PDA

View Full Version : Icelander goes berserk on Slavs in Norway

Oddstríđir
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 12:07 AM
An Icelander was arrested by the police in Drammen in Norway last sunday evening because of a fight with ten Poles. The man was covered in blood and had been wounded in the struggle but what is believed remarkable about the event, except the enormous proportionate differance between the Poles and the Icelander, is that the man agreed on getting into the car of a Norwegian woman after the fight, according to the paper's Drammens Tidende's story, but suddenly jumped out of the car to deal more revenge on the 10 Poles, afterwhich he was arrested.

A story if Morgunblađiđ: http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/innlent/frett.html?nid=1155940
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Íslendingur var handtekinn af lögreglunni í Drammen í Noregi síđast liđiđ sunnudagskvöld vegna slagsmála viđ tíu Pólverja. Mađurinn var blóđugur og hafđi skeinst í átökunum en ţađ sem telst sérstćtt viđ atburđinn, fyrir utan hinn gríđarlega liđsmun, er ađ mađurinn féllst á ađ fara upp í bíl međ konu einni eftir slagsmálin, samkvćmt frásögn blađsins Drammens Tidende, en gerđi sér lítiđ fyrir og stökk út úr bílnum til ađ herja aftur á Pólverjana. Eftir ţá lotu var hann handtekinn.

Frétt Morgunblađsins: http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/innlent/frett.html?nid=1155940

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 12:10 AM
Where these poles cripples or something?

Arcturus
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 12:20 AM
Are all our Icelanders accounted for? :viking3:

Loki
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 06:47 AM
Viking courage!! :D

anonymaus
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 08:07 AM
Old fashioned Nordic courage, Northman's fury, Berserking--who can say which, really? I'd have to lean towards Berserk, though. I mean really: 1 man bests 10 other fully grown men?

One would have to ignore injury, pain, and all sensibility not just to win such a battle - but to engage in it at all. This is a nice story :)

tuddorsped
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 09:04 AM
Nice story, but don't believe a word of it. Unless he was tooled up. The odds are impossible. Much more likely is the fact that the editor of the newspaper is a drunkard. lol.

Lundi
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Doubt the editor of Icelands most respected and largest newspaper is a drunkard :P (everything is possible though :D) the man is most likely one of our larger fishermen that are quite famous for going berserk once they step onto land

tuddorsped
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 03:54 PM
Doubt the editor of Icelands most respected and largest newspaper is a drunkard :P (everything is possible though :D) the man is most likely one of our larger fishermen that are quite famous for going berserk once they step onto land

I did hear about the Icelandic fisherman who wrestled a large shark a few years back. Think he clubbed it to death with his fists and hauled it onto dry land all by himself.

If his adversaries had been Swedish advertising executives I might have believed it. But Poles can be pretty tough bastards themselves in my experience.

Still don't believe it.

:laugh:

Lundi
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 04:08 PM
hehe quite :)

I haven’t been able to find any traces of the story in Norwegian newspapers so the story seems a bit odd

Oddstríđir
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 06:02 PM
I don't doubt the story is true since Morgunblađiđ reported it. The man was, may I remind you, covered in blood and wounded after the struggle and surely he was mad out of his mind when engaging them.

Lundi, try seeking the story in the Norwegian paper that is given as the source of Morgunblađiđ.

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Where these poles cripples or something?

Have you ever met one that wasn't? :scratch:

:rofl:

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 06:16 PM
Nice story, but don't believe a word of it. Unless he was tooled up. The odds are impossible.
One icelander is worth more than all of Poland its self, so the only odds I think impossible are ones in favour of the 10 poles.

tuddorsped
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 08:38 PM
One icelander is worth more than all of Poland its self, so the only odds I think impossible are ones in favour of the 10 poles.

Very funny.

The first thing anyone learns from having a streetfight is to NEVER underestimate your opponent and always have respect for him. Whatever the race or colour.

Either way, one unarmed man getting the better of ten grown men has never happened anywhere in the world at any time in human history. If you've 'witnessed' as many fights as I have you would know that. I have personally known some very tough customers. And I am talking 'Born Fighters' not a bunch of mugs who go to Kung Fu classes and think they're Jackie Chan.

Schoolboy fantasies always sell newspapers but they never really carried much weight with the fellas on my manor. For some of my neighbours, violence was a profession. It wasn't something they read about in old books and then fantasised about.

Hopefully I'm reading your bravado wrong because, for your own sake, you don't ever want to become unstuck in a violent situation.

And I am saying that to you as a friend.

Wasn't it the Old Edda that said:

'When the mighty come to match their strength, 'twill be found that first is no one.'

Wise words.

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 08:51 PM
Very funny.

The first thing anyone learns from having a streetfight is to NEVER underestimate your opponent and always have respect for him. Whatever the race or colour.

Either way, one unarmed man getting the better of ten grown men has never happened anywhere in the world at any time in human history. If you've 'witnessed' as many fights as I have you would know that. I have personally known some very tough customers. And I am talking 'Born Fighters' not a bunch of mugs who go to Kung Fu classes and think they're Jackie Chan.

Schoolboy fantasies always sell newspapers but they never really carried much weight with the fellas on my manor. For some of my neighbours, violence was a profession. It wasn't something they read about in old books and then fantasised about.

Hopefully I'm reading your bravado wrong because, for your own sake, you don't ever want to become unstuck in a violent situation.

