PDA

View Full Version : The true colour of racism

Sigel
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 04:43 PM
The British Crime Survey, published in 1998, estimates that in 1995, 382,000 offences were racially motivated. Of these, 143,000 were committed against members of ethnic minorities, and 238,000 against white people. This fact is extraordinary enough in itself. More extraordinary still is the lack of further discussion given to it in this report. And of course, the Home Office is not indelicate enough to point out the obvious corollary: if the ethnic minorities comprise 6% of the population of the UK, and are producing 238,000 racial assaults per year, and the white population, who comprise 94% of the population, are producing 143,000 racial assaults per year, it would appear that, on a per capita basis, the ethnic minorities are producing about 25 times more racial assaults than the white popu lation. In fact, this clearly underestimates the discrepancy, since some of the racial assaults against blacks will have been committed by Asians, and some (I would guess a lot) of the assaults on Asians will have been committed by blacks (like the murderous attack on Abdul Bhatti at Notting Hill). Moreover, the British Crime Survey does not tell us who committed the 238,000 racial assaults against whites. I think we may safely assume that the majority were not committed by Sikhs, Parsees, Thais or Hong Kong Chinese.

Obviously, certain caveats must be born in mind. What con stitutes a racial assault? If two motorists of different pigmentations get into an altercation over a parking space, does this constitute a racial incident? If one of them employs racial epithets in the course of the dispute, does it then become one? Fortunately, we now know what constitutes a racial assault, because Macpherson's definition has been accepted by the Government, the police and the Crown Prosecution Service, and is reproduced in this document. "A racial incident is any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person". So, if 238,000 white people per year per ceive themselves to have been the victims of racist crimes, then they must have been, mustn't they?

On page 15 of the Home Office document, we are told "Much (sic) of these differences were found to be due to socio-demographic factors that are associated with victimization. For example, ethnic minorities tend, on average, to be younger, of lower socio-economic status, and more often living in higher risk areas". This is an exer cise in deliberately missing the point. Certain ethnic minorities -- Indians and Chinese, for example -- have an average social status which is significantly higher than that of whites, and a crime rate which is approximately half the national average. It is only blacks who are of a significantly lower average social status. And, of course, the Home Office statisticians do not address themselves to the ques tion of why this should be. Blacks certainly do live in higher risk areas. They are higher risk areas for a very good reason.

But then the whole document is an exercise in deliberately missing the point. Almost every civil servant, policeman, judge, prosecutor and journalist is busily missing the point these days, busily pretending that the emperor has got some clothes on, because in Tony's Britain, that's how you keep your job.

The reality of the situation is simply too horrific for liberals to contemplate. Therefore, they choose not to contemplate it, preferring to scapegoat the police, or the judiciary, or the schools, or anyone or anything else, rather than face the facts. Unfortunately, however much we might all wish it, reality will not go away.

The British Crime Survey was published in 1998 with estimates for 1995. 10 years on, and millions of immigrants later, I wonder how these figures look now.
http://home.comcast.net/~neoeugenics/crime.htm
Scroll to the bottom of the page.

tuddorsped
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 08:33 PM
The British Crime Survey was published in 1998 with estimates for 1995. 10 years on, and millions of immigrants later, I wonder how these figures look now.
http://home.comcast.net/~neoeugenics/crime.htm
Scroll to the bottom of the page.

It all strikes me as rather meaningless, to be honest. I would personally only classify a serious assault or worse as of any significance. And probably most of those don't get reported anyway.

Seems like the authorities are more interested in perceived problems than real ones. For example, I doubt whether the recent gangland fighting between Albanians and Blacks in my area would get classfied at all. Or even if it deserves to be.