PDA

View Full Version : Moslem Gangs Target Vulnerable People

Loki
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 09:30 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4145198.stm

Violent street gangs are committing crimes in the name of Islam in south London, Muslim leaders have said.

They said there was evidence the gangs were targeting vulnerable young men and threatening them with violence if they did not "convert" and join them.

Scotland Yard said they were aware of a gang called the Muslim Boys, a number of whom had been arrested for gun and drug offences.

Police and Muslim leaders said the gang's beliefs were not legitimate.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/v3/start_quote_rb.gif

Young people are receptive to this message because they themselves are empty, they need something to believe in

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/v3/end_quote_rb.gif

Wanoo Sheshmi
From Boyhood to Manhood Foundation

Wanoo Sheshmi, of the From Boyhood to Manhood Foundation, which works with young men in south London, said the gangs tried to get those from the most deprived areas to join them.
He said: "We know that they (the gangs) are targeting young people, vulnerable young people who are receptive to this message because they themselves are empty, they need something to believe in."

Abdul Haq Ad-eye, of the Brixton Mosque, said: "People have been saying that there have been some Muslim youth that have an extremist understanding of Islam, so we are very concerned about that at Brixton Mosque because we have been quite pivotal in warning against extremist understandings of Islam."

Det Ch Supt John Coles, head of Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime within the black community, said most of the "hardcore" of the gang had been arrested. A police statement said: "Trident are aware of a number of young black males in South London who call themselves the Muslim Boys, and are involved in gun and drug related offences. "Some of these individuals claim to have converted to Islam, although their beliefs are not recognised by genuine Muslims within the community."

Loki
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Scotland Yard said they were aware of a gang called the Muslim Boys, a number of whom had been arrested for gun and drug offences.

Scotland Yard should not be allowed to say something like that. Islam is a religion of peace! :rolleyes:

anonymaus
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Things are finally coming to a head, in certain respects.

RedJack
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Yes, it was extraordinarily stupid of them to set off bombs in England.:rotfl:

SouthernBoy
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Things are finally coming to a head, in certain respects.
Yes, I agree. This will only fuel nationalist sentiments. ;)

tab3000
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Why do you praise this so called England? its called the United Kingdom now remember....

Remember the Britons want you to think that the Welsh, the English and the Scottish are all the same now.

Go and see a British Movie like "Love Actually" and then tell me what you think of "England".

Glory
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Islam is a religion of peace! :rolleyes:
Would hate to see the kind of damage a religion of war could do.

Sigel
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 07:57 PM
"Trident are aware of a number of young black males in South London who call themselves the Muslim Boys
Young, Muslim & Black. Potent mix or the title of a song?

RedJack
Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Why do you praise this so called England? its called the United Kingdom now remember....

Remember the Britons want you to think that the Welsh, the English and the Scottish are all the same now.

Go and see a British Movie like "Love Actually" and then tell me what you think of "England".

There will ALWAYS be an England!

Sigel
Tuesday, August 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Violent street gangs are committing crimes in the name of Islam in south London, Muslim leaders have said.

I found this info on another site:

Here's an excerpt of an article by David Cohen in This Is London online: The Rise of the Muslim Boys.
Winston emerges menacingly from the kitchen, a meat cleaver in one hand and a kitchen knife with an eight-inch blade in the other. “I love knives,” he says, his eyes gleaming as he begins to slash the air inches from my face.

“Guns make a f***ing noise, but knives go in,” he pauses, “ silentlike, easy.” He begins stabbing the wall and hacking the plaster, and then, just as suddenly, stops, seemingly sated, like an addict who has had his fix.

He holds up his blades to inspect them. “F***ing quality,” he says, and deposits them unceremoniously his trousers. Winston, 21, black and from south London, licks his teeth as he paces around the stripped-bare flat on a Peckham estate that serves as one of his gang’s many secret hideouts. He speaks in his gang’s uniquely coded lingo.

“Knives is f***-all. Later, my bruvs will be back from their robberies with our skengelengs [guns] and cream [money]. Later there be MACinside-10s [sub-machine guns] all over the floor, laid wall to wall. And moolah! We count it - 10 grand, 20 grand. Then, after midnight,” he adds, matter-of-factly, “me and my bruvs go to mosque to pray.”

Winston’s casual depiction of a lifestyle of crime tightly bound up with religious observance would normally be regarded as paradoxical, but in his case it is what defines him. For Winston is a member of the Muslim Boys, a gang, the black community says, unlike any that has operated before in south London.

The whole article is chilling. Here's how it ends:

Winston is now agitated again and he begins playing with his knives, laying them in patterns at his feet. "You lucky the other bruvs not here yet," he says. "They pick you up and throw you straight off the f***ing balcony."

One final question, I say. Where does your money go? "To the f***ing laundry, innit," he says, licking his teeth. Is there any connection between your gang and al Qaeda? He glares at me. "That's a deep piece of info. I support Bin Laden. I wouldn't ask that question, bruv - it's rude, it's dangerous, it's ..."

Time to leave. There are moments when words do not come easily to Winston, when he prefers to let his hands do the talking, and right now, they are being frighteningly expressive.

Lissu
Tuesday, August 16th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Sigel,

please add url to your source.

Sigel
Tuesday, August 16th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Sigel,

please add url to your source.
I can do a bit better than that.

Here's the whole thing:
http://www.acage.org/news/?day=02072005&id=0000

Enjoy!