PDA

View Full Version : Nordish infant pigmentation

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 05:19 PM
My view is that all Nordish youngsters are blond. This is one of the most visible characteristics of Nordish people - all their young children are blond (or red). If I see a young boy or girl (possibly below the age of 5) with brown or black hair, then I'd not classify the family as Central Nordish.

Adult browning of infant blond hair is quite common in many Nordish peoples, however.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
Sometimes the opposite can happen. The hair being dark at birth but turning blonde or red.

Northern Germanics seem to have less darkening of hair as they age.

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
Sometimes a baby can be born with black hair but turn out to be blonde or a red head. It's strange but it seems rather common.

I'm not talking about new-born babies, but small infants.

Glory
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Is there any scientific reason for hair turning to brown from blonde? When I was a infant my hair was pure blonde but as the years went by it turned more light brown with some blonde.

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
Is there any scientific reason for hair turning to brown from blonde? When I was a infant my hair was pure blonde but as the years went by it turned more light brown with some blonde.

Gradual darkening with age is the norm.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Simply we aren't born fully pigmented. If you think about it it makes perfect sense. As youngsters or babies we are protected from the sun but as we age we are more exposed therefore more in need of pigmentation.

Is it not common sense to keep an infant away from prolonged sun exposure? And isn't true as we get older we venture out more and therefore are more exposed.

Melanin is our nature sun block. Digmented peoples, Nords are born with less because the place of our birth and evolution is the great North. Where there is less sun.

I think it's of note that Females tend to be lighter than males on average.

Loki
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:58 PM
I think it's of note that Females tend to be lighter than males on average.

This has not been my observation. Do you have any proof of this?

Northern Paladin
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 09:52 PM
This has not been my observation. Do you have any proof of this?

I don't have proof. But there does seem to be a proclivity guys to prefer lighter as opposed to darker females.

It's impossible to prove it either way...unless one did the world's most comprehesive survey.

Ĉmeric
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
Most infants in my family are born with blond hair but it usually browns has we get older. My younger sister was born with brown hair.(As she got older she would get blond or russet highlights from the sun.) At the time I was nearly 6 and my elder sister was almost 5. We had heared somewhere that every 4th baby born in the world was chinese. Newborns squint alot and with the brown hair we decided she must be chinese. (At the time the only non-whites we ever saw were on T.V.)

I have a nephew who was born with black hair but within a few months it was replaced with blond hair. He's 8 1/2 now , his hair is still blond but it getting darker, he'll probably have brown har by the time he's 10.

lei.talk
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
Is there any scientific reason for hair turning to brown from blonde?different genes are activated
or expressed differently
at each growth-phase of a child's life
by the developmental-control genes
(some are homeobox genes).

a cute little girl
that lived in the apartments
behind my store
- turned in to a negress
during puberty.

one of her parents
was unpleasantly surprised.

the other one pretended to be.

SouthernBoy
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 01:36 AM
a cute little girl
that lived in the apartments
behind my store
- turned in to a negress
during puberty. What markers are you using for that designation?

lei.talk
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
What markers are you using for that designation?i am not conversant in the technical terms.

the appellation was drawn from all observers
- based on the obvious changes
from average skin and hair
through her childhood
to tightly-kinked hair, black skin
and shelf-ass
by the end of puberty.

while anomalous,
it is not unknown.

i had no trouble finding papers on the phenomenon,
down-stairs in the ucsd library.

Heirs To Perdition
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
My hair gradually turned from blonde to dark brown, I was blonde until I believe I hit 6 or 7, but strange thing my goatee has reddish/auburn hairs mixed in with it.

Ganden
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 07:13 AM
my hair was naturally blonde right up until around the age of 15, after which it turned darker. now my hair is a dirty blonde but only because i've been out in the sun recently.