PDA

View Full Version : Question to Skadi members - different kinds of light eyes

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 02:16 AM
If a pure light eye is rather blue or grey-blue, grey seems to be more related to the background of the eye than to pigmentation. If the background is densely the color should have a grey shade, if its finer blue. This might be correlated to the general body type of a person, a la leptomorphics rather blue, meso- and pyknomorphics rather grey. On the other hand to racial groups in the Northern spectrum possibly as well - North Western Nordid type blue, Dalofaelid and Osteuropid (Baltid) rather grey.

So I want to ask, remember, only people with PURE light eyes should answer this, no mixed green or brown eyed people except they know examples for what I want to know.

There are various options, so do you have blue or grey eyes, is your body type rather leptomorphic or meso-/pyknomorphic, are you of more Nordid, Dalofaelid (Bruenn/Cromagnid) or Osteuropid (West-, Eastbaltid) type?
Probably some can answer that and we can see if there is such a trend observable even under TNP-members...

SouthernBoy
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 02:43 AM
I'm not sure when you'll be done with the poll, but my eyes are a more greyish-blue, I'm mesomorphic, and I might have some East-Baltid admixture.

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 02:50 AM
I'm not sure when you'll be done with the poll, but my eyes are a more greyish-blue, I'm mesomorphic, and I might have some East-Baltid admixture.

Thanks for the first answer :)
However, usually I know how to make a poll, but unfortunately it didnt really worked that time. Anyway, because I think the answering numbers will be rather low personal short answers would be sufficient probably.

TisaAnne
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 03:04 AM
So I want to ask, remember, only people with PURE light eyes should answer this, no mixed green or brown eyed people except they know examples for what I want to know.

I cannot answer for myself, as my eyes are not purely blue... but since you asked for examples that pertain to this, I will give you my brother. He is half-Norwegian, half-German, with pure light blue eyes (no grey), a Leptomorphic build (thanks for the definition, btw :)) and a (Skando)Nordid phenotype.

DreamWalker
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 03:20 AM
I have light-blue eyes, and I believe I am mesomorphic if that is the athletic build with broad shoulders and slim waist. I only have access to the SNPA glossary and mesomorphic is not shown. I also believe I am Falish with some Troender admixture, but I am usually incorrect, but close;)

Perhaps interestingly for you, my father had one blue eye and one gray eye, but my understanding is that this phenomenon can happen to a person if they sustain damage to one eye when young, and more of the component (name of which escapes me at the moment) that darkens eyes is introduced to aid in healing.

See your PM inbox for more info.

RedJack
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 03:23 AM
My father had pale blue eyes, his sub-race was Anglo-Saxon and he was a mesomorph. My paternal grandfather was grey eyed, probably Brunn and was also a mesomorph. I'll get back to you on my uncles.

DreamWalker
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 03:42 AM
I have light-blue eyes, and I believe I am mesomorphic if that is the athletic build with broad shoulders and slim waist. I only have access to the SNPA glossary and mesomorphic is not shown. I also believe I am Falish with some Troender admixture, but I am usually incorrect, but close;)

Perhaps interestingly for you, my father had one blue eye and one gray eye, but my understanding is that this phenomenon can happen to a person if they sustain damage to one eye when young, and more of the component (name of which escapes me at the moment) that darkens eyes is introduced to aid in healing.

See your PM inbox for more info.
Agrippa informs me that I am Leptosomic after seeing my pic, so I stand corrected.

Thanks Agrippa, now I know:viking1:

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 04:00 AM
Agrippa informs me that I am Leptosomic after seeing my pic, so I stand corrected.

Thanks Agrippa, now I know:viking1:

Sinewy Leptosomic to Leptosome-Athletic to be exact but generally speaking more Leptosomic than another body type :)
The difference is, to explain it for all, that in some systems only the extreme variants are "Asthenic" or Ectomorphic, whereas Leptosomic doesnt just mean the really thin, sometimes even weak variants, but the whole spectrum of slim-long build people with long muscles, with at least two subvariants (gracile and sinewy) and a fluent border to the Mesosmorphic/Athletic spectrum. So typical Athletics are already rather somewhat coarse in most of the cases, especially the bones are really compact, the muscles are not as long, but more massive as well etc. Typical Athletic build individuals are quite seldom and are usually easy to recognise in young, middle age.

Here is a link about body types, shown are mostly more extreme variants:
http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=9020

Typical, mostly sinewy Leptosomic Nordid males in middle young, middle, and young age.
http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4698&d=1116372531

Of course if healthy and trained, couch potatoes might look different ;)

Northern Paladin
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 04:58 AM
If a pure light eye is rather blue or grey-blue, grey seems to be more related to the background of the eye than to pigmentation. If the background is densely the color should have a grey shade, if its finer blue. This might be correlated to the general body type of a person, a la leptomorphics rather blue, meso- and pyknomorphics rather grey. On the other hand to racial groups in the Northern spectrum possibly as well - North Western Nordid type blue, Dalofaelid and Osteuropid (Baltid) rather grey.

There are various options, so do you have blue or grey eyes, is your body type rather leptomorphic or meso-/pyknomorphic, are you of more Nordid, Dalofaelid (Bruenn/Cromagnid) or Osteuropid (West-, Eastbaltid) type?
Probably some can answer that and we can see if there is such a trend observable even under TNP-members...

