PDA

View Full Version : "The ODEϟϟA File"

Landser_
Wednesday, August 10th, 2005, 03:56 AM
I recall seeing a movie called "The ODEϟϟA File" on TV once and would like to go rent it:

a) does anyone know if stores are likely to carry this and
b) commentary of said movie if you've seen it?

TisaAnne
Wednesday, August 10th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Have you read the novel that this movie was based upon? If you liked the movie, I would definetly suggest that you read the book. The author is Frederick Forsyth, and he does an amazing literary job with this story... very suspensful and intriguing, and well written. (I'm sure you can find it at the library. That's where I got it from.)

The movie is pretty good, as well. At times it was kind of slow, especially in the beginning, but all in all it keeps a good pace and I never lost interest in the story. I saw the movie after reading the book and that left me a bit disappointed, as a lot of character nuance and minor plot happenings were left out of the film... but, naturally, book-film adaptations are never perfect.

The film was casted very well, also... especially Jon Voigt. (I loved him in Midnight Cowboy :redface:). His acting in this movie was particularly brilliant. I don't know the name of the guy who played the SS officer, but he too was exceptional; especially at the end.

But, really... Read the book! It is so much better. :D