar on weekdays with English tea.
Weekends I eat late and have three soft eggs, wheat toast, grits, and sometimes bacon.

I don't care for milk. Coffee I drink sometimes, usually black.

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, April 19th, 2010, 10:50 PM
A cup of tea (or more rarely, coffee) with hmm, it depends. Sometimes I'm having a slice of bread with jam, other times with ham or salami. I'm then having some fresh fruit. If I've extra time to cook or my mother makes me some, I have pancakes. If I want something warm and quick, I fry a couple of eggs and have some fresh vegetables on the side. :)

Víğálfr
Monday, April 19th, 2010, 11:48 PM
A cup of tea (or more rarely, coffee) with hmm, it depends. Sometimes I'm having a slice of bread with jam, other times with ham or salami. I'm then having some fresh fruit. If I've extra time to cook or my mother makes me some, I have pancakes. If I want something warm and quick, I fry a couple of eggs and have some fresh vegetables on the side. :)
Pancakes!!! :love (I never thought to have pancakes at breakfast, and it seems like a good idea)

I used to eat fried eggs for breakfast, a lot, some years ago. I liked to add vegetables, too (especially cucumbers or tomatoes). And lots of cheese, when it was possible.
Some other times I used to have some slices of dark bread with butter and honey. Absolutely delicious combination!
Or... tea with (usually graham) biscuits... I was very fond of tea with biscuits, or even milk with biscuits. :D Another favourite breakfast, as a child, was cream of wheat with milk.

Hersir
Monday, April 19th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Usually nothing, but I sometimes eat bread or fruit. My favorite to start the day with are boiled or fried eggs (in the pan).

IvyLeaguer
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010, 03:40 AM
I usually don't eat breakfast at all. I try to eat one meal and no more than 1000 calories per day, as little as possible. I have to do this to keep my figure and maintain my weight at my age.:|

D. H. Yeager
Friday, December 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
For me, lately, a bowl of oatmeal with raisans and cinnamon, a glass of milk, and a peice of toast.

Wulfram
Friday, December 17th, 2010, 03:12 PM
During my nihilistic early youth I never really ate "breakfast", just whatever I found lying around on the bottom of the refrigerator. "Breakfast" also happened at anytime of the day, or night. Anything was passable to me back then, which often meant leftover pizza, soggy french fries, or beer. From the time I moved out of my parents home until my late twenties I don't think I had even one traditional breakfast, probably because I was just too lazy to bother.

Nowadays I actually enjoy going through the ritual. I like to mix the menu up every few days and will prepare things like scrambled eggs, ham dipped in mustard, blueberry muffins, many different kinds of cheese, pancakes in maple syrup, orange juice, and I like to spread generous amounts of peach preserves on toast. I also drink at least a half-gallon of milk at every setting. I finish with either a cup of good quality coffee or green tea.

I also eat a lot of fruit, my favorites being kiwi, mangosteen, bananas, mango, blackberry, and peaches.

flâneur
Friday, December 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Cup of tea.

Aishiri
Saturday, January 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I rarely eat breakfast since on school days since it takes me forever to get out of bed and on days I don't have school, I wake up at noon or later. But when I do eat breakfast, it's usually something like Goldfish crackers or cashews. Sometimes I'll get breakfast at McDonald's if it happens to be breakfast time when I'm out driving around.

Grimsteinr
Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
A bowl of Oatmeal, a glass of juice and a mug of black coffee.
I follow that with 2 pints of water and numerous vitamin & supplement tablets.

Rev. Jupiter
Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do it's usually something simple like plain yogurt with honey, berries, and nuts mixed in, with whole wheat toast or a bagel and some cranberry juice.

SaxonPagan
Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 11:13 PM
A bowl of Oatmeal, a glass of juice and a mug of black coffee.
I follow that with 2 pints of water and numerous vitamin & supplement tablets.

This is almost the same as me, Grimsteinr!

I always have my morning porridge, especially in winter, but my wife says I swallow more pills than food (although she does tend to exaggerate ;)).

Only ONE pint of water for me though -I'd be spending all morning in the loo otherwise :-O

SaxonPagan
Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Edit: Posted same message twice.

Snowman
Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Oatmeal with chunk of butter in it and mostly a glass of milk to it or sometimes orange juice. Or other porridges. With the combination of siting on the porch lisening to the woodpecker (yes even in winter):thumbup

Autosomal Viking
Sunday, January 9th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Lately, my regular breakfast starts with an English muffin and cream cheese. I usually have a grapefruit, preferably ruby red, because we grow half a dozen citrus trees. I regularly have some turkey lunch meat for protein. I eat canned peaches or preferably pears. Kiwis from New Zealand are the best kiwis. I always have two cups of tea or chocolate milk. This is just the right amount of liquid until lunch, assuming no strenuous activity. I also eat a multivitamin.

I might make an omelette or fry some eggs when there's more time to cook.

bæny
Tuesday, January 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I usually have either chocolate chip weetabix minis or normal weetabix with a glass of milk or a cup of tea :).
When I'm bored in the morning sometimes I'll have a soft boiled egg (from my grandads chickens) with bread to dip in.

Ringenwald
Monday, April 17th, 2017, 08:52 AM
I usually have oatmeal with a grated apple, grated almond, milk and cinnamon. It's pretty tasty and quick to prepare. I often alternate with wholegrain toasts and scrambled eggs seasoned with some dill and pepper. For drink just a glass of water. Sometimes, a square of dark chocolate ;)

Mrs vonTrep
Monday, April 17th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Usually Malt o Meal or eggs, bacon and pancakes with strawberry jam. I'm eating like an American since I moved here. :D

Coillearnach
Monday, April 17th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Usually Malt o Meal or eggs, bacon and pancakes with strawberry jam. I'm eating like an American since I moved here. :D

Someone else that likes Malt-o-Meal!!! :-O That was a comforting breakfast food of mine growing up, with brown sugar oh yeah. I hope your hubbie will/has already introduced you to potato hash too.