People with darker colored hair seem to have deeper shade of blue eyes. Atlantids have the most deeply colored blue eyes often times with brown or even black hair.

IMHO the lighter someone is in skin/hair color the more chances he will be grey eyed. Because the same chemical melanin is involved. Now don't understand perfectly why some eyes appear bluer than others but it is supposedly only an illusion. For the same reason the sky is blue.

The grey eyed people I know can't tan at all and are very sensitive to light.

Blutwölfin
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 08:15 AM
People with darker colored hair seem to have deeper shade of blue eyes. Atlantids have the most deeply colored blue eyes often times with brown or even black hair.

IMHO the lighter someone is in skin/hair color the more chances he will be grey eyed. Because the same chemical melanin is involved. Now don't understand perfectly why some eyes appear bluer than others but it is supposedly only an illusion. For the same reason the sky is blue.

The grey eyed people I know can't tan at all and are very sensitive to light.

I have no grey, but kind of dark blue eyes (see here (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=109547&postcount=197)), although I've got no dark, but red hair and very light, almost pale skin (as it is typical for redheads). So I don't support your thesis. :P :D

DreamWalker
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 08:19 AM
Sinewy Leptosomic to Leptosome-Athletic to be exact but generally speaking more Leptosomic than another body type :)

So when someone asks my body type, I tell them. "Sinewy Leptosomic to Leptosome-Athletic to be exact but generally speaking more Leptosomic than another body type".:icon_arro

That will impress them but I am going to need to write it down:speechles

Just kidding Agrippa, thanks again,:beer-smil

Northern Paladin
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 04:10 PM
I have no grey, but kind of dark blue eyes (see here (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=109547&postcount=197)), although I've got no dark, but red hair and very light, almost pale skin (as it is typical for redheads). So I don't support your thesis. :P :D

I think it's more fair to say your eyes are pale blue. Only the ring is dark blue.
Perhaps it is best to agree to disagree.:)

Lissu
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 04:21 PM
Funny - my both parents are fit for this poll, but I'm not... :scratch:

My dad has dark blue eyes, and my mom has very light grey eyes, which seem like they have no colour at all. Sometimes they seem a bit blueyish and sometimes greenish. I have greyish green eyes which change the tone quite a bit depending on the light.

See here. (http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=96546&postcount=169)

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 04:51 PM
I think it makes sense to explain where this idea is coming from. Its not that new to say that typical Nordids have more often blue, Dalofaelids more grey and Eastbaltids more grey and waterblue eyes.

Knußmann wrote 1996 that the color of the eye is made up both by the melanin concentration and the background of the eye. If the stroma, the connective tissue, blood vessels and nerve of the background of the eye is more densely, its grey (Vergleichende Biologie des Menschen, S. 88). My idea was that this isnt by chance PROBABLY because more pyknomorphic tendencies are stronger in Dalofaelids and Baltids than in Nordids. However, there might be no real DIRECT, causal correlation, but thats what I want to know :)

Lundi
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
Well I’m Nordid, quite mesomorphic and have deep blue eyes (not sure if you only want people with light eyes to respond)

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM
Well I’m Nordid, quite mesomorphic and have deep blue eyes (not sure if you only want people with light eyes to respond)

That would absolutely account for what I mean. Darker eyes are only those which show yellow or brown pigment, light, without ring or dots, nor green or hazel, is just light no matter if "dark blue or grey" - the difference is then mainly made up by stroma according to Knußmann.

Lundi
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Well here are mine http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=84891&postcount=65 They have a few white dots here and there (no idea if that is common or not)

Agrippa
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Well here are mine http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=84891&postcount=65 They have a few white dots here and there (no idea if that is common or not)

Look like clear blue Atlantic water, NW Nordid eyes...

tuddorsped
Sunday, September 4th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I'm a tall, gray-eyed, straw blond (thinning and slowly turning white) doliocephalic mesomorph. (48" chest, 18" biceps). And I tan very well and rarely freckle or burn.

Get correlating!

:costumed-

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, September 5th, 2005, 02:58 AM
I have blue eyes but perhaps with a touch of grey. As a teenager my eyes were brighter blue as if illuminated from behind the eye. As I got older this deminished to the current state. I am 5'9", 155 pounds, in good condition with roughtly symetrical proportions. As a child my hair was almost white, certainly ashe blond. As I got older some yellowish strains appeared but I never found a red hair on my body. At about 18 the hair began turning brown but would bleach out to blond in the sun so that even in my 30s, I had streaks of blond hair. Finally, I changed the color of my hair on my driver's license from blond to brown. Now it continues darkening even though it is also going grey (I am now 58). My ancestry is English, German and one Irish ancestor. My father had blue-grey eyes, which were more grey than mine and he had the same hair color pattern. I hope this helps.

jannag
Tuesday, September 13th, 2005, 07:53 PM
I got light blue eyes. Im slender, quite short(155 cm,45kg)-asthenic, I believe. Ive been classified as East-Baltic, predominately(sometimes subnordic).Here are my eyes: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6919/oci6yt.png

Saxon Assassin
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I'm 5'9", weigh 168lbs, dolichocephalic and usually classified as Daelofaelid. I have blue eyes and brown hair, bodywise i tend towards mesomorph without being an extreme example.