And I am saying that to you as a friend.

Wasn't it the Old Edda that said:

'When the mighty come to match their strength, 'twill be found that first is no one.'

Wise words.

Yeah, mate, I was just being pompous, but I meant what I said about the value of an icelandic lifeforce in comparison to any thing inhabiting Pooland. Thanks for the tips; perhaps I will have chance to return the favour one day. I can however quote from old norse texts until your head falls off, so no need to include for this aspect into the conversation. Their is a time for arrogance, a time to smile, and a time to bleed. The latter is when I talk of norse word. And that time is not here and now.

HIM
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 01:26 AM
One icelander is worth more than all of Poland its self

I agree! If this story really is true, I would have loved to have been there to see it. :viking1:

Northern Paladin
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 04:23 AM
Yeah, mate, I was just being pompous

:coffee: :D

Zyklop
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 05:07 AM
Jeder Schlag ein Polak! :D

(old German saying)

HIM
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 09:01 AM
Jeder Schlag ein Polak! :D

(old German saying)

Hahaha!!! Best German saying ever! :D

Oddstríđir
Thursday, September 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM
Why do I mention this man's bravery? Because he won against 10 other men? No, because he fought them with enthusiasm and charged them all alone, and such is commendable! Clearly he was injured in a struggle not detailed to us. This is a story where I do not praise physical superiority over ten Poles and enfact I do not say he won but here I praise mental aspects that we should upheave and respect! I too will quote Hávamál for this mattre:

Deyr fé,
deyja frændr
deyr sjálfr it sama;
en orðstírr
deyr aldrigi
hveim er sér góðan getr

Northern Paladin
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 03:37 AM
It would be interesting to know what caused the altercation in the first place.

Kalevi
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 05:19 PM

Oh poo. I've been told a Finn is only worth ten Russians. :frown:

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Oh poo.
Hahaha . . .

I've been told a Finn is only worth ten Russians. :frown:
That's funny - I heard 20. ;)

tuddorsped
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
Why do I mention this man's bravery? Because he won against 10 other men? No, because he fought them with enthusiasm and charged them all alone, and such is commendable! Clearly he was injured in a struggle not detailed to us. This is a story where I do not praise physical superiority over ten Poles and enfact I do not say he won but here I praise mental aspects that we should upheave and respect! I too will quote Hávamál for this mattre:

Deyr fé,
deyja frændr
deyr sjálfr it sama;
en orðstírr
deyr aldrigi
hveim er sér góðan getr

Agreed. He was game, no question. And had a big heart. I don't dispute that at all. And I'd pay top dollar to see the video!

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
I read this in the paper also. Wow, that guy must have been mad as Hel! I wonder what the poles said to him.

Fun that you put this article here Oddstríđir, I was thinking of doing so too.

But 1 Icelander vs. 10 poles is not much compared to the story I've been told many times of my frćndi (the brother of my father). My frćndi was very tall and very strong when he was young, a blonde beast one could say, and he was a good fighter. One night when he was having fun at a ball (dance) he got into a fight with 16 men! And he punched them all so fast and so rapidly as the were trying to overcome him that thei never could get him. 1 Icelander vs. 16 Icelanders! :valkyrie:

tuddorsped
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
I read this in the paper also. Wow, that guy must have been mad as Hel! I wonder what the poles said to him.

Fun that you put this article here Oddstríðir, I was thinking of doing so too.

But 1 Icelander vs. 10 poles is not much compared to the story I've been told many times of my frændi (the brother of my father). My frændi was very tall and very strong when he was young, a blonde beast one could say, and he was a good fighter. One night when he was having fun at a ball (dance) he got into a fight with 16 men! And he punched them all so fast and so rapidly as the were trying to overcome him that thei never could get him. 1 Icelander vs. 16 Icelanders! :valkyrie:

You get swarmed by that many from multiple angles at once and you're finished. You know, nine times out of ten people are brought down from punches coming from behind them or from the side.

ALWAYS fight with your back to a wall when outnumbered.

perkele14
Friday, September 2nd, 2005, 11:41 PM
Oh poo. I've been told a Finn is only worth ten Russians. :frown:

"Mites sitten kun tulee se yhdestoista?"

White Iceland
Saturday, September 3rd, 2005, 12:00 AM
One man versus 10 is not so strange... If the one man is berserk and the other 10 are afraid to get injured. I have been jumped by 4 or 5 fellows before and managed to kick, bite, grab nuts and scratch my way out with only a few kicks to the head and ribs. Once I dragged myself off the ground and got a death clutch on one of them, the others backed off for fear that their friend would be killed. Don't underestimate a man with the odds against him.

tuddorsped
Saturday, September 3rd, 2005, 12:56 AM
One man versus 10 is not so strange... If the one man is berserk and the other 10 are afraid to get injured.

Exactly. Which would make that man a bully in my book, whatever the numbers against him.

But having a ruck with ten guys who want to have it? Not a chance. Even three or four would be too much for most. I certainly wouldn't want to try it.

You know, I was chatting with an ex-boxer friend of mine today about this story. He didn't believe it either. We were watching a collection of street brawls on dvd at his house. I said that there were only two decent fights out of maybe a hundred. He asked me why I thought that and I replied that it was because very rarely did you see two people who were really up for it. Most just were going through the motions. I think this was probably one of those occasions too. I doubt whether he traded blows with more than a few of these ten Poles. He was brave but he was lucky.