SpearBrave
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017, 03:03 AM
I have switched my breakfast habits, I now start my day with equal portions of hate, discontent, angst, frustration, and reluctance all washed down with black coffee. :D

No really just black bread, soft cheese, sometimes eggs and sometimes cold cuts or wurst. With apple juice and coffee, lots of coffee. In winter I like steel cut oats though we call them groats and I put either apple or cranberries in them.

Mrs vonTrep
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Someone else that likes Malt-o-Meal!!! :-O That was a comforting breakfast food of mine growing up, with brown sugar oh yeah. I hope your hubbie will/has already introduced you to potato hash too.

We have something similar to Malt-o-Meal in Sweden so maybe that's why I like it so much, it's fast and easy to make in the morning, and it's good with blueberries in it too.

I don't think I've had any potato hash yet, is it similar to hash browns or whatever it's called? I have a favorite dining place just around the corner of our house that has the most amazing potato pancakes. They have onion and bacon in them, easily one of the "goodest" things I've ever had.

In Sweden we never eat cooked meals for breakfast apart from oatmeal and boiled eggs. Mostly just regular sandwiches or cereal. So America is a bit like heaven for me in that regard, haha.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017, 03:34 PM
This morning I consumed SOS, a glass of OJ, and several cups of green tea.

Coillearnach
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017, 04:46 PM
I don't think I've had any potato hash yet, is it similar to hash browns or whatever it's called?

It's a little bit different. Usually it's diced potatoes with onion, bell pepper (capsicum), some kind of meat like bacon or breakfast sausage/polish sausage, sometimes with eggs. A breakfast skillet also contains all of the above but always with eggs, cooked in the same pan, sometimes made with sliced canned potatoes instead of diced. There is a specific corned beef hash (gag why) that I think is more popular with older generations and specific regions with slightly smashed diced potatoes, onions, and eggs etc. You can get just the diced potatoes with onion and bell pepper alone and that's usually called country-style potatoes or home fries and can be eaten at dinner too or if you're just lazy like me and having breakfast for dinner.

Stormraaf
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Look at all you people, eating breakfast for enjoyment. I tracked my macronutrients for a short while and saw how easy it was to miss the recommended fibre and protein targets so now my breakfast is bran cereal with protein supplement mixed right in there. Daily head start on those macros, done. :P

Firebeard
Thursday, April 20th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Usually a banana and some soft cider packets that I take with me. (Super convenient and super yummy! :) ) :thumbup

Leliana
Wednesday, April 26th, 2017, 08:18 PM
I can't stand something different to sweets in the morning. :P I'll never understand how people can eat ham and stuff after waking up. I'd vomit, lol.

My breakfast is bread, butter, marmelade, hard boiled eggs, sweet toasts or just cereals with warm cacao (Honey Wheat) or cold milk (Frosties).

Georgia
Thursday, April 27th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Different variety each morning. I love PB and Jelly on whole wheat toast with a cup of coffee or hot tea. I also enjoy a fruit yogurt with some low sugar cereal mixed in it. Sometimes I fix an omelet and sometimes I just have a protein shake. I make sure that I consume 20 g of protein when eating breakfast with a good portion of healthy carbs.

Firebeard
Thursday, April 27th, 2017, 12:27 PM
I can't stand something different to sweets in the morning. :P I'll never understand how people can eat ham and stuff after waking up. I'd vomit, lol.

I wish I had ham for breakfast jeez....

Catterick
Thursday, April 27th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Papas frites. :)

Wulfaz
Thursday, April 27th, 2017, 05:51 PM
:)

http://www.my-food-online.net/media/image/09a37b5b5afc176c647cfdd862f08787.jpg

Angela
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017, 04:16 PM
I have oatmeal porridge with lingonberry on top of it. To this I drink coffee and sometimes a I also have a sandwich of rye with cheese.

I remember my German host family couldn't understand how I could eat oatmeal porridge every morning.

Firebeard
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Papas frites. :)

Lol french fries for breakfast

Şoreiğar
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017, 11:13 PM
I usually start the day with a cup of coffee with milk and vaporized nicotine. Then move on to something of actual sustenance with a smoothie, usually comprised of banana, berries, cottage cheese, protein powder (hemp or peas), raw cocoa powder and milk. I like to give the digestion system an easy start in the beginning of the day, and that can usually get me going about an hour or so. Then it is time for some crisp-bread with cheese, cinnamon oatmeal with nuts & seeds, and scrambled eggs with dried pork or goat ham. Smoked and peppered makrell on bread is also a favorite, whenever it is in season.

saxonbrit
Saturday, July 15th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Lets see. It varies. Definitely need caffeine-coffee, tea, coke, pepsi. Sometimes a sausage mcmuffin at McDonalds, sausage & egg croissant at Weinerschnitzels, asada burrito at a good Mexican place. I'm getting hungry :).

Panda
Wednesday, October 18th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I am usually not hungry in the morning so I like to skip breakfast but I try not to. I would then usually eat eggs with bacon or cereal.

Finnish Swede
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Normally...

* Cup of coffee
* Glass of orange juice (made from real oranges),
* Fruit muesli with milk,
* Boiled egg,
* 1 dark bread with ham/cheese.

Elizabeth
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 10:39 PM
I usually skip breakfast. When I have breakfast it is cereal. Lately I've been eating fruit-flavored "Froot Loops", with milk.